IRC log of mmsem on 2006-10-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:48:11 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mmsem
15:48:11 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/10/12-mmsem-irc
15:49:50 [raphael]
raphael has changed the topic to: W3C Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 12-10-2006, 16:00 UTC
15:51:23 [raphael]
zakim, which conferences ?
15:51:23 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, raphael.
15:51:40 [raphael]
zakim, list
15:51:40 [Zakim]
I see DIG_TAMI()11:00AM, INC_MMSEM()12:00PM, WS_DescWG()11:00AM, WAI_Team()10:45AM, SW_HCLS()11:00AM, XML_PMWG()11:00AM active
15:51:42 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are VB_VBWG()10:00AM, I18N_Core_WG(WS-I18N)11:00AM, GA_WebCGM()11:00AM, SYMM_TTWG()12:00PM
15:51:49 [raphael]
zakim, this is INC_MMSEM
15:51:49 [Zakim]
ok, raphael; that matches INC_MMSEM()12:00PM
15:52:07 [raphael]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Oct/0013.html
15:52:16 [raphael]
present+ Raphael
15:52:46 [raphael]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:52:46 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/12-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
15:53:02 [raphael]
rrsagent, make logs public
15:53:19 [raphael]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:53:19 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/12-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
15:54:59 [raphael]
Scribe: raphael
15:55:25 [raphael]
Regrets+ Jacco, Paola, Ovidio, Pasquale
15:55:40 [mhausenblas]
mhausenblas has joined #mmsem
15:56:23 [raphael]
rrsagent, make logs visible
15:56:33 [raphael]
rrsagent, make logs public
15:56:56 [raphael]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:56:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/12-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
15:57:00 [Zakim]
+Michael_Hausenblas
15:57:22 [raphael]
present+ Michael
15:57:49 [raphael]
Regrets: Jacco, Paola, Ovidio, Pasquale
15:58:00 [raphael]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:58:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/12-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
15:58:19 [thomasFranz]
thomasFranz has joined #mmsem
15:59:06 [patriziaasirelli]
patriziaasirelli has joined #mmsem
15:59:51 [Zakim]
+Thomas_Franz
16:00:12 [vassilis]
vassilis has joined #mmsem
16:00:17 [Zakim]
+[UMD]
16:00:21 [raphael]
zakim, who is here ?
16:00:21 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +20592aaaa, Michael_Hausenblas, Thomas_Franz, [UMD]
16:00:21 [anadiotis]
anadiotis has joined #mmsem
16:00:24 [Zakim]
On IRC I see vassilis, patriziaasirelli, thomasFranz, mhausenblas, RRSAgent, Zakim, raphael
16:00:32 [raphael]
zakim, [UMD] is Chris
16:00:40 [Zakim]
+Chris; got it
16:00:57 [chalaschek]
chalaschek has joined #MMSEM
16:01:26 [Zakim]
+Thierry_Declerck
16:01:29 [SusanneBoll]
SusanneBoll has joined #mmsem
16:01:39 [rellero__]
rellero__ has joined #mmsem
16:02:06 [rellero__]
Hi, i'm sorry can connect only in irc today
16:02:08 [Melli]
Melli has joined #mmsem
16:02:11 [IoannisPratikakis]
IoannisPratikakis has joined #mmsem
16:02:21 [Zakim]
+[CWI]
16:02:27 [patriziaasirelli]
Hi all, from Patrizia, Massimo & Suzanne
16:02:33 [paul-thierry]
paul-thierry has joined #mmsem
16:02:35 [raphael]
zakim, CWI is George
16:02:35 [Zakim]
+George; got it
16:02:53 [Zakim]
+??P9
16:03:01 [IoannisPratikakis]
hello from Athens
16:03:08 [thomasFranz]
zakim, mute me
16:03:08 [Zakim]
Thomas_Franz should now be muted
16:03:27 [raphael]
zakim, ??P9 is Melli
16:03:27 [Zakim]
+Melli; got it
16:03:31 [raphael]
zakim, who is here ?
16:03:31 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +20592aaaa, Michael_Hausenblas, Thomas_Franz (muted), Chris, Thierry_Declerck, George, Melli
16:03:33 [Zakim]
On IRC I see paul-thierry, IoannisPratikakis, Melli, rellero__, SusanneBoll, chalaschek, anadiotis, vassilis, patriziaasirelli, thomasFranz, mhausenblas, RRSAgent, Zakim, raphael
16:03:43 [Zakim]
+??P13
16:03:53 [JeffP]
JeffP has joined #mmsem
16:04:10 [raphael]
zakim, ??P13 is Patrizia_Massimo_Susanne
16:04:10 [Zakim]
+Patrizia_Massimo_Susanne; got it
16:04:22 [raphael]
zakim, +20592 is me
16:04:23 [Zakim]
+raphael; got it
16:04:28 [raphael]
zakim, who is here ?
16:04:28 [Zakim]
On the phone I see raphael, Michael_Hausenblas, Thomas_Franz (muted), Chris, Thierry_Declerck, George, Melli, Patrizia_Massimo_Susanne
16:04:30 [Zakim]
On IRC I see JeffP, paul-thierry, IoannisPratikakis, Melli, rellero__, SusanneBoll, chalaschek, anadiotis, vassilis, patriziaasirelli, thomasFranz, mhausenblas, RRSAgent, Zakim,
16:04:33 [Zakim]
... raphael
16:05:27 [thomas]
zakim, unmute me
16:05:27 [Zakim]
Thomas_Franz should no longer be muted
16:05:34 [Zakim]
+[ITI]
16:05:43 [raphael]
zakim, ITI is Stamatia
16:05:44 [Zakim]
+Stamatia; got it
16:05:56 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:06:01 [raphael]
zakim, who is speaking
16:06:01 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is speaking', raphael
16:06:03 [raphael]
zakim, who is speaking?
16:06:11 [SusanneBoll]
Susanne Boll
16:06:14 [Zakim]
raphael, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: 10 (12%), Thierry_Declerck (18%), raphael (19%), Patrizia_Massimo_Susanne (22%), Stamatia (13%), [IPcaller]
16:06:18 [Zakim]
... (28%)
16:06:19 [Zakim]
+[IVML]
16:06:30 [raphael]
zakim, IPcaller is Suzanne
16:06:30 [Zakim]
+Suzanne; got it
16:06:37 [raphael]
zakim, IVML is Vassilis
16:06:38 [Zakim]
+Vassilis; got it
16:06:55 [raphael]
zakim, mute Patrizia_Massimo_Susanne
16:06:55 [Zakim]
Patrizia_Massimo_Susanne should now be muted
16:07:00 [raphael]
zakim, who is speaking?
16:07:10 [Zakim]
+Jeff_Pan
16:07:10 [Zakim]
raphael, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Thierry_Declerck (15%), Michael_Hausenblas (4%), George (6%), raphael (65%), Stamatia (9%)
16:07:22 [raphael]
zakim, who is here ?
16:07:22 [Zakim]
On the phone I see raphael, Michael_Hausenblas, Thomas_Franz, Chris, Thierry_Declerck, George, Melli, Patrizia_Massimo_Susanne (muted), Stamatia, Suzanne, Vassilis, Jeff_Pan
16:07:25 [Zakim]
On IRC I see JeffP, paul-thierry, IoannisPratikakis, Melli, rellero__, SusanneBoll, chalaschek, anadiotis, vassilis, patriziaasirelli, thomas, mhausenblas, RRSAgent, Zakim, raphael
16:07:46 [vassilis]
zakim, mute me
16:07:46 [Zakim]
Vassilis should now be muted
16:08:36 [raphael]
Chair: JeffP
16:09:19 [raphael]
Topic: ADMIN
16:09:22 [patriziaasirelli]
I am having problem with my telephone I shall riconnect in a minute
16:09:27 [Zakim]
-Patrizia_Massimo_Susanne
16:10:15 [chalaschek]
none here
16:10:19 [thomas]
accept it
16:10:20 [vassilis]
zakim, unmute me
16:10:20 [Zakim]
Vassilis should no longer be muted
16:10:28 [raphael]
Minutes of the 02 October 2006 telecon: ACCEPTED
16:10:36 [raphael]
including the decisions taken
16:10:40 [chalaschek]
none here
16:10:52 [raphael]
Next telecon 26 October 2006: ACCEPTED
16:11:08 [anadiotis]
zakim mute me
16:11:17 [anadiotis]
zakim, mute me
16:11:18 [Zakim]
sorry, anadiotis, I do not see a party named 'anadiotis'
16:11:18 [cgi-irc]
cgi-irc has joined #mmsem
16:11:23 [Zakim]
+Patrizia_Asirelli
16:11:33 [Zakim]
-Patrizia_Asirelli
16:11:37 [anadiotis]
zakim, mute George
16:11:37 [Zakim]
George should now be muted
16:11:55 [mhausenblas]
one remark wrt http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Liaison - looks orphaned
16:12:00 [Zakim]
+ +30210772aabb
16:12:09 [raphael]
Topic: LIAISON
16:12:17 [cgi-irc]
Zakim, aabb is Stamatia
16:12:18 [Zakim]
+Stamatia; got it
16:12:25 [vassilis]
zakim, + +30210772aabb is yannis
16:12:25 [Zakim]
I don't understand '+ +30210772aabb is yannis', vassilis
16:12:48 [SusanneBoll]
Thanks, I read it and will contribute to is the next weeks
16:13:34 [raphael]
Vcaularies page maintained: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Vocabularies
16:14:03 [iavr]
iavr has joined #mmsem
16:15:15 [Zakim]
+Patrizia_Asirelli
16:15:16 [raphael]
raphael has joined #mmsem
16:17:12 [vassilis]
Patriccia: where to put the comments?
16:17:52 [raphael]
ACTION: Michael to maintain the Vocabularies Page: CONTINUED
16:19:05 [raphael]
ACTION: Pasquale to maintain the Resources Page: CONTINUED
16:19:16 [mhausenblas]
yeah: let us go for a DOAP
16:19:45 [raphael]
ACTION: Giovanni to maintain the Tool page: CONTINUED
16:19:50 [raphael]
using DOAP file ?
16:19:59 [raphael]
Topic: XG UPDATES
16:20:00 [chalaschek]
yep thats done
16:20:38 [Melli]
I will do this very soon as well
16:21:07 [raphael]
ACTION: Thierry, Paul, Melli to do their wiki page
16:21:52 [raphael]
ACTION: Ovidio, Stamatia to review
16:21:52 [raphael]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/MM/image_annotation.html before
16:21:52 [raphael]
mid October teleconf
16:21:58 [raphael]
DONE
16:23:16 [raphael]
zakim, who is speaking ?
16:23:27 [Zakim]
raphael, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Patrizia_Asirelli (4%), Michael_Hausenblas (4%), raphael (30%), Stamatia.a (10%), Vassilis (15%), Suzanne (95%),
16:23:31 [Zakim]
... Jeff_Pan (33%)
16:23:33 [raphael]
zakim, mute Szanne
16:23:33 [Zakim]
sorry, raphael, I do not see a party named 'Szanne'
16:23:36 [raphael]
zakim, mute Suzanne
16:23:36 [Zakim]
Suzanne should now be muted
16:24:20 [iavr]
zakim, mute me
16:24:20 [Zakim]
sorry, iavr, I do not see a party named 'iavr'
16:24:30 [raphael]
ACTION: Raphael addresses the comments on "Image Annotation on the Semantic Web document" by next telecon
16:24:40 [raphael]
... change the css style (XG report)
16:24:58 [raphael]
... change the syntax of the examples (N3) and the graphs (IsaViz)
16:25:48 [raphael]
Similarities between use cases according Patrizia
16:26:09 [raphael]
Patrizia: do not real address multimedia problems
16:26:35 [mhausenblas]
chairs: I plan to propose a new UC today: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Building_multimedial_Semantic_Web_Applications
16:26:56 [mhausenblas]
this one also addresses some of Patrizias issues
16:29:19 [JeffP]
Patrizia: multimedia means there are multiple media ...
16:29:32 [JeffP]
but not just one kind of media
16:29:33 [iavr]
iavr has joined #mmsem
16:29:53 [iavr]
zakim, mute me
16:29:53 [Zakim]
sorry, iavr, I do not see a party named 'iavr'
16:30:42 [rellero__]
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/appendixA.html#multimediadef
16:31:32 [JeffP]
[Anyone who want to join the discussion can simply tyle "q+" to join the queue]
16:32:11 [raphael]
Topic: Music Use Case
16:32:11 [anadiotis]
zakim, unmute George
16:32:11 [Zakim]
George should no longer be muted
16:32:43 [raphael]
Giovanni is not here ...
