IRC log of dawg on 2006-11-14

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:21:53 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dawg
14:21:53 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/11/14-dawg-irc
14:21:58 [kendallclark]
zakim,this will be dawg
14:21:58 [Zakim]
ok, kendallclark; I see SW_DAWG()9:30AM scheduled to start in 9 minutes
14:22:02 [kendallclark]
delightful
14:22:50 [kendallclark]
zakim, agenda+ bootup()
14:22:50 [Zakim]
agendum 1 added
14:23:04 [kendallclark]
zakim, agenda+ action items
14:23:04 [Zakim]
agendum 2 added
14:23:13 [kendallclark]
zakim, agenda+ conf reports
14:23:13 [Zakim]
agendum 3 added
14:23:20 [kendallclark]
zakim, agenda+ semantics
14:23:20 [Zakim]
agendum 4 added
14:23:35 [kendallclark]
zakim, agenda+ filter scope and optionals
14:23:35 [Zakim]
agendum 5 added
14:23:48 [kendallclark]
zakim, agenda+ open world value tests
14:23:49 [Zakim]
agendum 6 added
14:27:46 [Zakim]
SW_DAWG()9:30AM has now started
14:27:53 [Zakim]
+Elias_Torres
14:28:48 [Zakim]
+??P17
14:28:59 [SimonR]
Zakim, ??P17 is me
14:28:59 [Zakim]
+SimonR; got it
14:29:17 [Zakim]
+??P19
14:29:20 [AndyS]
zakim, ??P19 is me
14:29:20 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
14:29:56 [Zakim]
+Kendall_Clark
14:29:57 [AndyS]
Meeting: RDF Data Access Working Group telecon
14:30:03 [AndyS]
Chair: Kendall Clark
14:30:09 [AndyS]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006OctDec/0138.html
14:30:15 [AndyS]
Scribe: Andy Seaborne
14:30:19 [AndyS]
ScribeNick: AndyS
14:30:57 [kendallclark]
zakim, who's on the phone
14:30:57 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who's on the phone', kendallclark
14:31:00 [kendallclark]
zakim, who's on the phone?
14:31:00 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Elias_Torres, SimonR, AndyS, Kendall_Clark
14:32:04 [AndyS]
Regrets: EricP, Lee
14:33:20 [AndyS]
Regrets: EricP, LeeF, PatH
14:34:55 [kendallclark]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006OctDec/0130.html
14:35:48 [AndyS]
Seconded: elias
14:36:15 [AndyS]
Resolved: to accept the minutes http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006OctDec/0130.html
14:38:00 [AndyS]
Next meeting: 21 Nov
14:39:13 [kendallclark]
@ 14:30 UTC
14:40:05 [AndyS]
(discussion of moving time - no conclusion)
14:40:12 [AndyS]
Scribe next time: EliasT
14:40:17 [AndyS]
aka Lee.
14:40:22 [kendallclark]
zakim, take up next agendum
14:40:22 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "bootup()" taken up [from kendallclark]
14:40:32 [kendallclark]
zakim, close agendum
14:40:32 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'close agendum', kendallclark
14:40:34 [kendallclark]
zakim, close agendum #1
14:40:34 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'close agendum #1', kendallclark
14:40:42 [kendallclark]
zakim, take up next agendum
14:40:42 [Zakim]
agendum 1 was just opened, kendallclark
14:40:48 [AndyS]
Regrets: +SteveH
14:40:49 [kendallclark]
zakim, take up agendum 2
14:40:49 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "action items" taken up [from kendallclark]
14:41:18 [AndyS]
ACTION: PatH to draft replacement vanilla entailment section for WG consideration
14:41:21 [AndyS]
CONTINUES
14:41:29 [AndyS]
ACTION: KendallC to close formsOfDistinct issue
14:41:33 [kendallclark]
zakim, close agendum
14:41:33 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'close agendum', kendallclark
14:41:36 [AndyS]
CONTINUES
14:41:37 [kendallclark]
zakim, close agendum 2
14:41:37 [Zakim]
agendum 2, action items, closed
14:41:38 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:41:39 [Zakim]
1. bootup() [from kendallclark]
14:41:44 [AndyS]
ACTION: PatH to review the proposed tests in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006JulSep/0169 and say yay or nay
14:41:46 [kendallclark]
zakim, close agendum 1
14:41:46 [Zakim]
agendum 1, bootup(), closed
14:41:47 [AndyS]
CONTINUES
14:41:47 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:41:48 [Zakim]
3. conf reports [from kendallclark]
14:41:53 [kendallclark]
zakim, take up next agendum
14:41:53 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "conf reports" taken up [from kendallclark]
14:41:56 [AndyS]
ACTION: KendallC to remember that the wee, lost filter tests should be put to the question (re: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006OctDec/0099.html )
14:41:59 [AndyS]
CONTINUES
14:42:09 [AndyS]
ACTION: PatH to draft replacement vanilla entailment section for WG consideration
14:42:12 [AndyS]
CONTINUES
14:44:06 [AndyS]
ISWC update: possible BGP matcher external to spec for > simple entailment
14:48:35 [AndyS]
"SPARQL-DL": 90% of OWL-ED interested in that. DL-community would extend SPARQL themselves.
