IRC log of tsdtf on 2006-10-24

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:28:57 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tsdtf
12:28:57 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/10/24-tsdtf-irc
12:29:03 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #tsdtf
12:29:12 [shadi]
zakim, this will be TSD
12:29:12 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; I see WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM scheduled to start in 1 minute
12:29:17 [shadi]
meeting: TSD TF
12:29:27 [shadi]
chair: CarlosV, Christophe
12:30:29 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has now started
12:30:36 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
12:30:53 [CarlosI]
CarlosI has joined #tsdtf
12:31:03 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
12:31:05 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
12:31:07 [Zakim]
+Shadi
12:31:10 [Daniela]
Daniela has joined #tsdtf
12:31:22 [shadi]
zakim, drop shadi
12:31:22 [Zakim]
Shadi is being disconnected
12:31:24 [Zakim]
-Shadi
12:31:52 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
12:31:56 [shane]
shane has joined #tsdtf
12:31:59 [Zakim]
+Daniela
12:32:46 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
12:32:56 [Zakim]
+Shadi
12:33:08 [Tim]
Tim has joined #tsdtf
12:33:17 [CarlosV]
CarlosV has joined #tsdtf
12:33:22 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.a]
12:33:48 [Zakim]
-Shadi
12:33:52 [Zakim]
+[CTIC]
12:34:14 [Zakim]
+Thomas
12:34:31 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2006Oct/0042.html
12:34:47 [CarlosV]
zakim, Thomas is really CarlosV
12:34:48 [Zakim]
+CarlosV; got it
12:35:06 [Zakim]
+Shadi
12:36:06 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is really Chris
12:36:06 [Zakim]
+Chris; got it
12:36:13 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller.a is really Shane
12:36:13 [Zakim]
+Shane; got it
12:36:30 [shadi]
zakim, ctic is really CarlosI
12:36:30 [Zakim]
+CarlosI; got it
12:36:34 [ChrisR]
ChrisR has joined #tsdtf
12:37:08 [shadi]
agenda+ TCDL usage document review
12:37:21 [shadi]
agenda+ First review of tests
12:37:36 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
12:37:36 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "TCDL usage document review" taken up [from shadi]
12:38:08 [shadi]
agena+ CVS issues
12:38:13 [shadi]
agenda+ CVS issues
12:38:16 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 3
12:38:16 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "CVS issues" taken up [from shadi]
12:39:27 [Tim]
SAZ: problems with CVS account - if you want to use CVS frontend
12:39:42 [Tim]
need to use SSH tunnel if you want to communicate
12:39:59 [Tim]
CV: why do you need public SSH key?
12:40:33 [Tim]
SAZ: what is issue with public SSH key? Helps with identification?
12:40:59 [Tim]
CV: policy conflicts - hassle
12:41:33 [Tim]
SAZ: we use SSH for accesing our servers - more secure
12:42:13 [Tim]
SAZ: ask for other possibilities
12:42:34 [Tim]
Daniela: also may be difficult for me
12:42:57 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2006Oct/0049.html
12:43:33 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2006Oct/0050.html
12:43:40 [Tim]
SAZ: need key from computer from which you will access server
12:44:44 [Tim]
SAZ: put info about common clients documentation (Windows)
12:45:38 [Tim]
SAZ: who has issues with this? Has anybody use CVS/SSH tunnel before?
12:46:04 [Tim]
CR: Has done before, and worked fine (for test suite W3C site)..
12:46:11 [Tim]
Once set up, worked OK
12:46:26 [Tim]
SAZ: Lot of documentation on google
12:47:46 [Tim]
SAZ: Is CVS new to anybody? Everybody except for Tim seems experienced
12:47:56 [Tim]
Only new thing is using SSH tunnel
12:49:07 [Tim]
Daniela: possible issues with generating keys for local machines?
12:49:28 [Tim]
SAZ: puttygen - possible tool for generating keys?
12:49:52 [Tim]
keep private key private, only send public key on any computer
12:50:51 [Tim]
many frameworks available to use SSH - setting up will require research
12:51:04 [Tim]
SAZ: once set up, it should work
12:52:19 [Tim]
ACTION: everybody to generate SSH public key and send to Shadi off-list
12:52:54 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 3
12:52:54 [Zakim]
agendum 3, CVS issues, closed
12:52:55 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
12:52:57 [Zakim]
1. TCDL usage document review [from shadi]
12:52:59 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
12:52:59 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "TCDL usage document review" taken up [from shadi]
12:53:36 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/usingTCDL
12:53:49 [Tim]
CV: discussion on list on this document
12:54:34 [Tim]
SAZ: five-minute break to read document, since it was sent right before call
12:57:31 [Tim]
CV: Who is working on document - coordination?
12:58:00 [Tim]
SAZ: from me, for this round - specific comments?
12:58:38 [Tim]
CV: formatting issue - working group note?
12:59:18 [Tim]
SAZ: What is benefit of listing as working group note?
13:00:04 [Tim]
extensive mechanism to generate - format daunting - current format easier
13:00:16 [Tim]
to read - why do another specification?
13:01:07 [Tim]
CS: no issues with new format, but some issues need to be cleaned up
13:02:02 [Tim]
CS: either form will work - what about people newer to it?
