IRC log of ws-policy on 2006-08-02

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:48:27 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ws-policy
15:48:27 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/08/02-ws-policy-irc
15:48:39 [plh]
Meeting: Web Services Policy
15:48:43 [plh]
Chair: Chris
15:52:06 [whenry]
whenry has joined #ws-policy
15:52:14 [plh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html
15:52:43 [plh]
Previous minutes: http://www.w3.org/2006/07/26-ws-policy-minutes.html
15:53:52 [plh]
Regrets: Felix, Seumas, Charlton
15:54:13 [plh]
rrsagent, make logs member-visible
15:54:25 [plh]
scribeOptions: -final
15:54:35 [plh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:54:35 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/08/02-ws-policy-minutes.html plh
15:55:56 [cferris]
cferris has joined #ws-policy
15:57:20 [plh]
scribeOptions: -final -noEmbedDiagnostics
15:59:54 [Zakim]
WS_Policy()12:00PM has now started
15:59:59 [Zakim]
WS_Policy()12:00PM has ended
16:00:00 [Zakim]
Attendees were
16:00:29 [Zakim]
WS_Policy()12:00PM has now started
16:00:30 [Zakim]
+Plh
16:00:46 [Zakim]
+ +1.508.628.aaaa
16:00:53 [whenry]
Having trouble getting in the conf bridge
16:00:55 [JCrump]
JCrump has joined #ws-policy
16:00:58 [Zakim]
+Chris_Ferris
16:01:00 [Zakim]
+??P4
16:01:02 [Zakim]
- +1.508.628.aaaa
16:01:06 [Zakim]
+ +1.719.387.aabb
16:01:11 [whenry]
In now
16:01:11 [Zakim]
+ +1.415.402.aacc
16:01:25 [dmoberg]
dmoberg has joined #ws-policy
16:01:29 [whenry]
zakim, +1 719.387.aabb is me
16:01:30 [Zakim]
I don't understand '+1 719.387.aabb is me', whenry
16:02:00 [Zakim]
+ +1.508.628.aadd
16:02:03 [ruchith]
ruchith has joined #ws-policy
16:02:04 [plh]
zakim, +1.415.402.aacc is Jong.Lee
16:02:04 [Zakim]
+Jong.Lee; got it
16:02:07 [sanka]
sanka has joined #ws-policy
16:02:20 [Zakim]
+??P13
16:02:25 [Zakim]
+Ashok_Malhotra
16:02:26 [Fabian]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:02:27 [whenry]
zakim, +1.719.378.aabb iis whenry
16:02:27 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Plh, Chris_Ferris, ??P4, +1.719.387.aabb, Jong.Lee, +1.508.628.aadd, ??P13, Ashok_Malhotra
16:02:29 [Zakim]
I don't understand '+1.719.378.aabb iis whenry', whenry
16:02:32 [plh]
zakim, ??p13 is Dale
16:02:32 [Zakim]
+Dale; got it
16:02:37 [Zakim]
+ +1.781.999.aaee
16:02:40 [Fabian]
zakim, ??P4 is Fabian
16:02:40 [Zakim]
+Fabian; got it
16:02:50 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
16:02:57 [whenry]
zakim, +1.719.378.aabb is whenry
16:02:57 [Zakim]
sorry, whenry, I do not recognize a party named '+1.719.378.aabb'
16:02:58 [Zakim]
+ +1.519.271.aaff
16:03:08 [cgi-irc]
cgi-irc has joined #ws-policy
16:03:10 [JCrump]
zakim, +1.781.999.aabb is me
16:03:10 [Zakim]
sorry, JCrump, I do not recognize a party named '+1.781.999.aabb'
16:03:14 [whenry]
zakim, +1.719.387.aabb iis whenry
16:03:14 [Zakim]
I don't understand '+1.719.387.aabb iis whenry', whenry
16:03:24 [Ashok]
Ashok has joined #ws-policy
16:03:28 [Paulc]
Paulc has joined #ws-policy
16:03:31 [prasad]
prasad has joined #ws-policy
16:03:31 [whenry]
zakim, +1.719.387.aabb is whenry
16:03:31 [Zakim]
+whenry; got it
16:03:43 [plh]
zakim, who's here?
