IRC log of wai-wcag on 2006-05-18

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:12:17 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:12:17 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/05/18-wai-wcag-irc
20:12:23 [ben]
RRSAgent, do not start a new log
20:12:29 [ben]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Telecon
20:13:00 [ben]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2006AprJun/0199.html
20:13:49 [ben]
Chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:14:05 [judy]
zakim, unmute wendy
20:14:05 [Zakim]
Wendy should no longer be muted
20:14:30 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
20:15:08 [ben]
Regrets: Roberto_Scano, Loretta_Guarino-Reid
20:15:16 [ben]
agenda+ announcements
20:15:23 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 1
20:15:23 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "announcements" taken up [from ben]
20:15:26 [ben]
scribe: David
20:15:45 [ben]
agenda+ Last Call Comments Processing and new tools
20:15:53 [ben]
agenda+ Last Call Issues from Team A for 18 May 2006
20:16:03 [ben]
agenda+ Last Call Issues from Team C for 18 May 2006
20:17:08 [judy]
zakim, please mute wendy
20:17:08 [Zakim]
Wendy should now be muted
20:19:38 [ben]
zakim, make log world
20:19:38 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'make log world', ben
20:19:48 [ben]
RRSAgent, make log world
20:22:48 [ben]
zakim, close this item
20:22:48 [Zakim]
agendum 1 closed
20:22:49 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
20:22:50 [Zakim]
2. Last Call Comments Processing and new tools [from ben]
20:22:54 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 2
20:22:54 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Last Call Comments Processing and new tools" taken up [from ben]
20:23:12 [ben]
Comments View: http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/comments/viewdata_all.php
20:24:07 [Michael]
Michael has joined #wai-wcag
20:26:23 [Christophe]
zakim, mute me
20:26:23 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should now be muted
20:28:23 [rellero]
rellero has joined #wai-wcag
20:35:05 [rellero]
sorry, zakim said "the passcode is not valid"
20:37:38 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:37:38 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Wendy (muted), Bengt_Farre, David_MacDonald, Ben_Gregg, Soorcha_Moore, Don_Evans, Michael_Cooper, Christophe_Strobbe (muted), ??P7, Judy, Tim_Boland, Sofia_Celic
20:37:41 [Zakim]
... (muted), Becky_Gibson, [IBM], Alex_Li, Cynthia_Shelley?
20:38:37 [ben]
zakim, ??P7 is probably Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:38:37 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea?; got it
20:39:06 [ben]
zakim, [IBM] is Andi_Snow-Weaver
20:39:06 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow-Weaver; got it
20:41:56 [judy]
q?
20:42:15 [judy]
zakim, unmute wendy
20:42:15 [Zakim]
Wendy should no longer be muted
20:43:27 [judy]
zakim, mute wendy
20:43:27 [Zakim]
Wendy should now be muted
20:45:30 [ben]
zakim, close this item
20:45:30 [Zakim]
agendum 2 closed
20:45:31 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
20:45:32 [Zakim]
3. Last Call Issues from Team A for 18 May 2006 [from ben]
20:45:37 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 3
20:45:37 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Last Call Issues from Team A for 18 May 2006" taken up [from ben]
20:48:11 [David]
zakim, mute me
20:48:11 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should now be muted
20:48:21 [rellero]
sorry cannot login passcode not valid, bye
20:48:59 [donfevans]
donfevans has joined #WAI-WCAG
20:49:22 [David]
zakim, unmute me
20:49:22 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should no longer be muted
20:54:26 [gregg]
ack w
20:54:48 [ben]
zakim, mute wendy
20:54:48 [Zakim]
Wendy should now be muted
20:55:02 [David]
resolution: accept proposed resolutions for issues LC-512, LC-463, LC-506, LC-513, LC-484, LC-487, LC494, LC-492, LC-493
20:55:46 [ben]
Topic: LC-464
20:59:49 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li.a
21:00:04 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
21:05:27 [gregg]
ack a
21:05:30 [gregg]
ack cy
21:05:33 [gregg]
ack k
21:07:08 [David]
resolution: issue 464 reopened and sent back to working group
21:07:11 [Christophe]
zakim, unmute me
21:07:11 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should no longer be muted
21:07:30 [ben]
Topic: LC-483
21:13:58 [David]
Resolution: close LC-483 as proposed...resolved yes
21:14:18 [David]
Topic: 486
21:14:32 [David]
>Topic: LC-486
21:16:46 [judy]
+1 for frequent fliers ;)
21:18:01 [David]
resolution: leave LC-486 is left open for further consideration
21:18:54 [David]
Topic LC-511
21:20:19 [gregg]
ack cy
21:23:38 [gregg]
ACK W
21:30:52 [Zakim]
-Don_Evans
21:33:02 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
21:33:12 [David]
resolution: accept recommended resolution to LC-511 and add an advisory technique that recommends not to use text images in CSS
21:34:26 [David]
action: Cynthia, will write an advisory technique to not use text images as per resolution in LC-511
21:35:04 [ben]
zakim, close this item
21:35:04 [Zakim]
agendum 3 closed
21:35:05 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
21:35:06 [Zakim]
4. Last Call Issues from Team C for 18 May 2006 [from ben]
21:35:09 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 4
21:35:09 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Last Call Issues from Team C for 18 May 2006" taken up [from ben]
21:35:29 [David]
Topic: LC-485
21:38:45 [ben]
RRSAgent, pointer?
