IRC log of wai-wcag on 2006-09-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:13:32 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:13:32 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/09/07-wai-wcag-irc
19:13:39 [ben]
RRSAgent, do not start a new log
19:13:46 [ben]
RRSAgent, make log world
19:13:53 [ben]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Telecon
19:14:07 [ben]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2006JulSep/0183.html
19:14:14 [ben]
Chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden, Loretta_Guarino_Reid
19:14:19 [ben]
ScribeOptions: -scribeOnly
19:14:26 [ben]
Regrets: Becky_Gibson, Alex_Li, Sorcha_Moore, Gez_Lemon
19:14:31 [ben]
agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
19:14:36 [ben]
agenda+ Team B Survey
19:14:41 [ben]
agenda+ Team C Survey
19:14:46 [ben]
agenda+ Baseline
19:14:51 [ben]
agenda+ Web sets and Web units
19:15:31 [ben]
zakim, ping me in 30 minutes
19:15:31 [Zakim]
ok, ben
19:15:54 [ben]
zakim, list conferences
19:15:54 [Zakim]
I see WAI_EOWG(UMTF)2:00PM, XML_QueryWG(ttf)3:00PM active
19:15:56 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are WAI_UAWG()2:00PM, WAI_WCAG()3:00PM
19:16:00 [ben]
zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
19:16:00 [Zakim]
ok, ben; I see WAI_WCAG()3:00PM scheduled to start 16 minutes ago
19:16:44 [ben]
rrsagent, pointer?
19:16:44 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2006/09/07-wai-wcag-irc#T19-16-44
19:45:31 [Zakim]
ben, you asked to be pinged at this time
19:54:46 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #wai-wcag
19:55:31 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
19:55:59 [rellero_]
rellero_ has joined #wai-wcag
19:58:24 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:24 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
19:59:28 [David]
David has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:31 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow_Weaver
19:59:52 [Makoto]
Makoto has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:59 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
20:00:10 [Zakim]
+Cooper
20:00:24 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:00:32 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:00:36 [bengt]
zakim, [IPc is Bengt_Farre
20:00:36 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
20:00:41 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:28 [LucaMascaro]
LucaMascaro has joined #wai-WCAG
20:01:29 [Zakim]
+ +1.301.779.aaaa
20:01:42 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:01:43 [Makoto]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Makoto_Ueki
20:01:43 [Zakim]
+Makoto_Ueki; got it
20:01:47 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic
20:02:13 [Makoto]
zakim, mute me
20:02:13 [Zakim]
Makoto_Ueki should now be muted
20:02:14 [Zakim]
+??P15
20:02:24 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:32 [bengt]
zakim, who is making noise ?
20:02:43 [Zakim]
bengt, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: +1.301.779.aaaa (45%), David_MacDonald (30%), ??P15 (50%)
20:02:48 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:02:57 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:03:07 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.a]
20:03:13 [rellero_]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Roberto_Ellero
20:03:13 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
20:03:18 [LucaMascaro]
Zakim, IPcaller] is lucamascaro
20:03:18 [Zakim]
sorry, LucaMascaro, I do not recognize a party named 'IPcaller]'
20:03:23 [rellero_]
Zakim, mute Roberto_Ellero
20:03:23 [Zakim]
Roberto_Ellero should now be muted
20:03:36 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
20:03:51 [David]
scribe: David
20:04:07 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller.a]
20:04:55 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
20:04:55 [Gregg]
Team B: LC-540, LC-759, LC-932, LC-1298, LC-1381
20:05:04 [Gregg]
Team C: LC-673, LC-1407, LC-1166
20:05:16 [David]
resolution: unanimous acceptance of Team b and team c items that everyone agreed with Team B: LC-540, LC-759, LC-932, LC-1298, LC-1381 Team C: LC-673, LC-1407, LC-1166
20:06:22 [David]
topic: LC-497, LC-510, LC-573, LC-713, LC-1110, LC-1142, LC-1290: Success Criterion 2.4.4
20:06:26 [Zakim]
+Judy
20:06:58 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:07:06 [rellero_]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Roberto_Ellero
20:07:06 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
20:07:15 [rellero_]
Zakim, mute Roberto_Ellero
20:07:15 [Zakim]
Roberto_Ellero should now be muted
20:07:33 [ben]
ben has joined #wai-wcag
20:07:53 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:07:53 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Andi_Snow_Weaver, David_MacDonald, Cooper, Bengt_Farre, Bruce_Bailey, +1.301.779.aaaa, Makoto_Ueki (muted), Sofia_Celic (muted), ??P15, Loretta_Guarino_Reid,
20:07:56 [Zakim]
... Christophe_Strobbe, Judy, Roberto_Ellero (muted)
20:08:13 [ben]
zakim, ??P15 is Gregg_and_Ben
20:08:13 [Zakim]
+Gregg_and_Ben; got it
20:10:42 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:10:44 [LucaMascaro]
Zakim, [IPcaller] is LucaMascaro
20:10:44 [Zakim]
+LucaMascaro; got it
20:10:47 [David]
zakim, who's making noise?
