IRC log of er on 2006-11-15

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:47:38 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
14:47:38 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/11/15-er-irc
14:47:44 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
14:47:52 [shadi]
zakim, this will be ert
14:47:52 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; I see WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 13 minutes
14:47:59 [shadi]
meeting: ERT WG
14:48:07 [shadi]
chair: Shadi
14:48:18 [shadi]
regrets: CarlosV, Daniela
14:48:53 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2006Nov/0014.html
14:49:07 [shadi]
agenda+ referencing URI in WebContent class
14:49:18 [shadi]
agenda+ proposal for FileContent class?
14:49:33 [shadi]
agenda+ sequences in the HTTP vocabulary
14:49:45 [shadi]
agenda+ additional validity level values
14:50:00 [shadi]
agenda+ addressing security/privacy in EARL
14:55:46 [JohannesK]
JohannesK has joined #er
14:58:34 [ChrisR]
ChrisR has joined #er
14:59:05 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM has now started
14:59:13 [Zakim]
+CarlosV
14:59:37 [JohannesK]
Zakim, CarlosV is really Johannes
14:59:39 [Zakim]
+Johannes; got it
15:00:25 [Zakim]
-Johannes
15:00:26 [Zakim]
+Johannes
15:00:27 [Zakim]
+Shadi
15:02:01 [CarlosI]
CarlosI has joined #er
15:03:18 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:03:40 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is really Chris
15:03:40 [Zakim]
+Chris; got it
15:05:42 [Zakim]
+Diego
15:06:00 [shadi]
zakim, diego is really CarlosI
15:06:00 [Zakim]
+CarlosI; got it
15:08:02 [shadi]
scribe: Chris
15:08:07 [shadi]
scribenick: ChrisR
15:08:11 [shadi]
agenda?
15:08:29 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
15:08:29 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "referencing URI in WebContent class" taken up [from shadi]
15:08:52 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2006Nov/0009
15:09:10 [ChrisR]
SAZ: Plenty of discussion on list regarding this issue.
15:09:25 [ChrisR]
SAZ: RDF:about is not sufficient so we need additional property.
15:09:55 [ChrisR]
SAZ: RDF: property was repeated to simplify query.
15:10:30 [ChrisR]
SAZ: Tradeoff is slightly longer query or duplicate propery which brings up issue of duplication.
15:10:57 [ChrisR]
SAZ: And what is recorded if URL is redirected is also problem.
15:12:01 [ChrisR]
CI: In theory there is no way so determine if used 2 times.
15:12:58 [ChrisR]
CI: About redirect - Use URI for resource that you ultimately get.
15:13:21 [shadi]
s/CI:/JK:
15:16:24 [ChrisR]
JK: There will be 2 requests if redirected. Don't mix the 2 and should be OK.
15:18:23 [ChrisR]
SAZ: If referring to FTP resource, for example, then we can record URI but not content.
15:19:02 [ChrisR]
SAZ: So we need property to record content or we use file:content class to record such resources.
15:19:42 [ChrisR]
JK: If we do that then we don't need URI:uri property.
15:21:37 [ChrisR]
SAZ: In general we need class to describe content that is not HTTP (like local files or FTP resources).
15:25:58 [JohannesK]
JK: BasicContent (source property)
15:26:12 [JohannesK]
JK: FileContent extends BasicContent (filename property)
15:26:27 [JohannesK]
JK: WebContent extends BasicContent (uri property)
15:26:44 [JohannesK]
JK: HttpContent extends WebContent (httpRequest, httpResponse properties)
15:31:24 [shadi]
#1 TestSubject has property to record the source
15:31:53 [shadi]
#2 FileContent is a subclass of TestSubject and has a property to record the filename
15:32:36 [shadi]
#3 WebContent is a subclass of TestSubject and has a property to record the uri (as well as http request/response stuff, maybe also other protocols in the future)
15:35:16 [ChrisR]
CI: We discussed testing other things so do we need class (even if optional) for recording content?
15:38:18 [shadi]
#1 TestSubject remains generic
15:38:46 [shadi]
#2 BasicContent is a subclass of TestSubject and has property to record the source
15:38:52 [shadi]
#3 FileContent is a subclass of TestSubject and has a property to record the filename
15:39:07 [shadi]
#3 FileContent is a subclass of BasicContent and has a property to record the filename
15:39:23 [shadi]
#4 WebContent is a subclass of BasicContent and has a property to record the uri (as well as http request/response stuff, maybe also other protocols in the future)
15:44:16 [ChrisR]
JK: questions whether we should have an HTTP:content class.
15:46:41 [ChrisR]
SAZ: summary - If content has uri then use WebContent class if no uri then use FileContent class.
15:47:02 [ChrisR]
SAZ: And which namespace to use?
15:51:02 [ChrisR]
CI: We're having trouble fitting into existing classes so may need to create new classes.
15:51:47 [ChrisR]
SAZ: Do we really need to create new class HttpContent or can we add properties to other class?
15:54:36 [ChrisR]
SAZ: Will make language easier to learn and use if only one class.
15:55:24 [ChrisR]
CI: If you need to record request or response then should be httpcontent. We need valid use case for WebContent class.
15:57:35 [ChrisR]
SAZ: Non HTTP content is likely to be very small. WebContent class should cover most cases.
15:58:42 [ChrisR]
CI: If explain use cases for all classes then should not be a problem with multiple classes.
16:01:12 [ChrisR]
SAZ: Take discussion to list and think about it a bit more.
16:01:50 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 1
16:01:50 [Zakim]
agendum 1, referencing URI in WebContent class, closed
16:01:51 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:01:53 [Zakim]
2. proposal for FileContent class? [from shadi]
16:01:57 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 2
16:01:57 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "proposal for FileContent class?" taken up [from shadi]
16:02:39 [ChrisR]
SAZ: There is a use case for FileContent class and no good reason on list not to use it.
16:03:45 [ChrisR]
RESOLUTION: We adopt FileContent class.
16:04:34 [ChrisR]
JK: Suggest that all filename property is lower case.
16:05:46 [ChrisR]
action: SAZ will send complete proposal including FileContent class to list for discussion.
16:06:28 [Zakim]
-Johannes
16:06:32 [Zakim]
-Shadi
16:06:34 [Zakim]
-Chris
16:06:34 [ChrisR]
ChrisR has left #er
16:06:54 [Zakim]
-CarlosI
16:06:55 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM has ended
16:06:56 [Zakim]
Attendees were Johannes, Shadi, Chris, CarlosI
16:07:10 [shadi]
zakim, bye
16:07:10 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #er
16:07:50 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
16:07:55 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:07:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/11/15-er-minutes.html shadi
16:07:57 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
16:08:01 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
16:08:01 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/15-er-actions.rdf :
16:08:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SAZ will send complete proposal including FileContent class to list for discussion. [1]
16:08:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/15-er-irc#T16-05-46