IRC log of tsdtf on 2006-10-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:21:06 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tsdtf
12:21:06 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/10/17-tsdtf-irc
12:21:21 [shadi]
zakim, this will be TSD
12:21:21 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; I see WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM scheduled to start in 9 minutes
12:21:30 [shadi]
meeting: TSD TF
12:21:37 [shane]
hi shadi
12:21:40 [shadi]
chair: CarlosV, Christophe
12:21:48 [shane]
I have been playing around here
12:22:04 [shane]
since I am scribe today
12:22:11 [shadi]
i see you got zakim on board
12:22:17 [shane]
yep
12:22:20 [shadi]
thanks in advance for scribing!
12:22:25 [shadi]
scribe: Shane
12:22:26 [shane]
but that is about it
12:22:39 [shane]
np
12:23:00 [shadi]
did you see these scribing directions: http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/scribes#scribing ?
12:23:13 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #tsdtf
12:23:21 [Vangelis]
Vangelis has joined #tsdtf
12:23:38 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2006Oct/0012.html
12:23:52 [shadi]
agenda+ Quick final overview on TCDL 2.0
12:24:09 [shadi]
agenda+ Progress on document for TCDL 2.0 use within the TF
12:24:20 [shadi]
agenda+ First samples on SC 2.5.1.
12:25:18 [shane]
I didn't see those notes
12:25:20 [shane]
thanks
12:25:32 [shadi]
zakim, code?
12:25:32 [Zakim]
the conference code is 8783 (tel:+1.617.761.6200), shadi
12:28:22 [Daniela]
Daniela has joined #tsdtf
12:30:06 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has now started
12:30:13 [Zakim]
+Daniela
12:30:31 [Zakim]
+Shadi
12:30:34 [ChrisR]
ChrisR has joined #tsdtf
12:31:09 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
12:31:28 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.a]
12:31:29 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is really Chris
12:31:29 [Zakim]
+Chris; got it
12:31:41 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is really Shane
12:31:41 [Zakim]
sorry, shadi, I do not recognize a party named 'ipcaller'
12:31:43 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
12:31:46 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller.a is really Shane
12:31:46 [Zakim]
+Shane; got it
12:32:04 [CarlosI]
CarlosI has joined #tsdtf
12:32:07 [Zakim]
+Vangelis_Karkaletsis
12:33:03 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
12:33:03 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Daniela, Shadi, Chris, Shane, Christophe_Strobbe, Vangelis_Karkaletsis
12:33:14 [Zakim]
+??P8
12:33:38 [shadi]
zakim, ??p8 is really CarlosI
12:33:38 [Zakim]
+CarlosI; got it
12:34:52 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
12:34:52 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Quick final overview on TCDL 2.0" taken up [from shadi]
12:36:15 [shane]
cs: will needs to clean up some minor details with TCDL 2
12:36:47 [shane]
saz: everyone will need to review documents that are online
12:37:30 [shane]
saz: need one week formal review before the docs go to review by other WG
12:40:21 [shane]
sa: what is the main goal with TCDL
12:41:18 [shane]
saz: TCDL provides metadata for the test samples for WCAG2
12:43:37 [shane]
cs: TCDL files will demonstrate success and failure of a WCAG 2.0 technique
12:43:52 [Zakim]
+Cooper
12:44:00 [Michael]
Michael has joined #tsdtf
12:44:12 [shane]
saz: TCDL is the metadata format for doining this
12:44:23 [Christophe]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/usingTCDL
12:45:09 [shane]
saz: since shane has missed a few calls, he can take a fresh look at using TCDL document
12:49:54 [shane]
sa: how do we demonstrate examples such as explicit vs implicit form label association
12:50:58 [shane]
sa: to what level of detail do we describe the test
12:51:12 [shane]
saz: if it is an error we point to the error
12:51:17 [CarlosV]
CarlosV has joined #tsdtf
12:52:14 [Zakim]
+??P9
12:52:43 [shadi]
zakim, ??p9 is really CarlosV
12:52:43 [Zakim]
+CarlosV; got it
12:53:25 [shane]
saz: TCDL links specific tests to WCAG 2.0 technique
12:53:52 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 1
12:53:52 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Quick final overview on TCDL 2.0, closed
12:53:54 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
12:53:55 [Zakim]
2. Progress on document for TCDL 2.0 use within the TF [from shadi]
12:53:59 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 2
12:53:59 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Progress on document for TCDL 2.0 use within the TF" taken up [from shadi]
12:54:25 [shane]
cv: there was no reaction to the TCDL 2 document
12:54:29 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/usingTCDL
12:55:56 [shane]
cs: we decided to require link to WCAG2 technique
12:56:08 [shane]
cs: that is not in the usage document yet
12:57:32 [shane]
RESOLUTION: each test sample developed by TF must be linked to a WCAG 2.0 technique or failure
12:58:28 [shane]
saz: will be compiling a few editorial issue on document and will be sending them to the list
12:59:19 [shane]
cv: do we need to look at the introduction
13:00:24 [shane]
ci: I have no problem with the introduction
13:00:38 [shane]
saz: worried that it is not friendly to new visitors
13:01:25 [shane]
ci: small paragraph describing each element would be good
13:01:48 [shane]
ci: also provide a template with each element
13:02:20 [shane]
saz: templates and examples are good and clear but we should not describe element
13:02:34 [shane]
