IRC log of wai-wcag on 2006-07-06

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:54:01 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:54:05 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/07/06-wai-wcag-irc
19:54:07 [Michael]
rrsagent, make log world
19:54:55 [Michael]
meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
19:55:01 [Michael]
chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden
19:55:16 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
19:57:00 [Michael]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2006JulSep/0008.html
19:57:03 [Michael]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2006JulSep/0008.html
19:57:24 [Michael]
agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
19:57:25 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
19:57:32 [Zakim]
+??P3
19:57:48 [rellero_]
rellero_ has joined #wai-wcag
19:57:54 [Michael]
agenda+ Last Call Issues from Editors for 22 June <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20060622editorz/results>
19:58:06 [ben]
zakim, ??P3 is Ben_and_Gregg
19:58:06 [Zakim]
+Ben_and_Gregg; got it
19:58:20 [Zakim]
+??P4
19:58:20 [Michael]
agenda+ Last Call Issues from Team A for 29 June <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20060629teama/results>
19:58:29 [rscano]
zakim, ??P4 is Roberto_Scano
19:58:29 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Scano; got it
19:58:50 [Michael]
agenda+ Last Call Issues from Team A for 06 July <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20060706teama/results>
19:58:55 [rscano]
zakim, i am Roberto_Scano
19:58:55 [Zakim]
ok, rscano, I now associate you with Roberto_Scano
19:58:57 [Gregg-awayButPeek]
Gregg-awayButPeek has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:16 [rscano]
zakim, mute me
19:59:16 [Zakim]
Roberto_Scano should now be muted
19:59:19 [Michael]
agenda+ Last Call Issues from Editors for 06 July <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20060706editorz/results>
19:59:20 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow_Weaver
20:00:43 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
20:01:43 [Zakim]
+David
20:01:45 [Zakim]
+[MIT528]
20:01:53 [Michael]
zakim, mit528 is Michael_Cooper
20:01:53 [Zakim]
+Michael_Cooper; got it
20:01:54 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:03 [rellero_]
zakim, [MIT528 is rellero
20:02:03 [Zakim]
sorry, rellero_, I do not recognize a party named '[MIT528'
20:02:12 [ben]
ScribeOptions: -scribeOnly
20:02:39 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic
20:02:51 [Zakim]
-David
20:03:03 [Zakim]
+ +073573aaaa
20:03:23 [bengt]
zakim, +073 is Bengt_Farre
20:03:23 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
20:03:24 [Zakim]
+Judy+Michael
20:03:43 [Michael]
ScribeOptions: scribeOnly
20:03:50 [judy]
judy has joined #wai-wcag
20:03:56 [Zakim]
+??P12
20:03:58 [Michael]
zakim Judy+Michael is Judy_Brewer
20:04:01 [Zakim]
+ +1.301.774.aabb
20:04:19 [Michael]
zakim, +1.301 is Tim_Boland
20:04:19 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland; got it
20:04:30 [Zakim]
+??P10
20:04:35 [Sorcha]
Sorcha has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:35 [rellero_]
zakim, ??P10 is relleo
20:04:35 [Zakim]
+relleo; got it
20:04:36 [Michael]
zakim, ??P12 is Sorcha_Moore
20:04:37 [Zakim]
+Sorcha_Moore; got it
20:04:54 [rellero_]
Zakim, relleo is roberto_ellero
20:04:54 [Zakim]
+roberto_ellero; got it
20:05:03 [rscano]
zakim, mute roberto_ellero
20:05:03 [Zakim]
roberto_ellero should now be muted
20:05:10 [rellero_]
zakim, mute roberto_ellero
20:05:10 [Zakim]
roberto_ellero was already muted, rellero_
20:05:20 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:05:20 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Ben_and_Gregg, Roberto_Scano (muted), Andi_Snow_Weaver, Alex_Li, Michael_Cooper, Sofia_Celic (muted), Bengt_Farre, Judy+Michael, Sorcha_Moore, Tim_Boland,
20:05:23 [Zakim]
... roberto_ellero (muted)
20:05:35 [Michael]
zakim Judy+Michael is Judy_Brewer
20:05:45 [Michael]
zakim Judy is Judy_Brewer
20:05:54 [Michael]
zakim, Judy+Michael is Judy_Brewer
20:05:54 [Zakim]
+Judy_Brewer; got it
20:06:25 [Michael]
zakim, take up item 1
20:06:25 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Announcements, Questions, and Updates" taken up [from Michael]
20:07:23 [judy]
q+
20:07:27 [Andi]
scribe: Andi
20:09:29 [Gregg]
q?
