IRC log of ws-desc on 2006-06-01

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:56:16 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ws-desc
13:56:17 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/06/01-ws-desc-irc
13:56:25 [Jonathan]
Zakim, list conferences
13:56:25 [Zakim]
I see WAI_SC(F2F)7:30AM, SVG_WG()3:00AM active
13:56:27 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are Team_Global(review)8:00AM, MWI_BPWG()10:00AM, VB_VBWG()10:00AM, WS_DescWG(WSDL)10:00AM, DI_DIWG(dpf)10:00AM
13:56:33 [Jonathan]
Zakim, this will be WSDL
13:56:33 [Zakim]
ok, Jonathan; I see WS_DescWG(WSDL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
13:56:41 [Jonathan]
RRSAgent, set log world
14:00:20 [TonyR]
TonyR has joined #ws-desc
14:01:37 [Zakim]
WS_DescWG(WSDL)10:00AM has now started
14:01:44 [Zakim]
+??P9
14:01:53 [TonyR]
zakim, ??p9 is me
14:01:53 [Zakim]
+TonyR; got it
14:02:24 [Zakim]
+Arthur_Ryman
14:02:27 [Zakim]
-TonyR
14:02:28 [Zakim]
+TonyR
14:03:05 [Zakim]
+Jonathan_Marsh
14:04:11 [Arthur]
Arthur has joined #ws-desc
14:09:31 [Zakim]
+jkaputin
14:09:48 [Zakim]
+Canon
14:13:06 [youenn]
youenn has joined #ws-desc
14:18:08 [Jonathan]
Action: Arthur to add wrappers to the schema.
14:25:08 [jjm]
jjm has joined #ws-desc
14:27:54 [Jonathan]
Action: Arthur to put parent, features, properties in the base schema.
14:36:23 [Jonathan]
Action: Jonathan to add sorting of soap modules, http/soap headers.
14:50:02 [Zakim]
This conference is scheduled to end in 10 minutes; 2 ports must be freed
14:54:54 [pauld]
pauld has joined #ws-desc
14:55:01 [Zakim]
This conference is scheduled to end in 5 minutes; 2 ports must be freed
14:55:34 [Jonathan]
Action: John to file issue whether {rpc signature} should be OPTIONAL (4.1.1)
14:58:02 [Zakim]
This conference is scheduled to end in 2 minutes; 2 ports must be freed
14:58:48 [sanjiva]
sanjiva has joined #ws-desc
14:59:01 [Zakim]
This conference is scheduled to end in 1 minute; 2 ports must be freed
14:59:43 [JacekK]
JacekK has joined #ws-desc
15:01:14 [Zakim]
-jkaputin
15:01:15 [Zakim]
-Arthur_Ryman
15:01:16 [Zakim]
-Jonathan_Marsh
15:01:18 [Zakim]
-Canon
15:01:19 [Zakim]
-TonyR
15:01:21 [Zakim]
WS_DescWG(WSDL)10:00AM has ended
15:01:22 [Zakim]
Attendees were TonyR, Arthur_Ryman, Jonathan_Marsh, jkaputin, Canon
15:01:42 [JacekK]
zakim, this is wsdwg
15:01:42 [Zakim]
ok, JacekK; that matches WS_DescWG()11:00AM
15:02:28 [Zakim]
+??P9
15:02:35 [TonyR]
zakim, ??p9 is me
15:02:35 [Zakim]
+TonyR; got it
15:02:43 [Zakim]
+Canon
15:02:55 [pauld]
agenda: ?
15:03:17 [Zakim]
+Jonathan_Marsh
15:03:56 [Jonathan]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006May/0121.html
15:04:28 [Jonathan]
zakim, who's on the phone?
15:04:28 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P20, TonyR, Canon, Jonathan_Marsh
15:04:36 [Zakim]
+Anish
15:04:52 [Zakim]
-??P20
15:04:55 [Jonathan]
Zakim, ??P20 is Jacek
15:04:55 [Zakim]
I already had ??P20 as ??P20, Jonathan
15:05:03 [Jonathan]
zakim, who's on the phone?
15:05:03 [Zakim]
On the phone I see TonyR, Canon, Jonathan_Marsh, Anish
15:05:13 [Zakim]
+Arthur_Ryman
15:05:20 [Zakim]
+??P21
15:05:29 [jjm]
jjm has joined #ws-desc
15:06:05 [Zakim]
+Paul_Downey
15:06:13 [Zakim]
+Gilbert_Pilz
15:06:39 [Jonathan]
zakim, who's on the phone?
