IRC log of wai-wcag on 2006-11-02

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:59:01 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:59:01 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/11/02-wai-wcag-irc
20:59:13 [Michael_Cooper]
rrsagent, make log world
20:59:19 [Michael_Cooper]
meeting: WAI WCAG
20:59:25 [Michael_Cooper]
chair: Gregg_Vanderheident
20:59:32 [Michael_Cooper]
chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:59:39 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
20:59:46 [Zakim]
+Judy
21:00:06 [David]
David has joined #wai-wcag
21:00:13 [Gez]
Gez has joined #wai-wcag
21:00:28 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:00:40 [LucaMascaro]
Zakim, IPcaller is LucaMascaro
21:00:40 [Zakim]
+LucaMascaro; got it
21:00:43 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
21:00:51 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic
21:00:58 [Michael_Cooper]
zakim, call Cooper-Ottawa
21:00:58 [Zakim]
ok, Michael_Cooper; the call is being made
21:01:00 [Zakim]
+Cooper
21:01:40 [Zakim]
+??P8
21:01:56 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:01:57 [Makoto]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Makoto_Ueki
21:01:57 [Zakim]
+Makoto_Ueki; got it
21:02:00 [Zakim]
+??P6
21:02:03 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:02:05 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
21:02:08 [ben_]
zakim, ??P6 is Ben_and_Gregg
21:02:08 [Zakim]
+Ben_and_Gregg; got it
21:02:10 [Tim]
Tim has joined #wai-wcag
21:02:12 [bengt]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Bengt_Farre
21:02:12 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
21:02:14 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:02:30 [Michael_Cooper]
zakim, who's on the phone?
21:02:30 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Judy, LucaMascaro, David_MacDonald, Sofia_Celic (muted), Cooper, ??P8, Makoto_Ueki, Ben_and_Gregg, Bengt_Farre, Tim_Boland, Bruce_Bailey
21:02:57 [LucaMascaro]
Zakim, mute me
21:02:57 [Zakim]
LucaMascaro should now be muted
21:03:02 [Michael_Cooper]
zakim, ??P8 is Cynthia_Shelly
21:03:02 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly; got it
21:03:21 [Zakim]
+Becky_Gibson
21:03:40 [David]
scribe: David
21:03:56 [becka11y]
becka11y has joined #wai-wcag
21:04:00 [ben_]
RRSAgent, pointer?
21:04:00 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2006/11/02-wai-wcag-irc#T21-04-00
21:04:04 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
21:04:10 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:04:14 [ben_]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2006OctDec/0067.html
21:04:24 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:04:25 [Michael_Cooper]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2006OctDec/0067.html
21:04:38 [Michael_Cooper]
zakim, IP is Sorcha_Moore
21:04:38 [Zakim]
sorry, Michael_Cooper, I do not recognize a party named 'IP'
21:04:44 [Michael_Cooper]
zakim, [IP is Sorcha_Moore
21:04:44 [Zakim]
+Sorcha_Moore; got it
21:04:53 [Sorcha]
zakim, mute Sorcha_Moore
21:04:53 [Zakim]
Sorcha_Moore should now be muted
21:05:17 [Michael_Cooper]
agenda+ Announcements, updates, questions
21:05:21 [ben_]
chair+ Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:05:22 [Michael_Cooper]
zakim, take up item 1
21:05:22 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Announcements, updates, questions" taken up [from Michael_Cooper]
21:05:29 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:05:43 [Michael_Cooper]
agenda+ Team C Issues for 19 October 2006 (from issue 739 on)
21:05:44 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.a]
21:05:55 [rellero__]
Zakim, IPcaller.a is Roberto_Ellero
21:05:55 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
21:05:59 [Michael_Cooper]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Gez_Lemon
21:05:59 [Zakim]
+Gez_Lemon; got it
21:06:04 [rellero__]
zakim, mute Roberto_Ellero
21:06:04 [Zakim]
Roberto_Ellero should now be muted
21:06:14 [ben_]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:06:14 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Judy, LucaMascaro (muted), David_MacDonald, Sofia_Celic (muted), Cooper, Cynthia_Shelly, Makoto_Ueki, Ben_and_Gregg, Bengt_Farre, Tim_Boland, Bruce_Bailey,
21:06:17 [Zakim]
... Becky_Gibson, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Sorcha_Moore (muted), Gez_Lemon, Roberto_Ellero (muted)
21:06:23 [Michael_Cooper]
agenda+ Editor's Issues for 19 October
21:06:33 [Michael_Cooper]
agenda+ Oct 2006 Face to Face Resolutions
21:07:48 [Michael_Cooper]
agenda?
