IRC log of dawg on 2006-03-28

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:28:27 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dawg
14:28:27 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/03/28-dawg-irc
14:28:30 [LeeF]
Zakim, IBMCambridge is me
14:28:30 [Zakim]
+LeeF; got it
14:28:36 [Zakim]
+DanC
14:29:18 [Zakim]
+??P5
14:29:20 [AndyS_]
zakim. ??P5 is me
14:29:43 [AndyS]
zakim, ??P5 is me
14:29:43 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
14:30:04 [kendallclark]
i was gonna call in late but then i remembered i'm scribe
14:30:07 [kendallclark]
dialing now
14:30:20 [kendallclark]
(mom called to ask about wedding plans. ;>)
14:30:33 [Zakim]
+EricP
14:30:44 [LeeF]
you'd preempt your Mom for the DAWG, kendallclark? that's dedication
14:30:44 [Zakim]
+Sven_Groppe
14:30:45 [SerT]
regrets, can't stay. I didn't realise the daylight saving time is not started for you guys
14:30:58 [kendallclark]
well, she wanted to chat for a long time :)
14:31:06 [Zakim]
+Kendall_Clark
14:31:15 [kendallclark]
scribe: Kendall Clark
14:31:22 [DanC]
bummer, SerT. I tried to look into that carefully; I thought the summer time wierdness didn't start until next week.
14:31:38 [kendallclark]
it doesn't in the US start till this weekend, iirc
14:31:39 [SerT]
my fault
14:31:50 [DanC]
well, understandable.
14:32:10 [ericP]
i'm sure there are politicians to blame for this policy
14:33:02 [ericP]
are we scheduled to align with europe?
14:33:07 [SerT]
can somebody forward me Peter's message http://www.w3.org/mid/20050918.110248.43269866.pfps@research.bell-labs.com
14:33:30 [JosDeRoo]
JosDeRoo has joined #dawg
14:33:37 [ericP]
should i scribe this for kendall?
14:33:40 [DanC]
I guess so, SerT
14:33:49 [ericP]
was just giving you a hard time
14:33:53 [kendallclark]
i'm good
14:34:00 [ericP]
(with a smile on my face)
14:34:03 [SerT]
thanks Dan, c u
14:34:10 [LeeF]
zakim, EliasT is with me
14:34:10 [Zakim]
+EliasT; got it
14:34:11 [DanC]
no, my mailer is in some wierd IMAP-lock-wierdness, state, SerT
14:34:30 [Zakim]
+Jos_De_Roo
14:34:40 [DanC]
Zakim, take up item 1
14:34:40 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Convene, take roll, review records and agenda" taken up [from DanC]
14:34:45 [DanC]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
14:34:45 [Zakim]
On the phone I see LeeF, DanC, AndyS, EricP (muted), Sven_Groppe, Kendall_Clark, Jos_De_Roo
14:34:47 [Zakim]
LeeF has LeeF, EliasT
14:34:54 [SerT]
no rush, Dan, I just need it to keep the header references in my reply
14:35:25 [DanC]
there are mbox archives... http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/mboxes/2006-03.mbx
14:35:38 [DanC]
(member-access for spam control reasons)
14:36:02 [SerT]
got it, thanx
14:36:09 [LeeF]
F.C.S is lacking, often.
14:36:09 [Zakim]
+ +1.603.459.aaaa
14:36:24 [DanC]
Zakim, aaaa is Souri
14:36:24 [Zakim]
+Souri; got it
14:36:28 [kendallclark]
argh
14:38:01 [DanC]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006JanMar/0465.html minutes 21 March
14:38:05 [AndyS]
seconded
14:38:06 [DanC]
with 1 ammendment
14:38:07 [kendallclark]
Minutes from 21 March, as amended, APPROVED
14:38:48 [kendallclark]
Levity at the chair's expense! :)
14:39:01 [DanC]
PROPOSED: to meet again Tue, 4 Apr 2006, 14:30Z (Boston Tue 10:30 AM; Los Angeles Tue 7:30 AM; London Tue 3:30 PM; other local times);
14:39:29 [ericP]
2nd
14:39:34 [AndyS]
Congrats to get the TZ right for London this week.
