IRC log of databinding on 2006-10-10

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:00:51 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #databinding
14:00:51 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-databinding-irc
14:00:53 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:00:53 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #databinding
14:00:55 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DBWG
14:00:55 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_DBWG()10:00AM scheduled to start now
14:00:56 [trackbot]
Meeting: Databinding WG Teleconference
14:00:56 [trackbot]
Date: 10 October 2006
14:01:10 [Zakim]
WS_DBWG()10:00AM has now started
14:01:18 [Zakim]
+George_Cowe
14:01:19 [Zakim]
+??P14
14:01:20 [pauld]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xsd-databinding/2006Oct/0004.html
14:01:32 [pauld]
Chair: pauld
14:01:35 [Zakim]
-George_Cowe
14:01:35 [pauld]
Scribe: pauld
14:01:38 [Zakim]
+Priscilla
14:02:13 [Zakim]
+??P9
14:02:27 [pauld]
zakim, ??P9 is BT
14:02:27 [Zakim]
+BT; got it
14:02:31 [Zakim]
+George_Cowe
14:02:38 [pauld]
BT contains pauld and otu
14:02:54 [pauld]
zakim, BT contains pauld and otu
14:02:54 [Zakim]
+pauld, otu; got it
14:03:18 [JonC]
JonC has joined #databinding
14:03:31 [pauld]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:03:31 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P14, Priscilla, BT, George_Cowe
14:03:32 [Zakim]
BT has pauld, otu
14:03:47 [pauld]
zakim, who is making noise?
14:03:58 [Zakim]
pauld, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: BT (73%), George_Cowe (30%)
14:04:01 [Zakim]
+Yves
14:04:20 [pauld]
zakim, mute george
14:04:20 [Zakim]
George_Cowe should now be muted
14:04:40 [pauld]
zakim, unmute george
14:04:40 [Zakim]
George_Cowe should no longer be muted
14:05:06 [gcowe]
i'll try calling again
14:05:11 [Zakim]
-George_Cowe
14:05:55 [pauld]
scribe: jonc
14:05:56 [Zakim]
+George_Cowe
14:06:25 [JonC]
scribe:JonC
14:07:01 [vlad]
vlad has joined #databinding
14:07:26 [Zakim]
+??P17
14:07:54 [vlad]
apologize for being late
14:07:59 [JonC]
JonC has joined #databinding
14:09:28 [pauld]
scribe: pauld
14:10:28 [pauld]
minutes from 19th September approved
14:14:41 [pauld]
pauld: welcomes Vladislav
14:15:00 [vlad]
thanks, Paul
14:16:35 [pauld]
pauld: as we run out of Issues, we're going to build agendas around tracking actions
14:17:16 [pauld]
george: we've a lot of patterns and examples around ISSUE-30
14:17:38 [pauld]
ACTION: pdowney to possibly raise issue to hold datatypes
14:17:38 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-81 - Possibly raise issue to hold datatypes [on Paul Downey - due 2006-10-17].
14:18:41 [pauld]
pauld: we've a bunch of patterns in our spec without examples, esp atribute patterns
14:20:51 [pauld]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/databinding/edcopy/toolkits/soap4r_ruby_20051204/output.xml
14:24:20 [pauld]
pauld has joined #databinding
14:24:22 [pauld]
Topic: ISSUE-12
14:25:47 [pauld]
Topic: ISSUE-49
14:26:05 [pauld]
priscilla: anyType is the default type
14:26:34 [pauld]
ACTION: pwalmsle to investigate use of anySimpleType
14:26:35 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-82 - Investigate use of anySimpleType [on Priscilla Walmsley - due 2006-10-17].
14:26:54 [JonC]
JonC has joined #databinding
14:28:54 [pauld]
Topic: ISSUE-68
14:29:29 [pauld]
priscilla: still unclear on it's utility
14:29:39 [pauld]
pauld: unclear which schemas use it
14:30:13 [pauld]
priscilla: maybe you want the schema for schemas to validate extensions
14:32:06 [pauld]
Topic: ISSUE-71
14:32:15 [pauld]
yves: ok to cite non-normatively
14:33:21 [pauld]
pauld: how do we cite it in such as a way so they can use us and we can use them
14:33:42 [pauld]
s/and we/rather than/
14:34:02 [priscilla]
priscilla has joined #databinding
14:36:03 [pauld]
vladislav: xsd:import, and what other features
14:36:10 [pauld]
pauld: document encoding
14:36:27 [pauld]
george: multiple schemas for the same namespace
14:36:35 [pwalmsle]
pwalmsle has joined #databinding
14:37:39 [Yves]
"If you plan to use this specification in the context of BP1.0 the following extra restrictions apply: (and here a list of the restriction imposed by BP).
14:37:51 [Yves]
that in a specific non-normative paragraph
14:41:20 [pauld]
RESOLUTION: close ISSUE-71 with Yves proposed non-normative section
14:45:22 [pauld]
ACTION: gcowe to look ate standa lone schemas for ISSUE-57 etc
14:45:24 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-83 - Look ate standa lone schemas for ISSUE-57 etc [on George Cowe - due 2006-10-17].
14:47:56 [pauld]
Topic: ISSUE-72
14:49:04 [pauld]
yves: we may be able to go to Rec with XPath in CR, depending upon the number of implementations
14:50:05 [Zakim]
This conference is scheduled to end in 10 minutes; all ports must be freed
14:50:17 [pauld]
pauld: we could write our profile in notational conventions
14:50:52 [pauld]
yves: we could state we use it as a notational convention, but you don't need XPath 2.0 to conform to our spec
14:51:15 [pauld]
priscilla: XPath 2.0 is a subset of XQuery, so lots of tools potentially
14:51:29 [vlad]
vlad has joined #databinding
14:55:04 [Zakim]
This conference is scheduled to end in 5 minutes; all ports must be freed
14:55:32 [Zakim]
-Yves
14:55:33 [Zakim]
-Vlad
14:55:34 [Zakim]
-BT
14:55:35 [Zakim]
-Priscilla
14:55:37 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-databinding-minutes.html Yves
14:55:39 [Zakim]
-??P14
14:55:40 [Zakim]
WS_DBWG()10:00AM has ended
14:55:42 [Zakim]
Attendees were George_Cowe, Priscilla, pauld, otu, Yves, Vlad
14:55:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-databinding-minutes.html Yves
14:56:26 [pauld]
RESOLUTION: close ISSUE-72 with Yves proposal to clarify our relationship with XPath 2.0
14:56:47 [pauld]
rrsagent, generate minutes
14:56:47 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-databinding-minutes.html pauld
14:57:06 [pauld]
rrsagent, make logs public
16:36:26 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #databinding