16:33:19 [raphael]
ACTION: Giovanni, send an update status to the list of this use case as soon as possible
16:33:29 [raphael]
Topic: Biomedical use case
16:33:36 [raphael]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/biomedical/medicalusecase.html
16:35:00 [IoannisPratikakis]
it looks a sound example
16:36:19 [iavr]
zakim, iavr is me
16:36:19 [Zakim]
sorry, iavr, I do not recognize a party named 'iavr'
16:36:41 [chalaschek]
is this metadata represented using RDF or OWL? Or is this using another format?
16:36:48 [vassilis]
zakim, aabb is iavr
16:36:49 [Zakim]
sorry, vassilis, I do not recognize a party named 'aabb'
16:37:30 [raphael]
zakim, who is here ?
16:37:30 [Zakim]
On the phone I see raphael, Michael_Hausenblas, Thomas_Franz, Chris, Thierry_Declerck, George, Melli, Stamatia, Suzanne (muted), Vassilis, Jeff_Pan, Stamatia.a, Patrizia_Asirelli
16:37:34 [Zakim]
On IRC I see iavr, raphael, cgi-irc, JeffP, paul-thierry, IoannisPratikakis, Melli, rellero__, SusanneBoll, chalaschek, anadiotis, vassilis, patriziaasirelli, thomas, mhausenblas,
16:37:36 [Zakim]
... RRSAgent, Zakim
16:37:57 [raphael]
zakim, Stamatia.a is iavr
16:37:57 [Zakim]
+iavr; got it
16:39:43 [iavr]
zakim, mute me
16:39:43 [Zakim]
iavr should now be muted
16:39:49 [iavr]
:-)
16:40:50 [IoannisPratikakis]
please, at least scribe a summary of the conversations, otherwise IRC-only participants cannot follow
16:41:11 [raphael]
People now agree to use a subset of SNOMED for annotating bio medical use cases
16:41:27 [raphael]
if this is the case, problems partially solved
16:41:44 [raphael]
question: why using SW technologies ? and not purely XML solutions
16:42:09 [raphael]
Ex: people annotate pictures with "mandibules" or the snomed ID, or the super concept JAW, etc ...
16:42:30 [raphael]
might motivate the need for SW technologies
16:42:34 [raphael]
Topic: MPEG-7 metadata interoperability use case
16:43:02 [raphael]
Interoperability problems inside MPEG-7
16:43:13 [raphael]
different ways to say the same thing
16:45:15 [raphael]
ontologizing MPEG-7 will not be enough
16:46:22 [raphael]
Solution1: create syntactic and semantic mappings (using OWL and SWRL)
16:47:06 [raphael]
Solution2: K-Space approach (linking domain ontology and core ontology)
16:47:22 [raphael]
Solution3: using profiles
16:47:45 [raphael]
Michael: distinction between syntactic and semantic problems
16:48:13 [raphael]
Topic: NewsML use case
16:49:29 [vassilis]
zakim, mute me
16:49:29 [Zakim]
Vassilis should now be muted
16:51:06 [vassilis]
raphael: a representative from IPTC from next telecon
16:51:07 [JeffP]
q?
16:52:00 [raphael]
ACTION: raphael to add the NewsML entry on the vocabularies wiki page by next telecon
16:52:14 [vassilis]
raphael: not yet for review. from next teleon
16:52:18 [raphael]
Topic: Semantic Multimedia Retrieval Use case
16:52:27 [raphael]
Ioannis any update ?