14:39:37 [kendallclark]
seconded
14:39:41 [ericP]
oh all right
14:39:42 [LeeF]
Regrets for next week
14:39:47 [ericP]
yup
14:39:58 [DanC]
RESOLVED: to meet Tue, 4 Apr 2006, 14:30Z, ericp to scribe
14:39:58 [kendallclark]
EricP to scribe next week's meeting
14:40:00 [AndyS]
AndyS / Regrets for next week
14:40:23 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
14:40:23 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "comments related to rdfSemantics, owlDisjunction" taken up [from DanC]
14:40:58 [LeeF]
ACTION LeeF: to find email thread about wording of restricting pattern solution domain to variables in BGP; follow up on that to get text back into rq23 [WITHDRAWN]
14:41:06 [LeeF]
ACTION: LeeF to create test case resulting from 2006-03-03T11:15Z (before lunch, 2nd day) whiteboard discussion [WITHDRAWN]
14:41:47 [DanC]
ACTION: SergioT to respond to 2005-09-18T15:02:48Z Peter F. Patel-Schneider [CONTINUES]
14:41:50 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
14:41:50 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Issue nameValueForms" taken up [from DanC]
14:42:05 [DanC]
RESOLVED to postpone
14:42:08 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
14:42:08 [Zakim]
agendum 3 was just opened, DanC
14:42:16 [DanC]
Zakim, move to next item
14:42:16 [Zakim]
agendum 3 was just opened, DanC
14:42:17 [Souri]
Souri has joined #dawg
14:42:23 [DanC]
Zakim, close item 3
14:42:24 [Zakim]
agendum 3, Issue nameValueForms, closed
14:42:25 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:42:26 [Zakim]
4. protocol editing, WSDL 2 coordination [from DanC]
14:42:27 [DanC]
Zakim, move to next item
14:42:27 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "protocol editing, WSDL 2 coordination" taken up [from DanC]
14:43:12 [DanC]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/proto-wd/ 1.117 discharges KC's refs action to my satisfaction
14:44:42 [DanC]
# ACTION: LeeF to try SPARQL WSDL files with Woden validator, report results. [DONE]
14:45:12 [DanC]
ACTION: KendallC to confirm that SPARQL WSDL query/queryrequest and maxOccurs do not need to be changed, despite Marsh's comment of 17Feb. [DONE]
14:45:13 [kendallclark]
but it's still true, Lee
14:45:24 [LeeF]
d'oh
14:45:28 [kendallclark]
:>
14:45:29 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
14:45:29 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Toward CR" taken up [from DanC]
14:46:02 [DanC]
# ACTION: SvenG to follow up with Reto Krummenacher on [2006-02-24T16:40:55Z Reto Krummenacher]. Note: the thread is closed as of 14 March
14:46:08 [DanC]
Zakim, is Sven here?
14:46:08 [Zakim]
probably, DanC; Sven_Groppe arrived 15 minutes ago
14:46:34 [Sven_Groppe]
you cannot here me?
14:46:44 [DanC]
Zakim, ack sven
14:46:44 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
14:46:44 [Sven_Groppe]
I write ..
14:46:47 [kendallclark]
well, he can be a rational being with inconsistent belief set
14:47:14 [Sven_Groppe]
Reto is satisfied with the last email correspondence
14:47:18 [DanC]
great.
14:47:25 [DanC]
action done.
14:49:34 [DanC]
PROPOSED: to to advance SPARQL to CR, and be willing to treat Fred's comments as new information during CR
14:49:43 [DanC]
PROPOSED: to to advance SPARQL to CR, and be willing to treat Fred Zemke's comments as new information during CR
14:52:51 [kendallclark]
Does anyone else in the WG agree w/ Oracle about these 6 and 4 comments not addressed?
14:53:05 [kendallclark]
i.e., that they haven't been addressed?
14:54:46 [DanC]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006JanMar/0484.html Souri 26 Mar
14:55:08 [Souri]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006JanMar/att-0484/fz_3.htm
14:59:22 [Sven_Groppe]
I have to leave due to not recognizing the different daylight time changes of US and here.
