IRC log of i18ncore on 2006-04-04

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:39:08 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #i18ncore
13:39:08 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-irc
13:39:10 [fsasaki]
meeting: i18n core working group
13:39:14 [fsasaki]
chair: Francois
13:39:18 [fsasaki]
scribe: Felix
13:39:24 [fsasaki]
scribeNick: fsasaki
13:39:35 [fsasaki]
last minutes: http://www.w3.org/2006/03/28-i18ncore-minutes.html
13:42:44 [fsasaki]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Apr/0009.html
13:52:33 [fsasaki]
agenda+ action items
13:52:45 [fsasaki]
agenda+ ws i18n republication schedule
13:52:54 [fsasaki]
agenda+ charmod resid progress
13:53:09 [fsasaki]
agenda+ LTLI / RFC 3066bis project review
13:53:29 [fsasaki]
agenda+ Voice XML and charmod (fundamentals)
14:00:45 [fsasaki]
zakim, dial Keio-617
14:00:46 [Zakim]
ok, fsasaki; the call is being made
14:00:47 [Zakim]
I18N_Core_WG()10:00AM has now started
14:00:48 [Zakim]
+Keio
14:00:48 [fyergeau]
fyergeau has joined #i18ncore
14:01:11 [fsasaki]
agenda?
14:01:34 [fyergeau_]
fyergeau_ has joined #i18ncore
14:02:13 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:02:16 [fyergeau_]
zakim, [ is fyergeau
14:02:16 [Zakim]
+fyergeau; got it
14:02:16 [Zakim]
-Keio
14:02:17 [Zakim]
+Keio
14:03:29 [r12a]
r12a has joined #i18ncore
14:03:35 [r12a]
zakim, dial ishida
14:03:35 [Zakim]
ok, r12a; the call is being made
14:03:37 [Zakim]
+Ishida
14:04:02 [fsasaki]
agenda?
14:05:14 [r12a]
kazuyo
14:06:02 [fsasaki]
zakim, take up agendum 1
14:06:02 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "action items" taken up [from fsasaki]
14:06:49 [fsasaki]
action: Felix to make regular call 1 hour earlier (talk to zakim)(DONE)
14:07:08 [fsasaki]
Felix to talk to Martin on IRI tests (DONE)
14:07:39 [fsasaki]
action: Mary to look at WS Addr (PENDING)
14:08:22 [fsasaki]
action: felix to go trough LTLI within the next 2 weeks (PENDING)
14:08:38 [fsasaki]
felix: hope to have this done next week (again)
14:08:49 [fsasaki]
action: Francois to build a current issues list on charmod norm (ONGOING)
14:09:16 [fsasaki]
action: Mary will make the updates discussed in Mandelieu on ws i18n (PENDING)
14:09:38 [fsasaki]
action: Richard to go through the xml:lang CDR review issue (DROPPED)
14:09:45 [fsasaki]
agenda?
14:10:24 [fsasaki]
zakim, take up agendum 2
14:10:24 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "ws i18n republication schedule" taken up [from fsasaki]
14:11:32 [fsasaki]
felix: got feedback that we should slow down publication of this
14:11:43 [fsasaki]
.. i.e. not before May, better June
14:12:12 [fsasaki]
zakim, take up agendum 3
14:12:12 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "charmod resid progress" taken up [from fsasaki]
14:12:28 [fsasaki]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Apr/0006.html
14:12:35 [fsasaki]
Felix: mail from Martin
14:17:11 [fsasaki]
.. we need an implementation report for resid
14:17:58 [fsasaki]
Richard: charmod needs implementation in specs
14:18:12 [fsasaki]
Francois: for resid, you have to show that browsers or servers to the right thing
14:19:15 [fsasaki]
Felix: do we then have to write an implementation report?
14:19:26 [fsasaki]
Francois: in the resid spec, there are four requirements
14:19:54 [fsasaki]
.. we require a test suite, but the document places requirements on spec
14:20:04 [fsasaki]
.. the document is just a wrapper on the IETF IRI spec
14:20:20 [fsasaki]
Richard: conformance criteria are just about specs
14:22:06 [fsasaki]
action: Felix to find out where the tests from Martin are located
14:22:45 [fsasaki]
action: Felix to find out what we need in the IRI implementation report
14:23:11 [fsasaki]
Francois: We did require a test suite
14:23:21 [fsasaki]
.. what we could do is an implementation report related to specs
14:24:00 [fsasaki]
Felix: how many specs cite charmod resid?
14:24:15 [fsasaki]
Francois: they don't need to cite it, just be compliant
14:24:54 [fsasaki]
[[C061 [S] Specifications that define new syntax for URIs SHOULD also define the normalization requirements for the syntax they introduce.]]
14:25:24 [fsasaki]
Richard: we left that in there because we are not defining what the normalization requirements are
14:25:33 [fsasaki]
.. so we are fine with this
14:27:23 [fsasaki]
action: Felix to write an implementation report on charmod resid
14:27:28 [fyergeau_]
http://www.w3.org/2004/11/charmod-implementation/
14:29:30 [fsasaki]
agenda?
14:29:40 [fsasaki]
zakim, take up agendum 4
14:29:40 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "LTLI / RFC 3066bis project review" taken up [from fsasaki]
14:31:42 [fsasaki]
Felix: I asked Addison if he could participate in a project review about RFC 3066bis
14:32:03 [fsasaki]
Richard: when will you do that?