15:06:39 [Zakim]
On the phone I see TonyR, Canon, Jonathan_Marsh, Anish, Arthur_Ryman, ??P21, Paul_Downey, Gilbert_Pilz
15:06:51 [Zakim]
-Gilbert_Pilz
15:06:55 [Zakim]
+Allen_Brookes
15:07:11 [plh]
plh has joined #ws-desc
15:07:14 [JacekK]
JacekK has changed the topic to: agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006May/0121.html
15:07:18 [plh]
zakim, call plh-work
15:07:18 [Zakim]
ok, plh; the call is being made
15:07:20 [Zakim]
+Plh
15:07:22 [Jonathan]
zakim, who's on the phone?
15:07:22 [Zakim]
On the phone I see TonyR, Canon, Jonathan_Marsh, Anish, Arthur_Ryman, ??P21, Paul_Downey, Allen_Brookes, Plh
15:07:23 [asir]
asir has joined #ws-desc
15:08:45 [Zakim]
+Gilbert_Pilz
15:09:52 [Zakim]
+??P34
15:09:52 [gil]
gil has joined #ws-desc
15:10:03 [plh]
rrsagent, where am I?
15:10:03 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2006/06/01-ws-desc-irc#T15-10-03
15:10:04 [Jonathan]
zakim, ??P34 is Jacek
15:10:04 [Zakim]
+Jacek; got it
15:10:42 [plh]
Meeting: Web Services Description
15:10:48 [plh]
CHair: Jonathan
15:10:49 [Arthur]
scribe: arthur
15:10:52 [plh]
Scribe: Arthur
15:11:02 [plh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006May/0121.html
15:11:20 [Arthur]
date: 2006-06-01
15:11:48 [Jonathan]
ACTION: Jonathan to publicize interop event.
15:13:22 [Arthur]
topic: June 22 Telecon
15:13:36 [Arthur]
Jonathan and Paul will be at WS-I plenary.
15:14:41 [Arthur]
topic: Interop calls
15:15:31 [Arthur]
Tony reports that issues have arisen on interprettation, e.g. meaning of REQUIRED for optional extensions: When is REQUIRED in effect?
15:15:40 [Arthur]
topic: CR022
15:15:57 [Zakim]
+Amelia_Lewis
15:16:27 [TonyR]
s/on interprettation/during implementation/
15:18:56 [pauld]
Web Services Addressing WSDL Binding now in CR: http://www.w3.org/News/2006#item95
15:18:58 [alewis]
alewis has joined #ws-desc
15:19:05 [Arthur]
Jonathan reports that the WSDL 2.0 binding for WS-Addressing appears to violate the proposed restriction in CR022
15:19:25 [Arthur]
ACTION: Arthur to review the WS-A spec
15:20:24 [Arthur]
Asir: is this a language issue in the WS-A spec?
15:20:34 [Zakim]
-Allen_Brookes
15:21:13 [Arthur]
Jonathan: suggests we add terminology clarification to our spec, e.g. definition of child component
15:23:24 [Arthur]
Jonathan: WS-A WG is not currently meeting but may do so for this topic
15:23:41 [Arthur]
topic: CR029
15:23:52 [Arthur]
Amy: no progress - do this next week
15:23:59 [Arthur]
topic: CR032
15:24:37 [Arthur]
Jonathan: contacted Glen and Dave
15:24:55 [Arthur]
Glen agrees with the proposal
15:25:24 [Arthur]
Leave open for another week to wait for response from Dave
15:25:42 [Arthur]
topic: CR036
15:28:06 [Arthur]
resolution: accept proposal to change {type definiton} to be Type Definition
15:28:17 [Arthur]
topic: CR040
15:28:58 [Arthur]
resolution: accept proposal to change {element declaration} to Element Declaration
15:29:36 [Arthur]
topic: CR037
15:31:18 [Arthur]
Jacek: multipart would be used in MTOM
15:31:47 [Arthur]
Jonathan: let's defer further discussion
15:32:21 [Arthur]
topic: CR038
15:32:39 [Arthur]
Arthur: I corrected the stylesheet to normalize whitespace
15:32:56 [Arthur]
resolution: closed
15:33:06 [Arthur]
topic: CR037
15:33:51 [Arthur]
plh: the spec says other serialization formats are possible
15:34:54 [Arthur]
Arthur: I'll look at the spec
15:35:03 [Arthur]
topic: CR039
15:35:13 [Arthur]
done
15:35:20 [Arthur]
topic: CR041
15:36:43 [Arthur]
Jonathan: this is like CR032 so we'll wait for Dave's response
15:37:05 [Zakim]
-Anish
15:38:09 [plh]
[[ Multiple message-header fields with the same field-name MAY be present in a message if and only if the entire field-value for that header field is defined as a comma-separated list [i.e., #(values)]. ]]
15:38:16 [plh]
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec4.html#sec4.2
15:38:28 [Arthur]
Jacek: HTTP allows multiple headers but their values get catenated
15:39:06 [Allen]
Allen has joined #ws-desc
15:39:21 [Arthur]
Jacek: we should have a single component per header
15:39:32 [Zakim]
+??P1
15:39:50 [Allen]
zakim, ??P1 is Allen
15:39:50 [Zakim]
+Allen; got it
15:40:06 [Arthur]
resolution: accept proposal to require name to be unique
15:40:12 [Arthur]
topic: CR042
15:42:45 [Arthur]
resolution: add constraint that QNames in extends attribute must be unique, but need to discuss wording
15:44:44 [Arthur]
1) MUST be unique
15:44:54 [Arthur]
2) NUST NOT contain duplicates
15:45:04 [Arthur]
2) wins!
