IRC log of wai-wcag on 2006-11-16

Timestamps are in UTC.

21:01:08 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
21:01:08 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-wai-wcag-irc
21:01:13 [ben_]
RRSAgent, do not start a new log
21:01:18 [ben_]
RRSAgent, make log world
21:01:24 [ben_]
zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
21:01:24 [Zakim]
ok, ben_, I see WAI_WCAG()3:00PM already started
21:01:29 [ben_]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Telecon
21:01:35 [ben_]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2006OctDec/0124.html
21:01:38 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #wai-wcag
21:01:39 [Zakim]
+Becky_Gibson
21:01:40 [ben_]
Chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden, Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:01:44 [ben_]
ScribeOptions: -scribeOnly
21:01:50 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:01:53 [ben_]
agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
21:01:54 [becka11y]
becka11y has joined #wai-wcag
21:01:58 [ben_]
agenda+ Team C Survey for 09 November
21:02:03 [ben_]
agenda+ Team C Survey for 16 November
21:02:08 [ben_]
agenda+ Team B Survey for 16 November
21:02:09 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
21:02:15 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow_Weaver
21:02:18 [ben_]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:02:18 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P10, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, ??P17, David_MacDonald, Becky_Gibson, Bruce_Bailey, Andi_Snow_Weaver
21:02:35 [ben_]
zakim, ??P10 is Gregg_Vanderheiden_and_Ben_Caldwell
21:02:35 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden_and_Ben_Caldwell; got it
21:02:50 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
21:02:52 [ben_]
zakim, ??P17 is Cynthia_Shelley
21:02:52 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelley; got it
21:02:55 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:02:58 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:03:00 [rscano]
zakim, [IPcaller is Roberto_Scano
21:03:00 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Scano; got it
21:03:06 [rscano]
zakim, I am Roberto_Scano
21:03:06 [Zakim]
ok, rscano, I now associate you with Roberto_Scano
21:03:10 [rscano]
zakim, mute me
21:03:10 [Zakim]
Roberto_Scano should now be muted
21:03:32 [Zakim]
+Sean_Hayes
21:04:10 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
21:04:11 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
21:04:24 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:04:26 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:04:40 [bengt]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Bengt_Farre
21:04:40 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
21:04:50 [Zakim]
+ +1.301.779.aaaa
21:04:56 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
21:05:10 [ben_]
zakim, +1.301.779.aaaa is Tim_Boland
21:05:10 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland; got it
21:05:32 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
21:05:40 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic
21:05:42 [bengt]
yes
21:06:21 [bengt]
why not step away from us holidays .....
21:07:00 [bengt]
dont see why they are neccessary ;)
21:07:07 [Zakim]
+Cooper
21:08:00 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:08:17 [rscano]
zakim, [IPCaller is Luca_Mascaro
21:08:17 [Zakim]
+Luca_Mascaro; got it
21:08:26 [Michael_Cooper]
zakim, mute Luca
21:08:26 [Zakim]
Luca_Mascaro should now be muted
21:08:28 [ben_]
zakim, who's on the phone?
