IRC log of databinding on 2006-05-02

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:48:36 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #databinding
13:48:36 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/05/02-databinding-irc
13:48:36 [trackbot]
Meeting: Databinding WG Teleconference
13:48:36 [trackbot]
Date: 02 May 2006
13:56:24 [JonC]
JonC has joined #databinding
13:58:20 [pauld]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xsd-databinding/2006Apr/0050.html
13:58:58 [Zakim]
WS_DBWG()10:00AM has now started
13:59:01 [Zakim]
+Jon_Calladine
14:00:06 [pauld]
zakim, code?
14:00:06 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3294 (tel:+1.617.761.6200), pauld
14:00:11 [Zakim]
+MarkS
14:00:14 [Zakim]
-MarkS
14:00:15 [Zakim]
+MarkS
14:00:19 [Ajith]
Ajith has joined #databinding
14:00:37 [pauld]
zakim, MarkS is really George_Cowe
14:00:37 [Zakim]
+George_Cowe; got it
14:00:56 [Zakim]
+Yves
14:01:42 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:01:45 [Zakim]
+Paul_Downey
14:02:14 [pauld]
zakim, IPcaller is Ajith
14:02:14 [Zakim]
+Ajith; got it
14:02:27 [pauld]
zakim, who is here?
14:02:27 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Jon_Calladine, George_Cowe, Yves, Ajith, Paul_Downey
14:02:29 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Ajith, JonC, RRSAgent, Zakim, pauld, trackbot, Yves
14:02:30 [Ajith]
is that ok - I just muted the mike
14:03:05 [gcowe]
gcowe has joined #databinding
14:03:06 [Ajith]
I'm in the office - today is a release day so a bit noisy :)
14:03:10 [Zakim]
+??P25
14:04:24 [pauld]
zakim, P25 is Otu
14:04:25 [Yves]
http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
14:04:28 [Zakim]
sorry, pauld, I do not recognize a party named 'P25'
14:04:33 [pauld]
zakim, ??P25 is Otu
14:04:34 [Zakim]
+Otu; got it
14:04:41 [pauld]
zakim, mute otu
14:04:41 [Zakim]
Otu should now be muted
14:04:44 [Yves]
61# to mute 60# to unmute
14:05:50 [JonC]
scribe JonC
14:06:20 [pauld]
scribe: Jonc
14:06:38 [JonC]
Minutes 18/04/06 approved
14:06:51 [JonC]
scribe: JonC
14:07:43 [JonC]
WG is lagging behind schedule
14:08:33 [JonC]
pauld will be re-issuing document soon
14:15:07 [JonC]
Ajith: have been looking at Issue 12 again this week
14:15:22 [JonC]
Discussion of use of schematron for validation tool
14:17:25 [JonC]
pauld: ideal to have single schemtron schema that identifies patterns
14:17:45 [JonC]
Ajith to develop this over next week
14:19:26 [JonC]
pauld: ideal to have access to the tool from a web page
14:21:07 [Ajith]
I've muted from myend
14:21:07 [JonC]
pauld: ISSUE-35 and 12 closely related
14:21:19 [pauld]
Topic: ISSUE-33
14:21:21 [pauld]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xsd-databinding/2006Apr/0017.html
14:22:24 [Ajith]
is it breaking up ?
14:23:43 [pauld]
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/databinding/issues/33
14:24:19 [JonC]
pauld: this was actually closed last week...
14:24:58 [JonC]
Topic: ISSUE-32
14:26:27 [pauld]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xsd-databinding/2006Apr/0048
14:26:45 [JonC]
gcowe: ran tests against 3 tools. All treated element list as unbounded rather than a finite maxOccurs for validation
14:27:27 [JonC]
pauld: this means that tools will most likely handle such a pattern
14:28:17 [JonC]
pauld:suggest pattern can be included in basic document.
14:29:10 [JonC]
JonC: need 'design considerations' text to explain that validation may not be as expected
14:29:25 [JonC]
RESOLUTION:ISSUE-32 CLOSED
14:30:11 [JonC]
RESOLUTION:ISSUE-32 CLOSED as per paulds proposal with design consideration to reflect validation issue
14:31:26 [JonC]
Topic: ISSUE-34
14:31:57 [JonC]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/databinding/issues/34/
14:32:54 [JonC]
gcowe: we use schema with request and response documents sharing the same namespace but with seperate definitions for a shared element
14:35:02 [JonC]
pauld: as paul biron indicated it is valid to have element defintions split across multiple schema
14:35:17 [JonC]
pauld but combining these in a schema processor will cause problems
14:36:44 [Zakim]
-Otu
14:36:48 [JonC]
pauld: schema component designator specification/technical note written to assist developers of processors, this may help understand why problems occur
14:39:36 [pauld]
suggest the SCD spec may help here:
14:39:38 [pauld]
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-ref/
14:42:32 [pauld]
ACTION: pdowney to take ISSUE-32 to the WS-I Basic Profile WG
14:42:33 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-36 - Take ISSUE-32 to the WS-I Basic Profile WG [on Paul Downey - due 2006-05-09].
14:44:07 [JonC]
Topic:ISSUE-36 selection of tools for testing
14:45:29 [pauld]
this issue goes above and beyond ISSUE-4 - collection of known databinding tools
14:46:10 [pauld]
jonc: within BT we have a set of tools important to us - I added to that subset a list of leading tools we see others using
14:46:45 [pauld]
.. we need to ensure we're covering a good number of languages and environments
14:47:14 [pauld]
george: interested to see list of tools linked into validation report
14:49:38 [pauld]
pauld: CR could help us here - I worry that we do all the work for all the different tools rather than getting individual vendors to buy into our framework
14:50:02 [Zakim]
This conference is scheduled to end in 10 minutes; all ports must be freed
14:51:11 [pauld]
jonc: we need this indicative evidence when writing the spec
14:51:33 [pauld]
pauld: babbles .. what would be the cirteria for NOT including a tool in this list?
14:51:56 [pauld]
jonc: wants a representitive list, 6 Java tools wouldn't be very useful
14:52:33 [pauld]
.. enumerating some kits may flush out others, but with people we have, 6 or so is all we're going to achieve
14:53:04 [pauld]
.. a leading commercial and Open Source tools
14:55:02 [Zakim]
This conference is scheduled to end in 5 minutes; all ports must be freed
14:58:02 [Zakim]
This conference is scheduled to end in 2 minutes; all ports must be freed
14:59:05 [Zakim]
This conference is scheduled to end in 1 minute; all ports must be freed
15:00:07 [pauld]
pauld: suggest building a list of all known tools, but use the report to reflect
15:00:14 [Zakim]
This conference is scheduled to end now; all ports must be freed immediately
15:00:14 [pauld]
.. tools we're
15:00:18 [Zakim]
The time reserved for this conference has been exceeded. 5 ports must be freed
15:00:19 [pauld]
.. using
15:01:35 [Zakim]
-Yves
15:01:37 [Zakim]
-George_Cowe
15:01:39 [Zakim]
-Ajith
15:01:41 [Zakim]
-Jon_Calladine
15:01:43 [Zakim]
-Paul_Downey
15:01:45 [Zakim]
WS_DBWG()10:00AM has ended
15:01:47 [Zakim]
Attendees were Jon_Calladine, George_Cowe, Yves, Paul_Downey, Ajith, Otu
15:01:51 [pauld]
thanks for scribing, jon!
15:02:02 [pauld]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:02:02 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/05/02-databinding-minutes.html pauld
15:02:17 [pauld]
rrsagent, make logs member
15:04:43 [pauld]
rrsagent, make logs member-visible
15:05:28 [pauld]
rrsagent, make logs public
15:15:38 [pauld]
i/this issue goes above and beyond ISSUE-4/Scribe: pauld/
15:15:49 [pauld]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:15:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/05/02-databinding-minutes.html pauld
16:16:28 [pauld]
pauld has joined #databinding
16:22:31 [pauld]
zakim, bye
16:22:31 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #databinding