IRC log of wai-wcag on 2006-10-19

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:46:39 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:46:40 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/10/19-wai-wcag-irc
19:46:47 [ben_]
RRSAgent, do not start a new log
19:46:52 [ben_]
RRSAgent, make log world
19:47:40 [ben_]
RRSAgent, make log world
19:47:45 [ben_]
zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
19:47:46 [Zakim]
ok, ben_; I see WAI_WCAG()3:00PM scheduled to start 47 minutes ago
19:47:52 [ben_]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Telecon
19:48:14 [ben_]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2006OctDec/0034.html
19:48:24 [ben_]
agenda+ Announcements, updates and questions
19:48:32 [ben_]
agenda+ EDITORZ Survey of Oct 5 (start w/ LC-808)
19:48:40 [ben_]
agenda+ Team C Issues for 12 October 2006
19:48:47 [ben_]
agenda+ Team B Survey for Oct 12 2006
19:48:54 [ben_]
agenda+ Team C Issues for 19 October 2006
19:49:00 [ben_]
agenda+ Team B Survey for 19 Oct 2006
19:49:06 [ben_]
agenda+ Editor's Issues for 19 October
19:49:30 [ben_]
Chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden, Loretta_Guarino_Reid
19:49:37 [ben_]
ScribeOptions: -scribeOnly
19:50:17 [ben_]
Regrets: Christophe_Strobbe, Roberto_Ellero
19:57:00 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
19:57:16 [ben]
ben has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:26 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:10 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
20:00:17 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
20:01:08 [Zakim]
+Cooper
20:01:15 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:27 [Makoto]
Makoto has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:43 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:01:51 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic
20:02:03 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:02:03 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Tim_Boland, Cooper, Bruce_Bailey, Sofia_Celic
20:02:09 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:02:18 [Zakim]
+??P4
20:02:24 [LucaMascaro]
Zakim, [IPcaller is LucaMascaro
20:02:24 [Zakim]
+LucaMascaro; got it
20:02:28 [LucaMascaro]
Zakim, mute me
20:02:28 [Zakim]
LucaMascaro should now be muted
20:02:28 [ben]
zakim, ??P4 is Gregg_and_Ben
20:02:29 [Zakim]
+Gregg_and_Ben; got it
20:02:31 [judy]
judy has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:37 [Zakim]
+Judy
20:02:46 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
20:03:06 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:03:07 [Makoto]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Makoto_Ueki
20:03:07 [Zakim]
+Makoto_Ueki; got it
20:03:19 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:03:20 [becka11y]
becka11y has joined #wai-wcag
20:03:24 [Makoto]
zakim, mute me
20:03:24 [Zakim]
Makoto_Ueki should now be muted
20:03:35 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
20:03:52 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:03:53 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
20:03:56 [Zakim]
+Becky_Gibson
20:04:06 [Zakim]
+??P13
20:04:06 [Andi]
Zakim, IBM is Andi
20:04:07 [Zakim]
+Andi; got it
20:04:10 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.a]
20:04:10 [Sorcha]
Sorcha has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:27 [bengt]
zakim, [IPcaller.a] is Bengt_Farre
20:04:27 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
20:04:50 [Michael]
zakim, IPcaller is Sorcha_Moore
20:04:50 [Zakim]
+Sorcha_Moore; got it
20:04:58 [Sorcha]
zakim, mute me
20:04:58 [Zakim]
Sorcha_Moore should now be muted
20:05:01 [Michael]
zakim, ??P13 is Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:05:01 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea; got it
20:05:14 [Zakim]
-LucaMascaro
20:05:36 [Zakim]
+Don_Evans
20:07:04 [Andi]
scribe: Andi
20:07:22 [Zakim]
+ +44.117.971.aaaa
20:07:50 [Michael]
zakim, +44 is Sean_Hayes
20:07:50 [Zakim]
+Sean_Hayes; got it
20:08:58 [Michael]
zakim, take up item 1
20:08:58 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Announcements, updates and questions" taken up [from ben_]
20:09:52 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:10:52 [Andi]
Gregg summarizes from last week
20:10:53 [Sorcha]
brb
20:11:23 [Andi]
No decision on web page vs. web unit
20:11:41 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:11:44 [LucaMascaro]
Zakim, [IPcaller is LucaMascaro
20:11:44 [Zakim]
+LucaMascaro; got it
20:11:47 [LucaMascaro]
Zakim, mute me
20:11:47 [Zakim]
LucaMascaro should now be muted
20:13:11 [don]
don has joined #wai-wcag
20:13:34 [Andi]
resolution: LC-818, LC-937, LC-639, LC-655, LC-1508 by unanimous consent
20:14:24 [ben]
agenda?
