IRC log of wai-wcag on 2006-06-22

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:41:45 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:41:45 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/06/22-wai-wcag-irc
19:42:11 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #wai-wcag
19:42:20 [ben]
RRSAgent, do not start a new log
19:42:27 [ben]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Telecon
19:42:34 [ben]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2006AprJun/0367.html
19:42:40 [ben]
Chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden and Loretta_Guarino_Reid
19:42:46 [ben]
agenda+ Announcements
19:42:53 [ben]
agenda+ [DRAFT] WCAG 2.0 Test Samples Development Task Force (TSD TF) Work
19:42:53 [ben]
Statement
19:43:03 [ben]
agenda+ [DRAFT] WCAG 2.0 Materials Support Task Force Work Statement
19:43:11 [ben]
agenda+ Last Call Issues from Team C for 22 June
19:43:17 [ben]
agenda+ Last Call Issues from Team A for 22 June
19:43:22 [ben]
agenda+ Last Call Issues from Team B for 22 June
19:43:26 [ben]
agenda+ Last Call Issues from Editors for 22 June
19:43:43 [ben]
rrsagent, off
20:22:06 [becka11y]
Resoluton: Accept items ( see Unanimous Consent Items: posted by Ben) where all survey participants agreed with the proposal.
20:22:20 [ben]
agenda?
20:22:27 [ben]
RRSAgent, take up agendum 4
20:22:27 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'take up agendum 4', ben. Try /msg RRSAgent help
20:22:35 [ben]
Zakim, take up agendum 4
20:22:36 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Last Call Issues from Team C for 22 June" taken up [from ben]
20:24:02 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:24:06 [ben]
Topic: LC-558
20:24:44 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:25:26 [rellero_]
rellero_ has joined #wai-wcag
20:25:41 [Zakim]
-rellero
20:26:29 [rellero_]
rellero_ has joined #wai-wcag
20:27:15 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:27:20 [rellero_]
zakm, [IPcaller is rellero
20:27:31 [rellero_]
zakim, [IPcaller is rellero_
20:27:31 [Zakim]
+rellero_; got it
20:27:36 [ben]
zakim, mute rellero
20:27:36 [Zakim]
rellero_ should now be muted
20:27:37 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:27:39 [rellero_]
zakim, mute me
20:27:39 [Zakim]
rellero_ was already muted, rellero_
20:28:38 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:35:00 [becka11y]
Resolution: Put issue LC-558 on hold for possible addtional public comments.
20:35:10 [becka11y]
Topic: Issue LC-600
20:36:35 [becka11y]
Resolution: Adopt Resolution for LC-600 with ammended comment: "Thus, it is important not to rely on CSS to visually position content in a specific sequence if this sequence results in a meaning that is different from the programmatically determined reading order."
20:36:59 [becka11y]
Topic: Issue LC-629
20:40:15 [Zakim]
+??P14
20:45:05 [becka11y]
Resolution: Update first sentence of resolution to replace "addition" to "use": "This success criterion does not prevent the use of programmatic information which can be used by AT or the user agent to identify and provide error information." Accept the resolution in principle. Action for Christophe to make this information clear in the How to Meet document. Issue stays open until action item is complete.
20:46:12 [becka11y]
Action: Christophe update How To Meet for 2.5.1 to explain the use of programmitic information to provide error text.
20:46:39 [becka11y]
Topic: Issue LC-630
20:50:17 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:51:16 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:54:27 [Zakim]
-Don_Evans
20:54:57 [gregg]
ack al
20:56:27 [gregg]
ack lor
21:02:02 [gregg]
ack l
21:07:46 [becka11y]
Resolution for Issue LC-630: Group agrees in principle with the response to not update the SC text. Update response text "suggestions for error correct" with "suggetions for error correction", Leave open and assign to Loretta to work out final language for HTM doc.
21:07:50 [ben]
Topic: LC-631
21:08:14 [becka11y]
Topic: Issue LC-631
21:09:13 [becka11y]
Resolution: Put issue 631 on hold in the "AT push" category. Assign action to Loretta to address this issue.
21:09:24 [becka11y]
Topic: Issue LC-632
21:09:41 [becka11y]
Resolution: Put issue 632 on hold in the "AT push" category. Assign action to Loretta to address this issue.
21:10:09 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:11:00 [becka11y]
Action: Loretta to work on Issues 630, 631, and 632.
