IRC log of mmsem on 2006-08-31

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:47:28 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mmsem
15:47:28 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/08/31-mmsem-irc
15:47:56 [raphael]
raphael has changed the topic to: Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 31-08-2006
15:48:11 [giovannit]
re all
15:48:17 [raphael]
hi Giovanni
15:48:23 [JeffP]
Hi Giovanni
15:49:20 [giovannit]
Christian is not here today.. he regrets of being having a jolly great time on vacation in spain
15:51:42 [raphael]
zakim, what conferences?
15:51:42 [Zakim]
I see INC_MMSEM()12:00PM, GA_WebCGM()11:00AM, XML_PMWG()11:00AM active
15:51:43 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are SYMM_TTWG()12:00PM, WS_DescWG()11:00AM, I18N_Core_WG(WS-I18N)11:00AM, VB_VBWG()10:00AM, SW_HCLS()11:00AM, WAI_Team()10:45AM, DIG_TAMI()11:00AM
15:51:58 [raphael]
zakim, this conference is INC_MMSEM
15:51:58 [Zakim]
ok, raphael; that matches INC_MMSEM()12:00PM
15:52:22 [raphael]
Meeting: Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 31-08-2006
15:52:31 [raphael]
Chair: JeffP
15:52:40 [raphael]
Scribe: raphael
15:52:49 [raphael]
ScribeNick: raphael
15:53:08 [giovannit]
(cheering crowd noieses at each name) :-)
15:53:23 [giovannit]
sorry i am so new at these telecons i findit all very exciting (still?)
15:53:26 [giovannit]
:-)
15:54:36 [Zakim]
+ +30231046aaaa
15:54:45 [mhausenblas]
mhausenblas has joined #mmsem
15:55:06 [mhausenblas]
hi there ...
15:55:34 [Zakim]
+ +43.316.876.aabb
15:55:47 [raphael]
zakim +30231046aaaa is Stamatia
15:56:39 [raphael]
zakim, +30231046aaaa is Stamatia
15:56:39 [Zakim]
+Stamatia; got it
15:56:54 [IoannisPratikakis]
IoannisPratikakis has joined #mmsem
15:56:54 [raphael]
zakim, +43.316.876.aabb is mhausenblas
15:56:54 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas; got it
15:57:05 [raphael]
zakim, who is here?
15:57:05 [Zakim]
On the phone I see [CWI], Stamatia, mhausenblas
15:57:06 [Zakim]
On IRC I see IoannisPratikakis, mhausenblas, RRSAgent, JeffP, Zakim, raphael, giovannit
15:57:09 [mhausenblas]
zakim this is mhausenblas
15:57:14 [raphael]
zakim, [CWI] is raphael
15:57:14 [Zakim]
+raphael; got it
15:57:45 [mhausenblas]
woh is here
15:57:56 [mhausenblas]
who is here
15:58:08 [mhausenblas]
zakim who is here
15:58:12 [pasquale]
pasquale has joined #mmsem
15:58:46 [mhausenblas]
zakim, who is here, please ?
15:58:47 [Zakim]
+ +49.261.287.aacc
15:58:48 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, mhausenblas.
15:59:04 [pasquale]
hi all, ciao ;-)
15:59:12 [mhausenblas]
zakim, who is here?
15:59:12 [Zakim]
On the phone I see raphael, Stamatia, mhausenblas, +49.261.287.aacc
15:59:14 [Zakim]
On IRC I see pasquale, IoannisPratikakis, mhausenblas, RRSAgent, JeffP, Zakim, raphael, giovannit
15:59:17 [raphael]
zakim, +49.261.287.aacc is Thomas
15:59:17 [Zakim]
+Thomas; got it
15:59:26 [raphael]
hi pasquale
15:59:36 [pasquale]
hi raphael
15:59:46 [Zakim]
+??P0
16:00:00 [JeffP]
zakim, ??P0 is me
16:00:00 [Zakim]
+JeffP; got it
16:00:17 [giovannit]
me and w3c conference system dont get along too well
16:00:38 [giovannit]
or its skype
16:00:50 [raphael]
you're only on IRC giovani ?