20:10:49 [Michael]
zakim, drop IPCaller
20:10:49 [Zakim]
sorry, Michael, I do not see a party named 'IPCaller'
20:10:51 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow_Weaver
20:10:56 [Michael]
zakim, mute Luca
20:10:56 [Zakim]
LucaMascaro should now be muted
20:10:57 [LucaMascaro]
Zakim, mute me
20:10:57 [Zakim]
LucaMascaro was already muted, LucaMascaro
20:10:58 [Zakim]
David, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Tim_Boland (21%), Andi_Snow_Weaver (9%), LucaMascaro (64%), Gregg_and_Ben (20%), Loretta_Guarino_Reid (15%), Judy
20:11:02 [Zakim]
... (65%)
20:11:11 [judy]
judy has joined #wai-wcag
20:11:16 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow_Weaver
20:12:39 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:13:11 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:13:19 [Zakim]
-LucaMascaro
20:14:02 [Michael]
q+ to say concern with any list of items
20:14:12 [Michael]
ack +1.301
20:14:27 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:14:56 [Christophe]
q+ to say 'adjacent text?'
20:14:57 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
20:15:12 [LucaMascaro]
LucaMascaro has joined #wai-WCAG
20:15:13 [Michael]
ack m
20:15:14 [Zakim]
Michael, you wanted to say concern with any list of items
20:15:18 [David]
q+
20:15:46 [Michael]
zakim, mute Makoto
20:15:46 [Zakim]
Makoto_Ueki should now be muted
20:15:54 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:16:00 [LucaMascaro]
zakim, IPcaller is LucaMascaro
20:16:00 [Zakim]
+LucaMascaro; got it
20:16:01 [Michael]
zakim, I am Cooper
20:16:01 [Zakim]
ok, Michael, I now associate you with Cooper
20:16:03 [LucaMascaro]
zakim, mute me
20:16:03 [Zakim]
LucaMascaro should now be muted
20:17:34 [Gregg]
ack ch
20:17:34 [Zakim]
Christophe, you wanted to say 'adjacent text?'
20:17:47 [Gregg]
Q+
20:17:52 [Gregg]
ack d
20:20:23 [Andi]
q+
20:20:34 [ben]
ack Gr
20:22:32 [Andi]
ack a
20:22:36 [Makoto]
zakim, unmute me
20:22:36 [Zakim]
Makoto_Ueki should no longer be muted
20:23:04 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:23:40 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:23:43 [David]
zakim, who's making noise?
20:23:53 [Zakim]
David, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Tim_Boland (4%), Loretta_Guarino_Reid (4%), Judy (4%)
20:24:58 [Gregg]
2.4.4 The purpose of each link can be determined from the link text (including supplemental and alternative text) and the text of any immediately enclosing structure (e.g. sentence, paragraph, row, cell or list item.)
20:25:06 [Gregg]
The purpose of each link can be determined from the link text (including supplemental and alternative text).
20:30:15 [Loretta]
q+
20:30:19 [Michael]
q+
20:30:59 [Gregg]
2.4.4 The purpose of each link can be determined from the link text (including supplemental and alternative text) and the text of any immediately enclosing sentence, paragraph, row, cell or list item.
20:31:37 [Gregg]
2.4.4 The purpose of each link can be determined from the link text (including supplemental and alternative text) and the text of any immediately enclosing sentence, paragraph, header, cell or list item.
20:32:08 [Loretta]
2.4.4 The purpose of each link can be determined from the link text (including supplemental and alternative text) and the text of any immediately enclosing sentence, paragraph, cell with its associated headers, or list item.
20:32:32 [Gregg]
2.4.4 The purpose of each link can be determined from the link text (including supplemental and alternative text) and the text of any header or immediately enclosing sentence, paragraph, cell or list item.
20:32:47 [Gregg]
q+
20:32:51 [Gregg]
ack l
20:32:53 [Gregg]
ack c
20:33:04 [Gregg]
ack g
20:33:09 [Loretta]
q+
20:34:02 [Gregg]
ack l
20:36:02 [ben]
ack Br
20:36:02 [Gregg]
2.4.4 The purpose of each link can be determined from the link text (including supplemental and alternative text) and the text of any immediately enclosing sentence, paragraph, cell with its associated headers, or list item.
20:54:25 [David]
Resolution: send LC-497, LC-510, LC-573, LC-713, LC-1110, LC-1142, LC-1290: Success Criterion 2.4.4 back to Lorreta to consider 2.4.4 The purpose of each link can be determined from the link text (including supplemental and alternative text) and the text of any [immediate context] (immediate context = enclosing sentence, paragraph, cell with its associated headers, or list item.)
20:55:30 [David]
topic: LC-844: Primary language
20:55:40 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:57:06 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:06:10 [David]
resolution: LC 844 unaimous consent to accept as ammended, closed
21:09:02 [Gregg]
it is our understanding that SVG 1.1 (2003) has xml:lang on many elements including svg, title, text, tspan and textpath. SVG 1.0 (2001) has xml:lang on many elements including svg, g, title, text, tspan, textpath and a.