20:14:33 [ben]
zakim, close agendum 1
20:14:33 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Announcements, updates and questions, closed
20:14:34 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
20:14:36 [Zakim]
2. EDITORZ Survey of Oct 5 (start w/ LC-808) [from ben_]
20:15:10 [ben]
zakim, close item 2
20:15:10 [Zakim]
agendum 2, EDITORZ Survey of Oct 5 (start w/ LC-808), closed
20:15:11 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
20:15:12 [Zakim]
3. Team C Issues for 12 October 2006 [from ben_]
20:15:16 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 3
20:15:16 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Team C Issues for 12 October 2006" taken up [from ben_]
20:16:46 [Andi]
Resolution: Accept failure technique "Failure due to providing long description for non-text content that does not serve the same purpose or does not present the same information"
20:18:17 [Andi]
topic: LC-1073
20:18:24 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-1073 as proposed
20:18:59 [Andi]
topic: Using Accessible Rich Internet Application described by property to provide a descriptive, programmatically determined label
20:20:46 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
20:20:48 [Andi]
resolution: accept "Using Accessible Rich Internet Application described by property to provide a descriptive, programmatically determined label" with edits
20:21:20 [sean]
sean has joined #wai-wcag
20:21:24 [Andi]
topic: LC-937
20:21:33 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-937 as proposed
20:21:48 [David]
David has joined #wai-wcag
20:21:50 [Andi]
topic: LC-717
20:23:02 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:24:29 [David]
zakim, mute me
20:24:29 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should now be muted
20:24:37 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
20:24:41 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-717 with edits
20:25:11 [Andi]
topic: LC-780 and LC-797
20:26:03 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:26:34 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
20:29:25 [Zakim]
-LucaMascaro
20:32:42 [LucaMascaro]
LucaMascaro has joined #wai-WCAG
20:34:57 [Michael]
ack c
20:36:25 [judy]
zakim, mute judy
20:36:25 [Zakim]
Judy should now be muted
20:36:28 [David]
zakim, unmute me
20:36:28 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should no longer be muted
20:36:35 [David]
q+
20:37:53 [Andi]
refer LC-780 and LC-797 back to Team C
20:39:07 [Andi]
topic: LC-798
20:42:35 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-798 with edits
20:45:19 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:45:36 [Michael]
q- David
20:45:38 [Michael]
ack C
20:45:49 [Andi]
topic: LC-858
20:46:09 [becka11y]
q+
20:47:31 [David]
zakim, mute me
20:47:31 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should now be muted
20:48:34 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:48:43 [sean]
q+
20:49:12 [rscano]
rscano has left #wai-wcag
20:50:06 [ben]
ack beck
20:50:10 [ben]
ack sean
20:50:17 [Loretta]
q+
20:52:07 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-858 with edits
20:57:00 [Zakim]
-Don_Evans
20:58:14 [Andi]
action: Editorz to revisit definition of "non-text content". Shouldn't be meant to address interactive elements.
20:59:24 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:59:32 [Andi]
action: Loretta to submit an issue wrt modifying SC 1.1.1 and the HTM SC 1.1.1 - should not address interactive elements
21:00:54 [ben]
zakim, close this item
21:00:54 [Zakim]
agendum 3 closed
21:00:55 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
21:00:56 [Zakim]
4. Team B Survey for Oct 12 2006 [from ben_]
21:00:57 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 4
21:00:57 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Team B Survey for Oct 12 2006" taken up [from ben_]
21:04:53 [Andi]
topic: LC-557 and LC-1108
21:05:22 [David]
zakim, unmute me
21:05:22 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should no longer be muted
21:06:29 [Gregg]
q?
21:06:31 [Gregg]
ack l
21:07:52 [LucaMascaro_]
LucaMascaro_ has joined #wai-WCAG
21:07:52 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:14:38 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-557 and LC-1108 as amended
21:15:12 [Andi]
action: David to develop a common failure for including safety critical information in the title attribute of a link
21:18:55 [Andi]
topic: LC-563
21:21:11 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-563 as amended
21:21:46 [Andi]
topic: LC-913 and LC-1260
21:23:28 [Michael]
q+ to say the accessibility problem is if you _do_ knwo the language
21:24:41 [Michael]
ackm
21:24:41 [Andi]
q+
21:24:50 [Loretta]
ack m
21:24:51 [Zakim]
Michael, you wanted to say the accessibility problem is if you _do_ knwo the language
21:25:01 [Loretta]
q+
21:25:56 [Gregg]
ack a
21:25:58 [Gregg]
ack l
21:26:48 [judy]
q?
