IRC log of eo on 2006-10-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:31:17 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #eo
12:31:17 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/10/13-eo-irc
12:31:24 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #eo
12:31:33 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
12:31:33 [Zakim]
sorry, shadi, I don't know what conference this is
12:31:34 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, LiamMcGee, judy, Andrew, Wayne, shadi
12:31:43 [shadi]
zakim, this is EO
12:31:43 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; that matches WAI_EOWG()8:30AM
12:31:46 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
12:31:46 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Shadi, Judy, Wayne_Dick
12:32:00 [shadi]
meeting: EOWG
12:32:05 [shadi]
chair: Judy
12:32:33 [Zakim]
+Justin
12:32:47 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-eo/2006OctDec/0022.html
12:32:58 [Zakim]
+Liam_McGee
12:34:04 [Zakim]
+Sylvie_Duchateau\Tanguy_Lohéac
12:34:42 [shadi]
scribe: Wayne
12:34:42 [Wayne]
scribe: wayne
12:34:46 [shadi]
scribenick: Wayne
12:34:55 [judy]
zakim, who's here?
12:34:55 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Shadi, Judy, Wayne_Dick, Justin, Liam_McGee, Sylvie_DuchateauTanguy_Lohéac
12:34:57 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, LiamMcGee, judy, Andrew, Wayne, shadi
12:35:58 [Wayne]
Topiic: WAI Flyer
12:37:05 [Wayne]
Judy: The flyer is our main handout; want it to be orderable; something people could print locally.
12:37:21 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Arch
12:40:26 [Wayne]
Topic: WAI Flyer
12:40:29 [Zakim]
+Jack
12:40:58 [Jack]
Jack has joined #eo
12:42:21 [Wayne]
Judy: Currnt goal is to update and correct the document; sponser list changes; print in quantity but do the sponsor list in black overlay
12:43:56 [Wayne]
WAI Activities
12:46:33 [Wayne]
Wayne: ... add standards to guidelines / standares..
12:46:41 [Wayne]
Group: agrees
12:48:06 [Wayne]
action: chang guidelines to guidelines / standards in WAI Activities
12:52:55 [Wayne]
Judy: [The list was reorganized; with rephrasing the closely matches documents.]
12:54:00 [Wayne]
Jack: The Translations entry gives the impression that we opperate a translated
12:54:38 [Wayne]
Shadi: Relay translations
12:54:55 [Wayne]
Jack: Assist or help in translations.
12:56:24 [shadi]
s/Relay translations/we do actively manage and/or host translations. Suggest "relay" or "provide"
12:56:53 [Wayne]
Judy: Is there a way that the translations can be fitted into the list [printed] and keep the visual flow.
12:57:03 [Andrew]
Andrew: Translations available and encouraged
12:57:13 [judy]
(capturing some suggestions)
12:57:32 [judy]
'note: translations available and encouraged'
12:57:48 [judy]
'translations of key wai resources'
12:58:10 [judy]
'translation resources'
12:58:22 [judy]
'translation guidance'
12:58:57 [judy]
'translation guidance and hosting'
13:00:07 [Andrew]
'translated resources'
13:02:44 [Wayne]
Liam: Translation resources imply a service; translated resources implies a items.
13:04:36 [Andrew]
'translated WAI resources'
13:05:20 [judy]
'translated resources and guidance'
13:06:42 [Wayne]
Shadi: voluntary translations?
13:07:04 [judy]
'voluntary translations'
13:09:26 [Wayne]
Group: concensus: "Translated resources"
13:10:48 [Wayne]
Judy: Look at the WAI resources: reactions to: which itens are listed, how they are listed and order.
13:12:14 [Wayne]
Sylvie: Order by type: .. Guidelines should be with Quicktips. (example)
13:16:00 [Wayne]
Judy: Can the list be reduced to seven...
13:17:01 [Wayne]
Andrew: The topics on the WAI page are fewer... Should we get back to the basics and list the four topic areas...
13:18:30 [Wayne]
Judy: Regarding the (WAI Site) nav, it was difficult to fine umbrella categories. This site references explicit documents because they might be a more direct draw.
13:19:46 [Wayne]
Shadi: Documents might be the wrong start because topics are more timeless.
13:20:56 [shadi]
...if documents approach than agree to strike components (not first thing to point people to)
13:21:23 [shadi]
...finally, not sure why quick tips is listed
13:21:43 [Wayne]
Judy: Reasons: documents are on line resources; people read them to get caught up; the actual documents are a draw; the quick tips are on the back of the flyer.
13:23:57 [Wayne]
Liam: The flyer acts as a draw; so maybe we need to keep the draws.
13:25:58 [Wayne]
Wayne: Since documents change like sponsers maybe they should be printed in the same format as sponsers.
13:35:36 [judy]
(summary of several comments -- if going to 7 bulleted items, essential components may be less of a draw than some of the other topics, so remove that)
13:36:08 [judy]
jb: let's revisit order of 7 remaining items
13:38:36 [Wayne]
Liam and Andrew: Like evaluating accessibility to last.
13:42:03 [Wayne]
Sylvie: Quick tips fits more logically after Accessibility Guidelines
13:44:47 [Zakim]
+Natasha
13:45:20 [Wayne]
Wayne: Perhaps we need to logical order first and then consider visual effect.
