IRC log of ws-desc on 2006-07-06

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:55:46 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ws-desc
13:55:46 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/07/06-ws-desc-irc
13:55:58 [Jonathan]
RRSAgent, set log world
13:56:10 [Arthur]
Arthur has joined #ws-desc
13:56:13 [chathura]
chathura has joined #ws-desc
13:56:29 [lmandel_]
lmandel_ has joined #ws-desc
13:56:42 [Arthur]
ACTION: Lawrence - violate operation style assertions
13:57:09 [ibm]
q+
13:57:33 [Arthur]
ACTION: Youenn - define documents for stub generation
13:57:48 [Arthur]
ACTION: Jonathan - create validation-report stylesheet
13:58:03 [Arthur]
ACTION: John - resolve Woden component model interchange
13:58:03 [Arthur]
format errors
13:58:29 [Arthur]
ACTION: Arthur - add xpaths for soap and http to document coverage report
13:58:44 [Arthur]
ACTION: Philippe - violate http binding assertions
13:59:01 [Arthur]
ACTION: Chathura - will do interop tests with Youenn and Lawrence
14:02:03 [chathura]
oneway EPR http://127.0.0.1:8080/axis2/services/pingService
14:05:21 [lmandel_]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20-adjuncts.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#styles
14:06:05 [lmandel_]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20-adjuncts.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#RPCStyle-5016-summary
14:06:14 [lmandel_]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20-adjuncts.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#RPCStyle-5018-summary
14:06:28 [lmandel_]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20-adjuncts.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#RPCStyle-5014-summary
14:12:27 [youenn]
youenn has joined #ws-desc
14:13:03 [youenn]
ping epr is: http://lawrence.dyndns.ws:8090/wss/ping
14:13:36 [youenn]
echo axis epr is: http://lawrence.dyndns.ws:8090/wss/echoAxis2
14:41:24 [Bozhong]
Bozhong has joined #ws-desc
14:48:10 [chathura]
http://127.0.0.1:8080/axis2/services/Axis2SampleDocLitService
14:56:25 [TonyR]
TonyR has joined #ws-desc
14:58:01 [TonyR]
zakim, what is the code?
14:58:04 [Zakim]
sorry, TonyR, I don't know what conference this is
14:58:15 [pauld]
zakim, this will be ws_desc
14:58:15 [Zakim]
ok, pauld, I see WS_DescWG()11:00AM already started
14:58:25 [TonyR]
zakim, what is the code?
14:58:25 [Zakim]
the conference code is 97394 (tel:+1.617.761.6200), TonyR
14:58:51 [pauld]
zakim, read agenda from http://whatfettle.com/2006/07/RDFAgenda/http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jul/0002.html
14:58:51 [Zakim]
working on it, pauld
14:58:54 [Zakim]
agenda+ Dial in information (members only) [.1]:
14:58:56 [Zakim]
agendum 1 added
14:58:57 [Zakim]
agenda+ Issue CR052: Serializing only part of the body with HTTP binding
14:58:59 [Zakim]
agendum 2 added
14:59:04 [Allen]
Allen has joined #ws-desc
14:59:06 [Zakim]
agenda+ Issue CR053: Allow absolute URI in {location} [.1]
14:59:13 [Zakim]
agendum 3 added
14:59:17 [Zakim]
agenda+ Issue CR054: URIPath feedback [.1]
14:59:19 [Zakim]
agendum 4 added
14:59:22 [Zakim]
agenda+ Issue CR055: Clarification needed on HTTP Transfer Coding [.1]
14:59:25 [Zakim]
agendum 5 added
14:59:27 [Zakim]
agenda+ Issue CR056: Questions on {http method} and {safety} extension
14:59:29 [Zakim]
agendum 6 added
14:59:31 [Zakim]
agenda+ Issue CR058: Suggestion to change {safety} to {safe} [.1]
14:59:34 [Zakim]
agendum 7 added
14:59:35 [Zakim]
agenda+ Issue CR059: Editorial: Where does {http location ignore uncited}
14:59:37 [Zakim]
agendum 8 added
14:59:39 [Zakim]
agenda+ Issue CR060: Why don't whttp:authenticationType and {http
14:59:41 [Zakim]
agendum 9 added
14:59:43 [Zakim]
agenda+ Issue CR061: service and binding name shown as QNames in
14:59:46 [Zakim]
agendum 10 added
14:59:47 [Zakim]
agenda+ Issue CR062: Re:service and binding name shown as QNames in
14:59:49 [Zakim]
agendum 11 added
14:59:51 [Zakim]
agenda+ Welcome new member: Eran Chinthaka
14:59:55 [Zakim]
agendum 12 added
14:59:59 [Zakim]
agenda+ Issue CR063: Prefix declarations in inlined schema [.1]
15:00:03 [Zakim]
agendum 13 added
15:00:07 [Zakim]
agenda+ Features "at risk"
15:00:15 [Zakim]
agendum 14 added
15:00:23 [Zakim]
agenda+ Approval of minutes: (Youenn was also present.)