16:00:51 [mhausenblas]
zakim, +49.316.876.1191 us mhausenblas
16:00:51 [Zakim]
I don't understand '+49.316.876.1191 us mhausenblas', mhausenblas
16:00:55 [giovannit]
i am joining
16:01:01 [giovannit]
thanks to the operator
16:01:09 [franz]
franz has joined #mmsem
16:01:11 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:01:14 [Zakim]
+Jacco_van_Ossenbruggen
16:01:39 [raphael]
zakim, +[IPcaller] is Giovanni
16:01:39 [Zakim]
sorry, raphael, I do not recognize a party named '+[IPcaller]'
16:01:43 [raphael]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Giovanni
16:01:43 [Zakim]
+Giovanni; got it
16:02:04 [raphael]
zakim, Jacco_van_Ossenbruggen is GeorgeAnadiotis
16:02:04 [Zakim]
+GeorgeAnadiotis; got it
16:02:07 [anadiotis]
anadiotis has joined #mmsem
16:02:17 [raphael]
zakim, who is here?
16:02:17 [Zakim]
On the phone I see raphael, Stamatia, mhausenblas, Thomas, JeffP, Giovanni, GeorgeAnadiotis
16:02:18 [franz]
hi, its me, thomas (franz is my last name)
16:02:19 [Zakim]
On IRC I see anadiotis, franz, pasquale, IoannisPratikakis, mhausenblas, RRSAgent, JeffP, Zakim, raphael, giovannit
16:02:49 [Zakim]
+??P8
16:03:03 [raphael]
zakim, ??P8 is Melli
16:03:03 [Zakim]
+Melli; got it
16:03:46 [cgi-irc]
cgi-irc has joined #mmsem
16:04:19 [raphael]
Regrets: Jacco, Chris, Patrizia Asirelli, Massimo Martinelli, Ovidio Salvetti
16:04:48 [Zakim]
+ +681302aadd
16:05:08 [raphael]
zakim, +681302aadd is Thierry
16:05:08 [Zakim]
+Thierry; got it
16:05:27 [stamatia]
stamatia has joined #mmsem
16:05:39 [raphael]
zakim, who is here?
16:05:39 [Zakim]
On the phone I see raphael, Stamatia, mhausenblas, Thomas, JeffP, Giovanni, GeorgeAnadiotis, Melli, Thierry
16:05:41 [Zakim]
On IRC I see stamatia, cgi-irc, anadiotis, franz, pasquale, IoannisPratikakis, RRSAgent, JeffP, Zakim, raphael, giovannit
16:06:07 [mhausenblas]
mhausenblas has joined #mmsem
16:06:17 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:06:18 [raphael]
Topic: Admin
16:06:34 [raphael]
zakim, [IPCaller] is SusanneBoll
16:06:34 [Zakim]
+SusanneBoll; got it
16:07:03 [raphael]
PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 20 July 2006 telecon: http://www.w3.org/2006/07/20-mmsem-minutes.html ACCEPTED
16:08:04 [raphael]
Agenda amendments: talk about the 2 deliverables
16:08:28 [raphael]
Agenda amendments: date for the 2nd F2F
16:09:14 [raphael]
PROPOSED next telecon 14 September 2006 ACCEPTED
16:09:48 [raphael]
Topic: LIAISON (SWBPD)
16:11:50 [paul-thierry]
paul-thierry has joined #mmsem
16:12:18 [mhausenblas]
zakim, who's here?
16:12:18 [Zakim]
On the phone I see raphael, Stamatia, mhausenblas, Thomas, JeffP, Giovanni, GeorgeAnadiotis, Melli, Thierry, SusanneBoll
16:12:20 [Zakim]
On IRC I see paul-thierry, mhausenblas, stamatia, cgi-irc, anadiotis, franz, pasquale, IoannisPratikakis, RRSAgent, JeffP, Zakim, raphael, giovannit
16:12:28 [JeffP]
Jeff: I will be travelling on Sept 14, but I think Raphael can manage
16:12:30 [VassilisT]
VassilisT has joined #mmsem
16:12:48 [raphael]
Issue, the document "Image annotation on the Semantic
16:12:49 [raphael]
Web"
16:12:54 [VassilisT]
Hi all
16:12:58 [raphael]
should be finished by Sept 1st
16:13:06 [raphael]
hi Vassilis
16:13:14 [pasquale]
hi Vassilis
16:13:18 [VassilisT]
I will follow the meeting only by irc unfirtunatelly
16:13:20 [JeffP]
Hi Vassilis, are you going to join the phone as well?