14:48:58 [AndyS]
kendall: good outcome for DAWG
14:49:18 [AndyS]
... means current spec just needs to leave the door open but not solve extension
14:50:25 [Zakim]
-AndyS
14:50:54 [Zakim]
+??P1
14:50:55 [AndyS]
zakim, ??P1 is me
14:50:55 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
14:51:35 [kendallclark]
(http://pellet.owldl.com/)
14:53:48 [kendallclark]
ouch
14:55:57 [SimonR]
AndyS: hopes to produce a reviewable draft of rq24 w/ all new material by ~Dec 1. If comments on disvussion go favorably, possible that this might be approved in Dec.
14:56:34 [AndyS]
AndyS: hopes to have a separate doc with new content for rq24 by Dec 1.
14:57:30 [SimonR]
(De nada! Better if it was actually accurate. :) )
15:00:03 [AndyS]
AndyS: cardinality of bnodes in BGP : might be able to make a free choice on counting/non-counting for bnodes. May make it easier to implement if act as hidden varaiables.
15:00:23 [kendallclark]
zakim, who's making noise?
15:00:35 [Zakim]
kendallclark, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: AndyS (10%), Kendall_Clark (37%)
15:02:12 [AndyS]
discussion on scoping set + GRAPH
15:02:36 [AndyS]
Kendall: ?ADJOURN?
15:02:41 [AndyS]
Simon: seconded
15:02:51 [AndyS]
ADJOURNED
15:03:08 [AndyS]
rrsagent, set logs world-visible
15:03:18 [AndyS]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:03:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/11/14-dawg-minutes.html AndyS
15:03:50 [Zakim]
-Elias_Torres
15:03:54 [Zakim]
-SimonR
15:04:10 [Zakim]
-AndyS
15:04:12 [Zakim]
-Kendall_Clark
15:04:14 [Zakim]
SW_DAWG()9:30AM has ended
15:04:16 [Zakim]
Attendees were Elias_Torres, SimonR, AndyS, Kendall_Clark
15:05:33 [AndyS]
AndyS has left #dawg
15:10:37 [afs]
rrsagent, please leave
15:10:37 [RRSAgent]
I see 5 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/14-dawg-actions.rdf :
15:10:37 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: PatH to draft replacement vanilla entailment section for WG consideration [1]
15:10:37 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/14-dawg-irc#T14-41-18
15:10:37 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: KendallC to close formsOfDistinct issue [2]
15:10:37 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/14-dawg-irc#T14-41-29
15:10:37 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: PatH to review the proposed tests in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006JulSep/0169 and say yay or nay [3]
15:10:37 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/14-dawg-irc#T14-41-44
15:10:37 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: KendallC to remember that the wee, lost filter tests should be put to the question (re: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006OctDec/0099.html ) [4]
15:10:37 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/14-dawg-irc#T14-41-56
15:10:37 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: PatH to draft replacement vanilla entailment section for WG consideration [5]
15:10:37 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/14-dawg-irc#T14-42-09