IRC log of ws-addr on 2006-03-20

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:45:43 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ws-addr
20:45:43 [RRSAgent]
logging to
20:46:09 [bob]
zakim, this will be ws_addrwg
20:46:09 [Zakim]
ok, bob; I see WS_AddrWG()4:00PM scheduled to start in 14 minutes
20:46:32 [bob]
Meeting: Web Services Addressing WG Teleconference
20:46:45 [bob]
Chair: Bob Freund
20:47:49 [bob]
20:49:20 [TonyR]
TonyR has joined #ws-addr
20:53:22 [gpilz]
gpilz has joined #ws-addr
20:55:20 [Bozhong]
Bozhong has joined #ws-addr
20:56:37 [David_Illsley]
David_Illsley has joined #ws-addr
20:56:38 [prasad]
prasad has joined #ws-addr
20:57:32 [Zakim]
WS_AddrWG()4:00PM has now started
20:57:40 [Zakim]
+ +44.196.286.aaaa - is perhaps Katy_Warr?
20:57:55 [Zakim]
20:57:58 [Zakim]
20:57:59 [Zakim]
20:58:20 [Zakim]
20:58:56 [Zakim]
20:59:16 [Zakim]
20:59:20 [vikas]
vikas has joined #ws-addr
20:59:35 [Zakim]
20:59:53 [TonyR]
zakim, ??p5 is me
20:59:53 [Zakim]
+TonyR; got it
20:59:57 [Zakim]
21:00:12 [Bozhong]
IP Caller is Bozhong
21:00:32 [Zakim]
21:00:49 [Katy]
Katy has joined #ws-addr
21:00:51 [Zakim]
21:00:52 [Jonathan]
Jonathan has joined #ws-addr
21:01:02 [pauld]
pauld has joined #ws-addr
21:01:09 [Zakim]
21:01:33 [Zakim]
21:01:52 [Katy]
zakim, mute Katy
21:01:52 [Zakim]
sorry, Katy, I do not see a party named 'Katy'
21:02:00 [Zakim]
21:02:03 [dhull]
dhull has joined #ws-addr
21:02:08 [Zakim]
21:02:18 [pauld]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:02:18 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Mark_Peel/Katy_Warr, Gilbert_Pilz, David_Illsley, Vikas_Deolaliker, Bob_Freund, TonyR, [IPcaller], Hugo, Mark_Little, Dave_Hull, Prasad_Yendluri, Jonathan_Marsh,
21:02:22 [Zakim]
... Paul_Downey
21:02:29 [pauld]
zakim, mute Katy_Warr
21:02:29 [Zakim]
sorry, pauld, I do not see a party named 'Katy_Warr'
21:02:36 [Katy]
thanks paul
21:02:46 [Katy]
nice try
21:02:55 [Katy]
i've used 61#
21:03:06 [pauld]
zakim, Mark_Peel/Katy_Warr is Katy
21:03:06 [Zakim]
+Katy; got it
21:03:16 [Zakim]
21:03:31 [Zakim]
21:03:52 [vikas]
I shall be your scribe for today. Hello all
21:04:05 [pauld]
scribe: vikas
21:04:28 [vikas]
21:04:58 [vikas]
1) AI and 2) Some new isssues 3) Status of Director call
21:05:09 [Zakim]
21:05:17 [vikas]
dhull: Wants to add editorial comments as agenda item
21:05:34 [pauld]
21:06:21 [vikas]
bob: Objections to minutes to March 2nd F2F?
21:06:40 [Zakim]
21:06:50 [Zakim]
21:06:51 [vikas]
bob: Objections to March 3rd F2F?
21:06:59 [marc]
marc has joined #ws-addr
21:07:29 [vikas]
bob: Accepted minutes of March 2nd, 3rd
21:07:41 [vikas]
bob: Objections to March 13th minutes?
21:08:04 [vikas]
bob: No objections raised; minutes accepted and will be posted to website
21:08:23 [Zakim]
21:08:31 [Paco]
Paco has joined #ws-addr
21:08:39 [Zakim]
21:10:44 [vikas]
bob: LC for WSDL is end of month; Not seeing many comments; but if we can stay real-time in our response it woudl be great
21:11:44 [vikas]
bob: Jonathan to get comments out
21:11:50 [vikas]
Jonathan: Work in progress
21:12:13 [Zakim]
+ +1.781.883.aabb
21:12:55 [vikas]
bob: Hugo AI on Infoset Reference was given to hugo
21:13:18 [vikas]
hugo: Mark and Tony had AI on LC117
21:13:31 [vikas]
on LC116
21:14:12 [pauld]
zakim, aabb is Paul_Knight
21:14:12 [Zakim]
sorry, pauld, I do not recognize a party named 'aabb'
21:14:23 [pauld]
zakim, ?aabb is Paul_Knight
21:14:23 [Zakim]
sorry, pauld, I do not recognize a party named '?aabb'
21:14:50 [vikas]
bob: LC112 AI pending; Owner: Hugo
21:14:55 [yinleng]
yinleng has joined #ws-addr
21:15:31 [TRutt]
TRutt has joined #ws-addr
21:15:37 [dhull]
21:15:38 [vikas]
bob: Dave Hull Issue
21:16:15 [pauld]
zakim, +1.781.883.aabb is Paul_Knight
21:16:15 [Zakim]
sorry, pauld, I do not recognize a party named '+1.781.883.aabb'
21:16:53 [pauld]
zakim, > /dev/null 2>&1
21:16:53 [Zakim]
I don't understand '> /dev/null 2>&1', pauld
21:17:06 [Zakim]
21:17:23 [yinleng]
zakim, ??P25 is me
21:17:23 [Zakim]
+yinleng; got it
21:18:44 [vikas]
dhull: Describes the bullets in the issues (link posted above)
21:19:05 [bob]
Bullet 2:
21:19:08 [bob]
Section 3.2.1 defines the {anonymous required} WSDL property that
21:19:08 [bob]
reflects the value of the wsaw:Anonymous element. This may have
21:19:08 [bob]
one of the three values "optional", "required" or "prohibited".
21:19:08 [bob]
The name {anonymous required} (unlike wsaw:Anonymous) strongly
21:19:08 [bob]
suggests a boolean, and having "prohibited" as a value for
21:19:09 [bob]
{anonymous required} seems confusing. Either calling it
21:19:11 [bob]
{anonymous} in line with wsa:Anonymous or something like
21:19:13 [vikas]
bob: Could we come up with something specific instead of (a) or (b) Choices
21:19:13 [bob]
{anonymous EPR constraint} might be less potentially confusing.
21:19:42 [Jonathan]
{anonymous addresses}?
21:19:50 [bob]
change recommended in bullet 1 was accepted
21:21:31 [vikas]
bob: Why not use {anonymous addresses} in response to bullet 2
21:22:00 [vikas]
Bullet 3:
21:22:00 [vikas]
The first paragraph of section 4.2.1 refers to the [action]
21:22:01 [vikas]
property of messages and says that if no value is given it reverts
21:22:01 [vikas]
to the SOAPAction if any. This isn't referring to the actual
21:22:01 [vikas]
[action] property of the message in question -- putting something
21:22:01 [vikas]
in a WSDL doesn't automatically cause messages to contain that
21:22:03 [vikas]
property. Instead it's talking about what the endpoint is saying
21:22:05 [vikas]
it will accept and produce for the [action] property.
21:22:06 [bob]
resolution: use {anonymous addresses} as resolution to bullet 2
21:22:07 [vikas]
Unfortunately, I'm not sure how the wording can be improved (but I
21:22:09 [vikas]
would take an action to come up with a better wording if need be)
21:24:41 [bob]
n.b. dhull's email is recorded as lc119
21:26:12 [vikas]
resolution to bullet 3: Drop with no action
21:26:20 [bob]
RESOLUTION: brop bullet 3 with no action
21:27:22 [vikas]
Bullet 4:
21:27:35 [vikas]
resolution: bullet 4 is withdrawn
21:27:55 [vikas]
Bullet 5:
21:27:57 [vikas]
Nit: In section 5, we talk about properties being "mandatory" or
21:27:57 [vikas]
"optional". "Required" might be better than "mandatory", since
21:27:57 [vikas]
things like RFC 2119 use "required"/"optional" and not
21:27:57 [vikas]
"mandatory"/"optional". On the other hand, WSN ended up changing
21:27:57 [vikas]
a few instances of "optional" in the case of "optional elements"
21:27:59 [vikas]
because we didn't think it really matched the RFC 2119 sense. I
21:28:00 [vikas]
believe we settled on "can be omitted". The main issue is whether
21:28:02 [vikas]
we specifically want use RFC 2119 terms here, specifically don't
21:28:04 [vikas]
want to use them, or don't care.
21:28:09 [Zakim]
21:34:45 [vikas]
Resolution to bullet 5: Strike the word "optional" where it appears in Section 5
21:35:12 [Jonathan]
s/word "optional"/words "or optional"/
21:35:26 [vikas]
thanks jonathan
21:35:58 [vikas]
Topic: Next F2F Meeting, IBM hosted at Cambridge, MA
21:36:31 [gpilz]
when again?
21:36:49 [marc]
May 3, 4
21:36:57 [vikas]
When: May 3-4
21:36:57 [anish]
anish has joined #ws-addr
21:37:21 [Zakim]
21:37:48 [anish]
do we need 2 hr weekly calls?
21:38:17 [vikas]
Wrapping up...
21:40:06 [vikas]
AI: For editors to do RFC 2119 of document
21:40:07 [Zakim]
21:40:09 [Zakim]
21:40:10 [Zakim]
21:40:12 [Zakim]
21:40:12 [vikas]
End of Meeting
21:40:13 [Zakim]
21:40:14 [Zakim]
21:40:15 [Zakim]
21:40:16 [Zakim]
21:40:17 [Zakim]
21:40:18 [Zakim]
21:40:20 [Zakim]
21:40:21 [Zakim]
21:40:22 [Zakim]
21:40:24 [Zakim]
21:40:26 [Zakim]
21:40:28 [Zakim]
- +1.781.883.aaaa
21:40:30 [Zakim]
21:40:32 [Zakim]
21:40:33 [bob]
Adjourned at 4:40p
21:40:34 [Zakim]
21:40:38 [gpilz]
gpilz has left #ws-addr
21:40:59 [vikas]
AI: Editor to do RFC 2119 scan of the document
21:41:29 [Bozhong]
Bozhong has left #ws-addr
21:44:06 [bob]
21:44:27 [bob]
rrsagent, make logs public
21:44:39 [bob]
rrsagent, generate minutes
21:44:39 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate bob
21:45:32 [bob]
21:45:46 [bob]
rrsagent, generate minutes
21:45:46 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate bob
21:46:34 [yinleng]
yinleng has joined #ws-addr
21:47:29 [yinleng]
yinleng has left #ws-addr
22:58:26 [Zakim]
22:58:28 [Zakim]
WS_AddrWG()4:00PM has ended
22:58:29 [Zakim]
Attendees were +44.196.286.aaaa, Gilbert_Pilz, David_Illsley, Vikas_Deolaliker, Bob_Freund, TonyR, [IPcaller], Hugo, Mark_Little, Dave_Hull, Prasad_Yendluri, Jonathan_Marsh,
22:58:32 [Zakim]
... Paul_Downey, Katy, Anish, Pete_Wenzel, Tom_Rutt, Marc_Hadley, GlenD, [IBM], Andreas_Bjarlestam, +1.781.883.aabb, yinleng
23:28:51 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ws-addr