21:11:23 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:11:58 [becka11y]
Topic: Issue LC-587
21:14:46 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:14:46 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Judy, Becky_Gibson, Sofia_Celic (muted), Wendy, David_MacDonald, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Ben_Caldwell, Michael_Cooper, Christophe_Strobbe,
21:14:50 [Zakim]
... Alex_Li, Sorcha_Moore, Katie_Haritos_Shea, Tim_Boland, rellero_ (muted), ??P14, Bruce_Bailey
21:14:52 [Zakim]
Ben_Caldwell has Gregg_Vanderheiden
21:15:31 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:15:35 [ben]
zakim, ??P14 is Cynthia_Shelly
21:15:35 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly; got it
21:16:36 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:17:42 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
21:19:46 [Michael]
q+ to say this sounds like a task for the EO task force
21:19:59 [judy]
q+
21:21:40 [judy]
q+ to comment on some current difficulties using the mapping, and note that EOWG is sending (today) comments on how to improve the mapping so that it is more usable
21:21:51 [gregg]
ack m
21:21:51 [Zakim]
Michael_Cooper, you wanted to say this sounds like a task for the EO task force
21:22:07 [gregg]
ack j
21:22:07 [Zakim]
judy, you wanted to comment on some current difficulties using the mapping, and note that EOWG is sending (today) comments on how to improve the mapping so that it is more usable
21:26:43 [wendy]
ScribeOptions: -scribeOnly
21:28:23 [gregg]
ack b
21:28:24 [Andi]
q+
21:29:00 [gregg]
ACK A
21:32:16 [becka11y]
Resolution: Do not accept the proposed resolution for LC-587. Action item to Gregg, Bruce, Becky to see if it can be made clearer that 1.3.1
21:32:24 [ben]
zakim, close this item
21:32:24 [Zakim]
agendum 4 closed
21:32:25 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
21:32:26 [Zakim]
5. Last Call Issues from Team A for 22 June [from ben]
21:32:28 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 5
21:32:28 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Last Call Issues from Team A for 22 June" taken up [from ben]
21:32:55 [becka11y]
Updated Resolution: Do not accept the proposed resolution for LC-587. Action item to Gregg, Bruce, Becky to see if it can be made clearer that 1.3.1 addresses labelling form elements.
21:33:44 [becka11y]
Action: Gregg, Bruce, Becky to address issue 587 and see if it can be made clearer that 1.3.1 addresses labelling form elements.
21:35:05 [becka11y]
Topic: Issue LC-534
21:35:34 [becka11y]
Resolution: Accept proposal for issue LC 534 as edited.
21:35:55 [becka11y]
Topic: Issue LC-580
21:37:30 [Christophe]
zakim, mute me
21:37:30 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should now be muted
21:41:28 [gregg]
ACK LOR
21:43:33 [becka11y]
Resolution: Accept issue 587 as proposed but put on hold for overall luminosity review.
21:44:14 [becka11y]
Topic: Issue LC-598
21:44:46 [becka11y]
Resolution: accept proposal for issue 598 with edits suggested by Bruce.
21:45:11 [becka11y]
Topic: Issue LC-614
21:47:16 [becka11y]
Resolution: Put issue 614 on hold in category of "level descriptions" so we can look at all the level related issues together.
21:47:33 [Christophe]
zakim, unmute me
21:47:33 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should no longer be muted
21:47:38 [becka11y]
Topic: Issue LC-617
21:50:02 [becka11y]
Resolution: Accept issue 617 as propsed with an action item to implement Christophe's suggestion implemented: "Can we change that bullet in Appendix D from "if style sheets are in your baseline, WCAG 1.0 checkpoint 6.1 is not required;" to "if style sheets are in your baseline, WCAG 1.0 checkpoint 6.1 is not required, but the meaning of the content must not depend on CSS positioning (SC 1.3.3);" in order to avoid confusion in the future?"
21:50:24 [becka11y]
Topic: Issue LC-637
21:54:28 [becka11y]
q+
21:57:08 [becka11y]
q-
21:58:38 [becka11y]
Resolution: Issue 637 is referred back to team A.
22:00:08 [becka11y]
Topic: Issue LC-663
22:00:36 [becka11y]
Resolution: Issue 663 is referred back to team A to review comments from survey.
22:01:46 [Zakim]
-rellero_
22:01:50 [becka11y]
Topic: Issue 718
22:02:57 [ben]
ack Bru
22:02:58 [gregg]
ACK BRU
22:03:01 [ben]
ack lor
22:03:02 [becka11y]
q+
22:03:39 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow_Weaver
22:05:50 [judy]
gregg?
22:06:35 [gregg]
Q?
22:07:41 [gregg]
ACK B
22:08:51 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
22:10:14 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
22:11:02 [Zakim]
-Wendy
22:11:36 [becka11y]
Issue 718 remains open - we will pick up here next week.
22:11:46 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
22:11:47 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
22:11:49 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
22:11:49 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:11:50 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
22:11:51 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
22:11:53 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos_Shea
22:11:54 [Zakim]
-Ben_Caldwell
22:11:55 [Zakim]
-Judy
22:12:08 [Zakim]
-Sorcha_Moore
22:12:49 [becka11y]
becka11y has left #wai-wcag
22:14:30 [Zakim]
+ +1.415.832.aaaa
22:14:58 [Zakim]
- +1.415.832.aaaa
22:15:06 [Sorcha]
Sorcha has left #wai-wcag
22:15:13 [Christophe]
Christophe has left #wai-wcag
22:16:03 [ben]
Present: Shawn_Henry, Judy_Brewer, Becky_Gibson, Sofia_Celic, Wendy_Chisholm, David_MacDonald, Don_Evans, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Ben_Caldwell, Michael_Cooper, Christophe_Strobbe, Alex_Li, Sorcha_Moore, Bruce_Bailey, Roberto_Ellero, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Katie_Haritos_Shea, Tim_Boland, Cynthia_Shelly
22:25:13 [ben]
RRSAgent, bye
22:25:13 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/06/22-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
22:25:13 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Christophe update How To Meet for 2.5.1 to explain the use of programmitic information to provide error text. [1]
22:25:13 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/06/22-wai-wcag-irc#T20-46-12
22:25:13 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Loretta to work on Issues 630, 631, and 632. [2]
22:25:13 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/06/22-wai-wcag-irc#T21-11-00
22:25:13 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg, Bruce, Becky to address issue 587 and see if it can be made clearer that 1.3.1 addresses labelling form elements. [3]
22:25:13 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/06/22-wai-wcag-irc#T21-33-44