16:13:50 [anadiotis]
hi Vassili
16:14:41 [giovannit]
is the SWBP group closing sept 1 then?
16:14:45 [giovannit]
is it continuing somehow?
16:16:29 [raphael]
ACTION: Yannis to report back to the group about the outcome of the
16:16:29 [raphael]
MPEG7 liason attempts after a visit of ITI in Austria [recorded in
16:16:29 [raphael]
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/20-mmsem-minutes.html#action01]
16:20:56 [giovannit]
jeff , very interesting indeed! any pointer?
16:22:11 [JeffP]
giovannit, it is not online yet, will send to the mailing list soon
16:22:28 [JeffP]
it is about RDFS(FA), just for the record
16:22:30 [raphael]
Topic: XG Updates
16:22:58 [JeffP]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Aug/0000.html
16:23:49 [raphael]
Music Use Case:
16:25:34 [raphael]
Giovani: how to identify tracks, songs
16:25:53 [susanne]
susanne has joined #mmsem
16:25:53 [raphael]
... Marie is listening a song and would like to find "similar" songs
16:28:28 [raphael]
Identifying files using MD5 ? MPEG-7 low level features ?
16:30:48 [raphael]
Michael: separate the MPEG-7 (profile) and RDF representations
16:31:31 [raphael]
ACTION: Thierry to write up limitations of MPEG-7 description schemes
16:31:53 [giovannit]
yes, lirics! i keep forgetting them sorry :-(
16:32:52 [raphael]
Thierry, not the good place. It is a more general problem
16:33:17 [raphael]
Thierry: current work for aligning audio and text in music
16:34:05 [raphael]
Giovani: include lyrics
16:34:17 [mhausenblas]
update to music use case /me talking about http://www.chiariglione.org/mpeg/standards/mpeg-7/mpeg-7.htm#E12E5
16:35:07 [raphael]
ID3 tags in RDF ?
16:35:34 [raphael]
Tagging Use Case:
16:36:31 [raphael]
george: EU project mentioned by Thomas (TAGORA ?)
16:36:57 [raphael]
thomas, can you write name, URL of this project ?
16:37:10 [susanne]
http://www.tagora-project.eu/
16:39:12 [raphael]
Focus on interoperability issue
16:40:50 [raphael]
Susanne: strong relationship with this use case with the use case "Semantics from Multimedia Authoring"
16:41:07 [raphael]
News Use case:
16:43:20 [raphael]
Problems: many standards are used
16:43:34 [JeffP]
zakim, who is talking?
16:43:47 [Zakim]
JeffP, listening for 11 seconds I heard sound from the following: Stamatia (4%), Thomas (56%), SusanneBoll (60%), mhausenblas (42%), Thierry (13%)
16:44:07 [raphael]
zakim, mute SusanneBoll
16:44:07 [Zakim]
SusanneBoll should now be muted
16:44:07 [JeffP]
zakim, who is talking?
16:44:13 [raphael]
zakim, mute mhausenblas
16:44:13 [Zakim]
mhausenblas should now be muted
16:44:19 [Zakim]
JeffP, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: JeffP (19%), Stamatia (20%)
16:45:36 [raphael]
Low level feature extraction Use case
16:45:51 [raphael]
IoannisPratikakis
16:45:52 [raphael]
?
16:46:03 [mhausenblas]
am I still muted?