16:03:43 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Plh, Chris_Ferris, Fabian, whenry, Jong.Lee, +1.508.628.aadd, Dale, Ashok_Malhotra, +1.781.999.aaee, [IBM], +1.519.271.aaff
16:03:46 [Zakim]
On IRC I see prasad, Paulc, Ashok, sanka, ruchith, dmoberg, JCrump, cferris, whenry, RRSAgent, Fabian, Zakim, plh
16:03:48 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.314.aagg
16:03:54 [JCrump]
zakim, +1.781.999.aabb is JCrump
16:03:54 [Zakim]
sorry, JCrump, I do not recognize a party named '+1.781.999.aabb'
16:04:02 [asir]
asir has joined #ws-policy
16:04:07 [JCrump]
grr
16:04:10 [cferris]
zakim, +1.508.628.aadd is Yakov
16:04:10 [Zakim]
+Yakov; got it
16:04:10 [Yakov]
Yakov has joined #ws-policy
16:04:18 [cferris]
zakim, who is here?
16:04:18 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Plh, Chris_Ferris, Fabian, whenry, Jong.Lee, Yakov, Dale, Ashok_Malhotra, +1.781.999.aaee, [IBM], +1.519.271.aaff, +1.617.314.aagg
16:04:21 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Yakov, asir, prasad, Paulc, Ashok, sanka, ruchith, dmoberg, JCrump, cferris, whenry, RRSAgent, Fabian, Zakim, plh
16:04:22 [Zakim]
+Prasad_Yendluri
16:04:31 [sanka]
zakim, +1.617.314.aagg is Sanka
16:04:31 [Zakim]
+Sanka; got it
16:04:38 [Zakim]
-Yakov
16:04:43 [JCrump]
zakim, +1.781.999.aaee is JCrump
16:04:43 [Zakim]
+JCrump; got it
16:04:47 [Zakim]
+RSalz
16:04:51 [cferris]
zakim, +IBM is Tony
16:04:51 [Zakim]
sorry, cferris, I do not recognize a party named '+IBM'
16:04:56 [Zakim]
+ +1.208.284.aahh
16:04:59 [JCrump]
zakim, who is here?
16:05:04 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Plh, Chris_Ferris, Fabian, whenry, Jong.Lee, Dale, Ashok_Malhotra, JCrump, [IBM], +1.519.271.aaff, Sanka, Prasad_Yendluri, RSalz, +1.208.284.aahh
16:05:07 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Yakov, asir, prasad, Paulc, Ashok, sanka, ruchith, dmoberg, JCrump, cferris, whenry, RRSAgent, Fabian, Zakim, plh
16:05:11 [plh]
zakim, +1.519.271.aaff is Paul.Cotton
16:05:13 [cferris]
Zakim, [IBM} is Tony
16:05:17 [Nadalin]
Nadalin has joined #ws-policy
16:05:18 [Zakim]
+Paul.Cotton; got it
16:05:22 [Zakim]
sorry, cferris, I do not recognize a party named '[IBM}'
16:05:28 [Zakim]
+Tom_Jordahl
16:05:32 [Zakim]
+Yakov
16:05:43 [TomJ]
TomJ has joined #ws-policy
16:05:44 [Zakim]
+??P28
16:05:51 [plh]
zakim, +1.208.284.aahh is Monica
16:05:52 [Yakov]
Yakov 508-628-...
16:05:53 [maryann]
maryann has joined #ws-policy
16:05:54 [Zakim]
+Monica; got it
16:06:02 [cferris]
zakim, who is here?
16:06:02 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Plh, Chris_Ferris, Fabian, whenry, Jong.Lee, Dale, Ashok_Malhotra, JCrump, [IBM], Paul.Cotton, Sanka, Prasad_Yendluri, RSalz, Monica, Tom_Jordahl, Yakov, ??P28
16:06:09 [Zakim]
On IRC I see maryann, TomJ, Nadalin, Yakov, asir, prasad, Paulc, Ashok, sanka, ruchith, dmoberg, JCrump, cferris, whenry, RRSAgent, Fabian, Zakim, plh
16:06:37 [Fabian]
zakim, [IBM] is Tony
16:06:37 [Zakim]
+Tony; got it
16:07:25 [Nadalin]
wave back
16:07:33 [Zakim]
+Glen
16:07:53 [GlenD]
GlenD has joined #ws-policy
16:08:05 [plh]
zakim, who's here?