21:08:04 [Michael_Cooper]
agenda+ Plan for addressing cognitive issues
21:08:48 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
21:08:49 [Michael_Cooper]
zakim, close this item
21:08:50 [Zakim]
agendum 1 closed
21:08:51 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
21:08:52 [Zakim]
2. Team C Issues for 19 October 2006 (from issue 739 on) [from Michael_Cooper]
21:10:13 [Michael_Cooper]
zakim, take up item 5
21:10:13 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Plan for addressing cognitive issues" taken up [from Michael_Cooper]
21:10:34 [David]
topic: how to address cognitive issues.
21:10:53 [ben_]
ScribeOptions: -scribeOnly
21:10:59 [Ryladog]
Ryladog has joined #wai-wcag
21:13:21 [ben]
ben has joined #wai-wcag
21:14:50 [Michael_Cooper]
ack b
21:15:56 [Michael_Cooper]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2006/10/25-27_ftf-minutes#Cognitive_Discussion
21:16:16 [judy]
q+
21:16:36 [Michael_Cooper]
ack j
21:17:25 [judy]
q+
21:18:20 [ben]
ack judy
21:19:32 [Zakim]
+ +1.713.790.aaaa
21:20:11 [Michael_Cooper]
zakim, +1.713 is John_Slatin
21:20:11 [Zakim]
+John_Slatin; got it
21:23:29 [Zakim]
+Sean_Hayes
21:23:44 [Loretta]
+q
21:23:47 [Loretta]
q+
21:24:26 [Michael_Cooper]
ack l
21:24:54 [Michael_Cooper]
zakim, close this item
21:24:54 [Zakim]
agendum 5 closed
21:24:55 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
21:24:56 [Zakim]
2. Team C Issues for 19 October 2006 (from issue 739 on) [from Michael_Cooper]
21:25:04 [Michael_Cooper]
zakim, take up item 2
21:25:04 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Team C Issues for 19 October 2006 (from issue 739 on)" taken up [from Michael_Cooper]
21:26:11 [David]
Topic: 739
21:26:45 [sean]
sean has joined #wai-wcag
21:27:19 [Ryladog]
q+
21:27:41 [Gregg]
ack r
21:27:59 [Michael_Cooper]
ack ry
21:28:04 [ben]
zakim, mute Roberto_Ellero
21:28:04 [Zakim]
Roberto_Ellero should now be muted
21:28:49 [Zakim]
-Judy
21:29:06 [judy]
judy has left #wai-wcag
21:29:13 [David]
Resolution: close 739 with Ben's edits
21:30:00 [Michael_Cooper]
q+ to say problem is if the media _does_ load but you still need alt
21:30:08 [David]
topic: 786
21:31:26 [Michael_Cooper]
ack m
21:31:26 [Zakim]
Michael_Cooper, you wanted to say problem is if the media _does_ load but you still need alt
21:35:21 [Ryladog]
q+
21:36:02 [Michael_Cooper]
ack ry
21:38:39 [Gregg]
ack b
21:39:21 [ben]
q+
21:39:57 [Gregg]
ack b
21:40:03 [Gregg]
q+
21:41:02 [Michael_Cooper]
q+ to say I agree with Ben, and also would like to document Gez's technique
21:41:13 [Michael_Cooper]
q-
21:42:05 [Loretta]
q+
21:42:48 [Gregg]
ack g
21:42:54 [Gregg]
ack l
21:43:43 [David]
Action: Gz to write a no-ebed technique demonstration
21:43:54 [David]
s/Gz/Gez
21:44:30 [Michael_Cooper]
action 1 = Gez to write a no-embed technique demonstration
21:44:52 [Michael_Cooper]
scribeOptions: -trustRRSAgent
21:44:57 [David]
