IRC log of databinding on 2006-07-25

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:54:16 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #databinding
13:54:16 [RRSAgent]
logging to
13:54:18 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
13:54:18 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #databinding
13:54:20 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DBWG
13:54:20 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_DBWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 6 minutes
13:54:21 [trackbot]
Meeting: Databinding WG Teleconference
13:54:21 [trackbot]
Date: 25 July 2006
13:57:27 [pauld]
13:58:35 [gcowe1]
gcowe1 has joined #databinding
13:59:02 [pauld]
zakim, read agenda from
13:59:02 [Zakim]
working on it, pauld
13:59:05 [Zakim]
agenda+ Meeting Administrivia
13:59:06 [Zakim]
agendum 1 added
13:59:07 [Zakim]
agenda+ Issues and Action Items
13:59:08 [Zakim]
agendum 2 added
13:59:10 [Zakim]
agenda+ Status of Deliverables
13:59:12 [Zakim]
agendum 3 added
13:59:13 [Zakim]
agenda+ ISSUE-66: Enumeration based on SimpleType
13:59:14 [Zakim]
agendum 4 added
13:59:15 [Zakim]
agenda+ ISSUE-65: overlapping patterns
13:59:16 [Zakim]
agendum 5 added
13:59:17 [Zakim]
agenda+ ISSUE-12: identifying a conformant schema
13:59:19 [Zakim]
agendum 6 added
13:59:21 [Zakim]
agenda+ ISSUE-2: WSDL and the Test Suite (Auto-generation of )
13:59:23 [Zakim]
agendum 7 added
13:59:25 [Zakim]
agenda+ Any Other Business
13:59:27 [Zakim]
agendum 8 added
13:59:29 [Zakim]
done reading agenda, pauld
14:00:22 [pauld]
zakim, code?
14:00:22 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3294 (tel:+1.617.761.6200), pauld
14:00:42 [Zakim]
WS_DBWG()10:00AM has now started
14:00:49 [Zakim]
14:01:05 [Zakim]
14:01:15 [pauld]
zakim, ??P15 is BT
14:01:15 [Zakim]
+BT; got it
14:01:17 [Ajith_-]
Ajith_- has joined #databinding
14:01:33 [pauld]
zakim, BT contains pauld and otu
14:01:33 [Zakim]
+pauld, otu; got it
14:02:19 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.933.aaaa
14:02:37 [Zakim]
+ +1.703.740.aabb
14:03:05 [Ajith]
Zakim,+1.617.933.aaaa is Ajith
14:03:05 [Zakim]
+Ajith; got it
14:03:25 [pauld]
zakim, aabb is scott
14:03:25 [Zakim]
+scott; got it
14:05:03 [Ajith]
pauld: We have two new members
14:05:26 [Ajith]
welcome Scott
14:06:00 [pauld]
gcowe: Hi I'm George from Origo
14:07:58 [gcowe1]
scottwood: NACS represent standards for convenience store industries
14:08:57 [gcowe1]
pauld: summarises remit of group for scott
14:11:22 [pauld]
zakim, take up item 2
14:11:22 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Issues and Action Items" taken up
14:12:39 [gcowe1]
pauld: explains how we have been collecting lot of issues in attempt to capture patterns
14:13:17 [Ajith]
pauld : please take up the issue from last week
14:13:27 [pauld]
14:13:52 [pauld]
zakim, next agendum
14:13:52 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Meeting Administrivia" taken up
14:14:06 [pauld]
zakim, next agendum
14:14:10 [Zakim]
agendum 1 was just opened, pauld
14:14:32 [Ajith]
guys - I've to go away for 5 mins
14:15:44 [pauld]
Topic: ISSUE-66
14:16:09 [gcowe1]
gcowe: describes enumeration based on simpleType - ISSUE 66
14:17:14 [pauld]
ACTION: pdowney to build other enumeration examples
14:17:14 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-53 - Build other enumeration examples [on Paul Downey - due 2006-08-01].
14:17:28 [gcowe1]
gcowe: also mentions the collection pattern which is similar
14:18:02 [pauld]
Topic: ISSUE-65 Overlapping Patterns
14:19:08 [pauld]
gcowe: introduces issue, is overlapping an issue, but working with schematron works even when patterns overlap
14:20:12 [pauld]
.. overlap doesn't seem to raise a problem
14:20:37 [Ajith]
ok - i'm back
14:20:44 [pauld]
RESOLUTION: close ISSUE-65 with no action
14:21:04 [gcowe1]
pauld: proposes ISSUE 65 is closed
14:23:18 [pauld]
Topic: ISSUE-12
14:23:52 [pauld]
pauld: we're using Schematron and XPath to detect patterns .. so far so good.. we come unstuck with import/include
14:24:12 [pauld]
.. will value Scott's fresh eyes on this work
14:25:16 [pauld]
gcowe: been working on this, adding more XPaths, for collection, stringEnumeration, structures as opposed to individual elements/attributes
14:26:19 [pauld]
pauld: thanks george for his work, we'll pick up on this at the F2F
14:28:17 [gcowe1]
pauld: explains the test suite setup to test patterns against a number of toolkits
14:29:17 [gcowe1]
pauld: worry is that test schema may be incorrect - rendering test results incorrect
14:30:07 [gcowe1]
scott: will find out what other tools are used in NACS
14:31:16 [gcowe1]
pauld: asks scott to contribute any new patterns
14:32:36 [gcowe1]
pauld: been looking at java based tools - axis and xfire...
14:34:37 [gcowe1]
ajith: will progress work with xmlunit to help automate testing
14:36:02 [gcowe1]
pauld: asks ajith to post a link to describe using xmlunit in axis
14:39:43 [gcowe1]
pauld: outlines plans for basic patterns - interop event on east coast US in november - with maybe another f2f in september - probably in europe
14:41:02 [gcowe1]
pauld: f2f next week, Scott can join us on IRC
14:41:37 [Zakim]
14:42:08 [Zakim]
14:43:27 [Zakim]
14:43:44 [Zakim]
14:43:46 [Zakim]
WS_DBWG()10:00AM has ended
14:43:47 [Zakim]
Attendees were gcowe, pauld, otu, +1.703.740.aabb, Ajith, scott
14:44:00 [pauld]
zakim, generate minutes
14:44:00 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'generate minutes', pauld
14:59:14 [pauld]
rrsagent, generate minutes
14:59:14 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate pauld
14:59:40 [pauld]
rrsagent, make minutes member-visible
14:59:40 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make minutes member-visible', pauld. Try /msg RRSAgent help