IRC log of er on 2006-07-19

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:48:11 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
13:48:11 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/07/19-er-irc
13:48:15 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
13:48:22 [shadi]
zakim, this will be ERT
13:48:22 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; I see WAI_ERTWG()9:00AM scheduled to start 48 minutes ago
13:49:15 [shadi]
meeting: ERT WG
13:49:19 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2006Jul/0018.html
13:49:24 [shadi]
chair: Shadi
13:52:04 [shadi__]
shadi__ has joined #er
13:52:26 [shadi__]
agenda+ WCL URI matching
13:52:38 [shadi__]
agenda+ Updated EARL 1.0 Schema Editors' Draft
13:58:52 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()9:00AM has now started
13:58:53 [Zakim]
+Dialer
13:58:54 [Zakim]
-Dialer
13:58:55 [Zakim]
+Shadi
13:59:25 [JohannesK]
JohannesK has joined #er
13:59:32 [CarlosI]
CarlosI has joined #er
14:00:17 [Zakim]
+??P15
14:01:07 [shadi]
shadi has joined #er
14:01:36 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the call?
14:01:43 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Shadi, ??P15
14:01:59 [shadi]
zakim, ??p15 is really Johannes
14:01:59 [Zakim]
+Johannes; got it
14:07:00 [Zakim]
+CarlosI
14:08:08 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
14:08:15 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "WCL URI matching" taken up [from shadi__]
14:08:45 [Zakim]
+Klaus/Johannes/Thomas
14:08:46 [carlos]
carlos has joined #er
14:09:26 [shadi]
scribe: Shadi
14:09:32 [shadi]
scribenick: shadi
14:10:00 [shadi]
ci: WCL covers most our requirements, except for the snippets
14:10:12 [shadi]
...but we dicussed this already
14:10:13 [Zakim]
-Klaus/Johannes/Thomas
14:10:48 [shadi]
ci: the assumption is that all sub-domains are also part of a claim
14:10:53 [shadi]
...this may be an issue
14:11:18 [Zakim]
+Klaus/Johannes/Thomas
14:11:46 [shadi]
ci: it is not clear how sub-domains will be addressed (for example with regexp etc)
14:12:13 [shadi]
ci: they also define several requirements that are more general than ours
14:13:06 [shadi]
saz: "snippet" as in part of a web page/resource?
14:13:08 [shadi]
ci: yes
14:16:39 [JibberJim]
JibberJim has joined #er
14:17:28 [shadi]
saz: this is not a requirement for EARL but more a feedback for WCL?
14:17:38 [Zakim]
+Jim_Ley
14:17:44 [shadi]
jk: no a requirement for pattern matching
14:18:50 [shadi]
resolution: send feedback to WCL that claims for snippets may be useful to consider
14:20:34 [shadi]
saz: do they address "delivery units"?
14:21:11 [shadi]
ci: no, only URI matching
14:21:42 [shadi]
saz: how mature is this, is this something we should wait for?
14:23:31 [shadi]
ci: is useful for more compact reports that do not contain all the detail on the relationships between the results
14:24:07 [shadi]
saz: johannes, any opinions on how useful this is?
14:25:53 [shadi]
jk: not sure if we should use just that for compacting purposes, but can see a use case and it may be useful
14:25:58 [shadi]
saz: carlosV?
14:26:28 [shadi]
cv: content labeling is different from testing
14:26:43 [shadi]
...they are not getting to the real meat of the problem
14:27:12 [shadi]
...maybe we should submit our comments rather than the other way around
14:27:17 [shadi]
saz: jim?
14:27:44 [shadi]
jl: no comments
14:31:20 [shadi]
saz: do we need to add/change something in EARL 1.0 in order to use this, or can we continue developing EARL 1.0?
14:31:25 [shadi]
...do we need to wait?
14:32:05 [shadi]
cv: don't think we should wait, especially considering our current resources
14:32:34 [shadi]
jl: don't think we need this stuff, so maybe better develop EARL 1.0 and see how we can use it once it is ready
14:32:53 [JohannesK]
ACK
14:33:25 [shadi]
ci: continue EARL 1.0, and see what we can do with this at a later time
14:33:56 [shadi]
...it should not require radical changes to EARL 1.0
14:34:45 [shadi]
resolution: continue to monitor the development of the WCL URI matching, and continue to develop EARL 1.0 in parallel
14:35:43 [shadi]
saz: are they aware of the sub-domain ambiguity issue?