15:00:25 [Zakim]
agendum 15 added
15:00:27 [Zakim]
agenda+ Review of Action items [.1].
15:00:29 [Zakim]
agendum 16 added
15:00:31 [Zakim]
agenda+ Administrivia
15:00:33 [Zakim]
agendum 17 added
15:00:35 [Zakim]
agenda+ Issue CR022: Component Values Must Be Context Independent [.1]
15:00:37 [Zakim]
agendum 18 added
15:00:39 [Zakim]
agenda+ Issue CR037: Comments on Part 2, Chapter 6 [.1]
15:00:41 [Zakim]
agendum 19 added
15:00:43 [Zakim]
agenda+ Issue CR044: Parts 1 and 2 Treat Defaults Inconsistently with each
15:00:45 [Zakim]
agendum 20 added
15:00:47 [Zakim]
agenda+ Issue CR045: Inline schemas with no target namespace [.1]
15:00:51 [Zakim]
agendum 21 added
15:00:53 [Zakim]
done reading agenda, pauld
15:00:57 [pauld]
zakim, agenda-1
15:01:01 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Dial in information (members only) [.1]:, dropped
15:01:09 [TonyR]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:01:09 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P2
15:01:19 [TonyR]
zakim, ??p2 is me
15:01:23 [Zakim]
+TonyR; got it
15:01:30 [Zakim]
+??P39
15:01:33 [JacekK]
JacekK has joined #ws-desc
15:01:34 [Allen]
zakim, ??p39 is Allen
15:01:34 [Zakim]
+Allen; got it
15:01:48 [Zakim]
+??P37
15:01:50 [Zakim]
+JacekK
15:02:19 [ibm]
0
15:02:26 [Zakim]
+ +1.905.413.aaaa
15:02:45 [Jonathan]
Zakim, aaaa is interopevent
15:02:47 [Zakim]
+Glen
15:02:48 [GlenD]
GlenD has joined #ws-desc
15:02:49 [Zakim]
+interopevent; got it
15:03:05 [JacekK]
JacekK has changed the topic to: agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jul/0002.html
15:03:06 [Roberto]
Roberto has joined #ws-desc
15:03:17 [plh]
plh has joined #ws-desc
15:03:41 [Zakim]
+ +1.585.377.aabb
15:03:58 [Jonathan]
Zakim, interopevent holds Jonathan, Arthur, plh, youenn, Jkaputin lmandel_, chathura
15:03:58 [Zakim]
+Jonathan, Arthur, plh, youenn, Jkaputin, lmandel_, chathura; got it
15:05:11 [Zakim]
+Roberto
15:05:28 [Bozhong]
+bozhong
15:06:47 [Jonathan]
zakim, aabb is zehler
15:06:47 [Zakim]
+zehler; got it
15:07:13 [chathura]
hey Glen seeing you after some time
15:08:32 [Arthur]
scribe: Arthur
15:08:58 [Arthur]
meeting: WSD WG Telecon
15:09:07 [chathura]
yah!:)
15:09:16 [Zakim]
+Paul_Downey
15:09:25 [PeteZ]
PeteZ has joined #ws-desc
15:09:45 [Arthur]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jul/0002
15:10:16 [pauld]
zakim, next agendum
15:10:16 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Issue CR052: Serializing only part of the body with HTTP binding" taken up
15:10:23 [pauld]
zakim, agenda?
