IRC log of wai-wcag on 2006-07-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:53:36 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:53:36 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-wai-wcag-irc
19:53:40 [Michael]
rrsagent, make log world
19:53:58 [Michael]
scribeOptions: scribeOnly final
19:54:08 [Michael]
meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
19:54:16 [Michael]
chair: Gregg Vanderheiden
19:54:40 [Michael]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2006JulSep/0032.html
19:55:10 [Michael]
agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
19:55:42 [Michael]
agenda+ Last Call Issues from Editors for 06 July <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20060706editorz/results>
19:56:17 [Michael]
agenda+ Last Call Issues from Team A <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20060713teama/results>
19:56:51 [Michael]
agenda+ Last Call Issues from Team C <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20060713_teamc/results>
19:57:22 [bengt]
bengt has joined #wai-wcag
19:57:41 [Michael]
regrets: Alex Li, Makoto Ueki, Judy Brewer
19:58:00 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
19:58:07 [Zakim]
+Don_Evans
19:59:20 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
19:59:52 [Zakim]
+Cooper
20:00:16 [Zakim]
+??P2
20:00:27 [Zakim]
+ +86106590aaaa
20:00:32 [rellero_]
rellero_ has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:32 [Zakim]
+??P4
20:00:36 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:38 [rscano]
zakim, ??P4 is Roberto_Scano
20:00:38 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Scano; got it
20:00:43 [Zakim]
+Becky_Gibson
20:00:43 [rscano]
zakim, I am Roberto_Scano
20:00:44 [Zakim]
ok, rscano, I now associate you with Roberto_Scano
20:00:45 [Michael]
zakim, ??P2 is Andi_Snow-Weaver
20:00:45 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow-Weaver; got it
20:00:47 [rscano]
zakim, mute me
20:00:47 [Zakim]
Roberto_Scano should now be muted
20:01:08 [becka11y]
becka11y has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:14 [Michael]
zakim, Andi is unknown
20:01:14 [Zakim]
+unknown; got it
20:01:19 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
20:01:23 [Michael]
zakim, +86 is Andi_Snow-Weaver
20:01:23 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow-Weaver; got it
20:01:34 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre
20:01:53 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:55 [Michael]
zakim, who's on the phone?
20:01:55 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Don_Evans, Bruce_Bailey, Cooper, unknown, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Roberto_Scano (muted), Becky_Gibson, David_MacDonald, Bengt_Farre
20:02:12 [Zakim]
+??P8
20:02:25 [Michael]
zakim, unknown is Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:02:25 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea; got it
20:02:33 [Michael]
zakim, ??P8 is Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:02:33 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden; got it
20:02:37 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:53 [Zakim]
+??P9
20:03:02 [Zakim]
+??P10
20:03:04 [Michael]
zakim, ??P9 is Cynthia_Shelly
20:03:05 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic
20:03:06 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly; got it
20:03:14 [rellero_]
10 01zakim, ??P10 is rellero
20:03:21 [rscano]
zakim, P10 is Roberto_Ellero
20:03:21 [Zakim]
sorry, rscano, I do not recognize a party named 'P10'
20:03:34 [rscano]
zakim, ??P10 is Roberto_Ellero
20:03:34 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
20:03:39 [rscano]
zakim, rellero is Roberto_Ellero
20:03:39 [Zakim]
sorry, rscano, I do not recognize a party named 'rellero'
20:03:40 [rellero_]
zakim, mute me
20:03:41 [Zakim]
sorry, rellero_, I do not see a party named 'rellero_'
20:03:48 [rscano]
zakim, rellero_ is Roberto_Ellero
20:03:48 [Zakim]
sorry, rscano, I do not recognize a party named 'rellero_'
20:03:50 [Administrator]
Administrator has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:03 [rellero_]
zakim, mute Roberto_Ellero
20:04:03 [Zakim]
Roberto_Ellero should now be muted
20:04:05 [Michael]
agenda?
20:04:16 [Zakim]
+Kerstin_Goldsmith
20:04:39 [Michael]
scribe: Andi
20:04:42 [Andi]
scribe: Andi
20:04:46 [Michael]
zakim, take up item 4
20:04:46 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Last Call Issues from Team C <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20060713_teamc/results>" taken up [from Michael]
20:05:47 [Andi]
resolution: accept proposals for LC-641 and LC-642 by unanimous consent
20:05:54 [Michael]
zakim, close this item
20:05:54 [Zakim]
agendum 4 closed
20:05:55 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
20:05:57 [Zakim]
1. Announcements, Questions, and Updates [from Michael]
20:05:58 [Michael]
zakim, take up item 3
20:05:58 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Last Call Issues from Team A <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20060713teama/results>" taken up [from Michael]
20:06:15 [Andi]
resolution: accept proposals for LC issues 743, 767, 791, 794, 814, 1317, 837, 846, 867, 900, 911, 922, 934, 935, 1098, 1100, 1101, 1138, 1150, 1151, 1156, 1161, 1163 by unanimous consent
20:06:37 [Andi]
topic: issue LC-925
20:08:29 [Michael]
zakim, mute Andi
20:08:29 [Zakim]
Andi_Snow-Weaver should now be muted
20:11:01 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Scano
20:11:49 [rscano_]
rscano_ has joined #wai-wcag
20:12:00 [Zakim]
+??P4
20:12:05 [rscano_]
zakim, ??P4 is Roberto_Scano
20:12:05 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Scano; got it
20:12:09 [rscano_]
zakim, mute me
20:12:09 [Zakim]
sorry, rscano_, I do not see a party named 'rscano_'
20:12:16 [rscano_]
zakim i am Roberto_Scano
20:12:30 [rscano_]
zakim, I am Roberto_Scano
20:12:30 [Zakim]
ok, rscano_, I now associate you with Roberto_Scano
20:12:38 [rscano_]
zakim, mute me
20:12:38 [Zakim]
Roberto_Scano should now be muted
20:18:22 [Sorcha]
Sorcha has joined #wai-wcag
20:18:25 [Zakim]
-Kerstin_Goldsmith
20:18:39 [Zakim]
+Kerstin_Goldsmith
20:18:48 [Andi]
resolution: accept proposal for LC-925 amended to include " NOTE: If multimedia is completely computer generated - it is not live and is subject to the requirements for pre-recorded multimedia in WCAG"
20:20:32 [Zakim]
+ +1.301.927.aabb
20:20:35 [Andi]
topic: LC-1086
20:22:05 [Andi]
resolution: accept proposal for LC-1086 for 2.1.1, amended as "Some people with hand tremors find using a mouse very difficult and therefore usually use a keyboard"
20:22:30 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Scano
20:23:01 [rscano__]
rscano__ has joined #wai-wcag
20:23:48 [rscano__]
rscano__ has left #wai-wcag
20:23:59 [rscano__]
rscano__ has joined #wai-wcag
20:25:05 [Andi]
topic: LC-1162
20:25:19 [Andi]
resolution: revise SC 1.4.2 to read, "A mechanism is available to turn off any audio that plays automatically, without requiring the user to turn off all system audio."
20:25:30 [Michael]
zakim, close this item
20:25:30 [Zakim]
agendum 3 closed
20:25:31 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
20:25:32 [Zakim]
1. Announcements, Questions, and Updates [from Michael]
20:25:35 [Michael]
zakim, take up item 2
20:25:35 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Last Call Issues from Editors for 06 July <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20060706editorz/results>" taken up [from Michael]
20:26:42 [Andi]
topic LC-613
20:27:03 [Andi]
resolution: accept proposal for LC-613 as proposed
20:27:14 [Zakim]
+Sorcha_Moore
20:28:00 [Andi]
topic: LC-781
20:28:09 [Sorcha]
apologies for late joining-I have been trying to log in through my normal skype method but it does not seem to want to work this evening!
20:29:08 [rscano_]
rscano_ has joined #wai-wcag
20:31:34 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-781 as amended: "The objective of this technique is to describe how using blank characters, such as space, tab, line break, or carriage return, to format individual words visually can be a failure to present meaningful sequences properly. When blank characters are inserted to control letter spacing within a word, they may change the interpretation of the word or cause it not to be programmatically recognized as a single word."
20:31:54 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:33:24 [Andi]
topic: LC-817
20:33:37 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:36:36 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:36:38 [Zakim]
-Sorcha_Moore
20:37:12 [Sorcha]
IP caller is Sorcha Moore
20:37:36 [Michael]
zakim, IPcaller is Sorcha_Moore
20:37:37 [Zakim]
+Sorcha_Moore; got it
20:38:02 [rscano__]
rscano__ has joined #wai-wcag
20:38:31 [Andi]
resolution: adopt LC-817 as amended
20:38:38 [Andi]
topic: LC-666
20:38:46 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-666 as proposed
20:45:28 [Andi]
topic: LC-835
20:45:38 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-835 as amended
20:46:38 [Administrator]
zakim, mute bengt
20:46:38 [Zakim]
Bengt_Farre should now be muted
20:47:04 [Administrator]
zakim, unmute bengt
20:47:04 [Zakim]
Bengt_Farre should no longer be muted
20:47:32 [Administrator]
zakim, mute sorcha
20:47:32 [Zakim]
Sorcha_Moore should now be muted
20:48:07 [Andi]
topic: LC-848
20:48:12 [rscano_]
rscano_ has joined #wai-wcag
20:48:21 [Administrator]
zakim, unmute sorcha
20:48:21 [Zakim]
Sorcha_Moore should no longer be muted
20:49:00 [Administrator]
zakim, Administrator is David
20:49:00 [Zakim]
sorry, Administrator, I do not recognize a party named 'Administrator'
20:51:19 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-848 as amended
20:51:29 [Administrator]
zakim, mute rellero_
20:51:29 [Zakim]
sorry, Administrator, I do not see a party named 'rellero_'
20:52:09 [Andi]
topic: LC-850
20:56:37 [Zakim]
-Don_Evans
20:57:05 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:59:06 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
21:00:04 [David_MacDonald]
q+
21:02:07 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:02:34 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
21:07:05 [Andi]
Refer LC-850 back to committee
21:07:11 [Andi]
topic: LC-882
21:14:50 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-882 as amended "This requirement does not apply to individual words or phrases that have become part of the language of the phrase or passage in which they are used."