16:46:25 [raphael]
yes
16:46:32 [raphael]
zakim, unmute mhausenblas
16:46:32 [Zakim]
mhausenblas should no longer be muted
16:46:37 [IoannisPratikakis]
there is a question whether the two cases will be fused
16:46:38 [raphael]
you were too noisy
16:46:40 [raphael]
Bio-medical Image Use Case
16:47:41 [raphael]
Melli: no RDF representation of SNOMED yet
16:48:04 [raphael]
... interoperability for describing the content of the images
16:48:19 [raphael]
though correspondance between medical ontologies
16:48:26 [raphael]
MESH, SNOMED, etc.
16:48:34 [mhausenblas]
thanks raphael, i'll try to breath more quiet ;)
16:51:03 [raphael]
Semantics from Multimedia Authoring use case:
16:51:18 [raphael]
zakim, unmute SuzanneBoll
16:51:18 [Zakim]
sorry, raphael, I do not see a party named 'SuzanneBoll'
16:51:20 [raphael]
zakim, unmute SusanneBoll
16:51:20 [Zakim]
SusanneBoll should no longer be muted
16:55:00 [raphael]
linked the 2 use cases explicitely
16:55:37 [raphael]
MPEG-7 metadata interoperability Use case
16:56:46 [raphael]
Various way to express the same thing in MPEG-7
16:56:55 [raphael]
Michael will work on it also
16:58:21 [raphael]
example ?
16:58:33 [raphael]
Stamatia: yes we can provide some
16:58:39 [giovannit]
as far as audio is concerned we addressed the syntactic problems with the mpeg-7audioDB, which basically normalizes different descriptionsions (at least tries to)
16:59:09 [raphael]
Topic: Future Meetings
17:01:23 [raphael]
Proposal for F2F number 2: 8-9 of December ?
17:02:58 [cgi-irc]
I need to leave - thanks all. - Melli
17:03:04 [Zakim]
-Melli
17:03:13 [Zakim]
-Giovanni
17:03:19 [giovannit]
ops
17:04:12 [giovannit]
sorry got disconnected
17:05:10 [raphael]
Jeff: ALL use the mailling list and the wiki
17:05:18 [mhausenblas]
ok bye ... see U all @ 2006/09/14
17:05:24 [Zakim]
-Thierry
17:05:25 [raphael]
ACTION: ALL to update their wiki pages
17:05:26 [Zakim]
-Thomas
17:05:28 [Zakim]
-Stamatia
17:05:30 [Zakim]
-GeorgeAnadiotis
17:05:32 [Zakim]
-SusanneBoll
17:05:33 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:05:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/08/31-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
17:05:34 [Zakim]
-raphael
17:05:37 [Zakim]
-JeffP
17:05:42 [Zakim]
-mhausenblas
17:05:43 [Zakim]
INC_MMSEM()12:00PM has ended
17:05:43 [raphael]
RRSAgent, make the minutes public
17:05:43 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make the minutes public', raphael. Try /msg RRSAgent help
17:05:44 [Zakim]
Attendees were Stamatia, mhausenblas, raphael, Thomas, JeffP, Giovanni, GeorgeAnadiotis, Melli, Thierry, SusanneBoll
17:06:34 [raphael]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
17:06:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/08/31-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
17:07:06 [raphael]
RRSAgent, create minutes
17:07:06 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/08/31-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
17:07:32 [raphael]
RRSAgent, make the minutes public
17:07:32 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make the minutes public', raphael. Try /msg RRSAgent help
17:08:45 [pasquale]
hi all, bye
17:12:54 [raphael]
RRSagent, make these logs public
17:13:10 [raphael]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
17:13:10 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/08/31-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
17:13:28 [raphael]
RRSagent, make these logs public
17:13:36 [raphael]
RRSAgent, make the minutes public
17:13:36 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make the minutes public', raphael. Try /msg RRSAgent help
17:24:49 [raphael]
RRSAgent, make the minutes visible
17:24:49 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make the minutes visible', raphael. Try /msg RRSAgent help
17:24:55 [raphael]
RRSAgent, make the logs visible
17:24:55 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make the logs visible', raphael. Try /msg RRSAgent help
17:24:59 [raphael]
RRSAgent, make logs visible
17:25:08 [raphael]
RRSAgent, make logs public
19:00:40 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mmsem