21:08:28 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Gregg_Vanderheiden_and_Ben_Caldwell, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Cynthia_Shelley, David_MacDonald, Becky_Gibson, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Roberto_Scano (muted), Sean_Hayes,
21:08:31 [Zakim]
... Katie_Haritos-Shea, Christophe_Strobbe, Bengt_Farre, Bruce_Bailey, Tim_Boland, Sofia_Celic (muted), Cooper, Luca_Mascaro (muted)
21:08:35 [LucaMascaro]
LucaMascaro has joined #wai-WCAG
21:08:42 [LucaMascaro]
Zakim, mute me
21:08:42 [Zakim]
Luca_Mascaro was already muted, LucaMascaro
21:10:01 [bengt]
protest
21:10:53 [ben_]
RESOLUTION: no meeting next week
21:11:07 [sean]
sean has joined #wai-wcag
21:11:52 [ben_]
scribe: Christophe
21:12:35 [Christophe]
RESOLUTION: LC-891 and LC-1231 accepted as proposed with unanimous consent
21:15:08 [ben_]
zakim, take up agendum 1
21:15:08 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Announcements, Questions, and Updates" taken up [from ben_]
21:15:30 [Christophe]
zakim, take up agendum 2
21:15:30 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Team C Survey for 09 November" taken up [from ben_]
21:16:07 [Christophe]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20061109-teamc/results
21:16:29 [Christophe]
Topic: LC-783: Slider not device independent
21:16:52 [Zakim]
-Luca_Mascaro
21:16:58 [Christophe]
RESOLUTION: LC-873 accepted as proposed
21:17:08 [Christophe]
Topic: LC-784: Time limits for sign language interpretation
21:17:20 [Christophe]
RESOLUTION: LC-784 accepted as ammended
21:17:28 [LucaMascaro_]
LucaMascaro_ has joined #wai-WCAG
21:17:29 [ben_]
s/873/783
21:17:51 [Christophe]
Topic: LC-1099: Technique to turn off flashing before it begins
21:18:06 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:18:17 [LucaMascaro]
zakim, [IPca is LucaMascaro
21:18:17 [Zakim]
+LucaMascaro; got it
21:18:21 [LucaMascaro]
Zakim, mute me
21:18:21 [Zakim]
LucaMascaro should now be muted
21:22:31 [Zakim]
-LucaMascaro
21:22:50 [Christophe]
RESOLUTION: accept LC-1099 as ammended (new advisory technique)
21:23:13 [Christophe]
Topic: LC-1282: Clarify operated vs accessed
21:24:19 [Christophe]
RESOLUTION: close LC-1282 (as proposed) by accepting the suggestion
21:24:39 [Christophe]
Topic: LC-1201: Preciseness of Guideline 1.3
21:26:18 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:28:42 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:32:46 [David_MacDonald]
q+
21:36:05 [Gregg]
ack da
21:38:18 [sean]
q+
21:40:06 [Michael_Cooper]
q+
21:40:21 [Andi]
q+
21:40:56 [Gregg]
ack sea
21:41:57 [Gregg]
ack mich
21:42:58 [Gregg]
q+
21:43:03 [Gregg]
ack andi
21:45:24 [Gregg]
ack gregg
21:45:30 [Gregg]
ack cyn
21:49:09 [Christophe]
RESOLUTION: accpet LC-1201 as ammended
21:50:36 [Christophe]
ACTION: David to reword GL 1.3 Understanding doc to match GL 1.3 text
21:50:49 [Christophe]
Topic: LC--885: 1.1.1 difficult to understand
21:53:46 [Christophe]
RESOLUTION: send LC-885 back to Team C; rejected due to F2F resolution on SC 1.1.1
21:54:15 [Christophe]
Topic: LC-1281: Contradiction in 1.1.1
21:58:21 [Christophe]
RESOLUTION: change "same information" to "equivalent information" in the Guidelines
21:59:21 [Christophe]
RESOLUTION: accept LC-1281 as ammended
21:59:32 [Christophe]
zakim, take up agendum 3
21:59:32 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Team C Survey for 16 November" taken up [from ben_]
22:00:51 [Christophe]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20061116-teamc/results
22:01:37 [Christophe]
Topic: Question based on proposal for 891 (http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20061116-teamc/results#x891Q)
22:02:55 [sean]
q+
22:03:07 [Christophe]
About SC 1.2.5 Sign language interpretation is provided for multimedia. (level 3)
22:03:22 [Gregg]
ack sean
22:03:56 [Loretta]
q+
22:04:33 [Loretta]
q-
22:05:39 [Gregg]
q+
22:06:36 [Andi]
q+
22:07:19 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Scano
22:07:25 [rscano]
mmm
22:07:26 [rscano]
skype problems
22:07:58 [sean]
q+
22:10:53 [Gregg]
ack g
22:11:48 [Gregg]
ack andi
22:11:50 [Gregg]
ack sea
22:16:59 [Christophe]
RESOLUTION: keep SC 1.2.5
22:17:25 [Christophe]
Topic: 956: Modification of 1.1.1
22:19:19 [Christophe]
RESOLUTION: LC-956 accepted as ammended
22:19:40 [Christophe]
Topic: LC-1524: Unclarity of non-text content
22:19:52 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
22:22:05 [Christophe]
RESOLUTION: LC-1524 accepted as proposed
22:22:32 [Christophe]
Topic: LC-978: Who determines error
22:28:00 [Christophe]
RESOLUTION: LC-978 accepted as ammended.
