IRC log of grddl-wg on 2006-09-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:58:34 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #grddl-wg
14:58:34 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/09/13-grddl-wg-irc
14:58:55 [ericP]
Zakim, who is here?
14:58:56 [Zakim]
sorry, ericP, I don't know what conference this is
14:58:57 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, ericP, Zakim, briansuda, FabienGandon, chimezie, DanC
14:59:05 [ericP]
zakim, this will be grddl
14:59:05 [Zakim]
ok, ericP; I see SW_GRDDL()11:00AM scheduled to start in 1 minute
14:59:19 [Zakim]
SW_GRDDL()11:00AM has now started
14:59:26 [Zakim]
+Chimezie_Ogbuji
14:59:46 [chimezie]
ericP: I believe we do
14:59:49 [Zakim]
+??P10
15:00:01 [ericP]
zakim, ??P10 is me
15:00:01 [Zakim]
+ericP; got it
15:00:33 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:00:41 [briansuda]
that's briansuda
15:00:54 [ericP]
zakim, IPcaller is briansuda
15:00:54 [Zakim]
+briansuda; got it
15:01:08 [chimezie]
Zakim, read agenda from http://www.ibiblio.org/hhalpin/homepage/notes/weekly-agenda.html
15:01:08 [Zakim]
working on it, chimezie
15:01:10 [Zakim]
done reading agenda, chimezie
15:01:26 [Zakim]
+??P14
15:01:41 [Zakim]
+FabienGandon
15:02:03 [ericP]
zakim, ??P14 is Harry
15:02:03 [Zakim]
+Harry; got it
15:03:03 [chimezie]
Regrets: danja
15:03:09 [chimezie]
Regrets: BenA
15:03:16 [chimezie]
Regrets: Murray
15:03:31 [chimezie]
Regrets: DanC
15:03:49 [chimezie]
Regrets: Ryager
15:04:57 [chimezie]
Scribe: chimezie
15:05:03 [chimezie]
Zakim, take up item 1
15:05:04 [Zakim]
I see nothing on the agenda
15:05:39 [chimezie]
PROPOSED: Approve previous minutes
15:06:06 [iand]
iand has joined #grddl-wg
15:06:57 [ericP]
http://research.talis.com/2006/grddl-wg/primer.html#introduction
15:07:26 [Zakim]
+ +21717aaaa
15:07:46 [iand]
Zakim, aaaa is iand
15:07:46 [Zakim]
+iand; got it
15:08:10 [chimezie]
RESOLVED: http://www.ibiblio.org/hhalpin/homepage/notes/Sep06-grddl-wg-minutes.htm is approved
15:09:10 [chimezie]
iand: integrated various input into Primer
15:09:37 [chimezie]
briansuda: possibly remove references to SPARQL?
15:10:08 [Zakim]
+Rachel_Yager
15:10:13 [ryager]
ryager has joined #grddl-wg
15:11:52 [chimezie]
FabienGandon: no problem with two SPARQL queries in primer. but generally concerned with references to SPARQL
15:13:05 [chimezie]
ericP: is POX (Plain Old XML) a common acronym?
15:14:44 [FabienGandon]
extract from use case is "the Atom Publishing Protocol's use of HTTP and POX (Plain Old XML) as the primary remote messaging mechanism "
15:15:35 [chimezie]
ericP: better to say 'single-purpose XML vocabulary' than POX
15:16:15 [FabienGandon]
+q to propose an RDFa section http://www-sop.inria.fr/acacia/personnel/Fabien.Gandon/tmp/grddl/rdfaprimer/PrimerRDFaSection.html
15:18:29 [FabienGandon]
q+ to propose an RDFa section http://www-sop.inria.fr/acacia/personnel/Fabien.Gandon/tmp/grddl/rdfaprimer/PrimerRDFaSection.html
15:18:36 [chimezie]
ACTION: iand, Fabien to change wording of POX to 'single-purpose XML vocabulary' or something similar
15:19:51 [chimezie]
Harry: is okay with going with usecase document and primer now and spec later
15:20:52 [FabienGandon]
pointer is http://www-sop.inria.fr/acacia/personnel/Fabien.Gandon/tmp/grddl/rdfaprimer/PrimerRDFaSection.html
15:21:16 [chimezie]
Harry: is the output RDF syntax or embedded RDFa?
