IRC log of er on 2006-10-04

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:37:57 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
13:37:57 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/10/04-er-irc
13:38:04 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
13:38:17 [shadi]
zakim, this will be ERT
13:38:17 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; I see WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 22 minutes
13:38:23 [shadi]
meeting: ERT WG
13:38:29 [shadi]
chair: Shadi
13:38:44 [shadi]
regrets: Charles, CarlosI, CarlosV
13:39:09 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2006Oct/0001.html
13:39:21 [shadi]
agenda+ test subjects is a local file
13:39:32 [shadi]
agenda+ using rdf:about and/or uri:uri in WebContent
13:39:41 [shadi]
agenda+ location of "Extensibility" section
13:39:53 [shadi]
agenda+ location of "Schema" appendix
13:40:02 [shadi]
agenda+ prepare for reviewing "HTTP Vocabulary in RDF"
13:52:35 [Daniela]
Daniela has joined #er
13:55:10 [ChrisR]
ChrisR has joined #er
13:59:21 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM has now started
13:59:29 [Zakim]
+Daniela
14:00:13 [Zakim]
+Shadi
14:00:42 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:01:03 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is really Chris
14:01:11 [Zakim]
+Chris; got it
14:01:49 [JohannesK]
JohannesK has joined #er
14:02:34 [Zakim]
+Klaus/Johannes/Thomas
14:02:57 [JohannesK]
Zakim, Klaus is really JohannesK
14:02:57 [Zakim]
+JohannesK; got it
14:04:10 [shadi]
scribe: Chris
14:04:15 [shadi]
scribenick: ChrisR
14:04:32 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
14:04:32 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "test subjects is a local file" taken up [from shadi]
14:05:02 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2006Oct/0000
14:07:29 [ChrisR]
JK: may be able to use "test subject" class otherwise can use "file content" class.
14:08:18 [ChrisR]
SAZ: recalls Charles saying we could use "test subject" class which is well formed URI but is not unique
14:08:32 [JohannesK]
file://mycompi.mydomain.org/tmp/file.txt
14:08:56 [ChrisR]
SAZ: could give "test subject" a unique ID
14:10:22 [ChrisR]
JK: can use IP number instead of "file:..." if IP is static
14:10:48 [shadi]
regrets: Charles, CarlosI, CarlosV, Jim
14:10:48 [ChrisR]
SAZ: although may not have an IP number at all
14:11:32 [ChrisR]
SAZ: is it important to store content of file?
14:11:51 [ChrisR]
JK: yes, especially if file is not public
14:12:28 [ChrisR]
JK: file content needs to go into report if file is not public
14:12:49 [ChrisR]
SAZ: proposal is to change "http body" in this content
14:13:32 [ChrisR]
JK: but "http body" does not have a domain yet and could be used anywhere if we change comment
14:13:53 [ChrisR]
SA: not good to change vocabulary because it should be stand alone
14:14:50 [ChrisR]
JK: we could create the propery in a namespace (e.g. "content") and extent "http body" property so "http body" is derived from it.
14:15:36 [ChrisR]
JK: the benefit is that we have "http body" property in proper vocabulary
14:17:43 [ChrisR]
SAZ: We have property to store URI and can put filename in there. But what are our needs?
14:18:30 [ChrisR]
JK: In RDF we need unique identifier for resource but not for property and we need that and to be unique.
14:19:12 [ChrisR]
JK: Filename is a label for stored content.
14:20:44 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:21:01 [ChrisR]
JK: We need something for storing non-public content.
14:21:11 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is really David
14:21:11 [Zakim]
+David; got it
14:21:21 [davidr]
davidr has joined #er
14:22:02 [ChrisR]
JK: We could use something like "body" property from HTTP. Could use as-is and then change describing stuff or could create another property and extend it.
14:22:53 [ChrisR]
JK: Could use in "test subject" but what to do when we test source code in various forms?
14:23:40 [ChrisR]
JK: May not need "file content" class.
14:25:31 [ChrisR]
SAZ: Wonders what are disadvantages of creating "file content" class??
14:25:34 [JohannesK]
http:body rdfs:subPropertyOf foo:base64Content
14:26:09 [JohannesK]
TestContent has property foo:base64Content
14:26:17 [JohannesK]
s/TestContent/TestSubject/
14:26:25 [ChrisR]
SAZ: If "file content" class we can recommend using properties like "file name" etc.
14:27:40 [shadi]
earl:filesource rdfs:subPropertyOf foo:base64Content
14:27:55 [shadi]
...in earl:FileContent classes
14:28:23 [ChrisR]
SAZ: Can still use generic properties and still use specific sub-properties.
