IRC log of mmsem on 2006-06-22

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:40:17 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mmsem
15:40:18 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/06/22-mmsem-irc
15:40:52 [raphael]
Meeting: Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 22-06-2006
15:41:11 [raphael]
Scribe: raphael
15:41:33 [raphael]
ScribeNick: raphael
15:42:52 [raphael]
Chair: Jeff
15:43:37 [raphael]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Jun/0006.html
15:48:43 [JeffP]
JeffP has joined #mmsem
15:48:53 [JeffP]
Hi Raphael
15:49:33 [ipratika]
ipratika has joined #mmsem
15:52:43 [alessio]
alessio has joined #mmsem
15:53:52 [TastenTom]
TastenTom has joined #mmsem
15:55:55 [pasquale]
pasquale has joined #mmsem
15:56:08 [pasquale]
hi all from pasquale
15:56:10 [raphael]
zakim, what conferences
15:56:10 [Zakim]
raphael, you need to end that query with '?'
15:56:12 [raphael]
zakim, what conferences?
15:56:12 [Zakim]
I see INC_MMSEM()12:00PM, DIG_TAMI()11:00AM, SW_HCLS()11:00AM, XML_PMWG()11:00AM active
15:56:14 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are WAI_Team()10:45AM, GA_WebCGM()11:00AM, WS_DescWG()11:00AM, VB_VBWG()10:00AM, I18N_Core_WG(WS-I18N)11:00AM, SYMM_TTWG()12:00PM
15:56:37 [alessio]
hi all
15:56:38 [JeffP]
Hi pasquale
15:56:44 [raphael]
zakim, this conference is INC_MMSEM
15:56:44 [Zakim]
ok, raphael; that matches INC_MMSEM()12:00PM
15:56:59 [raphael]
Meeting: Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 22-06-2006
15:56:59 [Zakim]
+ +49.261.287.aaaa
15:57:06 [Zakim]
-??P2
15:57:08 [raphael]
Chair: Jeff
15:57:11 [raphael]
ScribeNick: raphael
15:57:14 [raphael]
Scribe: raphael
15:57:16 [raphael]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Jun/0006.html
15:57:29 [raphael]
zakim, who is here?
15:57:29 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +49.261.287.aaaa
15:57:30 [Zakim]
On IRC I see pasquale, TastenTom, alessio, ipratika, JeffP, RRSAgent, Zakim, raphael, iavr
15:57:48 [Zakim]
+??P2
15:58:14 [Zakim]
+??P11
15:58:21 [JeffP]
Zakim, ??P2 is me
15:58:21 [Zakim]
+JeffP; got it
15:58:28 [raphael]
zakim, +??P11 is me
15:58:28 [Zakim]
sorry, raphael, I do not recognize a party named '+??P11'
15:58:59 [raphael]
zakim, who is here?
15:59:00 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +49.261.287.aaaa, JeffP, ??P11
15:59:03 [Zakim]
On IRC I see pasquale, TastenTom, alessio, ipratika, JeffP, RRSAgent, Zakim, raphael, iavr
15:59:31 [raphael]
zakim, ??P11 is raphael
15:59:31 [Zakim]
+raphael; got it
15:59:46 [patriziaasirelli]
patriziaasirelli has joined #mmsem
15:59:52 [chalaschek]
chalaschek has joined #MMSEM
16:00:01 [raphael]
zakim, 49.261.287.aaaa is Thomas
16:00:01 [Zakim]
sorry, raphael, I do not recognize a party named '49.261.287.aaaa'
16:00:06 [raphael]
zakim, +49.261.287.aaaa is Thomas
16:00:06 [Zakim]
+Thomas; got it
16:00:12 [raphael]
zakim, who is here?
16:00:12 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Thomas, JeffP, raphael
16:00:13 [Zakim]
On IRC I see chalaschek, patriziaasirelli, pasquale, TastenTom, alessio, ipratika, JeffP, RRSAgent, Zakim, raphael, iavr
16:00:47 [Zakim]
+Chris_Halaschek-Wiener
16:00:54 [raphael]
could you please all join us on the phone ?
