IRC log of wai-wcag on 2006-09-14

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:44:08 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:44:08 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/09/14-wai-wcag-irc
19:44:15 [ben]
RRSAgent, do not start a new log
19:44:25 [ben]
RRSAgent, make log world
19:44:32 [ben]
zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
19:44:32 [Zakim]
ok, ben; I see WAI_WCAG()3:00PM scheduled to start 44 minutes ago
19:44:41 [ben]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Telecon
19:45:01 [ben]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2006JulSep/0215.html
19:45:06 [ben]
Chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden, Loretta_Guarino_Reid
19:45:11 [ben]
ScribeOptions: -scribeOnly
19:45:20 [ben]
Regrets: Sorcha_Moore, Tim_Boland
19:45:29 [ben]
agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
19:45:44 [ben]
agenda+ Team C Survey <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20060914-teamc/>
19:45:52 [ben]
agenda+ Team B Survey <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/teamb09142006/>
19:45:57 [ben]
agenda+ EDITORZ Survey <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20060914editorz/>
19:46:05 [ben]
agenda+ Baseline how to handle extensions and unsupported components
19:46:12 [ben]
agenda+ Web sets and Web units
19:52:56 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #wai-wcag
19:54:41 [David]
David has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:17 [rellero_]
rellero_ has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:24 [Gez]
Gez has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:30 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
19:59:37 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
19:59:45 [Zakim]
+Don_Evans
20:00:07 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:23 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:00:36 [Zakim]
+??P4
20:00:43 [ben]
zakim, ??P4 is Ben_and_Gregg
20:00:43 [Zakim]
+Ben_and_Gregg; got it
20:00:45 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.a]
20:00:59 [ben]
zakim, [IPcaller.a is Don_Evans
20:00:59 [Zakim]
+Don_Evans; got it
20:01:05 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:01:05 [Zakim]
On the phone I see David_MacDonald, Don_Evans, [IPcaller], Ben_and_Gregg, Don_Evans.a
20:01:12 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic
20:01:18 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow_Weaver
20:01:23 [bengt]
ben the .a is me
20:01:36 [Zakim]
+Judy
20:01:39 [judy]
judy has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:39 [ben]
zakim, [IPcaller] is David_MacDonald
20:01:39 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald; got it
20:01:42 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
20:01:45 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:45 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:50 [ben]
zakim, Don_Evans.a is Bengt_Farre
20:01:50 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
20:01:57 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:01:57 [Zakim]
On the phone I see David_MacDonald, Don_Evans, David_MacDonald.a, Ben_and_Gregg, Bengt_Farre, Sofia_Celic (muted), Andi_Snow_Weaver, Judy, Christophe_Strobbe
20:02:03 [bengt]
ben ?? David already in list
20:02:15 [Zakim]
+Becky_Gibson
20:02:17 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
20:02:18 [Zakim]
+Cooper
20:02:23 [bengt]
zakim I am Bengt_Farre
20:02:32 [bengt]
zakim, I am Bengt_Farre
20:02:32 [Zakim]
ok, bengt, I now associate you with Bengt_Farre
20:02:34 [becka11y]
becka11y has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:39 [bengt]
zakim, mute me
20:02:39 [Zakim]
Bengt_Farre should now be muted
20:02:52 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:02:57 [bengt]
no one screamed test ?