16:08:05 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Plh, Chris_Ferris, Fabian, whenry, Jong.Lee, Dale, Ashok_Malhotra, JCrump, Tony, Paul.Cotton, Sanka, Prasad_Yendluri, RSalz, Monica, Tom_Jordahl, Yakov, ??P28,
16:08:08 [Zakim]
... Glen
16:08:10 [Zakim]
On IRC I see GlenD, maryann, TomJ, Nadalin, Yakov, asir, prasad, Paulc, Ashok, sanka, dmoberg, JCrump, cferris, whenry, RRSAgent, Fabian, Zakim, plh
16:08:20 [plh]
zakim, ??p28 is Asir
16:08:20 [Zakim]
+Asir; got it
16:08:26 [danroth]
danroth has joined #ws-policy
16:08:45 [Zakim]
-Sanka
16:09:36 [Zakim]
+Sanka
16:10:44 [Zakim]
-Sanka
16:11:05 [plh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html
16:11:26 [plh]
Scribe: prasad
16:11:38 [Zakim]
+Sanka
16:11:41 [prasad]
Topic: Agenda review
16:13:24 [prasad]
Chris: Include discussion of primer inserted after the AI discussion
16:15:18 [prasad]
Ashok: I requested agenda item discussion of how many messages you can have .. resulting AI in Austin
16:15:25 [plh]
zakim, who's making noise?
16:15:33 [prasad]
s/AI/from AI/
16:15:36 [Zakim]
plh, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: JCrump (4%), Chris_Ferris (74%), Ashok_Malhotra (51%), Sanka (9%), Prasad_Yendluri (24%)
16:15:52 [plh]
zakim, mute prasad
16:15:52 [Zakim]
Prasad_Yendluri should now be muted
16:16:06 [plh]
zakim, unmute prasad
16:16:06 [Zakim]
Prasad_Yendluri should no longer be muted
16:16:12 [GlenD]
zakim, mute sanka
16:16:12 [Zakim]
Sanka should now be muted
16:16:29 [Paulc]
amendments to minutes from Asir: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0006.html
16:16:38 [Ashok]
Here is the mail I just spoke abt: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0093.html
16:16:43 [prasad]
Topic: Approval of last telcon minutes
16:17:09 [scribe]
scribe has joined #ws-policy
16:17:24 [sanka]
thats fine ..
16:18:12 [sanka]
I'll unmute if I want to ask a question ..
16:19:30 [prasad]
Chris: Amend the minutes to record the AIs closed
16:19:40 [asir]
ACTION: editors to implement the resolution for issue 3562.
16:19:52 [prasad]
ACTION: PLH to amend the minutes per Asir's minutes
16:20:16 [prasad]
s/minutes/mail/
16:20:33 [prasad]
Minutes approved with amendment
16:20:42 [prasad]
Topic: F2F meeting
16:22:58 [prasad]
Chris: Paul and I think best to go with Sonic offer in Nov
16:23:31 [prasad]
Chris: Go with BEA in SFO for Jan
16:23:33 [GlenD]
+1
16:24:16 [prasad]
Jan 16-18th tentative plan
16:24:58 [prasad]
Chris: Confirmed Nov F2F at Sonic
16:25:09 [prasad]
Topic: WG Draft
16:25:35 [prasad]
Chris: Congrats to WG on publicatin of WG Draft
16:25:53 [umit]
umit has joined #ws-policy
16:26:12 [prasad]
s/publicatin/publication/
16:26:44 [prasad]
ACTION: PLH to check email notification of publication of WG (obligation)
16:27:02 [prasad]
s/check/check on/
16:27:28 [prasad]
Topic: WG Tools
16:28:11 [prasad]
Chris: Major change new issues submitted into Bugzilla
16:29:24 [prasad]
Chris: All bugs must be entered into bugzilla. Felix sent out FAQ, I updated FAQ
16:31:05 [Zakim]
+??P0
16:31:18 [prasad]
Chris: Owner responsible shephearding the issue
16:31:23 [umit]
zakim, ??P0 is umit
16:31:23 [Zakim]
+umit; got it
16:31:34 [prasad]
q+
16:31:44 [umit]
q+
16:31:48 [ruchith]
ruchith has joined #ws-policy
16:31:58 [ruchith]
ruchith has joined #ws-policy
16:32:05 [cferris]
ack pr
16:32:50 [asir]
q+
16:32:55 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.933.aaii
16:33:20 [prasad]
Prasad: Are we doing both sending NEW ISSUE to list as well as bugzilla?
