IRC log of ws-desc on 2006-09-28

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:57:44 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ws-desc
13:57:44 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-ws-desc-irc
13:57:53 [TonyR]
zakim, this will be wsdl
13:57:53 [Zakim]
ok, TonyR, I see WS_DescWG(WSDL)10:00AM already started
13:58:04 [TonyR]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:58:04 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P3
13:58:11 [TonyR]
zakim, ??is me
13:58:11 [Zakim]
I don't understand '??is me', TonyR
13:58:15 [TonyR]
zakim, ?? is me
13:58:15 [Zakim]
+TonyR; got it
14:04:54 [sanjiva]
sanjiva has joined #ws-desc
14:07:37 [Jonathan]
Arthur sent regrest
14:07:40 [Jonathan]
regrets
14:07:54 [TonyR]
oh dear - that is bad
14:11:15 [Zakim]
+Canon
14:12:38 [plh]
plh has joined #ws-desc
14:13:28 [Zakim]
+Plh
14:14:50 [Zakim]
+Jonathan_Marsh
14:18:59 [youenn]
youenn has joined #ws-desc
14:22:33 [plh]
(location: Rennes. 14-18 November)
14:26:23 [plh]
confirmed for 14-17
14:26:32 [plh]
18, waiting for Youenn
14:27:44 [youenn]
http://www.mont-saint-michel.net/
14:27:44 [plh]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Michael%27s_Mount
14:28:33 [youenn]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mont_Saint_Michel
14:33:01 [Zakim]
-Plh
14:33:03 [Zakim]
-Canon
14:33:04 [Zakim]
-Jonathan_Marsh
14:33:06 [Zakim]
-TonyR
14:33:08 [Zakim]
WS_DescWG(WSDL)10:00AM has ended
14:33:09 [Zakim]
Attendees were TonyR, Canon, Plh, Jonathan_Marsh
14:33:38 [TonyR]
zakim, this will be ws-desc
14:33:38 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled near this time, TonyR
14:33:50 [TonyR]
zakim, this will be wsdwg
14:33:50 [Zakim]
ok, TonyR; I see WS_DescWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 27 minutes
14:50:47 [alewis]
alewis has joined #ws-desc
14:57:08 [charlton]
charlton has joined #ws-desc
14:57:09 [charltonb]
charltonb has joined #ws-desc
14:58:39 [Zakim]
WS_DescWG()11:00AM has now started
14:58:46 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:58:53 [charltonb]
charltonb has left #ws-desc
14:59:29 [charlton]
Zakim, [IPcaller] is charlton
14:59:29 [Zakim]
+charlton; got it
14:59:31 [Vivek]
Vivek has joined #ws-desc
15:00:07 [Zakim]
+Jonathan_Marsh
15:00:10 [Zakim]
-charlton
15:00:12 [Zakim]
+charlton
15:00:14 [Zakim]
+??P20
15:00:20 [TonyR]
zakim, ?? is me
15:00:20 [Zakim]
+TonyR; got it
15:00:28 [Zakim]
+Vivek_Pandey
15:00:32 [TonyR]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:00:32 [Zakim]
On the phone I see charlton, Jonathan_Marsh, TonyR, Vivek_Pandey
15:00:50 [Allen]
Allen has joined #ws-desc
15:01:34 [Zakim]
+Tom_Jordahl
15:01:45 [TomJ]
TomJ has joined #ws-desc
15:01:58 [Zakim]
+Plh
15:02:13 [Zakim]
+Amelia_Lewis
15:02:33 [pauld]
pauld has joined #ws-desc
15:02:55 [Zakim]
+Gilbert_Pilz
15:02:59 [Zakim]
+??P33
15:03:05 [Allen]
zakim, ??P33 is Allen
15:03:05 [Zakim]
+Allen; got it
15:03:16 [gpilz]
gpilz has joined #ws-desc
15:05:10 [JacekK]
JacekK has joined #ws-desc
15:05:48 [Zakim]
+JacekK
15:07:16 [TomJ]
Scribe: Tom Jordahl
15:07:20 [TomJ]
Scribe: TomJ
15:07:38 [TomJ]
Topic: Approval of minutes
15:07:47 [Zakim]
+GlenD
15:07:58 [TomJ]
no comments or corrections to minutes of last week - APPROVED
15:08:05 [TomJ]
Topic: Action Items
15:08:18 [GlenD]
GlenD has joined #ws-desc
15:09:21 [TomJ]
discussion about Glens action item
15:09:24 [Zakim]
+Canon
15:09:57 [Roberto]
Roberto has joined #ws-desc
15:10:32 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Chinnici
15:10:45 [Zakim]
+Paul_Downey
15:11:35 [TomJ]
Jonathan completed his
15:11:46 [TomJ]
Retiring MEP usage item for all
15:11:59 [TomJ]
Topic: Administrivia
15:12:17 [jjm]
jjm has joined #ws-desc
15:12:36 [TomJ]
Jonathan: Implementors meeting report - Renn for interop, Nov 14-18, 2006
15:13:26 [TomJ]
Jonathan: 9-12 participants, possible problem with location on Sat the 18th
15:15:06 [TomJ]
Jonathan: not as much progress as we want, so hope that interop will move things along
15:15:18 [TomJ]
Topic: Future telcons
15:15:49 [TomJ]
Agenda is getting short, next week - yes. But other weeks as "as needed"
15:15:58 [TomJ]
Implementors calls will continue weekly
15:16:14 [TomJ]
Topic: Features "at risk"
15:16:21 [TomJ]
Continued from last week
15:16:37 [TomJ]
Features and Properties
15:17:16 [TomJ]
Jonathan: Where are we at? MTOM might be a user, any progress on that?
