IRC log of tsdtf on 2006-08-09

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:38:08 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tsdtf
12:38:08 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/08/09-tsdtf-irc
12:38:15 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #tsdtf
12:38:21 [shadi]
zakim, thisw
12:38:21 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'thisw', shadi
12:38:28 [shadi]
zakim, this will be tsdtf
12:38:28 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; I see WAI_TSDTF()9:00AM scheduled to start in 22 minutes
12:41:33 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #tsdtf
12:53:51 [ChrisR]
ChrisR has joined #tsdtf
12:58:22 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()9:00AM has now started
12:58:24 [Zakim]
+Shadi
12:59:18 [Sandor]
Sandor has joined #tsdtf
13:00:52 [shadi]
:(
13:01:28 [Zakim]
+CarlosV
13:01:50 [carlos]
carlos has joined #tsdtf
13:01:52 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:02:16 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is really Chris
13:02:16 [Zakim]
+Chris; got it
13:02:23 [shadi]
meeting: TSD TF
13:02:33 [Vangelis]
Vangelis has joined #tsdtf
13:02:39 [shadi]
chair: CarlosV, Christophe
13:02:45 [shadi]
scribe: Chris
13:03:19 [Zakim]
+Sandor_Herramhof
13:03:28 [shadi]
zakim, please mute me
13:03:28 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
13:03:45 [Zakim]
+Vangelis
13:04:45 [shadi]
zakim, please unmute me
13:04:45 [Zakim]
Shadi should no longer be muted
13:04:55 [shadi]
zakim, please mute me
13:04:55 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
13:05:09 [carlos]
Christophe, try again
13:05:29 [shadi]
zakim, please unmute me
13:05:29 [Zakim]
Shadi should no longer be muted
13:05:37 [shadi]
zakim, please mute me
13:05:37 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
13:05:56 [shadi]
zakim, please unmute me
13:05:56 [Zakim]
Shadi should no longer be muted
13:06:25 [ChrisR]
agenda+
13:06:44 [ChrisR]
agenda+ Tools for storage of samples and test metadata (CVS or SVN server,
13:06:44 [ChrisR]
Bugzila, etc)
13:06:58 [shadi]
zakim, please mute me
13:06:58 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
13:07:04 [shadi]
zakim, please unmute me
13:07:04 [Zakim]
Shadi should no longer be muted
13:07:37 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2006Aug/0009.html
13:07:45 [shadi]
agenda?
13:07:58 [shadi]
zakim, drop agendum 1
13:07:58 [Zakim]
agendum 1, , dropped
13:08:07 [ShaneA]
ShaneA has joined #tsdtf
13:08:10 [shadi]
agenda+ TCDL discussion following last week's call issues
13:08:19 [shadi]
agenda+ Working Group procedure for development of test samples (indivual
13:08:19 [shadi]
assignments, review process, etc.)
13:08:32 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 2
13:08:33 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Tools for storage of samples and test metadata (CVS or SVN server," taken up [from ChrisR]
13:08:33 [ChrisR]
CV: suggest using CVS for storing material
13:09:18 [ChrisR]
SAZ: need mechanism to collect info
13:09:19 [Zakim]
+Paul_Bohman
13:09:29 [ChrisR]
SAZ: not everyone has CVS access
13:09:41 [shadi]
zakim, paul is really Shane
13:09:41 [Zakim]
+Shane; got it
13:10:34 [ChrisR]
SAZ: database should contain samples from group and from public
13:10:44 [ChrisR]
SAZ: suggest using web form
13:11:22 [ChrisR]
SAZ: a person needs to process info and then put in database then put to task force
13:11:48 [ChrisR]
CV: web form can put info directly into CVS
13:12:41 [ChrisR]
SAZ: suggest that one or two people are responsible for keeping data in sync
13:13:06 [ChrisR]
CV: CVS has been working well for BenToWeb
13:15:26 [ChrisR]
CV: web form can be used to transform general data to our format
13:18:13 [ChrisR]
discussion of entry form for data
13:18:39 [ChrisR]
SAZ: form must include copyright notice and form
13:19:21 [ChrisR]
SAZ: data should not go directly into database must be viewed by human
13:22:15 [ChrisR]
discussion of process to get data into database
13:23:19 [ChrisR]
discussion of use of bugzilla re data
13:25:22 [ChrisR]
CV: there is a web front end to BTW tests and also CVS access
13:26:07 [ChrisR]
SAZ: suggest using web front end form that includes signing IPR and filling out metadata before submitting data
13:26:25 [carlos]
Issue tracking tool: JIRA - http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/
13:26:43 [ChrisR]
SAZ: data is then sent to list for discussion in moderated form (SAZ will check for spam etc.)
