IRC log of databinding on 2006-11-14

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:53:33 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #databinding
14:53:33 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/11/14-databinding-irc
14:53:35 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:53:35 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #databinding
14:53:37 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DBWG
14:53:37 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_DBWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 7 minutes
14:53:38 [trackbot]
Meeting: Databinding WG Teleconference
14:53:38 [trackbot]
Date: 14 November 2006
14:54:19 [pauld]
Chair: pauld
14:54:23 [pauld]
Scribe: pauld
14:54:34 [pauld]
Regrets: Yves, Otu
14:54:53 [pauld]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
14:54:53 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/11/14-databinding-minutes.html pauld
14:58:35 [gcowe]
gcowe has joined #databinding
15:00:43 [pauld]
zakim, code?
15:00:43 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3294 (tel:+1.617.761.6200), pauld
15:00:48 [Zakim]
WS_DBWG()10:00AM has now started
15:00:55 [Zakim]
+[INRIA]
15:01:11 [pauld]
zakim, [INRIA] contains pauld
15:01:11 [Zakim]
+pauld; got it
15:01:25 [Zakim]
+George_Cowe
15:01:32 [cgi-ircvladB]
cgi-ircvladB has joined #databinding
15:01:41 [Zakim]
+vlad
15:02:07 [Zakim]
+ +7.711.10.aaaa
15:02:29 [pauld]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xsd-databinding/2006Nov/0028.html
15:02:43 [pauld]
zakim, aaaa is me
15:02:43 [Zakim]
+pauld; got it
15:02:53 [pauld]
zakim, aaaa is really jonc
15:02:53 [Zakim]
sorry, pauld, I do not recognize a party named 'aaaa'
15:03:30 [pauld]
zakim, who is here?
15:03:31 [Zakim]
On the phone I see [INRIA], George_Cowe, vlad, pauld
15:03:33 [Zakim]
[INRIA] has pauld
15:03:35 [Zakim]
On IRC I see cgi-ircvladB, gcowe, Zakim, RRSAgent, pauld, trackbot, Yves
15:03:55 [pauld]
minutes: approved
15:04:11 [cgi-ircvladB]
zakim, cgi-ircvladB is vlad
15:04:18 [Zakim]
sorry, cgi-ircvladB, I do not recognize a party named 'cgi-ircvladB'
15:04:45 [pauld]
Topic: ISSUE-93
15:06:27 [pauld]
no objections to making gDay and gMonth advanced?>
15:06:56 [pauld]
RESOLUTION: close ISSUE-93 as advancedd
15:07:06 [pauld]
s/advancedd/advanced/
15:07:16 [pauld]
clarified "state of art"
15:08:48 [pauld]
Topic: Moving to Last Call
15:09:00 [pauld]
pauld: heard W3C would like to move to LC
15:09:26 [pauld]
jonc: BT happy to move forward
15:09:50 [pauld]
gcowe: Origo is OK to move forward
15:11:53 [pauld]
more interested in patterns detection
15:13:47 [pauld]
vladislav: would ideally like more time, but OK to move forward, but may contribute basic patterns during last call
15:13:57 [pauld]
pauld: discussion of substantive changes
15:14:39 [pauld]
pauld: OK, we'll go to Last Call!
15:15:31 [pauld]
pauld: will complete editorial AIs today and notify on the member list
15:17:54 [pauld]
Topic: ISSUE-62
15:17:57 [pauld]
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/databinding/issues/62
15:18:17 [Zakim]
-pauld
15:19:32 [pauld]
vladislav: wouldn't argue against redefine!
15:20:06 [pauld]
vladislav: probably not mentioning redefine is best
15:21:24 [pauld]
pauld: we only have positive patterns, so that's how we're thinking
15:21:52 [pauld]
gcowe: we're happy with the Basic and our patterns in Adavnced, not looking for much more
15:22:36 [pauld]
pauld: that's the risk, we're a small WG and we only look at schemas of interest to us
15:22:49 [pauld]
gcowe: will submit some missing patterns
15:23:30 [cgi-ircvladB]
s/vladislav: wouldn't argue/vladislav: would argue/
15:26:08 [pauld]
pauld: been collecting public schemas, have 40 something to check in with an ant taks to fetch and detect
15:26:29 [pauld]
gcowe: how many patters remain to be documents?
15:26:36 [pauld]
s/documents/documented/
15:27:42 [pauld]
pauld: hard to say, depends on the granularity of the tool
15:34:03 [pauld]
discussion of possbile inferance tool
15:34:20 [pauld]
vladislav: versioning?
15:34:51 [pauld]
pauld: we'll discuss this, but I'm worried about open ended discussion, best to make concrete proposals for patterns
15:36:19 [pauld]
Topic: ISSUE-95: totalDigits for xs:decimal
15:38:47 [pauld]
vladislav: came from precisionDecimal pattern, possibly a simpler approach to constrain the size of decimal
15:39:05 [pauld]
.. not sure it's Basic, and we may have an alternative approach
15:40:56 [pauld]
gcowe: lets see how the testsuite handles it
15:41:38 [pauld]
RESOLUTION: accepte ISSUE-05 as a Basic pattern
15:42:18 [pauld]
s/accepte/accept/
15:43:52 [pauld]
gcowe: has sequence/@maxOccurs as a Basic pattern
15:44:11 [pauld]
pauld: raise it as an issue, we'll accept it in advance as being Basic
15:45:54 [Zakim]
-vlad
15:45:55 [Zakim]
-[INRIA]
15:48:08 [Zakim]
-George_Cowe
15:48:09 [Zakim]
WS_DBWG()10:00AM has ended
15:48:10 [Zakim]
Attendees were pauld, George_Cowe, vlad, +7.711.10.aaaa
16:04:27 [pauld__]
pauld__ has joined #databinding
16:06:48 [pauld]
rrsagent, generate minutes
16:06:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/11/14-databinding-minutes.html pauld
17:26:05 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #databinding