20:09:32 [Gregg]
ack j
20:09:34 [Michael]
ack judy
20:10:30 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #wai-wcag
20:14:52 [Andi]
topic: Editors Survey 22 June, 2006 http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20060622editorz/results
20:15:09 [Andi]
Topic: LC-687 accepted by unanimous consent
20:16:21 [Andi]
Resolution: LC-1412, LC-1405, LC-1232, LC-1216 accepted as proposed by unanimous consent
20:16:25 [Michael]
zakim, next item
20:16:25 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Last Call Issues from Editors for 22 June <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20060622editorz/results>" taken up [from Michael]
20:17:04 [Michael]
agenda?
20:17:06 [Andi]
LC-663, LC-722, LC-855, LC-907, LC-952, LC-999, LC-1004, LC-1005, LC-1177, LC-1181, LC-1184, LC-1185, LC-1186, LC-1189, LC-1191, LC-1261, LC-1262, Failure/SC inconsistency in 1.4.2 accepted as proposed via unanimous consent
20:17:23 [shawn]
shawn has left #wai-wcag
20:17:50 [ben]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20060622editorz/results
20:18:19 [Andi]
topic: Editors Survey 22 June, 2006 http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20060622editorz/results
20:18:25 [Andi]
topic: LC-660
20:18:35 [Makoto]
Makoto has joined #wai-wcag
20:20:18 [Zakim]
+??P14
20:21:09 [Michael]
zakim, ??P14 is Makoto_Ueki
20:21:09 [Zakim]
+Makoto_Ueki; got it
20:21:28 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-660 as amended
20:21:34 [Andi]
topic: LC-685
20:24:10 [judy]
q+ to note the availability of http://www.w3.org/WAI/bcase/soc for wcag 1.0, can be updated
20:24:15 [Michael]
ack j
20:24:15 [Zakim]
judy, you wanted to note the availability of http://www.w3.org/WAI/bcase/soc for wcag 1.0, can be updated
20:24:18 [Gregg]
ack j
20:25:36 [Makoto]
Makoto has joined #wai-wcag
20:26:58 [ben]
q+
20:27:03 [Zakim]
+Gabriele_Bartolini
20:27:37 [Michael]
zakim, Gabriele is Christophe_Strobbe
20:27:37 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe; got it
20:30:22 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
20:30:44 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-685 as currently amended
20:31:30 [Andi]
topic: LC-738
20:31:45 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-738 as proposed and fix two other bullets
20:31:45 [Administrator]
Administrator has joined #wai-wcag
20:32:21 [Makoto]
Makoto has joined #wai-wcag
20:33:30 [Andi]
topic: LC-785
20:34:50 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-785 as currently revised
20:34:57 [Andi]
topic: LC-793
20:36:12 [Zakim]
-Makoto_Ueki
20:37:30 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-793 as currently revised
20:38:00 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:38:01 [Makoto]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Makoto_Ueki
20:38:01 [Zakim]
+Makoto_Ueki; got it
20:38:02 [Andi]
topic: LC-800
20:38:51 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Scano
20:39:43 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-800 as currently written
20:39:54 [Michael]
zakim, next item
20:39:54 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Last Call Issues from Team A for 29 June <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20060629teama/results>" taken up [from Michael]
20:41:53 [Zakim]
-Makoto_Ueki
20:42:00 [Andi]
topic: LC-659
20:43:11 [Zakim]
+??P4
20:43:21 [Makoto]
zakim, ??P4 is Makoto_Ueki
20:43:21 [Zakim]
+Makoto_Ueki; got it
20:47:13 [Andi]
action: Michael to talk to Shawn about what to do about techniques that are attached to guidelines, not success criteria
20:48:23 [Andi]
resolution: put LC-659 on hold to be addressed with other font legibility issues
20:49:19 [Andi]
Topic: LC-700
20:49:50 [Makoto]
Makoto has joined #wai-wcag
20:51:35 [Christophe]
q+
20:52:54 [Administrator]
q+
20:54:12 [Administrator]
zakim, administrator is David
20:54:12 [Zakim]
sorry, Administrator, I do not recognize a party named 'administrator'
20:54:39 [Michael]
ack c
20:54:41 [Michael]
ack a
20:56:48 [Makoto]
Makoto has joined #wai-wcag
21:03:20 [Makoto]
Makoto has joined #wai-wcag
21:05:22 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-700 as proposed
21:05:43 [Andi]
topic: LC-728
21:09:48 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-728 with Christophe's edit for the second to last sentence.