saz: this will keep size of document smaller
13:03:12 [shane]
ci: a small description would be helpful
13:03:32 [shane]
saz: some elements (ie title) don't need a description
13:04:40 [shane]
saz: elements that need extra consideration will have expanded description
13:05:42 [shane]
ci: global TCDL should be global structure of the metadata
13:05:57 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
13:06:28 [shane]
saz: many headers and subheaders link to specification
13:06:44 [Tim]
Tim has joined #tsdtf
13:06:53 [shane]
saz: would like to see a more descriptive document
13:08:46 [shane]
tb: are there two levels of audience
13:09:12 [shane]
saz: primary audience is the public
13:09:22 [shane]
saz: and how they contribute test samples
13:09:53 [shane]
tb: will there be a way to track test samples to avoid repetition
13:10:06 [shane]
saz: there will be a web view of the samples
13:10:19 [shane]
saz: we will also provide examples and templates
13:11:27 [shane]
cv: the document is still rough but it may be difficult to keep it short
13:12:12 [shane]
saz: overview section listing all the terms
13:12:24 [shane]
saz: each term is linked to specification
13:12:47 [shane]
saz: terms with specific usage get described in more detail
13:13:30 [shane]
cs: there is a section called "terms and definitions"
13:13:48 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/TR/EARL10-Schema/#terms-list
13:14:28 [shane]
saz: a listing similar to that used for earl might be good
13:17:27 [shane]
ACTION: Shadi will work with Christophe in fine tuning the usage document
13:20:09 [shane]
sa: would like to create a sample TCDL file
13:20:23 [shane]
saz: learning by doing is good
13:21:37 [shane]
saz: we need to compare samples to see if we are all thinking the same
13:22:50 [shane]
saz: we can start on level 1 techniques for creating TCDL sample files
13:24:03 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 2
13:24:03 [Zakim]
agendum 2, Progress on document for TCDL 2.0 use within the TF, closed
13:24:04 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
13:24:05 [Zakim]
3. First samples on SC 2.5.1. [from shadi]
13:24:08 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 3
13:24:08 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "First samples on SC 2.5.1." taken up [from shadi]
13:24:14 [shane]
do: adopted a benToWeb file should she use another example as a template
13:26:57 [shane]
saz: samples that are uploaded belong to the group
13:28:08 [shane]
saz: copyright for the uploaded documents belongs to w3c
13:29:09 [Tim]
http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/2005/01/test-faq#legal
13:29:25 [shane]
saz: any work done in the group is a collective work of the group
13:29:30 [Tim]
Test FAQ Question on legal issues link
13:29:50 [shane]
do: what do we expect at the end
13:30:01 [shane]
saz: a repository of test samples
13:31:37 [shane]
cs: will update his samples
13:31:58 [shane]
saz: we need to start using the CVS system
13:33:08 [shane]
ACTION: Christophe will add information about the file heirarchy to the usage document.
13:33:50 [shane]
ACTION: Daniela and Vlachogiannis will upload their test samples to CVS
13:34:16 [shane]
ACTION: Everyone will review tests and send comments to the list
13:34:34 [shane]
ACTION: Shane will also upload a test sample
13:36:01 [Zakim]
-CarlosV
13:36:02 [Zakim]
-Vangelis_Karkaletsis
13:36:03 [Zakim]
-Shadi
13:36:04 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
13:36:05 [ChrisR]
ChrisR has left #tsdtf
13:36:06 [Zakim]
-Daniela
13:36:08 [Zakim]
-Chris
13:36:09 [Zakim]
-Cooper
13:36:11 [Zakim]
-Shane
13:36:13 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
13:36:15 [Zakim]
-CarlosI
13:36:17 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has ended
13:36:19 [Zakim]
Attendees were Daniela, Shadi, Chris, Christophe_Strobbe, Shane, Vangelis_Karkaletsis, CarlosI, Cooper, CarlosV, Tim_Boland
13:37:00 [Vangelis]
Vangelis has left #tsdtf
13:44:54 [shadi]
zakim, bye
13:44:54 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tsdtf
13:45:00 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
13:45:06 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
13:45:06 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/17-tsdtf-minutes.html shadi
13:45:07 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
13:45:11 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
13:45:11 [RRSAgent]
I see 5 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/17-tsdtf-actions.rdf :
13:45:11 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Shadi will work with Christophe in fine tuning the usage document [1]
13:45:11 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/17-tsdtf-irc#T13-17-27
13:45:11 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Christophe will add information about the file heirarchy to the usage document. [2]
13:45:11 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/17-tsdtf-irc#T13-33-08
13:45:11 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Daniela and Vlachogiannis will upload their test samples to CVS [3]
13:45:11 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/17-tsdtf-irc#T13-33-50
13:45:11 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Everyone will review tests and send comments to the list [4]
13:45:11 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/17-tsdtf-irc#T13-34-16
13:45:11 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Shane will also upload a test sample [5]
13:45:11 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/17-tsdtf-irc#T13-34-34