16:00:58 [Zakim]
+??P4
16:01:19 [Zakim]
+??P13
16:01:32 [pasquale]
zakim, ??p13 is pasquale
16:01:32 [Zakim]
+pasquale; got it
16:01:36 [raphael]
zakim, ??P13 is Pasquale
16:01:36 [Zakim]
I already had ??P13 as pasquale, raphael
16:01:42 [alessio]
i'm sorry... today i can't use the bridge
16:02:22 [VassilisTzouvaras]
VassilisTzouvaras has joined #mmsem
16:02:44 [raphael]
zakim, ??P4 is Melliyal
16:02:44 [Zakim]
+Melliyal; got it
16:02:48 [Zakim]
+ +39.050.315.aabb
16:03:13 [patriziaasirelli]
hi all, I'm Patrizia Asirelli and with me there is also Massimo Martinelli
16:03:29 [raphael]
zakim, +39.050.315.aabb is Patrizia
16:03:29 [Zakim]
+Patrizia; got it
16:03:53 [raphael]
zakim, who is here?
16:03:53 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Thomas, JeffP, raphael, Chris_Halaschek-Wiener, Melliyal, pasquale, Patrizia
16:03:55 [Zakim]
On IRC I see VassilisTzouvaras, chalaschek, patriziaasirelli, pasquale, TastenTom, alessio, ipratika, JeffP, RRSAgent, Zakim, raphael, iavr
16:04:17 [Zakim]
+ +30210803aacc
16:04:41 [raphael]
zakim, +30210803aacc is Yiannis
16:04:41 [Zakim]
+Yiannis; got it
16:04:44 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:05:06 [raphael]
zakim, +[IPcaller] is Giovanni
16:05:06 [Zakim]
sorry, raphael, I do not recognize a party named '+[IPcaller]'
16:05:11 [raphael]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Giovanni
16:05:11 [Zakim]
+Giovanni; got it
16:05:29 [Zakim]
+ +681302aadd
16:05:49 [iavr]
the name is Yannis, not Yiannis :-)
16:05:59 [raphael]
zakim, +681302aadd is Paul
16:05:59 [Zakim]
+Paul; got it
16:06:03 [raphael]
zakim, who is here?
16:06:03 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Thomas, JeffP, raphael, Chris_Halaschek-Wiener, Melliyal, pasquale, Patrizia, Yiannis, Giovanni, Paul
16:06:05 [Zakim]
On IRC I see VassilisTzouvaras, chalaschek, patriziaasirelli, pasquale, TastenTom, alessio, ipratika, JeffP, RRSAgent, Zakim, raphael, iavr
16:06:34 [thristo]
thristo has joined #mmsem
16:06:44 [Zakim]
+[IVML]
16:07:17 [TastenTom]
TastenTom has left #mmsem
16:07:21 [VassilisTzouvaras]
zakim, ivml is VassilisTzouvaras
16:07:21 [Zakim]
+VassilisTzouvaras; got it
16:07:34 [raphael]
zakim, who is here?
16:07:34 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Thomas, JeffP, raphael, Chris_Halaschek-Wiener, Melliyal, pasquale, Patrizia, Yiannis, Giovanni, Paul, VassilisTzouvaras
16:07:36 [Zakim]
On IRC I see thristo, VassilisTzouvaras, chalaschek, patriziaasirelli, pasquale, alessio, ipratika, JeffP, RRSAgent, Zakim, raphael, iavr
16:08:02 [TastenTom]
TastenTom has joined #mmsem
16:08:04 [Melli]
Melli has joined #mmsem
16:08:21 [raphael]
Topic: 1. Admin
16:08:48 [raphael]
Regrets: Jacco, Susanne, Geroge
16:08:59 [pasquale]
regrets also roberto ellero
16:09:13 [giovannit]
giovannit has joined #mmsem
16:09:18 [raphael]
Agenda approved
16:09:20 [giovannit]
hello
16:09:23 [giovannit]
:-)
16:10:45 [VassilisTzouvaras]
zakim, mute me
16:10:45 [Zakim]
VassilisTzouvaras should now be muted
16:13:28 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:13:34 [paulb]
paulb has joined #mmsem
16:13:53 [raphael]
Overall goal of this XG: give advice to the W3C, what to do with the multimedia topic in general ? WG ? Recommendation Track ?
16:14:09 [raphael]
Topic: 2. XG Updates
16:14:14 [raphael]
Self presentation!
16:14:50 [raphael]
Raphael: CWI, Amsterdam, interest in multimedia ontologies, aligning ontologies, interoperability problems with several multimedia vocabularies
16:15:15 [jacco]
jacco has joined #mmsem
16:15:23 [raphael]
Jeff Z. Pan, lecturer in University of Aberden, interest in formal logic, RDF
16:15:29 [ipratika]
I’m Ioannis Pratikakis, working as a Research Scientist at the Institute of Informatics and Telecommunications of the NCSR “Demokritos”, Athens, Greece. My research interests include content-based multimedia search and retrieval as well as knowledge-driven multimedia analysis concerning modalities like images, video and 3D graphics.
16:16:20 [giovannit]
is this logged/wikied?
16:17:04 [jacco]
yes, this is logged
16:17:19 [raphael]
Thomas: University of Koblenz, DE, work in aceMedia, XMedia, and K-Space. Liaison work for Koblenz between the XG and these projects
16:17:27 [jacco]
rrsagent, pointer
16:17:27 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2006/06/22-mmsem-irc#T16-17-27
16:17:34 [VassilisTzouvaras]
zakim, unmute me
16:17:34 [Zakim]
VassilisTzouvaras should no longer be muted
16:18:14 [raphael]
K-Space member of W3C from July 1st officially
16:18:28 [jacco]
rrsagent, make notes public
16:18:28 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make notes public', jacco. Try /msg RRSAgent help
16:18:42 [jacco]
rrsagent, make minutes public
16:18:42 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make minutes public', jacco. Try /msg RRSAgent help
16:19:17 [raphael]
Vassilis: NTUA, Greece. Interest: multimedia semantics, fuzzy description logics
16:20:03 [raphael]
Giorgos: knowledge technologies for multimedia, uncertainty
16:20:37 [VassilisTzouvaras]
zakim, mute me
16:20:37 [Zakim]
VassilisTzouvaras should now be muted
16:20:45 [raphael]
Chris: University of Maryland, US. Interest: image annotation using ontologies
16:20:56 [jacco]
rrsagent, make logs public
16:21:37 [raphael]
Melliyal, Oracle, US. Interest: work on semantics, how semantics can be used for better search of media items, interoperability of metadata
16:22:47 [raphael]
Pasquale, Napoli, Italy, EU: Web accessible specialist, maintain the Italian Semantic Web portal
16:23:49 [giovannit]
what is the order? web page ? which web page? :-) such a newbie.. sorry
16:24:18 [raphael]
Patrizia, CNR, Pisa, Italy: work in the MUSCLE NoE
16:24:27 [Zakim]
-VassilisTzouvaras
16:24:59 [raphael]
Massimo, CNR, Pisa, Italy: MUSCLE project, interest in ontologies and multimedia
16:25:24 [Zakim]
+VassilisTzouvaras
16:25:38 [VassilisTzouvaras]
zakim, mute me
16:25:38 [Zakim]
VassilisTzouvaras should now be muted
16:26:17 [alessio]
I'm Alessio Cartocci, an italian senior consultant in accessibility, web standards and multimedia application. As IWA Italy member i partecipate to the project "Webaccessibile". My research interests are semantics, media streaming and distribution, cross-links between standards, accessibility and cultural projects.
16:26:28 [alessio]
:-)
16:27:50 [raphael]
Yiannis, NTUA, Greece: image processing and analysis; has been involved in several projects dealing with multimedia and SW technologies (aceMedia, K-Space, MeSH, XMedia); local organizer of the SAMT conference
16:28:13 [JeffP]
q?
16:29:51 [raphael]
Giovanni, University of Ancona, Italy. Interests: interoperability MPEG-7/RDF, Peer to Peer technologies
16:31:11 [thristo]
ovviamente si
16:31:14 [iavr]
zakim, Yiannis is Yannis
16:31:14 [Zakim]
+Yannis; got it
16:31:18 [thristo]
ops...
16:32:15 [raphael]
Paul, DFKI, DE: represents Thierry and Stefan. Expertise in linguistic technologies, connection between linguistics descriptors and images descriptors and ontologies
16:32:57 [thristo]
I'm Christian Morbodoni from University of Ancona Italy, I'm doing my PhD and I work with Giovanni, so I think He already said the important things...
16:33:40 [raphael]
Topic: 3. LIAISON SWBPD
16:33:44 [giovannit]
resources that might be of interest to define our backgroup (Semedia) http://dbin.org - Semantic Web rich client featuring P2P for rdf annotations exchange http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpeg7audiodb http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpeg7audioenc Extraction and processing of MPEG-7 audio metadata
16:34:09 [patriziaasirelli]
we would have to say that Ovidio Salvetti is in our group and he will register as member as well
16:34:57 [raphael]
Image Semantic on the Semantic Web: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/MM/image_annotation.html
16:36:18 [chalaschek]
This is fine with me.
16:36:24 [Melli]
Yes.
16:36:28 [pasquale]
ok
16:36:30 [patriziaasirelli]
this is fine for us
16:36:31 [TastenTom]
its fine, ok
16:36:32 [giovannit]
ok
16:36:34 [thristo]
yup
16:36:34 [raphael]
Accept ownership of the documents produced by the SWBPD MM Task Force
16:37:02 [raphael]
?
16:37:17 [giovannit]
where do i find a definition of "accepting the ownership" ? :-)
16:37:18 [VassilisTzouvaras]
zakim, unmute me
16:37:18 [Zakim]
VassilisTzouvaras should no longer be muted
16:37:44 [raphael]
RESOLVED
16:38:27 [JeffP]
who is talking?
16:38:28 [VassilisTzouvaras]
zakim, mute me
16:38:28 [Zakim]
VassilisTzouvaras should now be muted
16:38:48 [raphael]
Views / Expectations of this XG
16:41:55 [raphael]
Thomas: representation of multimedia metadata, different aspect of multimedia metadata, multimedia ontologies (DOLCE, MPEG-7)
16:42:54 [raphael]
Chris: following the work done in the MM TF
16:43:28 [raphael]
Melliyal: show practically how semantics can be useful ! showcase, killer application
16:43:44 [giovannit]
+1 for real applications
16:44:30 [raphael]
Pasquale: web accessibility (combine knowledge) ... don't get the end :-(
16:44:57 [pasquale]
My desire: an accessible Web more Semantic, and a Semantic Web more accessible ;-)
16:45:14 [raphael]
Patrizia: Retrieval of multimeia content, inference
16:46:56 [raphael]
Yiannis: automatic analysis, automatic annotation of images, News Video (TrecVideo), many vocabularies used
16:48:13 [raphael]
Giovanni: real applications, real use cases where semantics is needed in multmedia applications
16:49:43 [VassilisTzouvaras]
zakim, unmute me
16:49:43 [Zakim]
VassilisTzouvaras should no longer be muted
16:49:44 [raphael]
Paul: automatic annotation (video and images)
16:50:07 [Zakim]
-VassilisTzouvaras
16:50:12 [raphael]
Vassilis: continue the work of the MM TF
16:50:32 [VassilisTzouvaras]
sorry my line was droped
16:51:02 [VassilisTzouvaras]
but I wanted to point the interoperability issue in the cultural domain
16:51:19 [VassilisTzouvaras]
and the multilinguality issue
16:52:04 [Zakim]
+VassilisTzouvaras
16:52:59 [raphael]
Rapahel & Jacco: use case, guidelines, best practices for adding a semantic layer (RDF) on top of the many existing multimedia standards, vocabularies, format
16:53:18 [VassilisTzouvaras]
zakim, mute me
16:53:18 [Zakim]
VassilisTzouvaras should now be muted
16:53:24 [raphael]
Topic: 4. Face 2 Face
16:53:29 [raphael]
only 4 answers so far
16:54:18 [giovannit]
Me and Christian Morbidoni will be in Amsterdam, no matter if we can reach the form or not :-) (we dont have the password)
16:54:32 [VassilisTzouvaras]
zakim, unmute me
16:54:32 [Zakim]
VassilisTzouvaras should no longer be muted
16:54:33 [raphael]
ok Giovanni, thanks
16:55:08 [patriziaasirelli]
I have tried to register but I think I need to become a member first?
