IRC log of er on 2006-10-25

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:55:00 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
13:55:00 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/10/25-er-irc
13:55:06 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
13:55:17 [shadi]
zakim, this will be ER
13:55:17 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; I see WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 5 minutes
13:55:24 [shadi]
meeting: ERT WG
13:55:28 [shadi]
chair: Shadi
13:55:54 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2006Oct/0060.html
13:56:08 [shadi]
agenda+ FileContent class or not?
13:56:19 [shadi]
agenda+ sequences in the HTTP vocabulary
13:56:30 [shadi]
agenda+ sequences in the HTTP vocabulary
13:56:40 [shadi]
agenda+ additional validity level values
13:56:50 [shadi]
agenda+ addressing security/privacy in EARL
14:00:45 [ChrisR]
ChrisR has joined #er
14:01:15 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM has now started
14:01:18 [CarlosV]
CarlosV has joined #er
14:01:19 [Zakim]
+Shadi
14:01:55 [CarlosI]
CarlosI has joined #er
14:02:13 [Zakim]
+CarlosV
14:03:05 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:03:15 [Zakim]
+CarlosI
14:03:23 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is really Chris
14:03:23 [Zakim]
+Chris; got it
14:03:26 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:03:40 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is really Shane
14:03:40 [Zakim]
+Shane; got it
14:03:50 [shane]
shane has joined #er
14:04:33 [shadi]
regrets: Johannes
14:04:39 [shadi]
scribe: Shane
14:05:27 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
14:05:27 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "FileContent class or not?" taken up [from shadi]
14:05:49 [Daniela]
Daniela has joined #er
14:06:20 [shane]
saz: filecontent class and security have been hot topics lately. They are separate issues.
14:06:53 [shane]
saz: where does everyone stand on the fileConent class?
14:08:45 [shane]
carlosI: fileContent class could be useful. It is similar to webContent class but different.
14:09:25 [shane]
carlosI: There are issues with the file protocol
14:10:15 [shane]
saz: where the file protocol is applicable rdf can be used
14:10:20 [Zakim]
+Daniela
14:10:33 [shane]
saz: the problem still stands where the resource is not a url
14:10:35 [Zakim]
-Daniela
14:11:30 [JibberJim]
JibberJim has joined #er
14:11:47 [shadi]
s/rdf can be used/rdf:about can be used
14:11:58 [shane]
saz: local files are not universally available but for EARL they need to universally identifyable
14:12:28 [Zakim]
+Daniela
14:12:46 [shane]
cv: use of reletive uri's is an option
14:13:16 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/2006/10/18-er-minutes
14:13:55 [Daniela]
sorry for being late - have problems with my headset (it produced the echo some minutes ago)
14:13:56 [shane]
saz: for the webContent class uri:uri is being dropped
14:14:16 [shane]
saz: use rdf:about in place of uri:uri
14:14:25 [shane]
cv: concerned that makes it worse
14:14:55 [shane]
cv: eliminating uri:uri eliminates identification of the resource
14:15:55 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:16:40 [JibberJim]
Zakim, IPcaller is really Jim
14:16:40 [Zakim]
+Jim; got it
14:16:47 [shane]
saz: summary of issue - any web content has a uri so we use rdf:about for the uri
14:17:41 [shane]
saz: the problem is when a different identifier is needed
14:18:48 [shane]
saz: local IP address would be in the rdf:about
14:19:13 [shane]
cv: the problem is rdf:about is then not unique
14:20:54 [shane]
ACTION: cv will expand this discussion to the mailing list
14:21:51 [shane]
saz: file content on a local drive may not have a unque name
14:22:16 [shane]
cv: we need to avoid properties that are the same
14:23:13 [shane]
saz: earl:filename was to compliment the rdf:about or rdf:id
14:23:39 [shane]
cv: sees no difference between using the uri or filename
14:23:55 [shane]
ci: sees no difference also
14:26:23 [shane]
saz: earlier it was proposed that filename would be a subproperty of uri:uri
14:26:35 [shane]
ci: that still doesn't solve the main problem
14:27:43 [shane]
saz: Is there any reason not to have filename as a file protocol
14:28:29 [shane]
ci: wonders if we want filename property
14:29:36 [shane]
saz: question to revisit - what to do when there is a local identifier that may not be unique when published to the world
14:32:54 [shane]
saz: Do we really need the filename property? What is the use case?
14:36:29 [shane]
cv: the file protocol is the uri
14:36:56 [shane]
ci: still does not work between different organizations
14:39:10 [shane]
saz: The problem is making something on a personal hard disk unique when published to the world
14:39:54 [shane]
saz: filename would provide additional information
14:40:29 [shane]
ci: wonders how filename will look like
14:41:27 [shadi]
<uri:uri>file://file.html</uri:uri>
14:43:07 [shane]
saz: filename would not necissarily be unique
14:43:20 [shane]
saz: uniqueness would come from the id of the class
14:47:26 [shane]
ci: how do we distiguish two earl reports when file paths are the same but the files are different
14:48:23 [shane]
saz: wonders if confusion would really happen in practice
14:48:24 [shadi]
<earl:FileContent rdf:ID="myIndex">
14:48:41 [shadi]
<uri:uri>file://file.html</uri:uri>
14:48:48 [shadi]
<earl:FileContent rdf:ID="yourIndex">
14:48:49 [shadi]
<uri:uri>file://file.html</uri:uri>
14:50:47 [shane]
saz: clarifies that the identifier is the id not the filename
14:52:57 [shane]
saz: is there any objection to a fileContent class?
14:53:41 [shane]
saz: the silence must mean that there are no objections
14:54:50 [shane]
RESOLUTION: Adopt a fileContent class
14:55:20 [shane]
ACTION: Shadi will send out a proposal of the fileContent class
14:56:07 [ChrisR]
ChrisR has left #er
14:56:16 [Zakim]
-Chris
14:57:25 [Zakim]
-Jim
14:58:50 [Zakim]
-Daniela
14:58:53 [Zakim]
-Shadi
14:58:55 [Zakim]
-CarlosV
14:59:01 [Zakim]
-Shane
14:59:19 [Zakim]
-CarlosI
14:59:21 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM has ended
14:59:23 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shadi, CarlosV, CarlosI, Chris, Shane, Daniela, Jim
14:59:54 [JibberJim]
JibberJim has joined #er
15:05:20 [shadi]
zakim, bye
15:05:28 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #er
15:05:35 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
15:16:57 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:16:57 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/25-er-minutes.html shadi
15:17:00 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
15:17:03 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
15:17:03 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/25-er-actions.rdf :
15:17:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: cv will expand this discussion to the mailing list [1]
15:17:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/25-er-irc#T14-20-54
15:17:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Shadi will send out a proposal of the fileContent class [2]
15:17:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/25-er-irc#T14-55-20