22:28:16 [Christophe]
Topic: LC-1197: Specificity for context-sensitive help
22:30:18 [Gregg]
ack cyn
22:32:47 [Gregg]
q+
22:32:55 [Gregg]
ack g
22:37:42 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:41:00 [Christophe]
RESOLUTION: accept LC-1197 as ammended.
22:41:16 [Christophe]
Topic: LC-1171: Extend recovery requirement
22:43:20 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
22:48:05 [Christophe]
Action: David to explore 1171 for language that might work
22:49:02 [Christophe]
RESOLUTION: LC-1171 left opne
22:49:10 [Christophe]
s/opne/open/
22:50:00 [Christophe]
zakim, take up agendum 4
22:50:00 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Team B Survey for 16 November" taken up [from ben_]
22:50:17 [Christophe]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/teamb16112006/results
22:51:03 [Christophe]
Topic: Combine SC 3.1.1 and 3.1.2: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/teamb16112006/results#xsc311312
22:51:07 [Gregg]
Q+
22:54:21 [Gregg]
ack g
22:56:30 [sean]
q+
22:56:41 [Gregg]
ack sean
22:56:46 [Michael_Cooper]
q+ to say I won't fight about what level it goes at
22:56:52 [Gregg]
ack m
22:56:52 [Zakim]
Michael_Cooper, you wanted to say I won't fight about what level it goes at
23:02:59 [Christophe]
RESOLUTION: close LC-622, LC-623, LC-760, LC-1295 as ammended
23:08:23 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
23:08:34 [Zakim]
-Becky_Gibson
23:08:35 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelley
23:08:35 [Zakim]
-Sean_Hayes
23:08:37 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
23:08:37 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
23:08:39 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
23:08:41 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
23:08:42 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
23:08:43 [Zakim]
-??P10
23:08:44 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
23:08:45 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow_Weaver
23:08:47 [Zakim]
-Cooper
23:08:49 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
23:08:51 [Zakim]
Attendees were Loretta_Guarino_Reid, David_MacDonald, Becky_Gibson, Bruce_Bailey, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Gregg_Vanderheiden_and_Ben_Caldwell, Cynthia_Shelley, Roberto_Scano, Sean_Hayes,
23:08:55 [Zakim]
... Christophe_Strobbe, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Bengt_Farre, Tim_Boland, Sofia_Celic, Cooper, [IPcaller], Luca_Mascaro, LucaMascaro
23:09:03 [becka11y]
becka11y has left #wai-wcag
23:09:40 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
23:11:17 [ben_]
RRSAgent, pointer?
23:11:17 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-wai-wcag-irc#T23-11-17
23:16:37 [ben_]
RRSagent, bye
23:16:37 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
23:16:37 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: David to reword GL 1.3 Understanding doc to match GL 1.3 text [1]
23:16:37 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-wai-wcag-irc#T21-50-36
23:16:37 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: David to explore 1171 for language that might work [2]
23:16:37 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/16-wai-wcag-irc#T22-48-05
23:16:40 [ben_]
Zakim, bye
23:16:40 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag