IRC log of wai-wcag on 2006-03-30

Timestamps are in UTC.

21:00:49 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
21:00:49 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/03/30-wai-wcag-irc
21:00:52 [Zakim]
+??P5
21:01:05 [ben]
zakim, ??P5 is Ben_and_Gregg
21:01:05 [Zakim]
+Ben_and_Gregg; got it
21:01:12 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
21:01:17 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:01:25 [bengt]
zakim, was is sorcha =
21:01:25 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'was is sorcha =', bengt
21:01:29 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
21:01:36 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.a]
21:01:43 [rscano]
zakim, [IP is Roberto_Scano
21:01:43 [Zakim]
sorry, rscano, I do not recognize a party named '[IP'
21:01:48 [ben]
RRSAgent, do not start a new log
21:01:52 [bengt]
zakim, +[IPcaller] is sorcha
21:01:52 [Zakim]
sorry, bengt, I do not recognize a party named '+[IPcaller]'
21:01:54 [ben]
RRSAgent, make log world
21:01:58 [rscano]
zakim, [IPcaller.a] is Roberto_Scano
21:01:58 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Scano; got it
21:02:01 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
21:02:01 [ben]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Telecon
21:02:03 [Zakim]
+Michael_Cooper
21:02:06 [ben]
Zakim,this is WAI_WCAG
21:02:06 [Zakim]
ben, this was already WAI_WCAG()3:00PM
21:02:07 [bengt]
zakim, [IPcaller] is sorcha
21:02:08 [Zakim]
ok, ben; that matches WAI_WCAG()3:00PM
21:02:09 [rscano]
zakim, I am Roberto_Scano
21:02:10 [Zakim]
+sorcha; got it
21:02:11 [Michael]
zakim, I am Michael_Cooper
21:02:12 [Zakim]
ok, rscano, I now associate you with Roberto_Scano
21:02:13 [Zakim]
ok, Michael, I now associate you with Michael_Cooper
21:02:15 [ben]
Chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden and John_Slatin
21:02:21 [ben]
Regrets: Roberto_Ellero, Cynthia_Shelly
21:02:27 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
21:02:28 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.498.aabb
21:02:31 [rscano]
zakim, mute me
21:02:31 [Zakim]
Roberto_Scano should now be muted
21:02:36 [ben]
agenda+ SC 1.3.1 Failures (March 30)
21:02:44 [Zakim]
+Judy
21:02:47 [ben]
agenda+ How to Meet Documents for 1.2.2 and 2.3.2 and Text of Guideline 4.1
21:02:53 [Zakim]
+Becky_Gibson
21:02:56 [ben]
agenda+ Understanding Guideline Documents
21:03:07 [ben]
agenda+ Planning and timeline for Last Call
21:03:09 [gregg]
gregg has joined #wai-wcag
21:03:27 [Becky]
Becky has joined #wai-wcag
21:03:34 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:03:36 [Makoto]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Makoto_Ueki
21:03:36 [Zakim]
+Makoto_Ueki; got it
21:03:36 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:03:36 [Zakim]
On the phone I see sorcha, Bengt_Farre, John_Slatin, Ben_and_Gregg, Tim_Boland, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, David_MacDonald, Roberto_Scano (muted), [IBM], Michael_Cooper,
21:03:40 [Zakim]
... +1.202.498.aabb, Judy, Becky_Gibson, Makoto_Ueki
21:03:58 [ben]
zakim, [IBM is Andi_Snow-Weaver
21:03:58 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow-Weaver; got it
21:04:19 [Zakim]
+Yvette_Hoitink
21:04:25 [bengt]
couldnt hear the name
21:04:30 [ben]
zakim, +1.202.498.aabb is Bruce_Bailey
21:04:30 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey; got it
21:04:32 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
21:04:44 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:04:44 [Zakim]
On the phone I see sorcha, Bengt_Farre, John_Slatin, Ben_and_Gregg, Tim_Boland, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, David_MacDonald, Roberto_Scano (muted), Andi_Snow-Weaver, Michael_Cooper,
21:04:47 [Zakim]
... Bruce_Bailey, Judy, Becky_Gibson, Makoto_Ueki, Yvette_Hoitink, Christophe_Strobbe
21:05:12 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
21:05:12 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
21:05:56 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 1
21:05:56 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "SC 1.3.1 Failures (March 30)" taken up [from ben]
21:06:09 [Andi]
scribe:
21:06:14 [Andi]
scribe: Andi
21:06:18 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic
21:06:22 [ben]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2006JanMar/0668.html
21:06:28 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 1
21:06:30 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "SC 1.3.1 Failures (March 30)" taken up [from ben]
21:06:35 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
21:07:23 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
21:08:33 [Andi]
resolution: accept How to Meet Success Criterion 2.3.2, Understanding 1.3, 1.4, 2.2, 2.3, 2.5, 3.1, 4.2 with edits by consent decree
21:08:54 [Andi]
Topic: Failure due to using scripting events instead of anchors to create links
21:10:05 [Ryladog]
Ryladog has joined #wai-wcag
21:10:27 [Andi]
scribe: David_MacDonald
21:13:31 [David_MacDonald]
resolution: accept SC 1.3.1 , adopt with edits except for the last item... except the end of Michael recommendation starting at "another related situation..."