14:28:41 [ChrisR]
SAZ: Thinks that "file content" class has it's own uses.
14:30:00 [ChrisR]
SAZ: If no other comments will leave for now as we're a small group today.
14:30:28 [ChrisR]
SAZ: No hearing strong feelings for or against proposal so let stew.
14:30:39 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 1
14:30:39 [Zakim]
agendum 1, test subjects is a local file, closed
14:30:40 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:30:41 [Zakim]
2. using rdf:about and/or uri:uri in WebContent [from shadi]
14:30:45 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 2
14:30:45 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "using rdf:about and/or uri:uri in WebContent" taken up [from shadi]
14:30:58 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2006Sep/0056
14:31:59 [ChrisR]
JK: Could use "node" property in RDF.
14:32:34 [ChrisR]
SAZ: We could still propose to use it our way.
14:33:09 [ChrisR]
JK: uri:uri is part of HTTP request so if not there as property then somethink is missing.
14:33:42 [ChrisR]
SAZ: It's still there - as part of HTTP request although request is optional. So we have additional uri:uri property.
14:34:09 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/TR/EARL10/#webcontent
14:34:16 [ChrisR]
JK: I'm OK with just using RDF: about.
14:34:16 [shadi]
"Term for URI"
14:35:28 [ChrisR]
JK and SAZ: Do not need uri:uri because we can use rdf: about.
14:36:19 [shadi]
earl:filename rdfs:subPropertyOf uri:uri
14:38:09 [davidr]
yes
14:38:22 [ChrisR]
SAZ: Everyone agree we don't need uri:uri in property class?
14:38:23 [davidr]
far more intuitive
14:39:12 [ChrisR]
resolution: Drop uri:uri in webcontent class.
14:39:34 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 2
14:39:34 [Zakim]
agendum 2, using rdf:about and/or uri:uri in WebContent, closed
14:39:35 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:39:36 [Zakim]
3. location of "Extensibility" section [from shadi]
14:39:39 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 3
14:39:39 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "location of "Extensibility" section" taken up [from shadi]
14:40:30 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-EARL10-Schema-20060927/#extensibility
14:41:40 [ChrisR]
SAZ: Extensibility section not relavent to schema. Should be in EARL guide, not in schema.
14:41:46 [JohannesK]
+1
14:42:01 [davidr]
agree
14:42:58 [ChrisR]
Resolution: Move extensibility section from schema to EARL guide.
14:43:07 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 3
14:43:07 [Zakim]
agendum 3, location of "Extensibility" section, closed
14:43:08 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:43:10 [Zakim]
4. location of "Schema" appendix [from shadi]
14:43:13 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 4
14:43:13 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "location of "Schema" appendix" taken up [from shadi]
14:43:26 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-EARL10-Schema-20060927/#schema-rdf
14:45:06 [ChrisR]
SAZ: RDF itself does not have it inside the doc but others (like FOAF) do have it inside.
14:45:30 [ChrisR]
JK: But they don't include the RDF schema in the spec.
14:47:23 [ChrisR]
JK: Don't have strong feelings but can be seperate or include in spec itself.
14:48:19 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 4
14:48:19 [Zakim]
agendum 4, location of "Schema" appendix, closed
14:48:20 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
14:48:21 [Zakim]
5. prepare for reviewing "HTTP Vocabulary in RDF" [from shadi]
14:48:25 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 5
14:48:25 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "prepare for reviewing "HTTP Vocabulary in RDF"" taken up [from shadi]
14:48:33 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/HTTP/WD-HTTP-in-RDF-20060705
14:49:25 [ChrisR]
SAZ: This doc will be a "note" not a "recommendation".
14:49:38 [ChrisR]
SAZ: Asks that everyone read it.
14:52:05 [Zakim]
-JohannesK
14:52:05 [davidr]
davidr has left #er
14:52:06 [Zakim]
-Daniela
14:52:07 [Zakim]
-Shadi
14:52:09 [Zakim]
-Chris
14:52:10 [Zakim]
-David
14:52:11 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM has ended
14:52:13 [Zakim]
Attendees were Daniela, Shadi, Chris, Klaus/Johannes/Thomas, JohannesK, David
14:52:14 [ChrisR]
ChrisR has left #er
14:53:12 [shadi]
zakim, bye
14:53:12 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #er
14:53:19 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
14:53:27 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:53:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/04-er-minutes.html shadi
14:53:29 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
14:53:35 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
14:53:35 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items