21:28:46 [ben]
regrets+ Sorcha Moore
21:29:26 [Andi]
q+
21:30:35 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
21:31:14 [ben]
q+ to say that we already have an advisory technique about marking individual words
21:31:17 [ben]
ack andi
21:31:43 [ben]
ack ben
21:31:43 [Zakim]
ben, you wanted to say that we already have an advisory technique about marking individual words
21:32:24 [Zakim]
-Judy
21:32:29 [judy]
judy has left #wai-wcag
21:37:32 [Sorcha]
*Sorcha must exit call now. Will see everyone next week at F2F
21:37:37 [Sorcha]
Sorcha has left #wai-wcag
21:37:44 [Zakim]
-Sorcha_Moore
21:40:55 [becka11y]
scribe: becka11y
21:44:06 [Zakim]
-Andi
21:45:10 [sean]
q+ is nom de plume a single word?
21:48:00 [becka11y]
Resolution: return Issues 913 and 1260 to team B
21:48:10 [becka11y]
Topic: Issue 969
21:48:46 [becka11y]
Resolution: Accept issue 969 with edits suggested in the survey.
21:49:38 [becka11y]
zakim, close this item
21:49:38 [Zakim]
agendum 4 closed
21:49:39 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
21:49:40 [Zakim]
5. Team C Issues for 19 October 2006 [from ben_]
21:50:36 [ben]
zakim, close this item
21:50:36 [Zakim]
I do not know what agendum had been taken up, ben
21:50:42 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 6
21:50:42 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Team B Survey for 19 Oct 2006" taken up [from ben_]
21:51:09 [becka11y]
Topic: Issue 1437
21:51:22 [becka11y]
Resolution: return 1437 back to team B
21:51:34 [becka11y]
zakim, close this item
21:51:34 [Zakim]
agendum 6 closed
21:51:35 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
21:51:36 [Zakim]
5. Team C Issues for 19 October 2006 [from ben_]
21:51:50 [becka11y]
zakim, take up agendum 5
21:51:50 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Team C Issues for 19 October 2006" taken up [from ben_]
21:53:29 [becka11y]
Topic: Issue 1121
22:00:49 [becka11y]
Resolution: Close issue 1121 as ammended (changing wording to use "reversed rather than cancelled"
22:01:11 [becka11y]
Topic: Issue 1122
22:06:58 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea.a
22:07:11 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
22:08:45 [sean]
q+
22:10:51 [sean]
q-
22:12:13 [becka11y]
Resolution: send issue 1122 to team c. Remove the ticket purchase example. Consider: The only way to make the deletion of information reversible is to never perform the actual removal from the storage device.
22:12:56 [becka11y]
Topic: issue 1123
22:13:09 [becka11y]
Resolution: accept 1123 with clarification from survey
22:13:17 [ben]
ben has left #wai-wcag
22:14:08 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
22:14:37 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
22:15:13 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
22:15:14 [becka11y]
becka11y has left #wai-wcag
22:15:15 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
22:15:18 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea.a
22:15:19 [Zakim]
-Makoto_Ueki
22:15:20 [Zakim]
-Cooper
22:15:21 [Zakim]
-Gregg_and_Ben
22:15:23 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
22:15:24 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
22:15:25 [Zakim]
-Becky_Gibson
22:15:27 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
22:15:28 [Zakim]
-Sean_Hayes
22:15:29 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:15:30 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
22:15:31 [Zakim]
Attendees were Tim_Boland, Cooper, Bruce_Bailey, Sofia_Celic, LucaMascaro, Gregg_and_Ben, Judy, Makoto_Ueki, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Alex_Li, Becky_Gibson, Andi, Bengt_Farre,
22:15:35 [Zakim]
... Sorcha_Moore, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Don_Evans, +44.117.971.aaaa, Sean_Hayes, [IPcaller], Cynthia_Shelly?, Cynthia_Shelly, David_MacDonald
22:16:26 [sean]
sean has left #wai-wcag
22:25:08 [Michael]
present: Tim_Boland, Michael_Cooper, Bruce_Bailey, Sofia_Celic, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Ben_Caldwell, Judy_Brewer, Makoto_Ueki, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Alex_Li, Sorcha_Moore, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Becky_Gibson, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Bengt_Farre, Don_Evans, Sean_Hayes, Cynthia_Shelly, LucaMascaro, David_MacDonald
22:25:14 [Michael]
zakim, bye
22:25:14 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
22:25:19 [Michael]
rrsagent, bye
22:25:19 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/19-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
22:25:19 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Editorz to revisit definition of "non-text content". Shouldn't be meant to address interactive elements. [1]
22:25:19 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/19-wai-wcag-irc#T20-58-14
22:25:19 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Loretta to submit an issue wrt modifying SC 1.1.1 and the HTM SC 1.1.1 - should not address interactive elements [2]
22:25:19 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/19-wai-wcag-irc#T20-59-32
22:25:19 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: David to develop a common failure for including safety critical information in the title attribute of a link [3]
22:25:19 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/19-wai-wcag-irc#T21-15-12