13:02:51 [Tim]
CI: prefer this format, creator and rights hard to read, maybe use
13:03:02 [Tim]
template, maybe link element to relevant part of spec
13:03:31 [Tim]
CR: looks fine to me - fairly easy to read
13:04:21 [Tim]
Daniela: insert also things not used - make explicit that not used in TF
13:04:51 [Tim]
SAZ: this would make document much longer? clarification needed?
13:05:33 [Tim]
form to input metadata (including files) provided, so what is benefit of
13:05:47 [Tim]
listing other elements?
13:06:43 [Tim]
Shane: would just be a list - worth the room to do it? not that helpful?
13:07:12 [Tim]
SAZ: listed up front - not clear enough?
13:08:17 [Tim]
CS: would be sufficient just to say these things aren't used - don't want to
13:08:26 [Tim]
draw too much attention to it
13:08:52 [Tim]
Shane: likes it, easy to read, looks good
13:09:57 [Tim]
maybe also same issue with creator and rights as CI
13:12:06 [Tim]
SAZ: supposed to be suite of four documents - still need to work on naming
13:13:33 [Tim]
Tim: looks good at first glance, will investigate more
13:13:59 [Tim]
SAZ: put in some editorial suggestions - maybe put in date info ?
13:14:07 [Tim]
How is date used in BentoWeb?
13:14:31 [Tim]
CS: inserted manually, once and don't change any more
13:14:58 [Tim]
CS: already have version information, just creation date added
13:15:16 [Tim]
SAZ: change restriction to note - creation date of test sample - have
13:15:23 [Tim]
we agreed on format?
13:15:44 [Tim]
ACTION: SAZ to change description of dc:date
13:16:21 [Tim]
CI: last modified date more interesting than creation date?
13:16:34 [Tim]
CS: always ask CVS for last change
13:17:00 [Tim]
CI: not always possible to see information
13:17:21 [Tim]
SAZ: revision number will change anyway - is it important to know when
13:17:26 [Tim]
last modified?
13:17:56 [Tim]
CI: last modified date is most important to know
13:18:32 [Tim]
SAZ: do we want both dates?
13:19:31 [Tim]
Shane: last modified date more important than creation date
13:19:56 [Tim]
CS: would need to change schema if kept both dates
13:20:46 [Tim]
RESOLUTION: dc:date is to reflect last modified date of the test sample
13:21:22 [Tim]
SAZ: help with generating example metadata file and template?
13:21:41 [Tim]
CS: shouldn't take long to do
13:23:19 [Tim]
ACTION: CS and CV to create and send example metadata file and template
13:23:57 [Tim]
SAZ: have them as XML or HTML?
13:24:16 [Tim]
CS: create as XML anyway..
13:24:54 [Tim]
RESOLUTION: example metadata file and template will be in XML format
13:25:24 [CarlosV]
example file: http://bentoweb.org/refs/sc3.1.1_l1_001.xml (to be modified)
13:26:16 [Tim]
SAZ: TCDL 2.0 will use RDF or not?
13:27:06 [Tim]
CS: talked with Johannes Koch re: HTTP vocabulary in RDF, create XML
13:27:19 [Tim]
schema for those terms used in TCDL, and should work..
13:27:25 [shadi]
s/use RDF or not/use "HTTP Vocabulary in RDF" or not
13:28:13 [Tim]
SAZ: monitor baseline discussion in WCAG WG
13:29:00 [Tim]
CV: required from schema or from task force? may lead to confusion
13:29:34 [Tim]
ACTION: SAZ to clarify that required or optional refers to TF rather than to schema
13:30:57 [Tim]
CS: for EARL pointers in location need to create XML schema and import into TCDL
13:31:37 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
13:31:39 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
13:31:40 [Zakim]
-Chris
13:31:40 [Zakim]
-Shadi
13:31:41 [Zakim]
-Daniela
13:31:43 [ChrisR]
ChrisR has left #tsdtf
13:31:43 [Zakim]
-CarlosI
13:31:45 [Zakim]
-Shane
13:31:52 [Zakim]
-CarlosV
13:31:53 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has ended
13:31:54 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shadi, Christophe_Strobbe, Daniela, Tim_Boland, CarlosV, Chris, Shane, CarlosI
13:31:59 [CarlosI]
quit
13:32:48 [shadi]
zakim, make logs world
13:32:48 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'make logs world', shadi
13:33:00 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
13:33:05 [shadi]
zakim, bye
13:33:05 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tsdtf
13:33:11 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
13:33:11 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/24-tsdtf-minutes.html shadi
13:33:14 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
13:33:19 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
13:33:19 [RRSAgent]
I see 4 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/24-tsdtf-actions.rdf :
13:33:19 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: everybody to generate SSH public key and send to Shadi off-list [1]
13:33:19 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/24-tsdtf-irc#T12-52-19
13:33:19 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SAZ to change description of dc:date [2]
13:33:19 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/24-tsdtf-irc#T13-15-44
13:33:19 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CS and CV to create and send example metadata file and template [3]
13:33:19 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/24-tsdtf-irc#T13-23-19
13:33:19 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SAZ to clarify that required or optional refers to TF rather than to schema [4]
13:33:19 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/24-tsdtf-irc#T13-29-34