20:02:57 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:03:27 [Michael]
zakim, drop David_MacDonald
20:03:27 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald is being disconnected
20:03:28 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
20:03:40 [bengt]
no that was him
20:03:42 [don]
don has joined #wai-wcag
20:03:46 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
20:03:48 [becka11y]
zakim, I am Becky_Gibson
20:03:48 [Zakim]
ok, becka11y, I now associate you with Becky_Gibson
20:03:54 [Michael]
zakim, drop David_MacDonald.a
20:03:54 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald.a is being disconnected
20:03:55 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald.a
20:04:02 [Michael]
David, call back in
20:04:16 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:04:34 [Zakim]
+??P2
20:04:36 [ben]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Gez_Lemon
20:04:36 [Zakim]
+Gez_Lemon; got it
20:04:45 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
20:04:46 [ben]
zakim, ??P2 is Cynthia_Shelly
20:04:47 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly; got it
20:05:08 [Makoto]
Makoto has joined #wai-wcag
20:05:44 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 1
20:05:44 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Announcements, Questions, and Updates" taken up [from ben]
20:06:13 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:06:23 [ben]
scribe: becka11y
20:07:30 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:07:49 [rellero_]
Zakim, [IPcaller] is Roberto_Ellero
20:07:49 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
20:07:51 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:07:54 [Makoto]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Makoto_Ueki
20:07:54 [Zakim]
+Makoto_Ueki; got it
20:07:57 [rellero_]
Zakim, mute Roberto_Ellero
20:07:57 [Zakim]
Roberto_Ellero should now be muted
20:08:01 [judy]
zakim, who's making noise?
20:08:02 [David]
zakim, mute roberto
20:08:02 [Zakim]
Roberto_Ellero was already muted, David
20:08:14 [Zakim]
judy, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Ben_and_Gregg (55%), Katie_Haritos-Shea (4%), Makoto_Ueki (39%)
20:08:29 [Makoto]
zakim, mute me
20:08:29 [Zakim]
Makoto_Ueki should now be muted
20:09:35 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:09:35 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Don_Evans, Ben_and_Gregg, Bengt_Farre (muted), Sofia_Celic (muted), Andi_Snow_Weaver, Judy, Christophe_Strobbe, Becky_Gibson, Alex_Li, Cooper, Bruce_Bailey,
20:09:38 [Zakim]
... Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Gez_Lemon, Cynthia_Shelly, David_MacDonald, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Roberto_Ellero (muted), Makoto_Ueki (muted)
20:10:41 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
20:11:00 [rellero__]
rellero__ has joined #wai-wcag
20:11:16 [becka11y]
Topic: Announcements
20:11:42 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:12:02 [rellero__]
Zakim, [IPcaller] is Roberto_Ellero
20:12:02 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
20:12:10 [ben]
zakim, mute Roberto_E
20:12:10 [Zakim]
Roberto_Ellero should now be muted
20:12:11 [rellero__]
Zakim, mute Roberto_Ellero
20:12:11 [Zakim]
Roberto_Ellero was already muted, rellero__
20:12:50 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:12:57 [becka11y]
discussion of possible face to face for drafting responses or creating a drafting task force
20:13:42 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:14:16 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:15:16 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:15:37 [ben]
zakim, close this item
20:15:37 [Zakim]
agendum 1 closed
20:15:38 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
20:15:39 [Zakim]
2. Team C Survey <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20060914-teamc/> [from ben]
20:15:57 [ben]
Team C: LC-634
20:16:03 [ben]
Team B: LC-1254
20:16:09 [ben]
Editorz: LC-1044, LC-1008, LC-1489, LC-1490, LC-1491, LC-1495, LC-1496, LC-1497, LC-1498, LC-1502, LC-1503, LC-1509, LC-1511
20:16:23 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:16:38 [Christophe]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20060914editorz/results
20:17:21 [becka11y]
Resolution: Accept all the the responses that were unanimous with "close as proposed": Team C: LC-634
20:17:21 [becka11y]
Team B: LC-1254 Editorz: LC-1044, LC-1008, LC-1489, LC-1490, LC-1491, LC-1495, LC-1496, LC-1497, LC-1498, LC-1502, LC-1503, LC-1509, LC-1511
20:17:27 [Ryladog]
Ryladog has joined #wai-wcag
20:17:30 [ben]
zakim, close this item
20:17:30 [Zakim]
I do not know what agendum had been taken up, ben
20:17:37 [ben]
agenda?