Resolution: Accept 786 as revised
21:46:33 [David]
topic: 975
21:51:39 [David]
Resolution: accept 975 as revised
21:52:16 [David]
topic: 1160
21:52:48 [David]
resolution: accept 1160 as amended
21:58:14 [Gregg]
ACK C
22:00:32 [Gregg]
ACK C
22:02:10 [David]
Resolution: send 1201 back to team C
22:02:52 [David]
topic: 1321
22:03:25 [David]
topic: correction 1329
22:14:49 [Zakim]
-Sorcha_Moore
22:15:12 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
22:15:31 [Sorcha]
[IPcaller] is <sorcha_moore>
22:15:33 [Michael_Cooper]
zakim, [IP is Sorcha_Moore
22:15:33 [Zakim]
+Sorcha_Moore; got it
22:17:39 [Sorcha]
thank you, Michael!
22:18:07 [Gregg]
q?
22:18:21 [David]
resolution: split 1329 into 2 issues, close 1.3.6 issue, break out issue on 1.3.1 and leave it open ,
22:18:52 [David]
topic: 964
22:19:05 [David]
Resolution: leave 964 open
22:19:30 [David]
Topic: 695
22:24:17 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
22:29:15 [Gez]
q+
22:30:02 [Gez]
q-
22:35:45 [Gregg]
ack c
22:36:13 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
22:38:40 [ben]
zakim, mute Bruce
22:38:40 [Zakim]
Bruce_Bailey should now be muted
22:41:35 [Zakim]
-LucaMascaro
22:46:51 [Loretta]
\me coming right up
22:47:07 [Loretta]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/wai-xtech/2006Aug/0003
22:50:38 [David]
resolution: accept issue 695 as proposed removing the recommedation for the use of quotations marks.
22:55:06 [David]
resolution: close 698 with a message pointing out that there is already a failure for this situation.
22:58:19 [David]
Resolution: Accept proposed Font Scaling resolution from f2f
23:01:38 [Michael_Cooper]
q+ to reopen informative sections of doc discussion
23:01:47 [David]
Resolution: Accept font scaling language: if we can find proper wording, there should be at least one SC dealing with font scaling
23:01:49 [David]
If we can find proper wording, there should be a SC at least at Level 3 that deals with scaling and reflow (font and other?)
23:01:50 [David]
If we can find proper wording, there should be a SC at least at Level 3 that deals with scaling and reflow (font and other?)
23:02:45 [Gregg]
ack m
23:02:45 [Zakim]
Michael_Cooper, you wanted to reopen informative sections of doc discussion
23:02:53 [Gregg]
ack c
23:03:18 [Loretta]
q+
23:03:25 [Gregg]
ack l
23:06:00 [Gregg]
ack c
23:07:15 [becka11y]
becka11y has left #wai-wcag
23:09:27 [Sorcha]
Sorcha has left #wai-wcag
23:09:32 [Ryladog]
Ryladog has joined #wai-wcag
23:09:34 [Zakim]
-Sorcha_Moore
23:09:52 [Zakim]
-Becky_Gibson
23:11:37 [David]
Resolution: If it's a SC it must be testable.
23:11:49 [ben]
zakim, who's muted?
23:11:49 [Zakim]
I see Sofia_Celic, Bruce_Bailey muted
23:12:06 [ben]
zakim, unmute Bruce
23:12:06 [Zakim]
Bruce_Bailey should no longer be muted
23:13:42 [David]
Resolution: Accept f2f "Everything at L1 or L2 can be applied to all web content."