16:33:33 [cferris]
ack um
16:33:37 [ruchith]
zakim, +1.617.933.aaii is me
16:33:37 [Zakim]
+ruchith; got it
16:34:10 [prasad]
Chris: No, Bugzilla should send a notification to list. Currently not working
16:34:20 [prasad]
Umit: Clarification on issue owner
16:34:31 [prasad]
Chris: Owner is admin of the issue
16:34:36 [cferris]
ack asir
16:35:07 [prasad]
Asir: Some of the issues all links are not in Bugzilla.
16:35:21 [prasad]
Asir: Tile of the issue changes in Buzilla notification
16:35:31 [prasad]
s/Tile/Title/
16:36:27 [cgi-irc]
cgi-irc has joined #ws-policy
16:36:39 [prasad]
Chris: Owners include link to original issue in Bugzilla
16:36:56 [umit]
umit has joined #ws-policy
16:37:06 [prasad]
Asir: None of the Editorial AIs are in Tracker
16:37:33 [prasad]
AI: Chris to ck on separate tracker for Editorial AIs
16:37:51 [prasad]
ACTION: Chris to ck on separate tracker for Editorial AIs
16:38:42 [trackbot]
trackbot has joined #ws-policy
16:38:42 [trackbot]
Tracking ISSUEs and ACTIONs from http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/
16:38:42 [prasad]
Topic: Action Items Review
16:39:35 [prasad]
AI 2, * done
16:39:46 [prasad]
AIs 2 and 8 DONE
16:40:27 [prasad]
AIs 10, 11 DONE
16:41:42 [prasad]
AIs 14, 18 DONE
16:42:44 [prasad]
AIs 21 DONE
16:43:26 [prasad]
AIs 22 and 25 CLOSED
16:43:40 [prasad]
AI 23 and 26 are DUPLICATES
16:44:15 [prasad]
AI 23 and 26 CLOSED
16:44:26 [umit]
Chris, Action 12 and 13 are duplicated
16:44:36 [umit]
that is why I was confused, sorry about that.
16:44:45 [prasad]
AI 29 and 31 CLOSEE
16:44:46 [umit]
One of them should be closed
16:44:52 [prasad]
S/CLOSEE/CLOSED/
16:45:03 [prasad]
AI 30 CLOSED
16:45:35 [Zakim]
-Dale
16:46:02 [prasad]
AI 13 CLOSED (duplicate of 12)
16:46:14 [prasad]
AI 1 CLOSED
16:47:00 [prasad]
Topic: Primer outline
16:47:34 [prasad]
Marianne: Walks through the outline (Umit and Marianne had offline discussions)
16:48:27 [prasad]
s/Marianne/Maryann/g
16:48:52 [Zakim]
+Frederick_Hirsch
16:49:42 [cferris]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0009.html
16:50:08 [dmoberg]
dmoberg has left #ws-policy
16:50:40 [Ashok]
Ashok has joined #ws-policy
16:50:43 [prasad]
Topic: ditorial and wording changing issues
16:50:57 [cferris]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3545
16:51:07 [prasad]
s/diorial/Editorial/
16:51:51 [asir]
q+
16:52:00 [cferris]
ack asir
16:52:18 [prasad]
Asir: Accpet and asign to editors
16:52:36 [prasad]
Chris: Objections?
16:52:39 [prasad]
None
16:52:39 [asir]
ACTION: Editors to implement the resolution for issue 3545
16:52:39 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Editors
16:52:54 [prasad]
Paul: Exact text into IRC please
16:53:03 [cferris]
RESOLVED: issue 3545 closed by assigning to editors to address this in the next draft
16:53:29 [FrederickHirsch]
FrederickHirsch has joined #ws-policy
16:53:41 [prasad]
RESOLUTION: issue 3545 closed by assigning to editors to address this in the next draft
16:53:56 [plh]
zakim, generate minutes
16:53:56 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'generate minutes', plh
16:54:01 [plh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
16:54:01 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/08/02-ws-policy-minutes.html plh
16:55:28 [prasad]
RESOLUTION: 3547 closed (Captured in Asir's amendment to last week's minutes)
16:55:41 [Zakim]
-Frederick_Hirsch
16:56:26 [cferris]
ACTION: William to update 3547 with link to last wek's minutes
16:56:26 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-38 - Update 3547 with link to last wek\'s minutes [on William Henry - due 2006-08-09].
