IRC log of mmsem on 2006-10-02

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:11:35 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mmsem
15:11:35 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/10/02-mmsem-irc
15:11:53 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mmsem
15:13:56 [jrvosse]
zakim, list
15:13:56 [Zakim]
I see Team_(arch)15:06Z, MM_MMI()11:00AM active
15:13:57 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are SYMM_WG()11:00AM, SW_HCLS(BioRDF)11:00AM, XML_QueryWG()11:00AM
15:17:52 [jrvosse]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Sep/0058.html
15:18:38 [jrvosse]
Meeting: W3C Multimedia Semantics Incubator Group: 2 October Telecon; 1600 UTC
15:23:13 [jrvosse]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:23:13 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/02-mmsem-minutes.html jrvosse
15:23:24 [jrvosse]
rrsagent, make logs public
15:23:42 [jrvosse]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:23:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/02-mmsem-minutes.html jrvosse
15:25:05 [jrvosse]
present+ Jacco
15:27:56 [Jacco]
Jacco has joined #mmsem
15:28:41 [Jacco]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:28:41 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/02-mmsem-minutes.html Jacco
15:28:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/02-mmsem-minutes.html Jacco
15:32:15 [Jacco]
Regrets+ Giovanni, Chris, Stamatia, Ioannis, Raphael, Jeff, Patrizia, Ovidio
15:32:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/02-mmsem-minutes.html Jacco
15:40:23 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/02-mmsem-minutes.html Jacco
15:48:15 [mhausenblas]
mhausenblas has joined #mmsem
15:50:03 [Zakim]
INC_MMSEM()12:00PM has now started
15:50:10 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas
15:55:13 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
15:55:13 [Zakim]
On the phone I see mhausenblas
15:58:46 [anadiotis]
anadiotis has joined #mmsem
15:58:56 [Zakim]
+GeorgeAnadiotis
16:00:15 [Zakim]
+george.a
16:01:33 [vassilis]
vassilis has joined #mmsem
16:02:06 [anadiotis]
Zakim, [CWI] is GeorgeAnadiotis
16:02:06 [Zakim]
+GeorgeAnadiotis; got it
16:02:47 [Zakim]
+ +30210772aaaa
16:02:54 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, who's here?
16:02:58 [Zakim]
On the phone I see mhausenblas, Jacco, GeorgeAnadiotis, +30210772aaaa
16:03:00 [Zakim]
On IRC I see vassilis, anadiotis, mhausenblas, Jacco, Zakim, RRSAgent
16:03:14 [Jacco]
Present+ Michael, Vassilis, George
16:03:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/02-mmsem-minutes.html Jacco
16:03:43 [vassilis]
++30210772aaaa is now vassilis
16:04:00 [mhausenblas]
do we actually expect much more participants, today?
16:04:09 [vassilis]
zakim ++30210772aaaa is now vassilis
16:04:48 [Jacco]
Chair: Vassilis
16:04:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/02-mmsem-minutes.html Jacco
16:06:50 [Jacco]
Topic: ADMIN
16:07:23 [Jacco]
PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 14 September 2006 telecon: http://www.w3.org/2006/09/14-mmsem-minutes.html: Accepted
16:08:22 [Jacco]
PROPOSED next telecon 13 October 2006; This should be Thursday 12 October: Accepted
16:08:35 [Jacco]
Topic: LIAISON (SWBPD)
16:09:34 [Jacco]
ACTION: Yannis to report back to the group about the outcome of the MPEG7 liason attempts after a visit of ITI in Austria [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/20-mmsem-minutes.html#action01] Done: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Sep/0022.html
16:10:05 [Jacco]
ACTION: Chairs to contact UPF [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/14-mmsem-minutes.html#action05]: Continued
16:11:12 [Jacco]
ACTION: Michael to take care of the vocabularies pages
16:11:25 [Jacco]
Resources pages is still looking for a volunteer
16:11:39 [Jacco]
Topic: XG UPDATES