14:36:45 [shadi]
ci: it is in the requirement to address sub-domains, but they are using RDF-CL which considers all sub-domains to be part of a domain
14:36:58 [shadi]
...they will need to change RDF-CL accordingly
14:37:22 [CarlosI]
[http://www.w3.org/2004/12/q/doc/content-labels-schema.htm#hostRestriction]
14:38:50 [shadi]
resolution: send WCL feedback that sub-domains need to be addressed in a non-ambigious way for u to be able to use this work
14:40:43 [shadi]
action: saz & ci work on response for WCL group
14:40:55 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 1
14:40:55 [Zakim]
agendum 1, WCL URI matching, closed
14:40:56 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
14:40:58 [Zakim]
2. Updated EARL 1.0 Schema Editors' Draft [from shadi__]
14:41:03 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 2
14:41:03 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Updated EARL 1.0 Schema Editors' Draft" taken up [from shadi__]
14:44:14 [ShaneAnderson]
ShaneAnderson has joined #er
14:44:36 [shadi]
scribe: Jim
14:44:45 [shadi]
scribenick: JibberJim
14:45:48 [JibberJim]
SAZ: Section 4 on conformance is new, need to look in more detail, it's important: Question Section 3 - should it really be in the guide
14:46:12 [JibberJim]
CI: I agree it should be in the guide
14:47:43 [JibberJim]
CV: It's in the guide.
14:48:02 [JibberJim]
SAZ: Is there anything normative we need to say about extensibility?
14:48:10 [JibberJim]
CV: It's RDF
14:48:49 [JibberJim]
JK: Something would be good, but mostly in the guide
14:49:04 [JibberJim]
SAZ: Maybe something in the intro? to point at the RDF Primer
14:49:30 [JibberJim]
SAZ: I don't think it needs its own section
14:49:35 [JibberJim]
JL: Agrees with everything above
14:50:04 [shadi]
resolution: move "extensions" section to EARL 1.0 Guide, and add a line or two about exentsibility in the "introduction"
14:52:26 [shadi]
direction for reading this draft effectively:
14:52:31 [shadi]
1. skip section 1
14:52:40 [shadi]
2. read over section 2
14:52:55 [shadi]
3. look carefully at section 4 and appnedix A
14:53:05 [shadi]
4. read over appendix B
14:53:15 [shadi]
5. rince and repeat
14:56:04 [JibberJim]
sorry!
14:56:53 [JibberJim]
CI: Recalls open issue on testClasses and requirements - things you can pass or fail
14:57:25 [JibberJim]
JK: CI was right, chaals has the AI
14:57:27 [CarlosI]
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/28-er-minutes
14:58:07 [JibberJim]
SAZ: I'll check up, and we need to resolve before last call
14:59:18 [JibberJim]
ACTION: on SAZ check up, chase chaals on test case issue
14:59:32 [JibberJim]
ACTION: on ALL read the editors draft
14:59:38 [shadi]
action: everyone read latest EARL draft for next week
14:59:54 [Zakim]
-Johannes
14:59:57 [Zakim]
-Shadi
15:00:01 [shadi]
rrsagent, drop action 4
15:00:09 [Zakim]
-CarlosI
15:00:22 [Zakim]
-Klaus/Johannes/Thomas
15:00:28 [Zakim]
-Jim_Ley
15:00:32 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()9:00AM has ended
15:00:34 [shadi]
zakim, bye
15:00:34 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #er
15:00:34 [Zakim]
Attendees were Dialer, Shadi, Johannes, CarlosI, Klaus/Johannes/Thomas, Jim_Ley
15:00:44 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
15:00:48 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:00:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/07/19-er-minutes.html shadi
15:00:50 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
15:00:55 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
15:00:55 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/19-er-actions.rdf :
15:00:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: saz & ci work on response for WCL group [1]
15:00:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/19-er-irc#T14-40-43
15:00:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: on SAZ check up, chase chaals on test case issue [2]
15:00:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/19-er-irc#T14-59-18
15:00:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: on ALL read the editors draft [3]
15:00:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/19-er-irc#T14-59-32