21:15:03 [Andi]
q+
21:15:34 [David_MacDonald]
topic: sc 1.3.1 Filure due to using structural markup in a way that does not represent relationships in the content
21:18:53 [David_MacDonald]
action: Andi to add a line in the wording of the text of the Failure technique to ensure that the failure does not cover layout tables
21:20:02 [David_MacDonald]
resolution: adopt sc 1.3.1 Filure due to using structural markup in a way that does not represent relationships in the content with Andi's edit to the language in the description to make sure it does not apply to layout tables
21:20:31 [David_MacDonald]
s/Filure/Failure
21:20:44 [David_MacDonald]
s/Filure/Failure
21:22:00 [David_MacDonald]
Topic: 2.4.4 Failure: Failure due to not programmatically associating a link with text which its purpose can be determined
21:23:40 [Andi]
q-
21:24:13 [ben]
ack Lor
21:24:52 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:25:21 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:28:00 [Yvette]
q+ to say "failure due to not including a description of a link"
21:30:29 [gregg]
ACK Y
21:30:29 [Zakim]
Yvette, you wanted to say "failure due to not including a description of a link"
21:35:17 [David_MacDonald]
resolution: do not adopt the failure 2.4.4 Failure: Failure due to not programmatically associating a link with text which its purpose can be determined. And adding a line in the example of the parent element example that says that preceeding parent element must contain the link or it is not a parent.
21:36:15 [ben]
zakim,closethis item
21:36:15 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'closethis item', ben
21:36:18 [David_MacDonald]
topic: how to meet doc....1.2.2
21:36:21 [ben]
zakim, close this item
21:36:21 [Zakim]
agendum 1 closed
21:36:22 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
21:36:23 [Zakim]
2. How to Meet Documents for 1.2.2 and 2.3.2 and Text of Guideline 4.1 [from ben]
21:36:26 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 2
21:36:26 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "How to Meet Documents for 1.2.2 and 2.3.2 and Text of Guideline 4.1" taken up [from ben]
21:38:29 [ben]
ack Lor
21:39:01 [judy]
q+
21:41:34 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:41:34 [Zakim]
On the phone I see sorcha, Bengt_Farre, John_Slatin, Ben_and_Gregg, Tim_Boland, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, David_MacDonald, Roberto_Scano (muted), Andi_Snow-Weaver, Michael_Cooper,
21:41:37 [Zakim]
... Judy, Becky_Gibson, Makoto_Ueki, Yvette_Hoitink, Christophe_Strobbe, Alex_Li, Sofia_Celic (muted), Katie_Haritos-Shea, Bruce_Bailey
21:43:26 [Yvette]
q+ to ask for clarification
21:43:34 [ben]
ack judy
21:43:36 [judy]
q-
21:43:39 [ben]
ack Yve
21:43:39 [Zakim]
Yvette, you wanted to ask for clarification
21:45:22 [Zakim]
+Kerstin_Goldsmith
21:46:25 [Ryladog]
q+
21:47:53 [gregg]
ACK R
21:47:55 [gregg]
ACK J
21:48:21 [bengt]
zakim, who is making noise ?