21:10:21 [Andi]
topic: LC-741
21:12:26 [Andi]
action: Gregg to check with Eric Hanson to clarify LC-741
21:12:35 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-741 as proposed
21:13:03 [Andi]
topic: LC-774
21:13:33 [Zakim]
+??P0
21:15:11 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
21:16:19 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-774 as proposed
21:17:22 [Michael]
zakim, next item
21:17:22 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Last Call Issues from Team A for 06 July <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20060706teama/results>" taken up [from Michael]
21:18:15 [Andi]
topic: LC-743
21:21:58 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-743 as proposed except labeled "not accept"
21:22:03 [Andi]
topic: LC-790
21:25:49 [ben]
zakim, ??P0 is Cynthia_Shelly
21:25:49 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly; got it
21:27:32 [Zakim]
-Sorcha_Moore
21:28:18 [Zakim]
+??P1
21:28:37 [Michael]
zakim, ??P1 is Sorcha_Moore
21:28:37 [Zakim]
+Sorcha_Moore; got it
21:36:24 [Christophe]
q+ to say "This is about benefits, not requirements."
21:37:32 [Zakim]
-roberto_ellero
21:41:01 [Christophe]
q-
21:41:15 [judy]
q?
21:42:16 [ben]
ack ??P0
21:45:34 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
21:49:07 [Andi]
resolution: revise 1.1.1 benefit to read, "People who are deaf, are hard of hearing, or who are having trouble understanding audio information for any reason can read the text presentation. Research is ongoing regarding automatic translation of text into sign language."
21:49:28 [Andi]
resolution: revise 1.2.4 note to read, "Captions may be generated using real-time text translation service." (remove parenthetical)
21:49:53 [Andi]
topic: LC-1163
21:50:03 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-1163 as proposed
21:50:08 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
21:50:20 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
21:51:06 [Andi]
topic: LC-1277
21:54:40 [Andi]
resolution: accept LC-1277 as proposed
21:55:44 [Michael]
rrsagent, generate minutes
21:55:44 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/07/06-wai-wcag-minutes.html Michael
21:56:32 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
21:56:39 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
21:56:40 [Zakim]
-Sorcha_Moore
21:56:41 [Zakim]
-Judy_Brewer
21:56:42 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
21:56:42 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow_Weaver
21:56:45 [Zakim]
-Ben_and_Gregg
21:56:47 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
21:56:49 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
21:56:51 [Zakim]
-Makoto_Ueki
21:56:52 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
21:56:53 [Zakim]
Attendees were Ben_and_Gregg, Roberto_Scano, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Alex_Li, David, Michael_Cooper, Sofia_Celic, +073573aaaa, Bengt_Farre, +1.301.774.aabb, Tim_Boland, Sorcha_Moore,
21:56:55 [Zakim]
... roberto_ellero, Judy_Brewer, Makoto_Ueki, Gabriele_Bartolini, Christophe_Strobbe, David_MacDonald, Cynthia_Shelly
21:57:15 [Christophe]
Christophe has left #wai-wcag
21:57:25 [Sorcha]
Sorcha has left #wai-wcag
21:57:32 [rscano]
rscano has left #wai-wcag
22:02:33 [Michael]
zakim, who's on the phone?
22:02:33 [Zakim]
apparently WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended, Michael
22:02:34 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, ben, Michael
22:05:46 [Michael]
Present: Ben_Caldwell, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Roberto_Scano, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Alex_Li, David_MacDonald, Michael_Cooper, Sofia_Selic, Bengt_Farre, Tim_Boland, Sorcha_Moore, Roberto_Ellero, Judy_Brewer, Makoto_Ueki, Christophe_Strobbe, Cynthia_Shelly
22:07:57 [Michael]
zakim, bye
22:07:57 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
22:08:08 [Michael]
rrsagent, bye
22:08:08 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/06-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
22:08:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Michael to talk to Shawn about what to do about techniques that are attached to guidelines, not success criteria [1]
22:08:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/06-wai-wcag-irc#T20-47-13
22:08:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg to check with Eric Hanson to clarify LC-741 [2]
22:08:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/06-wai-wcag-irc#T21-12-26