16:12:22 [mhausenblas]
look at http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/WorkingGroup
16:12:49 [Jacco]
ACTION: All to make sure you have your homepage on the XG wiki (preferably in RDF) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/14-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]: CONTINUED
16:12:50 [Jacco]
action: Vassilis to send mail to the list requesting people to make a homepage on the wiki
16:13:30 [Jacco]
ACTION: Ovidio, Stamatia to review http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/MM/image_annotation.html beforemid October teleconf: Continued
16:14:32 [mhausenblas]
http://www.mindswap.org/2002/rdfconvert/
16:14:32 [Jacco]
Michael: Propose to agree upon one format, like N3 or TURTLE, but not RDF/XML
16:14:55 [Jacco]
Converting is easy, see url posted by Michael above
16:15:58 [alessio]
alessio has joined #mmsem
16:16:35 [Jacco]
We could also use Isaviz or something like this as the standard graph drawing
16:16:59 [Jacco]
PROPOSED: Use N3 as the standard format in all use cases: ACCEPTED
16:17:22 [Jacco]
PROPOSED: Use Isaviz as the standard format in all use cases: ACCEPTED
16:17:28 [alessio]
hi all, im'm in IRC bypassing a firewall by bluetooth connection
16:18:02 [Jacco]
No other comments on structure proposed by Vassilis
16:18:29 [Jacco]
See maillist at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Sep/0026.html
16:18:47 [Jacco]
ACTION: Vassilis to prepare structure for all use cases by next Monday, DONE
16:19:11 [Jacco]
ACTION: Vassilis et al to inform group by mail about the time table for this use case (Discussed later)
16:19:28 [Jacco]
ACTION: Patrizia and Massimo: report on similarities among use cases: CONTINUED
16:19:56 [Jacco]
Topic: 3.1 Music Use case: (Giovanni, Christian, Thierry)
16:19:58 [Jacco]
Postponed to next meeting
16:20:18 [Jacco]
Topic: 3.2 Bio-medical Image Use case: (Melliyal)
16:20:22 [Jacco]
Postponed to next meeting
16:20:49 [Jacco]
ACTION: Melli to set up a web demo for 28 September teleconf: Continued
16:21:11 [Jacco]
Topic: 3.3 MPEG-7 metadata interoperability Use case
16:22:03 [Jacco]
Vassilis: we need to solve interoperability problems caused by different MPEG-7 OWL version
16:22:27 [Jacco]
Michael and Vassilis plan to have a interoperable solution for next teleconf
16:22:43 [Jacco]
Authors should be Vassilis, Michael and Stamatia
16:22:57 [Jacco]
Topic: 3.4 Low level feature extraction Use case:
16:23:02 [Jacco]
Postponed to next meeting
16:23:24 [Jacco]
Topic: 3.5 Semantics from Multimedia Authoring Use Case
16:23:27 [Jacco]
3.5 Semantics from Multimedia Authoring Use case:
16:23:41 [Jacco]
Tagging use case
16:24:03 [Jacco]
George: we received our first review, this could be an example for other reviews
16:24:28 [Jacco]
We discussed the review and decided to work on the internal interoperability, work on a SKOS-based solution
16:24:49 [Jacco]
Reviews received by Stamatia and Michael
16:25:12 [Jacco]
ACTION: Michael and Stamatia to review tagging use case for next teleconf: DONE http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Tagging_Use_Case_Review
16:25:27 [Jacco]
Topic: 3.7 Algorithm representation Use case: (Massimo, Patrizia, Ovidio)
16:25:35 [Jacco]
Postponed to next meeting
16:25:45 [Jacco]
Topic 4. Future Meetings
16:26:08 [Jacco]
ACTION: chairs to set up questionnaire before next teleconf: Continued
16:26:29 [Jacco]
Topic: AOB
16:27:22 [Zakim]
-mhausenblas
16:27:22 [Jacco]
none
16:27:24 [Zakim]
-GeorgeAnadiotis
16:27:30 [Zakim]
-Jacco
16:27:51 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/10/02-mmsem-minutes.html Jacco
16:28:52 [Zakim]
-Vassilis
16:28:53 [Zakim]
INC_MMSEM()12:00PM has ended
16:28:55 [Zakim]
Attendees were mhausenblas, george, Jacco, GeorgeAnadiotis, Vassilis
17:01:20 [alessio]
alessio has left #mmsem
19:25:15 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mmsem