13:47:44 [Andrew]
Andrew has joined #eo
13:47:49 [Wayne]
Topic: Policies Relating Web Accessibility
13:48:46 [Wayne]
Judy: Justin did a significant up of the policy references page; we will review it; some search for gaps
13:50:14 [Wayne]
Justin: [Walks through document] Looked at al change dcuments; updated links; found new policies...
13:50:26 [Wayne]
Judy: Are there new countries
13:50:46 [Wayne]
Justin: Isreal, Hong Kong and India
13:51:20 [Wayne]
Judy: This will need some followup checking.
13:53:41 [Wayne]
Judy: Please look carefully at this document to study the order and content.
13:54:53 [judy]
action: judy ask shawn abt positioning of "related page" link at top of country sections in policy ref page
13:56:45 [judy]
action: judy check w/ shawn abt broken links on "submitting changes" doc
13:59:19 [judy]
action: jb/jt meet to discuss contacts to check w/, & who checks
13:59:24 [Wayne]
Group: Looked at parts of document; needs careful check.
14:07:46 [Andrew]
Andrew: the California link is incorrect on the US states page
14:07:50 [LiamMcGee]
action: liam will track down the link to the DED
14:07:52 [shadi]
action: saz coordinate with jb on some EU contacts
14:09:00 [Andrew]
action: Andrew to follow up with India via a contact
14:09:37 [Andrew]
action: Andrew to proof read and update he Australia States entries
14:09:55 [Wayne]
Action: Follow up: Shadi: EU; Andrew: in Austrailia and India; Wayne: Califorina
14:11:45 [Wayne]
Andrew: Will we send it as a WAI Highlight sent our on RSS, and should it be a separate feed.
14:13:19 [Wayne]
Judy: Suggestion is to do it as part of the standard three: Wai Intrest List; Wai Highlights and RSS feed
14:14:19 [Wayne]
Topic: Face-to-Face
14:15:37 [Wayne]
Judy: Have 2-day meeting in late January January 22-23 at WAI Mini-Tech plenary
14:17:54 [judy]
zakim, who's here?
14:17:54 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Shadi, Judy, Wayne_Dick, Justin, Liam_McGee, Sylvie_DuchateauTanguy_Lohéac, Andrew_Arch, Jack, Natasha
14:17:56 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Andrew, Jack, Zakim, RRSAgent, LiamMcGee, judy, Wayne, shadi
14:18:23 [Wayne]
Judy - polls the group: Should we meet? Would you come?
14:21:55 [Wayne]
Group: Wayne yes/yes; Andrew yes/.7yes; Jack yes/likely; Justin yes/ likely; Liam yes/ unlikely; Sylvie yes/ maybe; Natasha yes/ likely; Shadi yes/ refer to Judy; Judy yes/yes
14:24:25 [Andrew]
Andrew: suggest a possible joint meeting with mobile Web best practices if they are still meeting
14:24:41 [Wayne]
Judy: there is a possibility for joint meetings.
14:28:29 [LiamMcGee]
LiamMcGee has left #eo
14:28:30 [Zakim]
-Natasha
14:28:33 [Zakim]
-Liam_McGee
14:28:34 [Zakim]
-Sylvie_DuchateauTanguy_Lohéac
14:28:35 [Zakim]
-Jack
14:28:36 [Zakim]
-Shadi
14:28:37 [Zakim]
-Justin
14:28:39 [Zakim]
-Wayne_Dick
14:28:41 [Zakim]
-Judy
14:28:41 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Arch
14:28:43 [Zakim]
WAI_EOWG()8:30AM has ended
14:28:44 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shadi, Judy, Wayne_Dick, Justin, Liam_McGee, Sylvie_Duchateau\Tanguy_Lohéac, Andrew_Arch, Jack, Natasha
14:28:51 [shadi]
zakim, bye
14:28:51 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #eo
14:28:57 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
14:29:01 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:29:02 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/13-eo-minutes.html shadi
14:29:03 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
14:29:08 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
14:29:08 [RRSAgent]
I see 9 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/13-eo-actions.rdf :
14:29:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: chang guidelines to guidelines / standards in WAI Activities [1]
14:29:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/13-eo-irc#T12-48-06
14:29:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: judy ask shawn abt positioning of "related page" link at top of country sections in policy ref page [2]
14:29:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/13-eo-irc#T13-54-53
14:29:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: judy check w/ shawn abt broken links on "submitting changes" doc [3]
14:29:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/13-eo-irc#T13-56-45
14:29:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: jb/jt meet to discuss contacts to check w/, & who checks [4]
14:29:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/13-eo-irc#T13-59-19
14:29:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: liam will track down the link to the DED [5]
14:29:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/13-eo-irc#T14-07-50
14:29:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: saz coordinate with jb on some EU contacts [6]
14:29:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/13-eo-irc#T14-07-52
14:29:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Andrew to follow up with India via a contact [7]
14:29:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/13-eo-irc#T14-09-00
14:29:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Andrew to proof read and update he Australia States entries [8]
14:29:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/13-eo-irc#T14-09-37
14:29:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Follow up: Shadi: EU; Andrew: in Austrailia and India; Wayne: Califorina [9]
14:29:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/13-eo-irc#T14-09-55