IRC log of databinding on 2006-05-30

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:43:16 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #databinding
13:43:16 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/05/30-databinding-irc
13:43:18 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
13:43:20 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DBWG
13:43:20 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_DBWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 17 minutes
13:43:21 [trackbot]
Meeting: Databinding WG Teleconference
13:43:21 [trackbot]
Date: 30 May 2006
13:48:50 [pauld]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xsd-databinding/2006May/0051.html
13:48:55 [pauld]
Chair: pauld
13:48:59 [pauld]
Scribe: pauld
13:58:26 [gcowe]
gcowe has joined #databinding
13:59:28 [Zakim]
WS_DBWG()10:00AM has now started
13:59:29 [Zakim]
+??P14
13:59:42 [Zakim]
+??P16
14:00:11 [Zakim]
+Jon_Calladine
14:00:40 [pauld]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:00:40 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P14, ??P16, Jon_Calladine
14:00:47 [pauld]
zakim, code?
14:00:47 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3294 (tel:+1.617.761.6200), pauld
14:00:54 [Zakim]
+??P20
14:00:56 [Zakim]
-??P20
14:00:57 [Zakim]
+??P20
14:01:09 [pauld]
zakim, who is making noise?
14:01:19 [Zakim]
pauld, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: ??P14 (81%), ??P20 (34%)
14:01:47 [pauld]
zakim, ??P20 is me
14:01:47 [Zakim]
+pauld; got it
14:02:24 [pauld]
zakim, ??P14 is probably otu
14:02:24 [Zakim]
+otu?; got it
14:02:29 [pauld]
zakim mute, otu
14:02:39 [pauld]
zakim, mute otu
14:02:39 [Zakim]
otu? should now be muted
14:03:18 [JonC]
JonC has joined #databinding
14:03:33 [pauld]
zakim, ??P16 is gcowe
14:03:33 [Zakim]
+gcowe; got it
14:03:53 [pauld]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:03:53 [Zakim]
On the phone I see otu? (muted), gcowe, Jon_Calladine, pauld
14:05:12 [Zakim]
+Yves
14:06:12 [pauld]
zakim, unmute otu
14:06:12 [Zakim]
otu? should no longer be muted
14:07:46 [JonC]
JonC has joined #databinding
14:08:23 [pauld]
Topic: Admin
14:08:48 [pauld]
pauld: lines up meeting for next week, BT will all be in a room monday
14:09:17 [pauld]
Topic: ISSUE-52: identify patterns with URIs
14:09:35 [pauld]
yves: will ping DanC re a microformat for GRDDL
14:10:19 [pauld]
yves: on holiday next week, but will monitor email!
14:10:41 [pauld]
yves: generation of XSD and WSDL still outstanding
14:10:48 [pauld]
pauld: may pick up this work
14:11:00 [JonC]
Colombo House, 50 - 60 Blackfriars Road SE1 8NZ but contact paul and myself if you want to attend
14:11:55 [JonC]
JonC has joined #databinding
14:12:15 [pauld]
yves: had to do some cvs fixup following generating spurious directories, so refresh your cvs images
14:12:36 [pauld]
Topic: ISSSUE-12: identifying a conformant schema
14:13:07 [pauld]
gcowe: haven't spent too much time on this, but working on the schematron and the catch-all to go
14:13:34 [JonC]
f2f at Colombo House, 50 - 60 Blackfriars Road, SE1 8NZ
14:13:36 [pauld]
.. trying to get Mark's time, busy this week
14:15:22 [pauld]
Topic: ISSUE-58: anonymous complexType
14:15:42 [pauld]
pauld: raised against advanced by accident rather than design
14:16:47 [pauld]
pauld: concerned at this point that people don't understand how we're working
14:17:11 [pauld]
.. if a pattern isn't in the Basic patterns document, it isn't a Basic pattern
14:17:15 [Ajith_-]
Ajith_- has joined #databinding
14:17:56 [pauld]
pauld: people should realise that if they expect their schemas to be Basic Patterns compliant, then they need to submit them
14:18:15 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:18:35 [Ajith]
+[IPCaller] is ajith
14:19:47 [o2]
o2 has joined #databinding
14:19:58 [pauld]
pauld: sees another issue, how do we know when we're done
14:20:18 [pauld]
ACTION: pdowney to send mail to clarify how we're working re ISSUE-58
14:20:24 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-42 - Send mail to clarify how we\'re working re ISSUE-58 [on Paul Downey - due 2006-06-06].