16:56:49 [prasad]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3551
16:57:40 [asir]
+1 to these editorial changes
16:57:41 [cferris]
prasad describes his issue... purely editorial changes...
16:58:09 [cferris]
s/wek/week/
16:58:16 [Zakim]
+m2
16:58:18 [Zakim]
-Monica
16:58:23 [danroth]
danroth has joined #ws-policy
17:00:02 [umit]
+1 to changes
17:00:18 [prasad]
RESOLUTIOn: Issue 3551 closed and assigned to editors
17:00:19 [asir]
ACTION: Editors to implement the resolution for issue 3551
17:00:19 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Editors
17:00:40 [whenry]
Where is the link to the Approved July 27 Minutes ?
17:01:00 [prasad]
RESOLUTION: Issue 3551 closed and assigned to editors
17:01:25 [prasad]
ttp://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3556
17:01:29 [prasad]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3556
17:01:51 [Zakim]
+Frederick_Hirsch
17:02:42 [prasad]
Ashok: I had comments from Asir and Frederick
17:04:07 [Zakim]
-Frederick_Hirsch
17:04:39 [Yakov]
+1 to WS-Addressing
17:05:23 [prasad]
Asir: I don't like Non-Golas in intro
17:05:27 [cferris]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3556
17:06:04 [prasad]
Chris: Nop consensus. Taking back to list
17:06:11 [prasad]
s/Nop/No/
17:06:37 [prasad]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3558
17:07:34 [whenry]
zakim, mute me
17:07:34 [Zakim]
whenry should now be muted
17:07:37 [prasad]
s/Non-Golas/Non-Goals/
17:07:59 [ruchith]
zakim, mute me
17:07:59 [Zakim]
ruchith should now be muted
17:08:06 [plh]
zakim, mute me
17:08:06 [Zakim]
Plh should now be muted
17:08:33 [umit]
q+
17:08:41 [prasad]
Ashok: I am suggesting we remove the example
17:08:56 [prasad]
Maryann: One at the end of section?
17:09:00 [prasad]
Ashok: yes
17:10:44 [umit]
q-
17:10:50 [prasad]
Umit: Need better example than remove it
17:11:10 [prasad]
Chris: Agrees with Umit and it is a minor technical issue
17:11:34 [whenry]
Sorry, I got thrown out somehow.
17:12:05 [prasad]
Paul: When people create buzilla entry add a hyperlink to which doc yiou areferring to
17:12:12 [cferris]
paul makes a great suggestion that bugzilla entries be augmented with a link into the published draft to which a particular issue pertains
17:12:16 [Zakim]
+whenry.a
17:12:18 [prasad]
s/yiou/you/
17:13:55 [prasad]
s/areferring/are referring/
17:14:08 [cferris]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3543
17:14:12 [prasad]
Topic: Minor Technical Issues
17:14:28 [prasad]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3557
17:14:46 [umit]
q+
17:15:29 [prasad]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3543
17:15:49 [prasad]
Definion of the term "processor" is poorly defined
17:16:20 [prasad]
Paul: In attachment the processor word occurs only in notiational convention
17:16:55 [prasad]
Chris: In both it is only in Notiational Conventions
17:17:19 [TomJ]
I said that we should remove the concept of processor in the spec entirely
17:17:31 [prasad]
Maryann: Dlete the entire section?
17:17:40 [TomJ]
Experience from WSDL working group indicates that is causes more trouble than its worth
17:17:47 [prasad]
PAul: No. Someone needs to propose an amendment
17:18:08 [Yakov]
+1
17:18:32 [prasad]
Asir: Leave it to editors?
17:18:41 [asir]
ACTION: Editors to get rid of the term 'processor' in WS-Policy and WS-PolicyAttachment (issue 3543)
17:18:41 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Editors
17:18:47 [umit]
Leave it to editors with passive voice
17:19:42 [prasad]
RESOLUTION: issue 3543 closed assigned to editors - change last sentence putting in passive voice, and eliminate term processor
17:20:14 [prasad]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3557
17:21:05 [Zakim]
-Jong.Lee
17:21:47 [umit]
is it possible to link these emails that Ashok is referring to to the bug?
17:22:29 [plh]
s/ditorial and wording changing issues/Editorial and wording changing issues/
17:24:03 [cferris]
zakim, who is here?
17:24:03 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Plh (muted), Chris_Ferris, Fabian, whenry (muted), Ashok_Malhotra, JCrump, Tony, Paul.Cotton, Prasad_Yendluri, RSalz, Tom_Jordahl, Yakov, Asir, Glen, Sanka
17:24:07 [Zakim]
... (muted), umit, ruchith (muted), m2, whenry.a
17:24:08 [Zakim]
Asir has daroth
17:24:09 [Zakim]
On IRC I see danroth, Ashok, trackbot, umit, ruchith, scribe, GlenD, maryann, TomJ, Nadalin, Yakov, asir, prasad, Paulc, sanka, JCrump, cferris, whenry, RRSAgent, Zakim, plh
17:24:11 [prasad]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3549
17:24:21 [prasad]
Skipped
17:24:40 [prasad]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3554
17:25:23 [prasad]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3561
17:26:25 [prasad]
Skipped. Prasad to provide more info / examples
17:26:41 [prasad]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3561
17:28:48 [plh]
zakim, unmute me
17:28:48 [Zakim]
Plh should no longer be muted
17:29:48 [prasad]
Paul: BEA confirms F2F 16-18th Jan in SFO is
17:30:11 [prasad]
ACTIOn: Jong Lee to provide Felx Logistics infor for F2F of Jan 07
17:30:13 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-39 - Lee to provide Felx Logistics infor for F2F of Jan 07 [on Jong Lee - due 2006-08-09].
17:31:01 [prasad]
Topic: Major Technical Issues
17:31:12 [prasad]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3564
17:32:42 [prasad]
Umit: describes the issue
17:35:59 [cferris]
q?
17:36:04 [cferris]
ack umit
17:37:10 [Yakov]
I am against b1
17:37:49 [GlenD]
q+
17:37:58 [cferris]
ack gl
17:38:19 [Nadalin]
q+
17:38:28 [prasad]
Glen: We need at least something like Umit's option C
17:38:41 [asir]
q+ danroth
17:38:43 [umit]
q+
17:39:05 [prasad]
Glen: Optiona A seems to venture into negotiation space
17:39:57 [Yakov]
+1 option C
17:40:35 [GlenD]
Personally, I think a simple mechanism like DO/DONT WILL/WONT (as per Telnet) isn't hard to do, and could be very useful... but am unsure about scope.
17:40:42 [cferris]
ack nad
17:41:09 [prasad]
Dan: Umits description seems to mix alternatives and optionality
17:43:06 [asir]
s/Dan/Nadalin/
17:43:48 [cferris]
ack dan
17:44:33 [maryann]
so that's your second case
17:44:44 [prasad]
Dan: seeks clarification on what is meant by optional assertion @optional on it?
17:44:47 [prasad]
Umit: Yes
17:45:01 [maryann]
q
17:45:07 [maryann]
oops
17:45:11 [maryann]
q+
17:45:14 [cferris]
q+ maryann
17:47:06 [prasad]
s/optional assertion/optional assertion. Assertion with/
17:47:21 [Nadalin]
q+
17:48:31 [cferris]
ack umit
17:48:41 [umit]
q-
17:48:47 [cferris]
ack ma
17:50:51 [umit]
Can everyone speaking send the comments that made to the list?
