IRC log of er on 2006-04-05

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:52:05 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
13:52:05 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-er-irc
13:52:11 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
13:52:28 [shadi]
zakim, this will be ert
13:52:28 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; I see WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 8 minutes
13:52:55 [shadi]
meeting: ERT WG
13:53:00 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2006Apr/0008.html
13:53:06 [shadi]
chair: Shadi
13:53:20 [shadi]
agenda+ Review of action items
13:53:28 [shadi]
agenda+ EARL pointers proposal by Jim
13:53:38 [shadi]
agenda+ URI-in-RDF request by CarlosV
13:57:20 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM has now started
13:57:22 [Zakim]
+Klaus/Johannes/Thomas
13:57:53 [JohannesK]
JohannesK has joined #er
13:58:28 [CarlosI]
CarlosI has joined #er
13:59:31 [ChrisR]
ChrisR has joined #er
14:00:10 [Zakim]
+Shadi
14:00:53 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:01:08 [drooks]
drooks has joined #er
14:01:17 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is really Chris
14:01:17 [Zakim]
+Chris; got it
14:01:35 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:01:47 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is really David
14:01:47 [Zakim]
+David; got it
14:02:19 [Zakim]
+ +34.98.439.aaaa
14:02:35 [shadi]
zakim, aaaa is really CarlosI
14:02:35 [Zakim]
+CarlosI; got it
14:04:20 [niq]
niq has joined #er
14:04:46 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:04:57 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is really Nick
14:04:57 [Zakim]
+Nick; got it
14:05:18 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum
14:05:18 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'take up agendum', shadi
14:05:23 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
14:05:23 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Review of action items" taken up [from shadi]
14:06:57 [JibberJim]
JibberJim has joined #er
14:07:18 [JibberJim]
Hi people, sorry I have no phone available :-( there's insufficient internet here for my voip
14:07:24 [ChrisR]
action item 1 - Shadi and Charlos todo
14:08:06 [ChrisR]
item 1 - Carlos will post by next Monday (RDF-CL in EARL)
14:08:19 [ChrisR]
test
14:08:42 [shadi]
jim, we are looking at open action items
14:08:48 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2006Apr/0001
14:09:12 [shadi]
i beliebe your 1st action item is partially closed, right?
14:09:26 [shadi]
and your second one, you need to repind the annotea folks
14:10:07 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 1
14:10:07 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Review of action items, closed
14:10:08 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:10:09 [Zakim]
2. EARL pointers proposal by Jim [from shadi]
14:10:12 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 2
14:10:13 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "EARL pointers proposal by Jim" taken up [from shadi]
14:10:31 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2006Mar/0003
14:10:38 [JibberJim]
yes, I need a little finishing up on the 1st, if everyone is happy with what I posted, and the 2nd yes I need to chase the annotea folk again
14:12:30 [niq]
also for the minutes: The proposal makes a lot of sense as far as it goes, but that's just a first reaction
14:13:51 [ChrisR]
JK - content needs to be converted to text. Need another field that that describes encoding.
14:14:05 [shadi]
s/field/property
14:14:43 [JibberJim]
Do you mean the original encoding? would this not come from the HTTP vocab?
14:15:10 [JibberJim]
the encoding in snippets would be in the encoding of the RDF file - ie it could be transcoded from the original
14:15:29 [niq]
c.f. my comment on encoding wrt HTTP-in-RDF from last night (EU time)
14:16:02 [JohannesK]
Jim: if you have e.g. images/PDFs you only have bytes not characters, but you need to transform these bytes into text (e.g. with Base64) because EARL is a text format
14:17:45 [ChrisR]
NIQ no need to record info that is already in HTTP info
14:17:46 [shadi]
jim, is it ok to give you an action item to clean up the proposal and provide RDFS that can be plugged into the schema document?
14:19:28 [JibberJim]
ah, JK I wasn't considering the snippet etc. methods would work for non text content
14:19:36 [JibberJim]
yes shadi it's fine
14:19:42 [shadi]
action: jim to clean up the proposal and provide RDFS that can be plugged into the schema document
14:21:26 [ChrisR]
SZ - wonders if we should use something like byte offest length?
