IRC log of er on 2006-07-05

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:52:50 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
13:52:50 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/07/05-er-irc
13:52:56 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
13:53:06 [shadi]
zakim, this will be ERT
13:53:06 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; I see WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 7 minutes
13:53:13 [shadi]
meeting: ERT WG
13:53:29 [shadi]
chair: Shadi
13:55:09 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2006Jul/0006.html
13:55:24 [shadi]
agenda+ DCMI Type Software
13:55:32 [shadi]
agenda+ DCMI Term URI
13:55:43 [shadi]
agenda+ WCL URI matching
13:55:53 [shadi]
agenda+ Test Samples Development Task Force (TSD TF)
13:56:31 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM has now started
13:56:51 [Zakim]
+Klaus/Johannes/Thomas
13:57:12 [drooks]
drooks has joined #er
13:57:12 [JohannesK]
JohannesK has joined #er
13:58:35 [Zakim]
+Jim_Ley
13:59:23 [CarlosI]
CarlosI has joined #er
13:59:59 [Zakim]
+Shadi
14:00:03 [ChrisR]
ChrisR has joined #er
14:00:09 [Zakim]
+??P7
14:00:36 [Zakim]
+??P8
14:00:41 [chaals]
chaals has joined #er
14:00:46 [shadi]
zakim ??p7 is really CarlosI
14:00:53 [shadi]
zakim, ??p7 is really CarlosI
14:00:53 [Zakim]
+CarlosI; got it
14:01:07 [shadi]
zakim, ??p8 is really David
14:01:07 [Zakim]
+David; got it
14:01:11 [JohannesK]
:-)
14:01:22 [shadi]
heya chaals
14:01:35 [Zakim]
+??P9
14:01:36 [shadi]
is this regrets for this time or in general?
14:01:50 [shadi]
zakim, ??p9 is really Chris
14:01:50 [Zakim]
+Chris; got it
14:03:05 [Zakim]
+Klaus/Johannes/Thomas.a
14:03:16 [carlos]
carlos has joined #er
14:03:37 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
14:03:37 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "DCMI Type Software" taken up [from shadi]
14:03:44 [chaals]
Regrets for this time. I should be online next time.
14:05:04 [drooks]
shadi: covers background...
14:05:34 [drooks]
shadi: no dcmi software class as such
14:05:54 [drooks]
shadi: dcmi does have a software type
14:07:50 [shadi]
ack jim
14:09:26 [drooks]
johannes: can we use foaf:agent to describe software?
14:09:57 [drooks]
johannes: replace earl:software with foaf:agent
14:10:24 [drooks]
shadi: foaf agent not stable yet
14:12:01 [drooks]
jim: think foaf people would be happy if earl:software subclasses foaf:agent
14:12:40 [drooks]
shadi: dope not appropriate
14:13:47 [drooks]
shadi: has talked to Dan and Libby about foaf versioning in case foaf changes and evolves. that way it wont break earl
14:13:55 [JohannesK]
The RDF schema in <http://usefulinc.com/ns/doap#> does not contain a Software class
14:14:09 [shadi]
action: Jim to have another look at DOAP and report back
14:15:34 [shadi]
action: Jim keep pinging Libby about foaf stability
14:16:53 [drooks]
shadi: do we create earl:software or use foaf:software?
14:17:14 [JibberJim]
s/foaf:software/foaf:Agent/
14:18:14 [shadi]
resolution: revert decision of dropping earl:Software and keep it (possibly as a subclass of foaf:Agent)
14:19:06 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 1
14:19:06 [Zakim]
agendum 1, DCMI Type Software, closed
14:19:07 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:19:08 [Zakim]
2. DCMI Term URI [from shadi]
14:19:11 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 2
14:19:11 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "DCMI Term URI" taken up [from shadi]
14:20:02 [JohannesK]
document: <http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-terms/>
14:20:13 [JohannesK]
RDFS: <http://dublincore.org/2005/06/13/dcq>
14:22:18 [drooks]
shadi: we need a property to describe a URI
14:22:43 [drooks]
shadi: dublin code defines URI but it looks like we cant use it
14:23:07 [drooks]
s/code/core/
14:23:34 [shadi]
<dcterms:IdentifierScheme rdf:about="http://purl.org/dc/terms/URI">
14:33:27 [drooks]
shadi: do we define 2 uri properties 1 generic and 1 http specific
14:34:19 [JohannesK]
or have only one, either defined in EARL or in HTTP-in-RDF
14:34:37 [JohannesK]
or in another namespace
14:44:44 [shadi]
resolution: one property to define URI (as RDF) within its won namespace, and described in the HTTP-in-RDF WG Note
14:45:44 [shadi]
resolution: define one property for URI as RDF within its own namespace, and described in the HTTP-in-RDF WG Note
14:46:32 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 2
14:46:32 [Zakim]
agendum 2, DCMI Term URI, closed
14:46:34 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:46:36 [Zakim]
3. WCL URI matching [from shadi]
14:46:40 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 3
14:46:40 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "WCL URI matching" taken up [from shadi]
14:47:46 [drooks]
shadi: wcl have taken up uri pattern matching we have been waiting for their results
14:48:15 [drooks]
shadi: they have just released first notes and we need to look over it and how it fits in with us
14:48:48 [drooks]
action: david to monitor what is going on in wcl internally
14:52:51 [shadi]
action: CarlosI to compare WCL requirements our requirements
14:54:55 [shadi]
action: CarlosV to check how WCL work address previously raised issues
14:55:55 [shadi]
action: all read WCL stuff send to the list recently
14:57:48 [drooks]
shadi: uri pattern matching can be used to say 'everything matching this pattern passes this test case'
14:59:17 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 3
14:59:17 [Zakim]
agendum 3, WCL URI matching, closed
14:59:18 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
14:59:19 [Zakim]
4. Test Samples Development Task Force (TSD TF) [from shadi]
14:59:22 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 4
14:59:22 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Test Samples Development Task Force (TSD TF)" taken up [from shadi]
15:01:30 [Zakim]
-Klaus/Johannes/Thomas
15:01:31 [Zakim]
-David
15:01:33 [Zakim]
-Shadi
15:01:35 [Zakim]
-Chris
15:01:36 [ChrisR]
ChrisR has left #er
15:01:36 [Zakim]
-Klaus/Johannes/Thomas.a
15:01:36 [Zakim]
-Jim_Ley
15:01:46 [Zakim]
-CarlosI
15:01:48 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM has ended
15:01:49 [Zakim]
Attendees were Klaus/Johannes/Thomas, Jim_Ley, Shadi, CarlosI, David, Chris
15:02:51 [shadi]
zakim, bye
15:02:51 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #er
15:02:59 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
15:03:03 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:03:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/07/05-er-minutes.html shadi
15:03:05 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
15:03:11 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
15:03:11 [RRSAgent]
I see 6 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/05-er-actions.rdf :
15:03:11 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jim to have another look at DOAP and report back [1]
15:03:11 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/05-er-irc#T14-14-09
15:03:11 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jim keep pinging Libby about foaf stability [2]
15:03:11 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/05-er-irc#T14-15-34
15:03:11 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: david to monitor what is going on in wcl internally [3]
15:03:11 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/05-er-irc#T14-48-48
15:03:11 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CarlosI to compare WCL requirements our requirements [4]
15:03:11 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/05-er-irc#T14-52-51
15:03:11 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CarlosV to check how WCL work address previously raised issues [5]
15:03:11 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/05-er-irc#T14-54-55
15:03:11 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: all read WCL stuff send to the list recently [6]
15:03:11 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/05-er-irc#T14-55-55