20:17:45 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 4
20:17:48 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "EDITORZ Survey <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20060914editorz/>" taken up [from ben]
20:17:55 [becka11y]
Topic: LC-870
20:18:05 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:20:21 [becka11y]
Resolution: accept 870 as ammended with suggestion from Andi.
20:20:49 [becka11y]
Topic: 1488
20:24:08 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:24:20 [becka11y]
Resolution: close 1488 as ammended. Add sentence from Christophe's response about there not being a consistent definition of acronym and initialism.
20:24:47 [becka11y]
Topic: 1500
20:27:05 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:28:08 [bengt]
see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_Esperanto_speakers
20:29:40 [ben]
ack Kat
20:30:31 [ben]
ack Cyn
20:32:20 [Gregg]
q ?
20:32:35 [Loretta]
q
20:34:07 [judy]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language#Human_languages
20:38:33 [becka11y]
Resolution: accept 1500 as ammended: languages whose rules have evolved through usage within human communities and which are used by humans to communicate with each other including spoken, written, and signed languages
20:38:56 [becka11y]
Action: Gregg and Christophe to research whether we should be using the term Natual language or human language int he document.
20:39:29 [becka11y]
zakim, take up agendum 2
20:39:29 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Team C Survey <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20060914-teamc/>" taken up [from ben]
20:39:39 [becka11y]
Topic: 938
20:41:08 [Christophe]
zakim, mute me
20:41:08 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should now be muted
20:41:33 [becka11y]
Resolution: accept 938 as ammended.
20:41:49 [becka11y]
Topic: 1057
20:47:46 [becka11y]
resolution: Return 1057 to team C. Put the results of the survey into the issue; draft a proposal based on the survey results; also tag the issue as "cognitive" and put on hold.
20:51:37 [Loretta]
q+
20:53:34 [Gregg]
ack l
20:53:55 [Gregg]
ack a
20:54:30 [Loretta]
q+
20:54:42 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:55:07 [Gregg]
q +
20:55:10 [Gregg]
q+
20:55:42 [becka11y]
Topic: 1073
20:56:05 [becka11y]
q+
20:56:37 [Gregg]
ack l
20:56:39 [Gregg]
ack g
20:56:42 [Gregg]
ack b
20:56:47 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:57:56 [Gregg]
ack a
20:58:51 [becka11y]
resolution: return 1073 to team C to create the proposed failure technique.
20:59:00 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:59:07 [Zakim]
-Don_Evans
20:59:15 [becka11y]
zakim, take up agendum 3
20:59:15 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Team B Survey <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/teamb09142006/>" taken up [from ben]
20:59:36 [ben]
zakim, close this item
20:59:36 [Zakim]
agendum 3 closed
20:59:37 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
20:59:38 [Zakim]
2. Team C Survey <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20060914-teamc/> [from ben]
21:00:51 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 3
21:00:51 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Team B Survey <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/teamb09142006/>" taken up [from ben]
21:01:25 [becka11y]
Topic: link text (Issue LC-497, Issue LC-510, Issue LC-573, Issue LC-713, Issue LC-1110, Issue LC-1142, and Issue LC-1290 )
21:03:50 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:06:51 [Loretta]
q+
21:09:21 [Gregg]
ack l
21:24:00 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
21:24:49 [becka11y]
q+
21:27:20 [becka11y]
ack bec
21:35:20 [becka11y]
Resolution: refer link text issues back to team B with the understanding that Ben's format will be used for the definition and the 2.4.8 supplemental language gets worked out and Loretta and David work out the link focus issue for 2.4.4. Accept the rest of the resolution as proposed pending resolution of the previously stated items.
21:35:51 [becka11y]
Topic: 514 & 515
21:37:15 [becka11y]
Resolution: put 514 and 515 on hold pending resolution of web unit issues.