15:21:32 [chimezie]
FabienGandon: RDFa is the input and RDF comes out
15:22:26 [chimezie]
iand: concerned with length of primer
15:22:46 [chimezie]
iand: concerned about RDFa not being finalized
15:23:15 [iand]
e.g syntax like <link rel="rdf:type" href="[foaf:Person]" />
15:25:08 [chimezie]
Harry: it's in our scope and need to at least mention it (perhaps not in primer)
15:25:17 [chimezie]
iand: rework examples to avoide the moving target
15:26:00 [chimezie]
Harry: table RDFa from primer at least
15:26:15 [chimezie]
FabienGandon: agrees proposes to submit to rdf-in-xhtml
15:28:08 [FabienGandon]
ACTION: Fabien to submit to the RDFa example to rdf-in-xhtml
15:28:19 [chimezie]
ACTION: iand to remove references to RDFa from primer
15:30:23 [chimezie]
FabienGandon: not clear on technical solution to usecase 7
15:30:34 [Zakim]
-Harry
15:31:20 [FabienGandon]
Use case 7: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/doc43/scenario-gallery.htm#use_case_7
15:33:10 [chimezie]
ericP: 'lifting and lowering' - markup in XML schema to accomodate transformation between XML & RDF
15:33:50 [chimezie]
RDAL: http://www.w3.org/2004/02/03-rdal/
15:35:33 [Zakim]
+??P0
15:36:01 [chimezie]
Zakim, ??P0 is ericP
15:36:01 [Zakim]
+ericP; got it
15:36:06 [chimezie]
Zakim, ??P0 is HarryH
15:36:06 [Zakim]
I already had ??P0 as ericP.a, chimezie
15:40:52 [chimezie]
chimezie: isn't this currently out of scope of the current GRDDL mechanism?
15:43:30 [chimezie]
ericP: mandatory attribute
15:45:32 [chimezie]
HarryH: good practice for RDDL-in-GRDDL but in distant future..
15:47:14 [chimezie]
HarryH: shouldn't include usecase 7
15:49:39 [chimezie]
HarryH: RDFa as output shouldn't be included w/out concensus
15:51:34 [Zakim]
-iand
15:52:41 [chimezie]
Fabien, could you put your ACTION item, I didn't get the details?
15:52:46 [FabienGandon]
ACTION: Fabien to open two threads on the two issues "RDFa production" and "XML Schema technical production"
15:54:02 [FabienGandon]
ACTION: Ryager to review the Use Cases for next week
15:57:15 [Zakim]
-Rachel_Yager
15:57:32 [Zakim]
-Chimezie_Ogbuji
15:57:35 [Zakim]
-ericP.a
15:57:41 [Zakim]
-ericP
15:57:42 [Zakim]
-briansuda
15:57:48 [Zakim]
-FabienGandon
15:57:49 [Zakim]
SW_GRDDL()11:00AM has ended
15:57:50 [Zakim]
Attendees were Chimezie_Ogbuji, ericP, briansuda, FabienGandon, Harry, +21717aaaa, iand, Rachel_Yager
15:58:17 [chimezie]
okay, let me see if i remember how to wrap this up
15:58:27 [chimezie]
RRSAgent, list actions
15:58:27 [RRSAgent]
I see 5 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/13-grddl-wg-actions.rdf :
15:58:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: iand, Fabien to change wording of POX to 'single-purpose XML vocabulary' or something similar [1]
15:58:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/13-grddl-wg-irc#T15-18-36
15:58:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Fabien to submit to the RDFa example to rdf-in-xhtml [2]
15:58:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/13-grddl-wg-irc#T15-28-08
15:58:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: iand to remove references to RDFa from primer [3]
15:58:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/13-grddl-wg-irc#T15-28-19
15:58:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Fabien to open two threads on the two issues "RDFa production" and "XML Schema technical production" [4]
15:58:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/13-grddl-wg-irc#T15-52-46
15:58:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ryager to review the Use Cases for next week [5]
15:58:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/13-grddl-wg-irc#T15-54-02
15:59:30 [chimezie]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
15:59:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/09/13-grddl-wg-minutes.html chimezie
16:02:35 [chimezie]
rssagent, draft minutes
16:05:06 [FabienGandon]
chimezie, eric, http://www.w3.org/2006/09/13-grddl-wg-minutes.html is still forbidden can you make it public?
16:07:04 [FabienGandon]
rrsagent, please make these logs public
16:08:09 [chimezie]
ahh.. thx
16:08:38 [chimezie]
Zakim, bye
16:08:39 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #grddl-wg
16:08:50 [chimezie]
rssagent, bye
16:09:05 [chimezie]
RSSAgent, bye
16:32:29 [briansuda]
briansuda has joined #grddl-wg