15:18:39 [TomJ]
might be able to extend SOAP module to include MTOM
15:19:06 [TomJ]
Glen: SOAP module without properties isn't very useful
15:20:49 [TomJ]
Jonathan: should this be a seperate issue?
15:21:38 [TomJ]
Glen: SOAP module today relies on F&P. So we need to either remove it, explain that config isn't in WSDL, or create a new config method
15:22:27 [TomJ]
Glen: module syntax without properties isn't really worth keeping
15:22:42 [TomJ]
Jonathan: SOAP module was marked at risk...
15:22:47 [TomJ]
s/was/was NOT/
15:23:39 [TomJ]
Jonathan: What about original MTOM issue?
15:24:06 [TomJ]
Youenn: could reuse the policy syntax
15:26:06 [TomJ]
discussion about how we can enhance the MTOM syntax
15:27:18 [TomJ]
ominous silence as we think about leaving F&P in or hacking up other parts of the spec
15:28:19 [TomJ]
Jonathan: If we remove F&P, we will need a proposal on how to handle MTOM
15:31:22 [pauld]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-wsdl20-primer-20060327/#adv-MTOM
15:31:50 [TomJ]
Jonathan: Does the removal of F&P depend on replacing the ability to engage MTOM
15:32:07 [TomJ]
Glen: I would like to see that done
15:32:59 [TomJ]
jjm: I would like to see a proposal first
15:33:20 [TomJ]
Any voluteers for a creating a proposal?
15:33:38 [pauld]
<usingMTOM xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/soap/features/http-optimization">{true|false}</usingMTOM>
15:35:02 [TomJ]
Youenn: will try, but on vacation next week
15:35:42 [TomJ]
ACTION: Youenn to propose an alternative syntax for MTOM if F&P is removed
15:36:21 [TomJ]
Topic: Features "at risk" - URI replacement in HTTP
15:36:57 [TomJ]
Jonathan: functionality of URI replace at risk, but no evidence that it will be any less implemented than the rest of the binding.
15:37:19 [TomJ]
Jonathan: Going to remove this from the agenda for now.
15:37:44 [TomJ]
Still begs the question if we will get any HTTP biding implemented
15:37:58 [TomJ]
Topic: Features "at risk" - "extra" MEPS
15:38:21 [TomJ]
Jonathan; We talked about this last week, any further thoughts on removing them?
15:38:50 [TomJ]
concesus seems to still be to remove them
15:39:16 [TomJ]
Jonathan: Any objection to letting the editors factor out a Note with the MEPS?
15:39:30 [TomJ]
Amy volunteers to do the work
15:39:49 [TomJ]
Topic: RDS last call issues
15:40:13 [TonyR]
zakim, who is making noise?
15:40:23 [Zakim]
TonyR, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: 14 (67%), Jonathan_Marsh (76%), JacekK (4%), GlenD (4%)
15:40:35 [TomJ]
ACTION: Editors to factor the "extra" MEPS out of the specification (Part 2) and make a new NOTE
15:41:40 [TomJ]
s/RDS/RDF/
15:42:12 [TomJ]
Issue 289 - what kind of documents do we want to publish?
15:43:18 [TomJ]
Jack: handle that last
15:43:35 [TomJ]
Issue 291 - Connicalized (C14n) should be used.
15:43:42 [TomJ]
Jack: Yes
15:44:06 [TomJ]
Issue 292 - more c14n
15:44:16 [TomJ]
Jack: Yes, example in email.
15:44:20 [TonyR]
s/Connicalized/Canonicalized/
15:45:27 [TomJ]
Issue 293 - clarify the normitive text
15:45:53 [TomJ]
issue 294 - Class of products
15:46:09 [TomJ]
Jack: well will add some more info to the text
15:46:29 [TomJ]
issue 295 - RFC 2119 keywords
15:46:52 [charlton]
s/normitive/normative
15:47:28 [TomJ]
Jack: will soften or capitalize the text as appropriate
15:48:17 [TomJ]
Issue 296 - no conformance section
15:48:57 [TomJ]
Jack: doesn't seem necessary for a conformance section, we will add text to calrify
15:49:25 [TomJ]
Jonathan: wouldn't someone say they conform to the RDF spec?