21:10:07 [David]
topic: 931
21:11:35 [David]
resolution: closed 931 as amended
21:11:42 [David]
topic: 969
21:11:52 [Zakim]
+??P3
21:15:09 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
21:15:19 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:15:19 [Zakim]
On the phone I see David_MacDonald, Cooper, Bengt_Farre, Makoto_Ueki, Sofia_Celic (muted), Gregg_and_Ben, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Christophe_Strobbe, Judy, Roberto_Ellero (muted),
21:15:22 [Zakim]
... Andi_Snow_Weaver, LucaMascaro (muted), Bruce_Bailey, ??P3
21:24:17 [Zakim]
-LucaMascaro
21:25:26 [David]
resolution: return 969 to sender
21:26:11 [David]
resolution: 1259 - resolution: accept as ammended
21:26:54 [ben]
Topic: 1296
21:27:36 [ben]
agenda?
21:27:42 [David]
Resolution: 1296 accepted as amended
21:27:54 [ben]
zakim, close agendum 1
21:27:54 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Announcements, Questions, and Updates, closed
21:27:55 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
21:27:56 [Zakim]
2. Team B Survey [from ben]
21:27:58 [ben]
zakim, close agendum 2
21:27:58 [Zakim]
agendum 2, Team B Survey, closed
21:27:59 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
21:28:00 [Zakim]
3. Team C Survey [from ben]
21:28:02 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 3
21:28:02 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Team C Survey" taken up [from ben]
21:28:33 [David]
resolution: accept 674 as amended
21:28:40 [David]
topic: 688
21:29:07 [David]
resolution: accept 688 as amended
21:29:22 [David]
topic: 758
21:43:21 [David]
resolution: close 758 as revised,
21:44:15 [David]
action: bruce and Michael to put notes in working group wiki for the advisory techniqe .. “Positioning labels to maximize predictability of relationships”
21:44:49 [David]
s/techniqe/technique
21:44:59 [David]
s/bruce/Bruce
21:45:14 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
21:45:23 [David]
topic: Baseline
21:47:25 [shawn]
shawn has joined #wai-wcag
21:47:30 [shawn]
shawn has left #wai-wcag
21:47:43 [Loretta]
q+
21:52:43 [Gregg]
ack b
21:52:53 [Gregg]
ack l
21:52:54 [ben]
zakim, close this item
21:52:54 [Zakim]
agendum 3 closed
21:52:55 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
21:52:56 [Zakim]
4. Baseline [from ben]
21:53:01 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 4
21:53:01 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Baseline" taken up [from ben]
21:53:03 [ben]
Present: David_MacDonald, Michael_Cooper, Bengt_Farre, Makoto_Ueki, Sofia_Celic, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Ben_Caldwell, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Christophe_Strobbe, Judy, Roberto_Ellero, Andi_Snow_Weaver, LucaMascaro, Bruce_Bailey, Tim_Boland, Bruce_Bailey, Cynthia_Shelly
21:53:06 [ben]
q?
21:58:24 [judy]
q+
21:59:02 [judy]
q+ just to give 2 cents on categorical generalizations about how up-to-date regulatory bodies, authors, etc, might be on this
22:01:19 [judy]
ack judy
22:01:22 [judy]
ack just
22:01:22 [Zakim]
just, you wanted to give 2 cents on categorical generalizations about how up-to-date regulatory bodies, authors, etc, might be on this
22:01:35 [Christophe]
zakim, mute me
22:01:35 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should now be muted
22:05:49 [ben]
zakim, close this item
22:05:49 [Zakim]
agendum 4 closed
22:05:50 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
22:05:51 [Zakim]
5. Web sets and Web units [from ben]
22:09:08 [Zakim]
-??P3
22:09:09 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
22:09:10 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
22:09:11 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow_Weaver
22:09:12 [Zakim]
-Gregg_and_Ben
22:09:13 [Zakim]
-Makoto_Ueki
22:09:14 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:09:16 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
22:09:17 [Zakim]
-Judy
22:09:17 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
22:09:23 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
22:09:28 [ben]
zakim, bye
22:09:28 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were Andi_Snow_Weaver, David_MacDonald, Cooper, Bruce_Bailey, Bengt_Farre, +1.301.779.aaaa, Makoto_Ueki, Sofia_Celic, Loretta_Guarino_Reid,
22:09:28 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
22:09:31 [Zakim]
... Roberto_Ellero, Christophe_Strobbe, Judy, Gregg_and_Ben, Tim_Boland, LucaMascaro
22:09:36 [ben]
RRSAgent, bye
22:09:36 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/07-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
22:09:36 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: bruce and Michael to put notes in working group wiki for the advisory techniqe .. “Positioning labels to maximize predictability of relationships” [1]
22:09:36 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/07-wai-wcag-irc#T21-44-15
22:09:38 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag