IRC log of ws-addr on 2006-03-27

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:40:15 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ws-addr
20:40:15 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/03/27-ws-addr-irc
20:40:36 [bob]
zakim, this will be ws_addrwg
20:40:36 [Zakim]
ok, bob; I see WS_AddrWG()4:00PM scheduled to start in 20 minutes
20:41:23 [bob]
Meeting: Web Services Addressing WG Teleconference
20:41:34 [bob]
Chair: Bob Freund
20:41:51 [plh]
Hugo is sick and went to bed. I'll fill in for him today.
20:42:26 [bob]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/mid/7D5D3FDA429F4D469ADF210408D6245A03914D@jeeves.freunds.com
20:43:24 [bob]
Thanks Philippe, I hope it is nothing serious
20:44:34 [plh]
fever from what he said and he was tired. not the right week to get som rest in Europe given the time change
20:47:27 [Jonathan]
Jonathan has joined #ws-addr
20:47:34 [bob]
bob has joined #ws-addr
20:48:24 [bob]
I hope that he was not manning the barracades at the Sorbonne
20:50:46 [prasad]
prasad has joined #ws-addr
20:53:15 [plh]
I didn't ask him if he was involve in the troubles in Paris, but I have a hard time imagining him on the barricades
20:53:23 [plh]
s/involve/involved/
20:53:48 [Zakim]
WS_AddrWG()4:00PM has now started
20:53:55 [Zakim]
+Bob_Freund
20:54:39 [bob]
I managed to be right across the street when several vans full of riot police spilled out and started chasing the demonstrators
20:54:55 [bob]
reminded me of 1968
20:55:17 [bob]
only then I was on the other side of the police line
20:56:37 [TonyR]
TonyR has joined #ws-addr
20:56:41 [David_Illsley]
David_Illsley has joined #ws-addr
20:56:59 [Bozhong]
Bozhong has joined #ws-addr
20:57:07 [Zakim]
+David_Illsley
20:57:28 [Zakim]
+Nilo
20:58:02 [Zakim]
+??P3
20:58:10 [TonyR]
zakim, ??p3 is me
20:58:10 [Zakim]
+TonyR; got it
20:58:34 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:58:47 [anish]
anish has joined #ws-addr
20:58:59 [andreas]
andreas has joined #ws-addr
20:59:04 [Bozhong]
ipcaller->bozhong
20:59:32 [bob]
zakim, ipcaller is bozhong
20:59:32 [Zakim]
+bozhong; got it
21:00:07 [plh]
zakim, call plh-work
21:00:07 [Zakim]
ok, plh; the call is being made
21:00:09 [Zakim]
+Plh
21:00:19 [Katy]
Katy has joined #ws-addr
21:00:24 [TRutt]
TRutt has joined #ws-addr
21:00:28 [Zakim]
+??P5
21:00:50 [Zakim]
+Pete_Wenzel
21:01:16 [Zakim]
+Tom_Rutt
21:01:24 [Zakim]
-bozhong
21:01:27 [Zakim]
+Jonathan_Marsh
21:01:42 [plh]
Regrets: Hugo
21:01:44 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:01:59 [Zakim]
+Gilbert_Pilz
21:02:11 [plh]
zakim, who's making noise?
21:02:12 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.a]
21:02:17 [Zakim]
+Anish
21:02:22 [Zakim]
plh, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Bob_Freund (54%), Gilbert_Pilz (4%), [IPcaller] (17%), ??P13 (57%), Plh (18%)
21:02:23 [Jonathan]
Zakim, +[IPcaller] is bozhong
21:02:25 [Zakim]
+Dave_Hull
21:02:26 [Zakim]
sorry, Jonathan, I do not recognize a party named '+[IPcaller]'
21:02:31 [plh]
zakim, mute me
21:02:31 [Zakim]
Plh should now be muted
21:02:45 [Zakim]
+Paul_Downey
21:02:46 [plh]
zakim, mute ??p13
21:02:46 [Zakim]
sorry, plh, I do not see a party named '??p13'
21:02:55 [plh]
zakim, mute p13
21:02:55 [Zakim]
sorry, plh, I do not see a party named 'p13'
21:02:57 [dhull]
dhull has joined #ws-addr
21:02:57 [bob]
I am muted
21:03:06 [Jonathan]
zakim, who's making noise?
21:03:06 [plh]
zakim, who's making noise?
21:03:14 [pauld]
zakim, who is inside a washing machine
21:03:14 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is inside a washing machine', pauld
21:03:21 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller.a]
21:03:24 [Zakim]
Jonathan, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Tom_Rutt (34%)
21:03:35 [Zakim]
plh, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Bob_Freund (14%), TonyR (26%)
21:04:01 [plh]
zakim, who's here?
21:04:01 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Bob_Freund, David_Illsley, Nilo, TonyR, Plh (muted), prasad, Pete_Wenzel, Tom_Rutt, Jonathan_Marsh, [IPcaller], Gilbert_Pilz, Anish, Dave_Hull, Paul_Downey
21:04:02 [pauld]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:04:04 [Zakim]
On IRC I see dhull, TRutt, andreas, anish, David_Illsley, TonyR, prasad, bob, Jonathan, RRSAgent, Zakim, yinleng, plh, pauld
21:04:07 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Bob_Freund, David_Illsley, Nilo, TonyR, Plh (muted), prasad, Pete_Wenzel, Tom_Rutt, Jonathan_Marsh, [IPcaller], Gilbert_Pilz, Anish, Dave_Hull, Paul_Downey
21:04:35 [gpilz]
gpilz has joined #ws-addr
21:05:00 [Zakim]
+Paul_Knight
21:05:08 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2006/03/27-ws-addr-irc#T21-05-00
21:05:23 [Zakim]
+Dave_Orchard
21:05:40 [plh]
rrsagent, make logs member-visible
21:05:52 [dorchard]
dorchard has joined #ws-addr
21:06:10 [plh]
plh has changed the topic to: Agenda: http://www.w3.org/mid/7D5D3FDA429F4D469ADF210408D6245A03914D@jeeves.freunds.com
21:07:33 [Katy]
Katy has joined #ws-addr
21:07:37 [Zakim]
+Marc_Hadley
21:07:37 [plh]
zakim, unmute me
21:07:38 [Zakim]
Plh should no longer be muted
21:07:47 [plh]
Scribe: Philippe
21:07:53 [plh]
zakim, mute me
21:07:53 [Zakim]
Plh should now be muted
21:08:03 [plh]
Topic: Call for correction for past week minutes
21:08:18 [plh]
Last week minutes: http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/6/03/20-ws-addr-minutes.html
21:08:21 [plh]
No objection
21:08:27 [plh]
Resolution: minutes accepted
21:08:29 [marc]
marc has joined #ws-addr
21:08:31 [plh]
Topic: Action items
21:08:52 [Zakim]
+Mark_Peel/Katy_Warr
21:08:57 [plh]
[DONE] ACTION: 2006-03-03: Hugo Haas to draft mapping to CM of UsingAddressing.
21:09:26 [Bozhong]
Bozhong has joined #ws-addr
21:09:52 [plh]
[DONE] ACTION: 2006-03-20: Editors to Review wsdl document for RFC2119 usage by 2006-03-27
21:09:58 [plh]
zakim, unmute me
21:09:58 [Zakim]
Plh should no longer be muted
21:10:05 [Zakim]
+??P12
21:10:24 [yinleng]
zakim, ??P12 is me
21:10:24 [Zakim]
+yinleng; got it
21:11:03 [plh]
Marc: every place with may, must, should comply with RFC2119
21:11:15 [plh]
Topic: Proposed and New issues
21:11:37 [plh]
Bob: lc120, lc121, lc122 are new issues
21:11:53 [plh]
... will go through those today
21:12:43 [plh]
Topic: Issue LC112
21:12:55 [plh]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-addressing/2006Mar/0075.html Changes for LC112 resolution
21:13:26 [plh]
"I had a doubt about the resolution for {anonymous required}" -- Hugo
21:14:22 [plh]
-> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2004/ws/addressing/ws-addr-wsdl.html?rev=1.43&content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#wsdl20_usingaddressing proposed changes for LC112
21:15:30 [plh]
Jonathan: looks fine to me.
21:15:48 [plh]
Bob: objection to accept the text?
21:16:15 [plh]
Resolution: text from Hugo regarding LC112 is accepted
21:16:24 [andreas]
andreas has joined #ws-addr
21:16:33 [plh]
ACTION: Editors to remove editorial note in section 3.1.1. text from Hugo is accepted.
21:16:40 [plh]
Topci: lc 120
21:16:54 [bob]
Here are a few editorial comments on the Last Call Working Draft
21:16:54 [bob]
21:16:54 [bob]
Section 1:" (for backwards compatibility" is missing a closing bracket
21:16:54 [bob]
21:16:54 [bob]
Section 4.2.3: "the property value is the value of the wsaw:action
21:16:55 [bob]
attribute" should be wsaw:Action
21:16:57 [bob]
21:16:59 [bob]
Section 4.2.4: "In the absence of the wsa:Action attribute" should be
21:17:01 [bob]
wsaw:Action
21:17:03 [bob]
21:17:05 [bob]
Example 4.1 title uses wsaw:Action and titles for 4.2, 4.5, 4.8, 4.9 use
21:17:07 [bob]
wsa:Action. All examples show similar things. Both wsa:Action and
21:17:09 [bob]
wsaw:Action make sense in this context but it should be consistent.
21:17:11 [bob]
21:17:13 [bob]
David
21:17:45 [plh]
Bob: objection to accept those changes?
21:19:01 [Zakim]
+GlenD
21:19:16 [plh]
Resolution: accepted the proposed changes in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-addressing-comments/2006Mar/0005.html
21:19:46 [plh]
Anish: so, do we change it to wsaw:Action, or do we leave it as wsa:Action?
21:19:49 [GlenD]
GlenD has joined #ws-addr
21:20:22 [plh]
Marc: I think it should be wsa:Action in the examples
21:20:35 [GlenD]
+1 to Marc
21:20:50 [plh]
... we only change the first one in first example of 4.1. Others are fine.
21:21:58 [plh]
Resolution: change title in example 4.1 to use wsa:Action
21:22:35 [plh]
ACTION: editors will go through section 4 and modify it to be consistent
21:22:55 [plh]
Bob: I'll mark the issue as closed with editorial pending
21:22:59 [plh]
Topic: lc 121
21:23:22 [plh]
closed following http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-addressing/2006Mar/0081.html
21:23:38 [plh]
original issue was at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-addressing/2006Mar/0078.html
21:23:58 [plh]
Resolution: lc 121 is closed with Marc suggestions
21:24:08 [plh]
Topic: lc 122
21:24:18 [bob]
EDITORIAL SUGGESTION:
21:24:18 [bob]
Section 2.1
21:24:18 [bob]
Do we need to specify cardinality for InterfaceName, ServiceName and
21:24:18 [bob]
EndpointName - i.e. to ensure that there are never multiple ones
21:24:18 [bob]
specified?
21:24:19 [bob]
Section 2.2
21:24:21 [bob]
As above but with embedded WSDL definitions - do we need to specify max
21:24:21 [plh]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-addressing/2006Mar/0079.html Specifying cardinality of WSDL Metadata
21:24:23 [bob]
1?
21:25:55 [plh]
Katy: I always assumed that the interface name only occured once in an EPR, also for service name, or endpoit name but we don't specify that anywhere
21:26:28 [plh]
Jonathan: I can image a bunch of WSDL that describe the same service with different names (translation, ...)
21:26:34 [plh]
s/image/imagine/
21:26:39 [anish]
would that belong in the same EPR, jonathan?
21:27:18 [plh]
... right now, we're not restricting to one, and don't have a use case for it. But can't imagine why we should restrict.
21:27:30 [anish]
+1 to bob
21:27:34 [plh]
Bob: then it should be clear in the document that it is not limited
21:28:10 [plh]
... objection to specificy the cardinality to 0.. ?
21:28:48 [plh]
s/icy/y/
21:29:07 [anish]
xml:lang ?
21:29:31 [plh]
Tom: if we support the use of multiple languages, then it should useful to specify the language on them as well to support the local
21:29:45 [TonyR]
s/Tom/Tony/
21:29:51 [plh]
Jonathan: could be done through extensibility
21:30:22 [plh]
Bob: seems a WSDL issue in general?
21:30:51 [plh]
Marc: an obvious use case is to include a WSDL 1.1 and WSDL 2.0 reference
21:31:33 [plh]
Katy: how would you know which one reference which anyway?
21:31:40 [plh]
Marc: you'll need to dereference the service
21:31:58 [plh]
Glen: you should encapsulate them into an element or restrict the cardinality to one
21:32:36 [plh]
... if we restrict to one, people can use extensibility anyway
21:33:13 [plh]
Katy: you'll need to own client to handle the case then
21:33:36 [plh]
Glen: that would be the case anyway. you need to have some out-of-band mechanism to understand the meaning anyway
21:34:03 [plh]
... if we're going to allow several, let's make the syntax clear, or we should restrict to one
21:35:03 [plh]
.. we would need an element to do the paring between the service name and the interface name
21:35:55 [plh]
Katy: maybe the issue is how often would people use this?
21:36:28 [plh]
Bob: so restrict to one?
21:36:58 [plh]
Katy: if we restrict to one, it would be one of each, right?
21:37:11 [plh]
Marc: they are combinable indeed
21:37:31 [plh]
Katy: can you specify an interface and embed some WSDL?
21:37:44 [plh]
Glen: as long as the interface matches the WSDL, sure.
21:38:03 [plh]
Jonathan: do we say that in the spec?
21:38:28 [plh]
Katy: [quoting text] yes, it's covered.
21:38:41 [plh]
Bob: objection to restrict the cardinality to one?
21:39:13 [plh]
Resolution: lc 122 closed. cardinality for ServiceName, InterfaceName, EndpointName limited to one.
21:39:48 [plh]
ACTION: Editors to limited cardinality for ServiceName, InterfaceName, EndpointName
21:39:58 [plh]
Topic: Future
21:40:08 [plh]
Bob: how many more issues should we expect?
21:40:16 [plh]
Glen: don't think you'll get some from us.
21:40:35 [plh]
Jonathan: expecting to get some this week. A couple of them are interesting.
21:41:04 [plh]
Bob: we'll schedule next week call for one hour only as well
21:41:38 [plh]
... we'll be in summer time next week in the US.
21:41:50 [plh]
... we'll keep it 4pm US/Eastern
21:42:07 [plh]
... we also need to start looking for implementations
21:42:53 [plh]
Bob: we'll want to progress this to CR fast.
21:43:33 [Zakim]
+Gilbert_Pilz.a
21:43:49 [plh]
Bob: the PR review for Core and SOAP Binding is ongoing.
21:43:57 [plh]
Philippe: no objection so far I think
21:44:16 [plh]
Paul: I started a discussion thread on the list about next steps.
21:44:27 [plh]
... what does it mean, etc.
21:44:39 [Zakim]
-Dave_Orchard
21:44:41 [Zakim]
-yinleng
21:44:43 [Zakim]
-Tom_Rutt
21:44:44 [Zakim]
-Paul_Downey
21:44:44 [Zakim]
-Anish
21:44:45 [yinleng]
yinleng has left #ws-addr
21:44:46 [Zakim]
-Marc_Hadley
21:44:46 [Zakim]
-GlenD
21:44:47 [Zakim]
-TonyR
21:44:47 [Zakim]
-Mark_Peel/Katy_Warr
21:44:51 [Zakim]
-Dave_Hull
21:44:55 [Zakim]
-Paul_Knight
21:44:56 [TonyR]
TonyR has left #ws-addr
21:45:00 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
21:45:03 [Zakim]
-Jonathan_Marsh
21:45:04 [Zakim]
-Bob_Freund
21:45:05 [Zakim]
-Plh
21:45:06 [Zakim]
-David_Illsley
21:45:06 [Zakim]
-prasad
21:45:07 [Zakim]
-Pete_Wenzel
21:45:11 [Zakim]
-Nilo
21:45:29 [bob]
rrsagent, make logs public
21:45:47 [bob]
rrsagent, generate minutes
21:45:47 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/03/27-ws-addr-minutes.html bob
21:46:19 [Zakim]
-Gilbert_Pilz.a
22:00:05 [PaulKnight]
PaulKnight has joined #ws-addr
23:05:00 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, Gilbert_Pilz, in WS_AddrWG()4:00PM
23:05:01 [Zakim]
WS_AddrWG()4:00PM has ended
23:05:04 [Zakim]
Attendees were Bob_Freund, David_Illsley, Nilo, TonyR, bozhong, Plh, prasad, Pete_Wenzel, Tom_Rutt, Jonathan_Marsh, [IPcaller], Gilbert_Pilz, Anish, Dave_Hull, Paul_Downey,
23:05:07 [Zakim]
... Paul_Knight, Dave_Orchard, Marc_Hadley, Mark_Peel/Katy_Warr, yinleng, GlenD