14:59:32 [Zakim]
-Sven_Groppe
14:59:46 [Sven_Groppe]
Sven_Groppe has left #dawg
15:01:51 [DanC]
PROPOSED: to to advance SPARQL to CR, contingent on confirmation from Fred Zemke
15:02:12 [ericP]
2nd
15:03:40 [DanC]
ACTION Souri: arrange a phone call with Fred Zemke and interested WG members (Andy + (DanC or EricP))
15:06:24 [LeeF]
what's the current discussion about? i had to step away for a second
15:06:38 [DanC]
"I have been told by other members of DAWG that it is illegal to name the same dataset twice in FROM or FROM NAMED clauses of a query. "
15:06:41 [kendallclark]
about what happens if a URI occurs >1 in a from or from named clause
15:06:42 [DanC]
-- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006JanMar/att-0484/fz_3.htm
15:06:55 [LeeF]
ah, thanks
15:08:40 [kendallclark]
sorry if i spoke over you eric
15:09:19 [DanC]
PROPOSED: to to advance SPARQL to CR, contingent on confirmation from Fred Zemke
15:09:31 [DanC]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
15:09:31 [Zakim]
On the phone I see LeeF, DanC, AndyS, EricP, Kendall_Clark, Jos_De_Roo, Souri
15:09:33 [Zakim]
LeeF has LeeF, EliasT
15:15:34 [DanC]
PROPOSED: to to advance SPARQL to CR, contingent on confirmation from Fred Zemke
15:15:47 [kendallclark]
2nd
15:16:15 [DanC]
so RESOLVED, FUB objecting
15:17:09 [DanC]
EricP: I'm in Paris
15:17:16 [AndyS]
AndyS : +44 117 312 8181
15:17:24 [DanC]
http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=35463
15:17:33 [ericP]
Souri, you can reach me at +1.617.395.1213 or my Japanese cell: +81.90.6533.3882
15:18:22 [LeeF]
good luck, DanC!
15:18:31 [LeeF]
and Andy
15:19:11 [kendallclark]
zakim, mute me
15:19:11 [Zakim]
Kendall_Clark should now be muted
15:19:22 [DanC]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Team/w3t-archive/2006Mar/0396.html
15:19:49 [DanC]
20:00Z
15:21:31 [kendallclark]
fine
15:21:32 [LeeF]
is ok
15:21:52 [DanC]
Zakim, close this item
15:21:54 [Zakim]
agendum 5 closed
15:21:55 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
15:21:56 [Zakim]
6. JSON results format [from DanC]
15:22:14 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
15:22:14 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "JSON results format" taken up [from DanC]
15:22:18 [kendallclark]
zakim, unmute me
15:22:18 [Zakim]
Kendall_Clark should no longer be muted
15:22:35 [EliasT]
yes
15:22:46 [DanC]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006JanMar/0477.html
15:22:48 [EliasT]
Thanks for your editing...
15:23:29 [DanC]
-> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/json-sparql/
15:25:03 [DanC]
ACTION AndyS: review http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/json-sparql/ after early apr holiday, at earliest convenience
15:25:51 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
15:25:51 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "test suite maintenance" taken up [from DanC]
15:26:07 [kendallclark]
propose to adjourn
15:26:15 [kendallclark]
2nd, Andy
15:26:53 [DanC]
ADJOURN.
15:26:59 [kendallclark]
for danc: http://halogen.note.amherst.edu/%7Ejdtang/scheme_in_48/tutorial/overview.html
15:27:03 [DanC]
kendallclark, can you send minutes?
15:28:09 [Zakim]
-Jos_De_Roo
15:29:49 [DanC]
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?month=3&day=28&year=2006&p1=0&p2=136&p3=127&p4=248
15:29:57 [kendallclark]
danc: i was scribing in IRC
15:30:05 [kendallclark]
can zakim generate minutes?
15:30:39 [DanC]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
15:30:39 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/03/28-dawg-minutes.html DanC
15:30:58 [DanC]
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 at 11:00:00Tue Noon *Tue 6:00 AMTue 8:00 PM
15:31:10 [DanC]
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?month=3&day=28&year=2006&p1=0&p2=136&p3=43&p4=248
15:34:03 [kendallclark]
dawg minutes 403'd, btw
15:34:16 [DanC]
RRSAgent, make logs world-access
15:34:26 [kendallclark]
th
15:34:27 [kendallclark]
x
15:35:17 [DanC]
yes, EliasT , that's a nice distraction
15:35:19 [Zakim]
-Kendall_Clark
15:35:31 [Zakim]
-Souri
15:35:31 [LeeF]
he probably means IRC, but I can do voice if you prefer
15:35:43 [DanC]
RRSAgent, stop