13:27:06 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
13:27:28 [ChrisR]
SAZ: data will then be entered into database
13:27:29 [Christophe]
zakim, mute me
13:27:29 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should now be muted
13:28:14 [ChrisR]
SAZ: there will be web based front end to database (read only)
13:31:26 [Christophe]
zakim, unmute me
13:31:26 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should no longer be muted
13:32:12 [ChrisR]
CS: need more than 2 people with access to CVS
13:32:50 [ChrisR]
SAZ: will look at level of participation and decide how many get access
13:34:20 [ChrisR]
SAZ: can BTW code be reused?
13:34:50 [ChrisR]
CV: some of it can possibly be reused
13:35:18 [ChrisR]
CR: ATRC test suite code may also be reused
13:35:18 [shadi]
Contribution from Public -> Web Form (includes TDL metadata and IPR) -> Script to generate formatted e-mail -> Approval by moderator -> Published on mailing list -> Input into CVS -> Triggers scripts that generate Web view of the database
13:40:38 [ChrisR]
discussion of public and group submissions
13:42:28 [ChrisR]
CV: suggest we get format of files fixed first - then move onto submission form
13:42:39 [ChrisR]
SAZ: do in parallel
13:43:37 [ChrisR]
SA: suggest using form ourselves to make sure it works
13:44:40 [ChrisR]
discussion of Bugzilla and JIRA
13:49:44 [ChrisR]
SA: use real database or just collection of files?
13:49:58 [ChrisR]
SAZ: think this will be just a collection of files
13:51:24 [ChrisR]
SAZ: W3C has good support for CVS, not sure about Subversion or other version control systems
13:54:37 [ChrisR]
SAZ: looking for volunteers for creating code
13:55:56 [ChrisR]
CR: offers to write code
13:56:59 [ChrisR]
action: SAZ will create accounts for task force members to upload to CVS
13:57:16 [ChrisR]
action: SAZ will work with W3C and Chris to setup system
13:57:44 [ChrisR]
SAZ: re bug tracking system...
13:58:05 [ChrisR]
action: SAZ will check with W3C re bug tracking system
13:58:19 [ChrisR]
action: everyone to check into bug tracking systems for use in project
13:59:59 [ChrisR]
CS: will send update of his documents
14:00:35 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
14:00:37 [Zakim]
-Shane
14:00:38 [Zakim]
-Shadi
14:00:39 [Zakim]
-Vangelis
14:00:44 [Zakim]
-Chris
14:00:45 [Zakim]
-Sandor_Herramhof
14:00:46 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()9:00AM has ended
14:00:47 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shadi, CarlosV, Chris, Sandor_Herramhof, Vangelis, Paul_Bohman, Shane, Christophe_Strobbe
14:00:52 [ChrisR]
ChrisR has left #tsdtf
14:00:58 [Vangelis]
Vangelis has left #tsdtf
14:02:06 [shadi]
zakim, bye
14:02:06 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tsdtf
14:02:13 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
14:02:19 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:02:19 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/08/09-tsdtf-minutes.html shadi
14:02:21 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
14:02:27 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
14:02:27 [RRSAgent]
I see 4 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/09-tsdtf-actions.rdf :
14:02:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SAZ will create accounts for task force members to upload to CVS [1]
14:02:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/09-tsdtf-irc#T13-56-59
14:02:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SAZ will work with W3C and Chris to setup system [2]
14:02:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/09-tsdtf-irc#T13-57-16
14:02:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SAZ will check with W3C re bug tracking system [3]
14:02:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/09-tsdtf-irc#T13-58-05
14:02:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: everyone to check into bug tracking systems for use in project [4]
14:02:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/09-tsdtf-irc#T13-58-19
14:02:34 [carlos]
carlos has left #tsdtf