15:10:23 [Zakim]
I see 20 items remaining on the agenda:
15:10:24 [Zakim]
2. Issue CR052: Serializing only part of the body with HTTP binding
15:10:26 [Zakim]
3. Issue CR053: Allow absolute URI in {location} [from .1]
15:10:28 [Zakim]
4. Issue CR054: URIPath feedback [from .1]
15:10:29 [Zakim]
5. Issue CR055: Clarification needed on HTTP Transfer Coding [from .1]
15:10:32 [Zakim]
6. Issue CR056: Questions on {http method} and {safety} extension
15:10:35 [Zakim]
7. Issue CR058: Suggestion to change {safety} to {safe} [from .1]
15:10:37 [Zakim]
8. Issue CR059: Editorial: Where does {http location ignore uncited}
15:10:39 [Zakim]
9. Issue CR060: Why don't whttp:authenticationType and {http
15:10:42 [Zakim]
10. Issue CR061: service and binding name shown as QNames in
15:10:44 [Zakim]
11. Issue CR062: Re:service and binding name shown as QNames in
15:10:48 [Zakim]
12. Welcome new member: Eran Chinthaka
15:10:51 [Zakim]
13. Issue CR063: Prefix declarations in inlined schema [from .1]
15:10:54 [Zakim]
14. Features "at risk"
15:10:55 [Zakim]
15. Approval of minutes: (Youenn was also present.)
15:10:58 [Zakim]
16. Review of Action items [from .1]
15:10:59 [Zakim]
17. Administrivia
15:11:02 [Zakim]
18. Issue CR022: Component Values Must Be Context Independent [from .1]
15:11:03 [Zakim]
19. Issue CR037: Comments on Part 2, Chapter 6 [from .1]
15:11:04 [Zakim]
20. Issue CR044: Parts 1 and 2 Treat Defaults Inconsistently with each
15:11:06 [Zakim]
21. Issue CR045: Inline schemas with no target namespace [from .1]
15:11:08 [Zakim]
+Anish
15:11:09 [pauld]
zakim, whuptish
15:11:09 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'whuptish', pauld
15:11:13 [Arthur]
chair: Jonathan
15:11:46 [Arthur]
Date: July 6, 2006
15:12:17 [PeteZ]
PeteZ has joined #ws-desc
15:12:31 [Arthur]
topic: action item review
15:13:50 [Arthur]
topic: administrivia
15:14:14 [Arthur]
jonathan: there will be a telecon next two weeks to clear up open issues
15:14:40 [Arthur]
jonathan: assume august holiday from telecons - but still hold implementor telecons
15:15:47 [Arthur]
jonathan: maybe no telecon July 27 due to potential absence of Jonathan and Tony
15:16:22 [plh]
Arthur: we have indeed shown interop. Canon and Apache implementation are talking to each other. We have recorded message logs.
15:16:38 [plh]
... we now have reports that show all the covered assertions.
15:17:05 [plh]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/test-suite/assertions-report.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8
15:17:35 [plh]
Arthur: lots of red in the assertion report.
15:17:50 [plh]
... please contribute that violate the assertions.
15:18:40 [plh]
... Jonathan will check the results produced by the implementations with the expected ones.
15:19:03 [plh]
... we only have two MEPs implemented. Anybody contemplating doing the others?
15:19:30 [plh]
... for the remainder of the events, we'll keep focusing on test coverage
15:19:51 [Arthur]
arthur: red = shame
15:21:35 [plh]
Tony: why 2 or 3 is yellow?
15:21:56 [Zakim]
-??P37
15:22:07 [plh]
Jonathan: we could put green if >= 1. no yellow
15:23:40 [Arthur]
glen: any cases for extensions and features/property?