17:50:59 [umit]
We are not capturing the discussion
17:51:03 [umit]
I will create a thread
17:51:08 [Nadalin]
ok
17:51:20 [prasad]
Chris: Out of time. Discussion to continue on the list / bugzilla
17:52:11 [prasad]
Topic: IPR obligations
17:52:18 [plh]
http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/39293/status
17:52:26 [cferris]
ack nad
17:53:13 [plh]
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20040205/#sec-Exclusion
17:54:18 [umit]
q+
17:56:22 [plh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-cfe/
17:57:15 [cferris]
ack umit
17:57:56 [prasad]
Paul: It gives people lot of time to resign from WG without impacting the effort
17:58:04 [prasad]
PLH: Yes
17:59:55 [umit]
+1 to PaulC
18:00:17 [prasad]
Paul: Can we have WG notified that Clock on the Exclusions has started
18:00:47 [Zakim]
-Glen
18:00:53 [Zakim]
-Tom_Jordahl
18:00:59 [TomJ]
TomJ has left #ws-policy
18:01:11 [prasad]
ACTION: PLH to deternine with IAN Jacobs if fesible to send an email to WG to start membership review period
18:01:11 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - PLH
18:01:22 [Zakim]
-Ashok_Malhotra
18:01:25 [Zakim]
-Yakov
18:01:26 [Zakim]
-Chris_Ferris
18:01:26 [Zakim]
-Asir
18:01:27 [Zakim]
-Tony
18:01:28 [Zakim]
-Plh
18:01:29 [Zakim]
-m2
18:01:30 [Zakim]
-Paul.Cotton
18:01:31 [Zakim]
-whenry.a
18:01:34 [Zakim]
-RSalz
18:01:34 [prasad]
s/deternine/determine/
18:01:38 [Zakim]
-umit
18:01:40 [Zakim]
-JCrump
18:01:42 [Zakim]
-Fabian
18:01:44 [Zakim]
-Sanka
18:01:46 [Zakim]
-ruchith
18:01:50 [maryann]
maryann has left #ws-policy
18:01:50 [JCrump]
JCrump has left #ws-policy
18:01:56 [sanka]
sanka has left #ws-policy
18:01:56 [Ashok]
Ashok has left #ws-policy
18:01:58 [prasad]
rrsagnet, make logs public
18:02:14 [cferris]
rrsagent, make logs public
18:04:38 [prasad]
zakim, generate minutes
18:04:38 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'generate minutes', prasad
18:05:07 [prasad]
rrsagent, generate minutes
18:05:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/08/02-ws-policy-minutes.html prasad
18:06:18 [Zakim]
-Prasad_Yendluri
18:11:19 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, whenry, in WS_Policy()12:00PM
18:11:20 [Zakim]
WS_Policy()12:00PM has ended
18:11:24 [Zakim]
Attendees were Plh, +1.508.628.aaaa, Chris_Ferris, Jong.Lee, Ashok_Malhotra, Dale, Fabian, whenry, Yakov, Prasad_Yendluri, Sanka, JCrump, RSalz, Paul.Cotton, Tom_Jordahl, Monica,
18:11:27 [Zakim]
... Tony, Glen, daroth, umit, ruchith, Frederick_Hirsch, m2
18:43:09 [cferris]
cferris has left #ws-policy
19:53:49 [plh]
trackbot, bye
19:53:49 [trackbot]
trackbot has left #ws-policy
19:53:55 [plh]
rrsagent, bye
19:53:55 [RRSAgent]
I see 10 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/02-ws-policy-actions.rdf :
19:53:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: editors to implement the resolution for issue 3562. [1]
19:53:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/02-ws-policy-irc#T16-19-40
19:53:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: PLH to amend the minutes per Asir's minutes [2]
19:53:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/02-ws-policy-irc#T16-19-52
19:53:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: PLH to check email notification of publication of WG (obligation) [3]
19:53:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/02-ws-policy-irc#T16-26-44
19:53:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Chris to ck on separate tracker for Editorial AIs [4]
19:53:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/02-ws-policy-irc#T16-37-51
19:53:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Editors to implement the resolution for issue 3545 [5]
19:53:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/02-ws-policy-irc#T16-52-39-1
19:53:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: William to update 3547 with link to last wek's minutes [6]
19:53:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/02-ws-policy-irc#T16-56-26
19:53:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Editors to implement the resolution for issue 3551 [7]
19:53:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/02-ws-policy-irc#T17-00-19
19:53:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Editors to get rid of the term 'processor' in WS-Policy and WS-PolicyAttachment (issue 3543) [8]
19:53:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/02-ws-policy-irc#T17-18-41
19:53:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jong Lee to provide Felx Logistics infor for F2F of Jan 07 [9]
19:53:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/02-ws-policy-irc#T17-30-11
19:53:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: PLH to deternine with IAN Jacobs if fesible to send an email to WG to start membership review period [10]
19:53:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/02-ws-policy-irc#T18-01-11
19:53:59 [plh]
zakim, bye
19:53:59 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ws-policy