IRC log of tagmem on 2006-10-31

Timestamps are in UTC.

17:58:01 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tagmem
17:58:01 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/10/31-tagmem-irc
17:58:38 [Norm]
zakim, this is tag
17:58:38 [Zakim]
ok, Norm; that matches TAG_Weekly()12:30PM
17:58:52 [raman]
raman has joined #tagmem
17:58:58 [timbl]
timbl has joined #tagmem
17:59:01 [raman]
zakim, who is here?
17:59:01 [Zakim]
On the phone I see TimBL, Raman
17:59:03 [Zakim]
On IRC I see timbl, raman, RRSAgent, Zakim, Norm, Noah, DanC, ht
17:59:16 [ht]
Ah, TV -- do you want RRSAgent set up for logging, or will you log to an emacs buffer?
17:59:18 [Zakim]
+Ed_Rice
17:59:20 [Zakim]
+Norm
17:59:54 [Vincent]
Vincent has joined #tagmem
18:00:09 [Zakim]
+Ht
18:01:29 [Zakim]
+Vincent
18:01:54 [EdR]
EdR has joined #tagmem
18:01:58 [Vincent]
zakim, who is here?
18:01:59 [Zakim]
On the phone I see TimBL, Raman, Ed_Rice, Norm, Ht, Vincent
18:02:00 [Zakim]
On IRC I see EdR, Vincent, timbl, raman, RRSAgent, Zakim, Norm, Noah, DanC, ht
18:02:31 [Zakim]
+DanC
18:04:16 [raman]
Scribe: TVR
18:04:24 [raman]
Waiting for Dave
18:04:27 [dorchard]
dorchard has joined #tagmem
18:04:30 [raman]
Teleconf Next Week:
18:04:50 [DanC]
regrets 7 Nov from DanC too
18:05:00 [raman]
Regrets: TimBL, DanC
18:05:13 [Zakim]
+DOrchard
18:05:15 [DanC]
(er... the robot will think that's regrets for today. oh well.)
18:05:19 [raman]
Scribe NextWeek: Norm
18:05:21 [dorchard]
regrets 7 Nov from Dave O
18:05:45 [raman]
Zakim, who is here?
18:05:45 [Zakim]
On the phone I see TimBL, Raman, Ed_Rice, Norm, Ht, Vincent, DanC, DOrchard
18:05:46 [DanC]
ack danc
18:05:47 [Zakim]
On IRC I see dorchard, EdR, Vincent, timbl, raman, RRSAgent, Zakim, Norm, Noah, DanC, ht
18:05:49 [Zakim]
DanC, you wanted to request discussion of URIGoodPractice-40 and to request discussion of TagSoupIntegration-54 http://www.w3.org/QA/2006/10/reinventing_html_discuss.html
18:07:02 [DanC]
Topic: genericRessources-53
18:07:08 [DanC]
ScribeNick: DanC
18:07:51 [DanC]
TVR: I reviewed "resource" vs "representation"...
18:08:04 [DanC]
... especially where "specific resource" constrasted with "generic resource"
18:08:27 [DanC]
... and I added a section on discovering specific/generic, and I added something about "alternative"
18:08:27 [Norm]
Norm has joined #tagmem
18:08:41 [DanC]
... and noted extra round trip in some cases
18:09:10 [DanC]
... and noted the open issue about specifying generic resources and such
18:10:03 [DanC]
HT: a quick scan of the changes looks ok
18:10:16 [DanC]
DanC: looks ok as far as I can tell, though I've read it too many times
18:10:20 [DanC]
TimBL: same here
18:10:36 [timbl]
q+
18:10:48 [Vincent]
ack timbl
18:11:17 [timbl]
http://www.w3.org/2006/gen/ont
18:12:22 [DanC]
TimBL: I've done some work on generic/specific ontology
18:13:18 [DanC]
DanC: I see comments from NM 4 Oct
18:13:22 [DanC]
TV: I addressed those.
18:14:26 [DanC]
PROPOSED: to approve http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/alternatives-discovery.html 10/27/06 03:08:07 ...