15:24:36 [Arthur]
arthur: one for Feature, 0 for Property, all the Part 2 extensions
15:24:51 [Arthur]
glen: will contribute some later
15:25:07 [Arthur]
ACTION: Glen to contribute some extension test cases
15:25:31 [Arthur]
topic: CR050
15:26:32 [GlenD]
+1, sounds right
15:27:01 [GlenD]
oh right, this discussion
15:27:18 [GlenD]
+1 add to Interchange Format, -1 add to Component Model, I think
15:27:34 [Arthur]
jonathan: recall that we resolved CR050 with no action since wsdlx is a "characteristic" of the implementation so the wsdlx:safety property gets added to all Operation components even if there is no markup in the documents
15:27:35 [PeteZ]
PeteZ has joined #ws-desc
15:27:36 [Roberto]
I agree with Glen
15:27:52 [JacekK]
me too agrees with Glen
15:28:10 [Arthur]
jonathan: there was a proposal to add {extensions} to Description component
15:28:26 [Jonathan]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jun/0034.html
15:29:31 [Arthur]
Jonathan: make this CR069
15:29:58 [Bozhong]
Bozhong has joined #ws-desc
15:32:11 [Arthur]
glen: agree to putting {extensions} in the component model interchange format put not in the component model
15:32:16 [JacekK]
q+
15:32:24 [Roberto]
q+
15:32:25 [Jonathan]
q- ibm
15:32:33 [Jonathan]
ack jacek
15:33:02 [Jonathan]
ack roberto
15:33:12 [Arthur]
jacek: nice to have {extensions} in component model since it is api guidance
15:33:32 [Arthur]
roberto: agree with glen re interchange format
15:33:40 [Bozhong]
Bozhong has joined #ws-desc
15:33:43 [GlenD]
+q
15:33:45 [GlenD]
q+
15:33:50 [Arthur]
tony: {extension} useful for caching documents too
15:34:10 [Zakim]
+??P0
15:34:12 [Arthur]
roberto: {extensions} not an intrinsic part of the component model
15:34:16 [Arthur]
q+
15:34:35 [Jonathan]
ack glen
15:35:19 [Jonathan]
q+
15:35:22 [Arthur]
glen: +1 to roberto, BUT make be useful if a spec used that property, i.e. it needed to refer to that extension
15:35:25 [Zakim]
-Anish
15:36:07 [JacekK]
q+
15:36:17 [Jonathan]
ack arthur
15:36:38 [JacekK]
q+ to suggest trying to ask for objections one way or the other and just do what doesn't get objections
15:36:40 [Jonathan]
ack jon
15:37:07 [Arthur]
arthur: need to know what extensions are in effect in order to decide validity of the component model
15:37:41 [Arthur]
jonathan: a spec and just refer to another spec, doesn't need an explicit property
15:38:17 [Arthur]
jonathan: the infoset spec started as a library of terms, not a data model
15:38:41 [Arthur]
q+
15:39:05 [Jonathan]
ack jacek
15:39:05 [Zakim]
JacekK, you wanted to suggest trying to ask for objections one way or the other and just do what doesn't get objections
15:39:25 [Arthur]
jacek: this is a minor issue so let's vote
15:39:32 [Jonathan]
ack arthur
15:41:30 [Arthur]
tony: we need to be able to state component model validity so need to know extensions
15:41:48 [Arthur]
jonathan: any objections to the status quo?
15:41:58 [Arthur]
jonathan: no objections
15:42:09 [Arthur]
jonathan: any objections to adding it?
15:42:16 [Arthur]
glen: yes
15:42:20 [Arthur]
roberto: yes
15:42:55 [Arthur]
jonathan: RESOLUTION: closed with no action
15:47:09 [Arthur]
topic: cr056
15:48:58 [Zakim]
-Glen
15:49:13 [Arthur]
arthur: {safety} may not be present if the wsdlx is not "engaged"
15:49:34 [TonyR]
zakim, who is making noise?
15:49:37 [GlenD]
Incidentally, I think this issue is fairly clear cut, and the problem is that we don't have a notion of "processor" and "engaged extensions".