23:14:47 [David]
Action: Gregg to explore recasting photosensitive issue into angle of view.
23:15:26 [David]
Resolution:acept f2f "SC 1.3.4 should be folded into SC 1.3.1, with text descriptions provided as a fallback technique when a technology does not provide a mechanism to describe a relationship."
23:17:27 [David]
Resolution: Proceed with developing a hybrid approach to the the "baseline" concept that includes rules for using technologies and sufficient techniques for conformance.
23:17:40 [David]
s/the the/the
23:18:36 [David]
ccept F@F Proposed consensus on Guideline 4.2 issues:
23:18:37 [David]
Move handling of alternate versions from 4.2.1 and 4.2.3 to conformance (there is a logic flaw by keeping 4.2.1 and 4.2.3 in as success criteria; content that is suppose to pass 4.2.1 and 4.2.3 would fail all or some of the other success criteria)
23:18:39 [David]
keep 4.2.2 and 4.2.4 as success criteria
23:19:07 [David]
Resolution: Accept F@F Proposed consensus on Guideline 4.2 issues:
23:19:08 [David]
Move handling of alternate versions from 4.2.1 and 4.2.3 to conformance (there is a logic flaw by keeping 4.2.1 and 4.2.3 in as success criteria; content that is suppose to pass 4.2.1 and 4.2.3 would fail all or some of the other success criteria)
23:19:10 [David]
keep 4.2.2 and 4.2.4 as success criteria
23:19:34 [David]
s/F@F/F2F
23:20:42 [David]
Resolution:Accept F2F
23:20:43 [David]
Proposed consensus on Level AAA issues:
23:20:45 [David]
AAA conformance means all applicable level 3 success criteria are met
23:20:46 [David]
Those making conformance claims can report progress towards higher level if they specify particular success criteria they have met.
23:20:48 [David]
No A+ or AA+ claim languages, only A or AA etc.
23:21:37 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
23:21:39 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
23:21:40 [Zakim]
-Ben_and_Gregg
23:21:41 [Zakim]
-Gez_Lemon
23:21:41 [Zakim]
-Cooper
23:21:42 [Zakim]
-Makoto_Ueki
23:21:44 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
23:21:45 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
23:21:47 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
23:21:48 [Zakim]
-John_Slatin
23:21:49 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
23:21:50 [Zakim]
-Sean_Hayes
23:21:52 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
23:21:54 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
23:21:56 [Zakim]
Attendees were Judy, LucaMascaro, David_MacDonald, Sofia_Celic, Cooper, Makoto_Ueki, Tim_Boland, Ben_and_Gregg, Bengt_Farre, Bruce_Bailey, Cynthia_Shelly, Becky_Gibson,
23:21:59 [Zakim]
... Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Sorcha_Moore, Roberto_Ellero, Gez_Lemon, Katie_Haritos-Shea, +1.713.790.aaaa, John_Slatin, Sean_Hayes, [IPcaller]
23:22:06 [sean]
sean has left #wai-wcag
23:22:42 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
23:35:57 [ben]
Present: Judy_Brewer, Luca_Mascaro, David_MacDonald, Sofia_Celic, Michael_Cooper, Cynthia_Shelly, Makoto_Ueki, Ben_Caldwell, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Bengt_Farre, Tim_Boland, Bruce_Bailey, Becky_Gibson, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Sorcha_Moore, Gez_Lemon, Roberto_Ellero, John_Slatin, Sean_Hayes
23:36:12 [ben]
Michael? are you generating minutes or am I?
23:36:46 [Michael_Cooper]
was gonna ask - I can, thought it'll be later
23:37:04 [Michael_Cooper]
s/thought/though
23:37:11 [Michael_Cooper]
ok
23:58:07 [ben]
ben has left #wai-wcag