14:22:24 [ChrisR]
JK - doesn't make sense to mix. Should be char offset.
14:23:02 [ChrisR]
NIQ - simple tools use byte offsets easier.
14:23:39 [ChrisR]
SZ - problem with unicode (chars can use more that one byte)
14:26:51 [ChrisR]
SZ - some times bytes instead of chars makes sense
14:27:45 [ChrisR]
action: JK to send comment to list
14:28:08 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 2
14:28:08 [Zakim]
agendum 2, EARL pointers proposal by Jim, closed
14:28:09 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
14:28:13 [Zakim]
3. URI-in-RDF request by CarlosV [from shadi]
14:28:16 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 3
14:28:16 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "URI-in-RDF request by CarlosV" taken up [from shadi]
14:28:27 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2006Mar/0021
14:30:03 [ChrisR]
SZ - we should be cautious about encoding everything in RDF.
14:30:46 [ChrisR]
JK - was CarlosV's idea and he had use cases in mind but I don't know what they are.
14:31:21 [ChrisR]
JK - If don't want to use it in EARL should not be required.
14:31:45 [shadi]
present: +CarlosV
14:33:48 [ChrisR]
SZ - URI is important for EARL so needs to be properties
14:35:26 [carlos]
carlos has joined #er
14:36:03 [ChrisR]
SZ - many items can be put in URI so what is benefit of seperating out?
14:36:45 [ChrisR]
CV - consistency
14:37:03 [ChrisR]
SZ - What is problem with EARL URI?
14:38:42 [Zakim]
-David
14:39:34 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:39:41 [ChrisR]
SZ - there are minor drawbacks so we need a solid use case
14:42:39 [ChrisR]
SZ - more efficient to record just header info and not content
14:43:15 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
14:43:32 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:45:25 [ChrisR]
CV - would like a single property/class to describe, currently have too many things
14:45:57 [ChrisR]
JK - need use cases to describe where split is necessary, else use single property
14:46:04 [ChrisR]
SZ - good suggestion
14:48:58 [Zakim]
-Nick
14:49:25 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.a]
14:50:11 [niq]
Zakim: [IPcaller.a] is really me
14:50:19 [ChrisR]
action: CV will document and elaborate benefits/drawbacks to using single/multipe properties
14:51:40 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller.a]
14:51:58 [Zakim]
-Klaus/Johannes/Thomas
14:52:00 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
14:52:00 [Zakim]
-Shadi
14:52:05 [Zakim]
-Chris
14:52:06 [ChrisR]
ChrisR has left #er
14:52:35 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
14:52:42 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:52:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-er-minutes.html shadi
14:53:00 [shadi]
zakim, whos
14:53:00 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'whos', shadi
14:53:01 [klanz2]
klanz2 has joined #er
14:53:08 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:53:08 [Zakim]
On the phone I see CarlosI
14:53:10 [klanz2]
klanz2 has left #er
14:53:21 [shadi]
zakim, drop carlosi
14:53:21 [Zakim]
CarlosI is being disconnected
14:53:23 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM has ended
14:53:25 [Zakim]
Attendees were Klaus/Johannes/Thomas, Shadi, Chris, David, +34.98.439.aaaa, CarlosI, Nick, [IPcaller]
14:53:29 [shadi]
zakim, bye
14:53:29 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #er
14:53:34 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
14:53:44 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:53:44 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-er-minutes.html shadi
14:53:52 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
14:53:52 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-er-actions.rdf :
14:53:52 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: jim to clean up the proposal and provide RDFS that can be plugged into the schema document [1]
14:53:52 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-er-irc#T14-19-42
14:53:52 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JK to send comment to list [2]
14:53:52 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-er-irc#T14-27-45
14:53:52 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CV will document and elaborate benefits/drawbacks to using single/multipe properties [3]
14:53:52 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/04/05-er-irc#T14-50-19