15:45:19 [Arthur]
s/NUST/MUST/
15:45:29 [Arthur]
topic: CR043
15:46:16 [Roberto]
Roberto has joined #ws-desc
15:46:34 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Chinnici
15:47:00 [Arthur]
resolution: editorial - fix the BNF
15:47:08 [Arthur]
topic: CR044
16:10:43 [Arthur]
Roberto: the situation for Bindings to different than Interfaces because we need the defaults to support the case of Interface-less Bindings
16:12:11 [Arthur]
s/to/is/
16:12:41 [Arthur]
Roberto: we need the computation anyway for interface-less bindings
16:20:19 [Arthur]
resolution: add editorial clarification to Part 2 to explain that the component model contains default properties to support interface-less bindings
16:21:07 [Arthur]
topic: CR046
16:21:29 [Arthur]
Arthur: also a whitespace problem that has been fixed
16:21:42 [Arthur]
resolution: done
16:21:53 [Arthur]
topic: CR050
16:23:34 [Arthur]
Jonathan: the spec is confusing since the extension if optional but the property is REQUIRED, so how do we interpret REQUIRED extension properties?
16:24:42 [Zakim]
-Paul_Downey
16:25:46 [Arthur]
Arthur: if the attribute is present in the XML then it must be present in the component model and its value must equal the value specified
16:26:44 [Arthur]
Jacek: if an implementation "knows" about safety, but the attribute is absent, what should it return? I suggest false.
16:27:05 [Arthur]
Youenn: I agree, the implementation should return false instead of null.
16:34:17 [Zakim]
-Gilbert_Pilz
16:34:18 [Zakim]
-Arthur_Ryman
16:34:19 [Zakim]
-Jacek
16:34:21 [Zakim]
-Canon
16:34:22 [Zakim]
-Plh
16:34:23 [Zakim]
-Allen
16:34:24 [Zakim]
-Jonathan_Marsh
16:34:25 [Zakim]
-??P21
16:34:27 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Chinnici
16:34:29 [Zakim]
-Amelia_Lewis
16:34:31 [Zakim]
-TonyR
16:34:33 [Zakim]
WS_DescWG()11:00AM has ended
16:34:35 [Zakim]
Attendees were TonyR, Canon, Jonathan_Marsh, Anish, Arthur_Ryman, Paul_Downey, Gilbert_Pilz, Allen_Brookes, Plh, Jacek, Amelia_Lewis, Allen, Roberto_Chinnici
16:34:55 [TonyR]
TonyR has left #ws-desc
16:35:04 [Arthur]
If an extension is supported that it must obey the constraints, so if safety is supported it must be present on all operations.
16:35:21 [Arthur]
Need more discussion on how to make the spec clearer about this.
16:35:30 [plh]
zakim, bye
16:35:30 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ws-desc
16:35:49 [plh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
16:35:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/06/01-ws-desc-minutes.html plh
16:36:06 [Arthur]
rrsagent, where am i?
16:36:06 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2006/06/01-ws-desc-irc#T16-36-06
16:37:10 [Arthur]
Meeting adjourned.
16:38:50 [alewis]
alewis has left #ws-desc
17:42:39 [Jonathan]
rrsagent, bye
17:42:39 [RRSAgent]
I see 6 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/06/01-ws-desc-actions.rdf :
17:42:39 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Arthur to add wrappers to the schema. [1]
17:42:39 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/06/01-ws-desc-irc#T14-18-08
17:42:39 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Arthur to put parent, features, properties in the base schema. [2]
17:42:39 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/06/01-ws-desc-irc#T14-27-54
17:42:39 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jonathan to add sorting of soap modules, http/soap headers. [3]
17:42:39 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/06/01-ws-desc-irc#T14-36-23
17:42:39 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: John to file issue whether {rpc signature} should be OPTIONAL (4.1.1) [4]
17:42:39 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/06/01-ws-desc-irc#T14-55-34
17:42:39 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jonathan to publicize interop event. [5]
17:42:39 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/06/01-ws-desc-irc#T15-11-48
17:42:39 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Arthur to review the WS-A spec [6]
17:42:39 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/06/01-ws-desc-irc#T15-19-25