IRC log of er on 2006-11-22

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:51:38 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
14:51:38 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/11/22-er-irc
14:51:44 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
14:51:51 [shadi]
zakim, this will be ERT
14:51:51 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; I see WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 9 minutes
14:51:56 [shadi]
meeting: ERT WG
14:52:00 [shadi]
chair: Shadi
14:52:27 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2006Nov/0020.html
14:52:42 [shadi]
agenda+ sequences in the HTTP vocabulary
14:52:55 [shadi]
agenda+ additional validity level values
14:53:07 [shadi]
agenda+ addressing security/privacy in EARL
14:57:06 [JohannesK]
JohannesK has joined #er
14:58:31 [ChrisR]
ChrisR has joined #er
14:58:33 [davidr]
davidr has joined #er
14:59:41 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM has now started
14:59:43 [Zakim]
+Shadi
14:59:56 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:00:12 [Zakim]
+??P5
15:00:30 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is really David
15:00:30 [Zakim]
+David; got it
15:00:41 [shadi]
zakim, ? is really Johannes
15:00:41 [Zakim]
+Johannes; got it
15:01:27 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:01:37 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is really Chris
15:01:37 [Zakim]
+Chris; got it
15:01:38 [Zakim]
+Daniela
15:01:55 [Daniela]
Daniela has joined #er
15:02:17 [CarlosI]
CarlosI has joined #er
15:02:36 [shadi]
regrets: CarlosV
15:03:00 [shadi]
scribe: David
15:03:08 [shadi]
scribenick: davidr
15:03:14 [Zakim]
+berrueta
15:03:55 [shadi]
zakim, berrueta is really CarlosI
15:03:55 [Zakim]
+CarlosI; got it
15:04:10 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
15:04:10 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "sequences in the HTTP vocabulary" taken up [from shadi]
15:05:07 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2006Oct/0017
15:05:45 [davidr]
shadi: how to reconr sequences of headers that are sent and recoieved from the server
15:07:33 [davidr]
johannesk: summarises his email - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2006Oct/0017
15:11:42 [davidr]
shadi: the sequence of values is very important
15:13:23 [davidr]
shadi: not sure the importance of sequence in which headers occur
15:15:07 [davidr]
s/headers/headers of different types
15:15:32 [shadi]
action: saz add an editors note in the WD asking for feedback on potential conflict regarding sequence of *different* header types
15:18:27 [CarlosI]
probably sequence is not relevant for our use case in both cases but...
15:18:50 [CarlosI]
if we wont the HTTP in RDF vocabulary to be stand-alone...
15:19:09 [CarlosI]
I think both sequences could be relevant for other use cases
15:20:57 [davidr]
shadi: HTTP protocol makes no assumption on the order of headers
15:21:04 [Zakim]
-Chris
15:22:04 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:22:11 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is really Chris
15:22:11 [Zakim]
+Chris; got it
15:23:27 [JohannesK]
"Header: Value1\nHeader: Value2" should result in "Header: Value1, Value2"
15:23:46 [davidr]
proposed resolution: in earl, sequence of values should be flattened out into comma seperated string
15:26:04 [davidr]
RESOLUTION: in earl, sequence of values within the same request/response should be flattened out into comma seperated string
15:27:51 [davidr]
shadi: the other scenario - sequence of multiple requests/responses between client and server
15:29:07 [CarlosI]
e.g. content negotiation
15:29:24 [CarlosI]
several request and response before getting any content
15:31:53 [davidr]
johannesK: record every piece of content seperately in a webcontent class and combine them together
15:34:15 [CarlosI]
but if you want to exactly reproduce the same conditions you need to record all the sequence
15:34:43 [davidr]
johannesK: redirects could be captured in individual webcontent classes
15:35:31 [davidr]
johannesK: e.g. redirect = a->b->c, we could capture a,b & c as individual webcontent classes
15:35:56 [CarlosI]
and what are the subjects?
15:39:04 [JohannesK]
ACTION: jk to write down some thoughts about his proposal of recording 1. simple request/response pair, 2. content negotiation, 3. redirect
15:39:56 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 1
15:39:56 [Zakim]
agendum 1, sequences in the HTTP vocabulary, closed
15:39:57 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
15:39:58 [Zakim]
2. additional validity level values [from shadi]
15:40:00 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 2
15:40:00 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "additional validity level values" taken up [from shadi]
15:41:17 [davidr]
shadi: summarizes discussion thus far
15:46:19 [davidr]
davidr: proposes the introduction of a warning property within the result class
15:50:30 [CarlosI]
f
15:50:52 [CarlosI]
have always thought warnings are QA bad practices in general
15:51:01 [Daniela]
sorry, have to leave a bit earlier today ...
15:51:04 [Zakim]
-Daniela
15:51:06 [davidr]
johannesK: chaals raised the point, what kind of warning it is?
15:51:06 [CarlosI]
not sure if we should support themm in EARL
15:51:19 [CarlosI]
they are a can of worms
15:51:38 [CarlosI]
almost each warning is unique
15:54:18 [CarlosI]
proposal:
15:54:35 [CarlosI]
use always one of the current values: pass, fail, etc.
15:54:38 [CarlosI]
then...
15:54:59 [CarlosI]
we can add a new warning class you can use
15:55:13 [CarlosI]
but not associated with any specific value
15:55:51 [CarlosI]
yes
15:56:05 [CarlosI]
you use alway one of the current values
15:56:40 [Zakim]
-Chris
15:56:40 [CarlosI]
and you can additionally provide a warning
15:56:41 [ChrisR]
ChrisR has left #er
15:57:06 [CarlosI]
imposible to star working on it until next tuesday
15:57:40 [CarlosI]
ok
15:58:21 [CarlosI]
ACTION: CarlosI to summarize his proposal about warnings on the mailing list
15:59:34 [Zakim]
-Johannes
15:59:37 [CarlosI]
bye
15:59:38 [Zakim]
-David
15:59:42 [Zakim]
-Shadi
15:59:46 [Zakim]
-CarlosI
15:59:52 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM has ended
15:59:54 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shadi, David, Johannes, Chris, Daniela, CarlosI
16:01:17 [davidr]
davidr has left #er
16:01:37 [shadi]
zakim, bye
16:01:37 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #er
16:01:49 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
16:01:55 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:01:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/11/22-er-minutes.html shadi
16:01:57 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
16:02:01 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
16:02:01 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/22-er-actions.rdf :
16:02:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: saz add an editors note in the WD asking for feedback on potential conflict regarding sequence of *different* header types [1]
16:02:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/22-er-irc#T15-15-32
16:02:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: jk to write down some thoughts about his proposal of recording 1. simple request/response pair, 2. content negotiation, 3. redirect [2]
16:02:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/22-er-irc#T15-39-04
16:02:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CarlosI to summarize his proposal about warnings on the mailing list [3]
16:02:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/22-er-irc#T15-58-21