16:52:46 [IoannisPratikakis]
there is an update wrt to the LLF UC
16:52:50 [raphael]
zakim, unmute suzanne
16:52:50 [Zakim]
Suzanne should no longer be muted
16:53:13 [raphael]
postpone next telecon
16:53:14 [IoannisPratikakis]
please, consult it and give feedback
16:53:32 [raphael]
Topic: Photo Use Case
16:55:26 [raphael]
similar to some extent to NewsML use case
16:57:35 [raphael]
Topic: Tagging use case
16:57:54 [raphael]
George: focus now on interoperability issue, drop the others
16:57:58 [raphael]
zakim, mute suzanne
16:57:58 [Zakim]
Suzanne should now be muted
16:58:15 [raphael]
... work on existing tagging ontology
16:59:06 [raphael]
Topic: Algorithm representation Use case
16:59:11 [raphael]
no real update
16:59:28 [raphael]
postpone to next telecon
17:00:12 [mhausenblas]
I would like to propose a new UC: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Building_multimedial_Semantic_Web_Applications
17:00:17 [raphael]
Topic: FUTURE MEETINGS
17:00:24 [raphael]
Nexf F2F meeting
17:00:33 [vassilis]
zakim, unmute me
17:00:33 [Zakim]
Vassilis should no longer be muted
17:00:42 [raphael]
Please, fill the questionnaire at: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/39139/MMSEM-FTF02/
17:00:42 [iavr]
zakim, unmute me
17:00:42 [Zakim]
iavr should no longer be muted
17:01:21 [mhausenblas]
q+
17:01:59 [raphael]
Topic: AOB
17:02:29 [raphael]
New use case proposed by Michael, everybody to comment
17:03:05 [JeffP]
q?
17:03:34 [Zakim]
-Chris
17:03:36 [Zakim]
-Thierry_Declerck
17:03:37 [Zakim]
-Stamatia
17:03:38 [Zakim]
-Melli
17:03:39 [Zakim]
-George
17:03:40 [Zakim]
-Patrizia_Asirelli
17:03:48 [Zakim]
-Thomas_Franz
17:03:51 [Zakim]
-Michael_Hausenblas
17:04:03 [Zakim]
-Suzanne
17:05:12 [IoannisPratikakis]
+q
17:26:24 [raphael]
rrsagent, draft minutes
17:26:24 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/12-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
17:28:15 [raphael]
Meeting: W3C Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 12-10-2006, 16:00 UTC
17:28:17 [raphael]
rrsagent, draft minutes
17:28:17 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/12-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
17:29:56 [raphael]
Present: raphael, Michael_Hausenblas, Thomas_Franz, Chris, Thierry_Declerck, George, Melli, Stamatia, Suzanne, Vassilis, Jeff_Pan, Stamatia.a, Patrizia_Asirelli, IoannisPratikakis (IRC), rellero (IRC)
17:30:00 [raphael]
rrsagent, draft minutes
17:30:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/12-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
17:30:12 [Zakim]
-Vassilis
17:30:19 [Zakim]
-iavr
17:30:20 [Zakim]
-Jeff_Pan
17:30:22 [Zakim]
INC_MMSEM()12:00PM has ended
17:30:23 [Zakim]
Attendees were +20592aaaa, Michael_Hausenblas, Thomas_Franz, Chris, Thierry_Declerck, George, Melli, Patrizia_Massimo_Susanne, raphael, Stamatia, Suzanne, Vassilis, Jeff_Pan,
17:30:26 [Zakim]
... Patrizia_Asirelli, +30210772aabb, iavr
17:30:55 [raphael]
Present: Raphael, Michael_Hausenblas, Thomas_Franz, Chris, Thierry_Declerck, George, Melli, Stamatia, Suzanne, Vassilis, Jeff_Pan, Yannis, Patrizia_Asirelli, IoannisPratikakis(IRC), rellero(IRC)
17:30:57 [raphael]
rrsagent, draft minutes
17:30:57 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/12-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
17:31:02 [raphael]
Meeting: W3C Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 12-10-2006, 16:00 UTC
17:31:11 [raphael]
rrsagent, draft minutes
17:31:11 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/12-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
17:31:43 [raphael]
Scribe: Raphael
17:31:46 [raphael]
rrsagent, draft minutes
17:31:46 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/12-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
17:33:07 [raphael]
rrsagent, generate minutes
17:33:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/12-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
17:34:16 [raphael]
exit
17:34:21 [raphael]
raphael has left #mmsem
19:08:39 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mmsem
19:56:46 [rellero__]
rellero__ has joined #mmsem
19:56:59 [rellero__]
rellero__ has left #mmsem
20:03:46 [rellero__]
rellero__ has joined #mmsem
20:03:58 [rellero__]
rellero__ has left #mmsem