21:48:25 [rscano]
zakim, mute me
21:48:25 [Zakim]
Roberto_Scano should now be muted
21:48:31 [Zakim]
bengt, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Ben_and_Gregg (68%), Roberto_Scano (20%), Judy (30%), Yvette_Hoitink (4%)
21:48:48 [Ryladog]
q+
21:49:35 [David_MacDonald]
resolution: accept how to meet sc 1.2.2
21:51:17 [Ryladog]
q+
21:51:52 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:53:38 [Yvette]
zakim, mute me
21:53:38 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should now be muted
21:53:53 [David_MacDonald]
q+
21:57:17 [Zakim]
+??P0
21:57:19 [Zakim]
-Kerstin_Goldsmith
21:57:41 [Ryladog]
q-
22:00:18 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
22:00:39 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:00:57 [David_MacDonald]
resolution: accept John's definition of fully corrected screenplay with the old note about "a screenplay used to create removing "as it occurred and"
22:01:02 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
22:01:04 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
22:01:28 [Zakim]
-sorcha
22:01:31 [Yvette]
zakim, unmute me
22:01:31 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should no longer be muted
22:01:48 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
22:02:03 [Sorcha]
IP caller is Sorcha Moore, Segala
22:02:11 [Yvette]
zakim, mute me
22:02:12 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should now be muted
22:02:19 [bengt]
zakim, [IP is SorchaMoore
22:02:19 [Zakim]
+SorchaMoore; got it
22:04:15 [David_MacDonald]
resolution: accept how to meet 1.2.2 with John's intent edit
22:04:53 [Andi]
scribe: Andi
22:05:27 [Andi]
topic: How to meet SC 2.3.2
22:06:46 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
22:06:49 [Yvette]
q+
22:07:02 [David_MacDonald]
q-
22:07:04 [ben]
ack John
22:07:09 [Yvette]
ack y
22:07:10 [ben]
ack Yvette
22:07:40 [bengt]
zakim, [Microsoft] is perhaps Cynthia
22:07:40 [Zakim]
+Cynthia?; got it
22:09:58 [bengt]
zakim, Cynthia is Cynthia_Shelley
22:09:58 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelley; got it
22:10:04 [Yvette]
q+ to say "target audience?"
22:10:07 [Yvette]
ack c
22:11:11 [Yvette]
q-
22:12:02 [Yvette]
q+
22:12:13 [Makoto]
zakim, mute me
22:12:13 [Zakim]
Makoto_Ueki should now be muted
22:15:03 [ben]
ack Yve
22:18:08 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
22:19:24 [Andi]
resolution: accept "How to meet 2.3.2" with edits
22:20:02 [Andi]
topic: Revised proposal for 4.1.2
22:22:17 [Andi]
resolution: accept reworded guideline 4.1 Support compatibility with current and future user agents
22:22:17 [Andi]
(including assistive technologies)
22:25:11 [Andi]
topic: definition of "publicly documented" that is included in the note for the definition of "programmatically set"
22:31:11 [ben]
current definition: http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/appendixA.html#programmaticallydetermineddef
22:34:34 [judy]
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20030520.html
22:35:10 [judy]
sorry, updated version: http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20040205/
22:35:22 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
22:38:30 [Zakim]
-Yvette_Hoitink
22:38:36 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Scano
22:38:39 [rscano]
rscano has left #wai-wcag
22:40:58 [gregg]
ACK
22:41:03 [gregg]
ACK L
22:43:43 [Andi]
resolution: roll call vote to open up normative definitions of "programmatically set" and "programmatically determined"
22:50:15 [judy]
+1 on being careful on terminology & intent
22:55:20 [gregg]
ACK B
22:55:21 [gregg]
ACK C
22:57:39 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
22:59:26 [David_MacDonald]
q+
23:00:54 [gregg]
set by software using methods that are user-agent-supported
23:01:03 [Andi]
proposal for definition of "programmatically set" - "set by software using methods that are user-agent-supported"
23:03:07 [Andi]
proposal for definition of "programmatically determined" - "determined by software from data provided in a user-agent-supported manner such that the user agents can extract and present this information to users in different modalities"
23:03:18 [gregg]
ACK B
23:03:24 [gregg]
ACK D
23:04:11 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald.a
23:06:54 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
23:06:55 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald.aa
23:10:20 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald.aaa
23:10:54 [gregg]
ACK J
23:12:28 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
23:12:34 [David_MacDonald]
q+
23:15:02 [Andi]
amend proposals on definition of "programmatically set" and "programmatically determined" - add and address issue of the availability of the APIs in the information on choosing a baseline.
23:16:10 [Andi]
resolution: accept proposal to remove "publicly documented" from definitions of "programmatically set" and "programmatically determined" and address issue of the availability of interfaces to the information on choosing a baseline.
23:16:11 [judy]
q+
23:16:25 [gregg]
ACK D
23:16:40 [Zakim]
-Becky_Gibson
23:20:27 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
23:20:42 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, mute me
23:20:42 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should now be muted
23:20:46 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
23:21:13 [ben]
zakim, who is on the call?