16:55:31 [raphael]
yes Patrizia, just you will come in Amsterdam from Pisa ?
16:55:36 [TastenTom]
i also don't have an account yet but i am going to participate in the F2F meeting!
16:55:47 [raphael]
ok, thanks Tom !
16:55:56 [Melli]
I apologize that I will not be able to make it to this face-to-face meeting, I will also fill the form.
16:56:32 [patriziaasirelli]
I intnd to come, I an not 100% sure yet
16:56:32 [raphael]
ok, thanks Melli, the next F2F will be hopefully in US, more convenient for you :-)
16:57:08 [Massimo]
Massimo has joined #mmsem
16:57:13 [VassilisTzouvaras]
zakim, mute me
16:57:13 [Zakim]
VassilisTzouvaras should now be muted
16:59:57 [VassilisTzouvaras]
zakim, unmute me
16:59:58 [Zakim]
VassilisTzouvaras should no longer be muted
17:00:31 [raphael]
ACTION: Jeff, Raphael to propose the first draft of the F2F meeting agenda
17:00:37 [raphael]
TOPIC: 5. AOB
17:00:48 [raphael]
USE the PUBLIC mailling list !
17:01:26 [Zakim]
-VassilisTzouvaras
17:01:27 [Zakim]
-Melliyal
17:01:27 [Zakim]
-Patrizia
17:01:28 [Zakim]
-Paul
17:01:29 [Zakim]
-Chris_Halaschek-Wiener
17:01:31 [Zakim]
-Yannis
17:01:32 [Zakim]
-raphael
17:01:34 [Zakim]
-pasquale
17:01:35 [Zakim]
-Thomas
17:01:35 [Zakim]
-Giovanni
17:01:37 [Zakim]
-JeffP
17:01:53 [ipratika]
ipratika
17:02:05 [raphael]
rrsagent, draft minutes
17:02:05 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/06/22-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
17:02:14 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
17:02:15 [Zakim]
INC_MMSEM()12:00PM has ended
17:02:17 [Zakim]
Attendees were JeffP, raphael, Thomas, Chris_Halaschek-Wiener, pasquale, Melliyal, Patrizia, Giovanni, Paul, VassilisTzouvaras, [IPcaller], Yannis
17:02:24 [raphael]
rrsagent, make minutes public
17:02:24 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make minutes public', raphael. Try /msg RRSAgent help
17:03:37 [TastenTom]
for the F2F meeting, i don't know yet when and where exactly it takes place. could someone tell me please?
17:04:40 [jacco]
raphael, minutes are already public
17:05:21 [Massimo]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Jun/0002.html (F2F)
17:05:38 [raphael]
rrsagent, make logs public
17:06:48 [raphael]
zakim, bye
17:06:49 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mmsem
17:06:55 [raphael]
rrsagent, bye
17:06:55 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/06/22-mmsem-actions.rdf :
17:06:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jeff, Raphael to propose the first draft of the F2F meeting agenda [1]
17:06:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/06/22-mmsem-irc#T17-00-31