15:49:44 [Zakim]
TonyR, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: TonyR (4%)
15:49:50 [JacekK]
q+ to suggest moving to CR044 discussion, will have to leave in 10 min
15:50:02 [JacekK]
q+ to suggest moving to CR044 discussion after this item, will have to leave in 10 min
15:50:14 [GlenD]
Any extension that you choose to have "engaged" in your environment may well add any properties it wants to the component model, regardless of what is or is not present in the actual markup. IMHO, of course.
15:50:53 [GlenD]
It's up to the extension writers to do a good job at specifying how and when properties should be added/mutated.
15:52:08 [Jonathan]
ack jacek
15:52:08 [Zakim]
JacekK, you wanted to suggest moving to CR044 discussion, will have to leave in 10 min and to suggest moving to CR044 discussion after this item, will have to leave in 10 min
15:52:11 [Arthur]
RESOLUION: close with no action
15:53:01 [Arthur]
topic: CR044
15:53:11 [JacekK]
my version of CR44 writeup: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jul/0014.html
15:53:42 [Arthur]
arthur: by "engaged" I mean supported in the component model
15:59:18 [Arthur]
Jonathan: can be close this as editorial or do we need to see final text?
15:59:27 [Arthur]
tony: i'd like to see the text
15:59:50 [Zakim]
-JacekK
15:59:57 [Arthur]
ACTION: Roberto to propose text for CR044 and related interface-less binding text
16:00:07 [Arthur]
topic: CR067
16:00:40 [Jonathan]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/issues.html#CR067
16:02:09 [Arthur]
q+
16:02:47 [Jonathan]
ack arthur
16:03:18 [Zakim]
-??P0
16:06:09 [Arthur]
Arthur: we should split the definition of the properties and their occurance, like XSD particles
16:06:59 [Arthur]
Jonathan: I propose we just clarify this in the SOAP binding, i.e. say that the HTTP properties occur when the transport is HTTP
16:14:15 [Arthur]
RESOLUTION: Accept Jonathan's proposal
16:16:17 [Arthur]
ACTION: Arthur to update cm interchange schema to make http cookies optional in the soap extension
16:19:06 [sanjiva]
sanjiva has joined #ws-desc
16:22:44 [Arthur]
topic: CR037
16:23:22 [Arthur]
Arthur: the spec only defines a few serializations but doesn't prevent others so I suggest we close this with no action
16:23:33 [Arthur]
RESOLUTION: close with no action
16:24:34 [Arthur]
topic: CR055
16:25:08 [Jonathan]
jacek's proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jun/0032.html
16:33:07 [Zakim]
-Allen
16:33:08 [Zakim]
-zehler
16:33:09 [Zakim]
-Roberto
16:33:11 [Zakim]
-Paul_Downey
16:33:13 [Zakim]
-TonyR
16:33:17 [Jonathan]
zakim, kick ibm
16:33:17 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'kick ibm', Jonathan
16:33:22 [Roberto]
Roberto has left #ws-desc
16:33:22 [TonyR]
TonyR has left #ws-desc
16:33:22 [Zakim]
-interopevent
16:33:24 [Zakim]
WS_DescWG()11:00AM has ended
16:33:25 [Zakim]
Attendees were TonyR, Allen, JacekK, +1.905.413.aaaa, Glen, +1.585.377.aabb, Jonathan, Arthur, plh, youenn, Jkaputin, lmandel_, chathura, Roberto, zehler, Paul_Downey, Anish
16:33:37 [Arthur]
ACTION: John to write proposal for CR055 based on discussion and Jacek's email
16:33:40 [Jonathan]
rrsagent, draft minutes
16:33:40 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/07/06-ws-desc-minutes.html Jonathan
18:35:51 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ws-desc
19:03:23 [plh]
plh has joined #ws-desc
19:40:22 [lmandel]
lmandel has joined #ws-desc
19:41:18 [lmandel_]
lmandel_ has joined #ws-desc
20:01:16 [Arthur]
?