23:21:14 [Zakim]
On the phone I see John_Slatin, Ben_and_Gregg, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, David_MacDonald (muted), Andi_Snow-Weaver, Michael_Cooper, Judy, Makoto_Ueki (muted), Christophe_Strobbe,
23:21:17 [Zakim]
... Sofia_Celic (muted), Katie_Haritos-Shea, ??P0, Bruce_Bailey, SorchaMoore, Cynthia_Shelley, David_MacDonald.a, David_MacDonald.aa, David_MacDonald.aaa
23:21:28 [Andi]
topic: Understanding guideline 1.1
23:21:44 [ben]
zakim, drop David_MacDonald.a
23:21:44 [Zakim]
'David_MacDonald.a' is ambiguous, ben
23:22:31 [Andi]
resolution: accept "Understanding guideline 1.1" with edits
23:23:12 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
23:24:57 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
23:28:05 [Andi]
resolution: accept all "Understanding guideline x.y" documents with edits
23:30:56 [Andi]
topic: Failure due to omitting the alt-attribute for non-text content used for decorative purposes only in HTML
23:31:07 [Andi]
resolution: accept with edits
23:31:14 [Andi]
resolution: accept
23:33:13 [Zakim]
-??P0
23:37:38 [judy]
q+ to briefly remind about CR planning
23:37:39 [ben]
zakim, close this item
23:37:40 [Zakim]
agendum 2 closed
23:37:41 [ben]
Present: Sorcha_Moore, Bengt_Farre, John_Slatin, Ben_Caldwell, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Tim_Boland, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, David_MacDonald, Roberto_Scano, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Michael_Cooper, Bruce_Bailey, Judy_Brewer, Becky_Gibson, Makoto_Ueki, Yvette_Hoitink, Christophe_Strobbe, Alex_Li, Sofiea_Celic, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Kerstin_Goldsmith, Cynthia_Shelly
23:37:42 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
23:37:43 [Zakim]
3. Understanding Guideline Documents [from ben]
23:37:43 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow-Weaver
23:37:45 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
23:37:46 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald.aaa
23:37:46 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
23:37:47 [Zakim]
-John_Slatin
23:37:47 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelley
23:37:49 [Zakim]
-Makoto_Ueki
23:37:51 [Zakim]
-Ben_and_Gregg
23:37:52 [Sorcha]
Sorcha has left #wai-wcag
23:37:53 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
23:37:55 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
23:37:55 [judy]
q-
23:37:57 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
23:38:02 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
23:38:15 [Zakim]
-SorchaMoore
23:44:10 [Christophe]
Christophe has left #wai-wcag
00:28:11 [judy]
judy has left #wai-wcag
00:30:28 [Zakim]
-Judy
00:31:46 [judy]
judy has joined #wai-wcag
00:31:55 [judy]
zakim, who's here?
00:31:55 [Zakim]
On the phone I see David_MacDonald (muted), David_MacDonald.a, David_MacDonald.aa
00:31:58 [Zakim]
On IRC I see judy, RRSAgent, Michael, Zakim
00:32:24 [judy]
zakim, drop David_MacDonald (muted)
00:32:24 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'drop David_MacDonald (muted)', judy
00:32:45 [judy]
zakim, drop David_MacDonald.a
00:32:45 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald.a is being disconnected
00:32:46 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald.a
00:33:03 [judy]
zakim, drop David_MacDonald
00:33:04 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald is being disconnected
00:33:05 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
00:33:09 [judy]
zakim, drop David_MacDonald.aa
00:33:09 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald.aa is being disconnected
00:33:10 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
00:33:11 [Zakim]
Attendees were +46.0.73.573.aaaa, John_Slatin, Bengt_Farre, Ben_and_Gregg, Tim_Boland, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, David_MacDonald, Roberto_Scano, [IBM], Michael_Cooper, sorcha, Judy,
00:33:15 [Zakim]
... Becky_Gibson, Makoto_Ueki, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Yvette_Hoitink, Bruce_Bailey, Christophe_Strobbe, Alex_Li, Sofia_Celic, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Kerstin_Goldsmith, [IPcaller],
00:33:17 [Zakim]
... SorchaMoore, Cynthia?, Cynthia_Shelley
00:33:34 [judy]
zakim, who's here?
00:33:34 [Zakim]
apparently WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended, judy
00:33:35 [Zakim]
On IRC I see judy, RRSAgent, Michael, Zakim
00:33:44 [judy]
OK.
02:16:49 [Michael]
rrsagent, bye
02:16:49 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/03/30-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
02:16:49 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Andi to add a line in the wording of the text of the Failure technique to ensure that the failure does not cover layout tables [1]
02:16:49 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/03/30-wai-wcag-irc#T21-18-53