21:38:45 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2006/05/18-wai-wcag-irc#T21-38-45
21:41:05 [gregg]
ack w
21:43:20 [David]
q+
21:44:49 [wen-away]
zakim, mute wendy
21:44:49 [Zakim]
Wendy was already muted, wen-away
21:47:12 [David]
resolution: close the issue, and reply that we are unable to identify ways to mark audio so that AT could ignore it. requesting suggestions from the commenter.
21:48:45 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelley?
21:49:16 [David]
Topic: LC-488
21:52:22 [David]
resolution: accept proposed change to GL 1.3 "Ensure that information and relationships can be separated from presentation"
21:54:04 [David]
Topic: LC-490
21:54:31 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
21:58:12 [Zakim]
-Soorcha_Moore
21:58:55 [David]
q+
21:59:20 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:59:32 [gregg]
ack d
21:59:37 [Sorcha]
ipcaller: sorcha_moore
21:59:57 [bengt]
zakim, [IPcaller is Sorcha_Moore
21:59:57 [Zakim]
+Sorcha_Moore; got it
22:04:08 [David]
resolution: change the definition of "presentation" from structure to relationship "rendering of the content and relationships in a form that can be perceived by the user" and reserch definitions of relationships
22:04:39 [David]
action: David and Katie to propose a definition of relationships
22:05:52 [David]
resolution: refer LC 491 back to team C
22:07:35 [ben]
Present: Wendy_Chisholm, Bengt_Farre, David_MacDonald, Ben_Caldwell, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Soorcha_Moore, Don_Evans, Michael_Cooper, Christophe_Strobbe, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Judy_Brewer, Tim_Boland, Sofia_Celic, Becky_Gibson, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Alex_Li, Cynthia_Shelley
22:13:19 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow-Weaver
22:14:08 [Zakim]
-Sorcha_Moore
22:14:09 [Sorcha]
Sorcha has left #wai-wcag
22:14:36 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li.a
22:14:50 [Zakim]
-Becky_Gibson
22:14:51 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea?
22:14:52 [Zakim]
-Wendy
22:14:53 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
22:14:54 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
22:14:55 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
22:14:57 [Zakim]
-Ben_Gregg
22:14:58 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
22:15:02 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
22:16:47 [Christophe]
Christophe has left #wai-wcag
22:18:23 [Zakim]
-Judy
22:18:24 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
22:18:26 [Zakim]
Attendees were Wendy, +073573aaaa, David_MacDonald, [IPcaller], Bengt_Farre, Sorcha_Moore, Don_Evans, Ben_Gregg, Michael_Cooper, Soorcha_Moore, Christophe_Strobbe, Judy,
22:18:28 [Zakim]
... Tim_Boland, Sofia_Celic, Becky_Gibson, Alex_Li, Cynthia_Shelley?, Katie_Haritos-Shea?, Andi_Snow-Weaver
22:29:48 [ben]
ben has left #wai-wcag
22:32:39 [gregg]
rrsagent,bye
22:32:39 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/05/18-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
22:32:39 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Cynthia, will write an advisory technique to not use text images as per resolution in LC-511 [1]
22:32:39 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/05/18-wai-wcag-irc#T21-34-26
22:32:39 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: David and Katie to propose a definition of relationships [2]
22:32:39 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/05/18-wai-wcag-irc#T22-04-39