14:32:07 [fsasaki]
Felix: in the next months
14:32:23 [fsasaki]
Richard: we have to figure out some things
14:32:41 [fsasaki]
.. and it should be after the doc is finalized
14:33:14 [fsasaki]
.. I am writing s.t. about the first part part of RFC 3066bis
14:33:43 [fsasaki]
.. for the www conference, and to put on the i18n site
14:34:24 [fsasaki]
zakim, take up agendum 5
14:34:24 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Voice XML and charmod (fundamentals)" taken up [from fsasaki]
14:34:26 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
14:35:44 [fsasaki]
topic: ws addressing review
14:35:51 [fsasaki]
mary: I'll get to it this afternoon
14:36:00 [fsasaki]
topic: ws i18n update
14:36:17 [fsasaki]
mary: It looks like it makes sense
14:36:33 [fsasaki]
.. it will not be a 100 page document (like the security document)
14:37:46 [fsasaki]
zakim, take up agendum 5
14:37:46 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Voice XML and charmod (fundamentals)" taken up [from fsasaki]
14:38:06 [fsasaki]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Apr/0005.html
14:38:43 [fsasaki]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Apr/0011.html
14:42:22 [fsasaki]
Richard: I don't understand the DTMF part
14:42:51 [r12a]
i don't think *Max* understands the DTMF part
14:44:05 [fsasaki]
Francois: there seems to be some misunderstanding
14:44:10 [fsasaki]
[[Here's an analysis of why I recommend we do not mandate nor
14:44:10 [fsasaki]
recomment compliance to CharMod Fundamentals in VoiceXML2.1.
14:44:13 [fsasaki]
]]
14:45:45 [fsasaki]
action: everybody to look at the mail at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Apr/0011.html
14:46:12 [fsasaki]
action: Felix ask Max if he can join next week's i18n core call
14:46:44 [fsasaki]
Richard: what will the TAG discuss?
14:46:52 [fsasaki]
Karl's tag action item:
14:46:53 [fsasaki]
[[ACTION: Karl to bring to the TAG the relationship between charmod and
14:46:53 [fsasaki]
XML as large and its implications on specification development
14:46:54 [fsasaki]
]]
14:47:40 [fsasaki]
[[The question seems to be if all future Technologies defined in W3C
14:47:40 [fsasaki]
Specifications MUST conform or not to Charmod.
14:47:40 [fsasaki]
A related question is for the specifications themselves.
14:47:41 [fsasaki]
]]
14:48:54 [fsasaki]
Richard: the tag question is a general question, different from Max' issues
14:49:19 [fsasaki]
.. as we developed charmod, we had something in the conformance section saying "all new W3C specs MUST refer to it"
14:49:30 [fsasaki]
.. Tim and others pushed back, so we took that out
14:49:42 [fsasaki]
.. in the hope that other specs would refer to charmod
14:49:50 [fsasaki]
.. Francois, is this the result?
14:49:58 [fsasaki]
Francois: I don't recall anything else
14:50:36 [r12a]
http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/
14:53:32 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/#no-charset
14:53:42 [fsasaki]
Richard: that means "don't look at the http header"
14:53:52 [fsasaki]
Francois: that stuff breaks all the time
14:54:37 [r12a]
correction: that means "don't declare the encoding in the http header for xhtml"
14:55:19 [fsasaki]
action: all to look at the TAG issue, and intercept Karl
14:55:52 [fsasaki]
Felix: should we take over from Karl?
14:55:57 [fsasaki]
Richard: I don't think so
14:56:03 [fsasaki]
.. it will take some time from us
14:57:16 [fsasaki]
.. we should not make a huge deal of it
14:57:53 [fsasaki]
topic: other business?
14:58:24 [Zakim]
-fyergeau
14:58:26 [Zakim]
-Mary
14:58:28 [Zakim]
-Keio
14:58:30 [Zakim]
I18N_Core_WG()10:00AM has ended
14:58:30 [fsasaki]
rrsagent, make log public
14:58:33 [Zakim]
Attendees were Felix, [IPcaller], fyergeau, Keio, Ishida, Mary
14:58:41 [fsasaki]
present: Felix, Francois, Mary, Richard
14:58:45 [fsasaki]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:58:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-minutes.html fsasaki
15:16:16 [Zakim]
I18N_Core_WG()10:00AM has now started
15:16:24 [Zakim]
+Karunesh_Arora
15:16:32 [r12a]
hello karunesh
15:16:33 [Zakim]
-Karunesh_Arora
15:16:34 [Zakim]
I18N_Core_WG()10:00AM has ended
15:16:35 [Zakim]
Attendees were Karunesh_Arora
15:19:26 [karora]
karora has joined #i18Ncore
15:20:55 [Zakim]
I18N_Core_WG()10:00AM has now started
15:21:00 [Zakim]
I18N_Core_WG()10:00AM has ended
15:21:01 [Zakim]
Attendees were
15:21:15 [r12a]
hello karunesh,
15:21:26 [r12a]
core meetings start an hour earlier now
15:21:42 [r12a]
ie. at 2pm UTC
16:50:49 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #i18ncore