21:37:57 [becka11y]
Topic: Issue LC-581, Issue LC-606, and Issue LC-1128
21:38:54 [becka11y]
Resolution: accept Issue LC-581, Issue LC-606, and Issue LC-1128 as ammended (changing one of the duplicate uses of context back to content)
21:39:18 [becka11y]
Topic: 607
21:42:31 [becka11y]
Resolution: accept 607 as ammended (per suggestions from David and Becky in survey)
21:42:51 [becka11y]
Topic: 710
21:43:51 [becka11y]
Resolution: accept 710 as ammended with Ben's suggestion from the survey.
21:44:09 [becka11y]
Topic: Issue LC-746, Issue LC-1106 and Issue LC-1107
21:45:23 [Christophe]
zakim, unmute me
21:45:23 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should no longer be muted
21:47:36 [becka11y]
resolution: accept Issue LC-746, Issue LC-1106 and Issue LC-1107 as modified to add "web unit" at the end.
21:47:57 [becka11y]
Topic: 981
21:48:22 [ben_]
ben_ has joined #wai-wcag
21:51:18 [becka11y]
resolution: accept issue 981 as ammended by Andi (Keep current SC wording but replace the word "cause" with "initiate".)
21:51:38 [becka11y]
Topic: 1133
21:54:54 [becka11y]
Resolution: accept 1133 as proposed.
21:55:08 [becka11y]
Action: David to work on failure examples for 3.2.3.
21:55:37 [becka11y]
Topic: 1375
21:56:31 [becka11y]
Resolution: accept 1375 as ammended (by Christophe in the survey)
21:57:07 [becka11y]
Topic: 1325
21:57:29 [becka11y]
Resolution: accept 1325 as ammeded (by Christophe in the survey)
22:03:16 [Michael]
q+
22:03:31 [Gregg]
ack m
22:03:36 [becka11y]
Topic: brief discussion of baseline
22:03:59 [becka11y]
Topic: brief discussion of need for face to face or drafting task force
22:04:54 [Zakim]
-Makoto_Ueki
22:05:44 [Gregg]
ack c
22:05:47 [Gregg]
ack b
22:07:32 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
22:08:24 [bengt]
anyone for europe ?
22:08:53 [Gez]
* +1 for europe
22:09:08 [bengt]
3 votes for europe !
22:09:18 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
22:12:02 [judy]
judy has left #wai-wcag
22:12:49 [ben_]
Present: Don_Evans, Ben_Caldwell, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Bengt_Farre, Sofia_Celic, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Judy_Brewer, Christophe_Strobbe, Becky_Gibson, Alex_Li, Michael_Cooper, Bruce_Bailey, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Gez_Lemon, Cynthia_Shelly, David_MacDonald, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Roberto_Ellero, Makoto_Ueki
22:15:02 [Zakim]
-Cooper
22:15:03 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
22:15:04 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
22:15:06 [Zakim]
-Gez_Lemon
22:15:07 [Zakim]
-Judy
22:15:07 [Zakim]
-Becky_Gibson
22:15:08 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
22:15:08 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow_Weaver
22:15:10 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
22:15:11 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
22:15:13 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
22:15:15 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:15:16 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
22:15:17 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
22:15:19 [Zakim]
Attendees were David_MacDonald, Don_Evans, Ben_and_Gregg, Sofia_Celic, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Judy, Christophe_Strobbe, Bengt_Farre, Becky_Gibson, Alex_Li, Cooper, Bruce_Bailey,
22:15:22 [Zakim]
... Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Gez_Lemon, Cynthia_Shelly, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Roberto_Ellero, Makoto_Ueki
22:16:01 [ben_]
RRSAgent, pointer?
22:16:01 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2006/09/14-wai-wcag-irc#T22-16-01
22:24:24 [ben_]
RRSAgent, bye
22:24:24 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/14-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
22:24:24 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg and Christophe to research whether we should be using the term Natual language or human language int he document. [1]
22:24:24 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/14-wai-wcag-irc#T20-38-56
22:24:24 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: David to work on failure examples for 3.2.3. [2]
22:24:24 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/14-wai-wcag-irc#T21-55-08