21:16:41 [Andi]
topic: Issue LC-952, Issue LC-1018 and Issue LC-1328
21:16:52 [Andi]
resolution: accept Issue LC-952, Issue LC-1018 and Issue LC-1328 as proposed
21:17:58 [Andi]
topic: LC-995
21:18:05 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-995 as proposed
21:18:20 [Andi]
topic: LC-1175
21:23:51 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-1175 as amended by Christophe
21:25:03 [Andi]
topic: LC-1180
21:25:06 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
21:26:38 [Zakim]
-Sorcha_Moore
21:26:52 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:27:05 [Michael]
zakim, [IP is Sorcha_Moore
21:27:05 [Zakim]
+Sorcha_Moore; got it
21:28:07 [Gregg]
/me
21:28:07 [Gregg]
information and sensory experience to be communicated to the user by means of a user agent, as well as code or markup that define the structure, presentation, and interactions associated with those elements
21:30:37 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-1180
21:31:03 [Andi]
topic: LC-1184
21:31:12 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-1184 as proposed
21:34:54 [Andi]
topic: LC-1187
21:40:23 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:42:25 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:46:00 [Andi]
Refer LC-1177 back to committee
21:46:10 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:46:11 [Andi]
action: Gregg, Michael, and Bruce to meet on LC-1187
21:46:23 [Andi]
topic: LC-1188
21:46:29 [Andi]
Refer LC-1188 back to committee
21:46:40 [Andi]
action: Gregg, Michael, and Bruce to meet on LC-1188
21:47:12 [Andi]
topic: LC-1256
21:47:13 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:48:57 [Andi]
LC-1256 is on hold
21:49:22 [Andi]
topic: LC-1262
21:49:30 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-1262 as proposed
21:54:49 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:55:03 [rellero_]
zakim, [IPcaller is Roberto_Ellero
21:55:04 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
21:55:13 [rellero_]
zakim, mute Roberto_Ellero
21:55:13 [Zakim]
Roberto_Ellero should now be muted
21:58:00 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
21:58:21 [Andi]
zakim, unmute me
21:58:21 [Zakim]
Andi_Snow-Weaver should no longer be muted
22:01:57 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow-Weaver
22:05:16 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
22:05:18 [Zakim]
-Sorcha_Moore
22:05:22 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
22:05:23 [Zakim]
-Becky_Gibson
22:05:23 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:05:25 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden
22:05:25 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
22:05:26 [Sorcha]
Sorcha has left #wai-wcag
22:05:27 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
22:05:29 [Zakim]
-Cooper
22:05:38 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
22:06:04 [Michael]
Thanks Andi for scribing again!
22:06:08 [Michael]
I'll generate minutes
22:06:26 [Michael]
zakim, who's on the phone?
22:06:26 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Kerstin_Goldsmith (muted), Roberto_Ellero (muted)
22:06:34 [Michael]
zakim, drop kerstin
22:06:34 [Zakim]
Kerstin_Goldsmith is being disconnected
22:06:36 [Zakim]
-Kerstin_Goldsmith
22:06:40 [Michael]
zakim, drop roberto
22:06:40 [Zakim]
Roberto_Ellero is being disconnected
22:06:41 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
22:06:43 [Zakim]
Attendees were Don_Evans, Bruce_Bailey, Cooper, +86106590aaaa, Roberto_Scano, Becky_Gibson, Andi_Snow-Weaver, David_MacDonald, Bengt_Farre, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Gregg_Vanderheiden,
22:06:45 [Zakim]
... Sofia_Celic, Cynthia_Shelly, Roberto_Ellero, Kerstin_Goldsmith, +1.301.927.aabb, Tim_Boland, Sorcha_Moore, [IPcaller]
22:08:49 [Michael]
present: Bruce_Bailey, Tim_Boland, Sofia_Celic, Michael_Cooper, Roberto_Ellero, Don_Evans, Bengt_Farre, Becky_Gibson, Kerstin_Goldsmith, Katie_Haritos-Shea, David_MacDonald, Sorcha_Moore, Roberto_Scano, Cynthia_Shelly, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Gregg_Vanderheiden
22:08:57 [Michael]
rrsagent, bye
22:08:57 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
22:08:57 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg, Michael, and Bruce to meet on LC-1187 [1]
22:08:57 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-wai-wcag-irc#T21-46-11
22:08:57 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg, Michael, and Bruce to meet on LC-1188 [2]
22:08:57 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-wai-wcag-irc#T21-46-40