18:14:39 [DanC]
PROPOSED: to approve http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/alternatives-discovery-20061101.html
18:17:00 [DanC]
so RESOLVED.
18:17:38 [DanC]
TV: I'll tidy up the version dated 1 Nov
18:18:05 [DanC]
DONE ACTION TVR: accepted on 4 Oct 2006: Update Abstract of genericResource draft
18:18:53 [DanC]
HT: the encoding issue isn't in the .html but in the .htaccess. I'll fix.
18:19:40 [DanC]
PROPOSED: to close issue genericRessources-53
18:20:22 [DanC]
DanC: and DI WG is on board?
18:20:50 [DanC]
TV: yes, their comments as of our last discussion were fairly small and I addressed them
18:21:26 [DanC]
RESOLVED: to close issue genericResources-53
18:21:43 [DanC]
ScribeNick: raman
18:24:48 [DanC]
Well Designed URLs are Beautiful!
18:24:48 [DanC]
August 20, 2005 in Mike Schinkel's Miscellaneous Ramblings
18:24:48 [DanC]
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blog/welldesignedurlsarebeautiful.aspx
18:25:10 [DanC]
bio http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blog/ALittleBackgroundIsInOrder.aspx
18:30:51 [DanC]
He cites 22 sources; not including /TR/webarch but including http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/uri-choose
18:39:12 [DanC]
(in the DAWG issues list, I have a link from each issue to a mail archive search for messages with that issue name in the subject)
18:43:24 [raman]
Topic: Tag Soup Integration 54
18:43:41 [DanC]
http://www.w3.org/QA/2006/10/reinventing_html_discuss.html
18:43:48 [DanC]
http://dig.csail.mit.edu/breadcrumbs/node/166
18:56:11 [timbl]
You <ins>should<del>NOT</ins>refrain from<del> putting your fingers in the machine.
18:56:26 [timbl]
You <ins>should<del>NOT</ins>refrain from</del> putting your fingers in the machine.
18:59:21 [Zakim]
-Norm
19:03:24 [raman]
?For the record, we're comfortable with HST initial description of the issue
19:10:05 [raman]
Topic: Status Of Actions
19:10:17 [raman]
VQ: password in the clear 52.
19:10:25 [raman]
Ed has action to publish new document
19:11:03 [raman]
Ed to publish next document before teleconf
19:11:12 [raman]
VQ: URN Registry: 50
19:11:17 [raman]
HST Nothing to report
19:12:06 [raman]
VQ: XML 1.1
19:16:45 [raman]
drop action on Chris
19:17:20 [Zakim]
-Ed_Rice
19:17:21 [Zakim]
-DanC
19:17:22 [Zakim]
-DOrchard
19:17:33 [Zakim]
-Ht
19:17:45 [Zakim]
-TimBL
19:18:18 [raman]
RRSAgent, Make Minutes
19:18:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/31-tagmem-minutes.html raman
19:18:39 [Zakim]
-Vincent
19:18:41 [Zakim]
-Raman
19:18:43 [Zakim]
TAG_Weekly()12:30PM has ended
19:18:44 [Zakim]
Attendees were TimBL, Raman, Ed_Rice, Norm, Ht, Vincent, DanC, DOrchard
19:19:59 [Vincent]
RRSAgent, make minutes public
19:19:59 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make minutes public', Vincent. Try /msg RRSAgent help
19:21:25 [DanC]
RRSAgent, make logs public
19:21:30 [DanC]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
19:21:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/31-tagmem-minutes.html DanC
19:33:16 [timbl]
timbl has joined #tagmem
19:47:10 [Noah]
Noah has joined #tagmem
20:27:07 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tagmem
20:29:23 [Norm]
Norm has joined #tagmem
20:37:23 [Norm]
Norm has joined #tagmem
21:43:34 [dorchard]
dorchard has joined #tagmem
22:12:17 [Noah]
Noah has joined #tagmem
23:52:36 [Noah]
Noah has joined #tagmem
23:55:30 [timbl]
timbl has joined #tagmem