14:20:38 [pauld]
Topic: ISSUE-12 (again)
14:20:55 [pauld]
pauld: Ajith has joined
14:24:36 [pauld]
pauld: george and I picking up detection work
14:25:07 [Ajith_-]
Ajith_- has joined #databinding
14:25:13 [pauld]
.. would like Tungsten to become an leading example on how databinding toolkits may use our testsuite
14:25:20 [pauld]
ajith: happy to help
14:25:41 [Zakim]
-Ajith
14:25:58 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:26:34 [pauld]
Topic: ISSUE-61: Movement of Patterns between Basic and Advanced Specifications
14:26:55 [pauld]
pauld: created from discussion at F2F
14:27:46 [pauld]
proposal is to mark all Basic patterns at risk of being moved to advanced
14:28:22 [Ajith]
things seem to break up once in a while
14:28:51 [pauld]
and Advanced patterns may be moved to Basic (depending upon timing)
14:31:45 [pauld]
ajith: do you want to document the criteria for moving between advanced and basic?
14:32:07 [pauld]
pauld: yes, it has to work with all "mainstream" toolkits, which is a value judgement
14:34:19 [pauld]
jonc: CR testing will help justify a pattern being moved
14:34:53 [pauld]
RESOLUTION: ISSUE-61 closed with enclosed proposal to mark all basic patterns as "at risk"
14:37:45 [pauld]
Topic: Example Schemas from HL7 and Origo
14:38:11 [pauld]
gcowe: Origo patterns all raised as issues
14:39:14 [pauld]
pauld: concerned about HL7 (and other verticals) not submitting "patterns"
14:39:27 [pauld]
gcowe: test tools may throw out some patterns
14:40:15 [pauld]
pauld: once we have a validation, people will try their own schemas out, which may lead to more patterns being collected
14:41:07 [pauld]
pauld: we also have a set of schemas collected from the wild in Henry's schema collection which I have a copy (status of this unknown)
14:42:06 [pauld]
pauld: concern in general we're not going to cover all patterns in general use
14:42:20 [pauld]
jonc: publishing may flush more out
14:42:34 [pauld]
pauld: publishing something incomplete as Last Call
14:43:23 [Zakim]
-otu?
14:44:46 [Zakim]
-pauld
14:44:48 [Zakim]
-Jon_Calladine
14:44:48 [Zakim]
-Yves
14:44:49 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
14:44:50 [Zakim]
-gcowe
14:44:52 [Zakim]
WS_DBWG()10:00AM has ended
14:44:53 [Zakim]
Attendees were Jon_Calladine, pauld, otu?, gcowe, Yves, Ajith, [IPcaller]
14:45:00 [pauld]
rrsagent, generate minutes
14:45:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/05/30-databinding-minutes.html pauld
14:45:08 [pauld]
rrsagent, make logs public
16:26:24 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #databinding
17:37:15 [pauld]
pauld has joined #databinding
19:19:18 [pauld]
rrsagent, byt
19:19:18 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'byt', pauld. Try /msg RRSAgent help
19:19:21 [pauld]
rrsagent, bye
19:19:21 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/05/30-databinding-actions.rdf :
19:19:21 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: pdowney to send mail to clarify how we're working re ISSUE-58 [1]
19:19:21 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/05/30-databinding-irc#T14-20-18