15:49:42 [TomJ]
Jack: well, maybe. We can add something
15:50:12 [Jonathan]
ACTION: Marsh to suggest some generic conformance text
15:50:59 [TomJ]
Issue 297 - Generic Extension Mechanism
15:51:27 [TomJ]
Jack: Not sure what the issue is, will contact to get clarification
15:51:52 [TomJ]
ACTION: Jack to follow up with Karl Dubost to get info about RDF issue 297
15:52:30 [TomJ]
Issue 298 - Editorial
15:52:45 [TomJ]
Jack: will take them under advisement
15:53:43 [TomJ]
RESOLUTION: Close RDF issues 291-298 with actions as discussed
15:53:56 [TomJ]
RESOLVED: Close RDF issues 291-298 with actions as discussed
15:54:22 [TomJ]
Jonathan: When so you expect to have these edits done?
15:54:45 [TomJ]
Jack: End of October seems like a good target for next draft (or LC)
15:56:03 [TomJ]
Topic: CR64 - WSDL 2.0 primer CR comments
15:56:53 [pauld]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR064
15:57:27 [TomJ]
Editorial comments - refer them to the editors
15:58:38 [TomJ]
RESOLVED: CR64 is sent to the editors
16:00:14 [TomJ]
Topic: CR65 - More WSDL 2.0 primer CR comments
16:00:30 [TomJ]
RESOLVED: Close and send to the editors as CR64
16:01:04 [TomJ]
Topic: Issue CR078 - XML Schema requires a type in addition to name to
16:01:14 [TomJ]
s/to/to XML Schema requires a type in addition to name to
16:01:16 [pauld]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR078
16:02:43 [TomJ]
Amy: Not convinced we need to do anything to advance this use case.
16:03:18 [TomJ]
Amy: don't see an easily portable way to deal with one particular Schema language
16:06:48 [TomJ]
Jonathan: Proposal to close with now action
16:06:52 [TomJ]
s/now/no/
16:06:59 [TomJ]
Any objections?
16:07:21 [TomJ]
No objections
16:07:50 [TomJ]
RESOLVED: Close CR78 with no action, Jonathan to compose a reply with details
16:08:16 [TomJ]
Skip CR80
16:08:41 [TomJ]
Topic: Issue CR21 - WSDL operation safety
16:09:02 [TomJ]
Issue from the TAG, take a look at it once we are much closer to interop.
16:09:10 [TomJ]
No other business?
16:09:11 [charlton]
lets adjourn :-)
16:09:23 [TomJ]
Adjourned
16:09:30 [Zakim]
-Gilbert_Pilz
16:09:32 [Zakim]
-Jonathan_Marsh
16:09:33 [Zakim]
-Plh
16:09:34 [Zakim]
-Canon
16:09:36 [Zakim]
-JacekK
16:09:37 [Zakim]
-GlenD
16:09:38 [pauld]
regrets for next week, at a F2F
16:09:38 [Zakim]
-Allen
16:09:39 [Zakim]
-Amelia_Lewis
16:09:40 [Zakim]
-Roberto
16:09:42 [Zakim]
-TonyR
16:09:43 [Zakim]
-Vivek_Pandey
16:09:45 [Zakim]
-Tom_Jordahl
16:09:47 [Zakim]
-Paul_Downey
16:09:58 [Zakim]
-charlton
16:09:59 [Zakim]
WS_DescWG()11:00AM has ended
16:10:00 [pauld]
pauld has left #ws-desc
16:10:01 [Zakim]
Attendees were charlton, Jonathan_Marsh, TonyR, Vivek_Pandey, Tom_Jordahl, Plh, Amelia_Lewis, Gilbert_Pilz, Allen, JacekK, GlenD, Canon, Roberto, Paul_Downey
16:11:23 [alewis]
alewis has left #ws-desc
16:12:08 [TomJ]
TomJ has left #ws-desc
16:16:04 [TonyR]
TonyR has left #ws-desc
16:53:32 [Jonathan]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:53:32 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-ws-desc-minutes.html Jonathan
16:53:51 [Jonathan]
RRSAgent, set log world
16:53:57 [Jonathan]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:53:57 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-ws-desc-minutes.html Jonathan
16:54:31 [Jonathan]
Meeting: WS Description WG telcon
16:54:36 [Jonathan]
Chair: Jonathan
16:55:37 [Jonathan]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:55:37 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-ws-desc-minutes.html Jonathan
17:01:27 [plh]
plh has left #ws-desc
17:56:07 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ws-desc