IRC log of wai-wcag on 2006-03-16

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:58:01 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:58:01 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/03/16-wai-wcag-irc
19:58:07 [ben]
RRSAgent, make log world
19:58:16 [ben]
zakim, which conference?
19:58:17 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, ben.
19:58:21 [ben]
zakim, list conferences
19:58:21 [Zakim]
I see SVG_WG()2:00PM, XML_QueryWG(ttf)3:00PM, XML_EXI()1:30PM active
19:58:22 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are WAI_WCAG()3:00PM, WAI_UAWG()2:00PM
19:58:25 [ben]
zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
19:58:25 [Zakim]
ok, ben; I see WAI_WCAG()3:00PM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
19:58:26 [bengt]
already done
19:58:44 [ben]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Telecon
19:58:54 [ben]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2006JanMar/0608.html
19:58:59 [ben]
Chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden and John_Slatin
19:59:02 [rellero]
rellero has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:10 [Sorcha]
Sorcha has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:22 [Yvette]
Yvette has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:27 [ben]
agenda+ misc. items from last week
19:59:35 [rellero]
Hi
19:59:36 [ben]
agenda+ Team B Techniques for March 16
19:59:45 [ben]
agenda+ Team A Techniques for March 16
19:59:50 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
19:59:54 [ben]
agenda+ Proposal to Delete or Keep 2.4.1
19:59:57 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:00:03 [ben]
agenda+ Misc. Issues and Proposals for March 16
20:00:04 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:00:10 [ben]
agenda+ Resolution to freeze normative content in for publication
20:00:36 [Zakim]
+??P26
20:00:37 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:00:45 [ben]
zakim, ??P26 is Gregg_and_Ben
20:00:45 [Zakim]
+Gregg_and_Ben; got it
20:00:48 [Zakim]
+Bengt
20:00:56 [LucaMascaro]
LucaMascaro has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:57 [ben]
agenda+ Resolution to freeze normative content in for publication
20:00:58 [Zakim]
+Michael_Cooper
20:01:04 [ben]
agenda+ Timeline, remaining techniques cleanup, request for volunteers to help with editing/proofreading
20:01:29 [rscano]
rscano has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:58 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:02:00 [jslatin]
jslatin has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:04 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.a]
20:02:05 [ben]
zakim, who's on the phone?
20:02:06 [rscano]
no, skype
20:02:06 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Bruce_Bailey, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Gregg_and_Ben, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Bengt, Michael_Cooper, [IPcaller], [IPcaller.a]
20:02:20 [Zakim]
+John_Slatin
20:02:23 [LucaMascaro]
Zakim, [IPcaller.a is LucaMascaro
20:02:23 [Zakim]
+LucaMascaro; got it
20:02:26 [LucaMascaro]
zakim, mute me
20:02:26 [Zakim]
LucaMascaro should now be muted
20:02:38 [bengt]
dialpad has changed so that it reports contact phone number as callid
20:02:40 [Zakim]
+Yvette_Hoitink
20:02:41 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.a]
20:02:45 [Sorcha]
IP caller is Sorcha Moore, Segala
20:02:53 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
20:02:54 [rscano]
zakim, [IPcaller.a is Roberto_Scano
20:02:54 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Scano; got it
20:03:08 [rscano]
zakim, I am Roberto_Scano
20:03:09 [Zakim]
ok, rscano, I now associate you with Roberto_Scano
20:03:16 [rscano]
zakim, mute me
20:03:16 [Zakim]
Roberto_Scano should now be muted
20:03:17 [Yvette]
zakim, who's on the phone?
20:03:17 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Bruce_Bailey, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Gregg_and_Ben, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Bengt, Michael_Cooper, [IPcaller], LucaMascaro (muted), John_Slatin, Yvette_Hoitink,
20:03:21 [Zakim]
... Roberto_Scano (muted), Alex_Li
20:03:27 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
20:03:46 [gregg]
gregg has joined #wai-wcag
20:03:51 [Yvette]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Sorcha_Moore
20:03:51 [Zakim]
+Sorcha_Moore; got it
20:04:10 [Yvette]
zakim, who's on the phone?
20:04:10 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Bruce_Bailey, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Gregg_and_Ben, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Bengt, Michael_Cooper, Sorcha_Moore, LucaMascaro (muted), John_Slatin, Yvette_Hoitink,
20:04:13 [Zakim]
... Roberto_Scano (muted), Alex_Li, Tim_Boland
20:04:15 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:04:17 [rellero]
Zakim, [IPcaller is rellero
20:04:18 [Zakim]
+rellero; got it
20:04:22 [rellero]
zakim, mute me
20:04:22 [Zakim]
rellero should now be muted
20:04:30 [rscano]
:D
20:05:29 [rellero]
no :)
20:05:37 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
20:05:58 [ben]
Regrets: Christophe_Strobbe
20:06:16 [Michael]
scribe: Michael
20:06:30 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
20:06:34 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic
20:07:24 [Zakim]
+??P6
20:07:36 [Michael]
zakim, take up item 1
20:07:36 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "misc. items from last week" taken up [from ben]
20:09:40 [Michael]
resolution: adopt following for real-time event: event occurring at the same time as the viewing that is not completely generated by the content and is not pre-recorded
20:10:39 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
20:11:15 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:11:15 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Bruce_Bailey, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Gregg_and_Ben, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Bengt, Michael_Cooper, Sorcha_Moore, LucaMascaro (muted), John_Slatin, Yvette_Hoitink
20:11:19 [Zakim]
... (muted), Roberto_Scano (muted), Tim_Boland, rellero (muted), Sofia_Celic (muted), ??P6, Alex_Li
20:11:31 [rscano]
zakim, rellero is Roberto_Ellero
20:11:31 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
20:13:23 [Yvette]
zakim, who's on the phone?
20:13:23 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Bruce_Bailey, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Gregg_and_Ben, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Bengt, Michael_Cooper, Sorcha_Moore, LucaMascaro (muted), John_Slatin, Yvette_Hoitink
20:13:27 [Zakim]
... (muted), Roberto_Scano (muted), Tim_Boland, Roberto_Ellero (muted), Sofia_Celic (muted), ??P6, Alex_Li
20:14:27 [Yvette]
zakim, ??p6 is Cynthia_Shelly
20:14:27 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly; got it
20:16:33 [Michael]
resolution: adopt following for "content"
20:16:35 [Michael]
...information to be communicated to the user by means of a user agent
20:16:41 [Michael]
...Note: This includes the code and markup that define the structure, presentation, and interaction, as well as text, images, and sounds that convey information to the end-user.
20:21:21 [Michael]
ack j
20:24:44 [Michael]
resolution: accept following definition of "idiom"
20:24:45 [Michael]
...phrase whose meaning cannot be deduced from the meaning of the individual words and where the specific words cannot be changed without losing the meaning
20:24:47 [Michael]
...plus examples in proposal http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/2006-03-09misc/results#xidiomdef, preface #4 with "The phrase in Dutch..." and quote the phrase
20:27:47 [Michael]
ack j
20:27:48 [Michael]
ack t
20:29:02 [Michael]
resolution: close issue 1763 (Don't exclude downloaded software) with comment "This clause has been removed"
20:29:49 [Michael]
resolution: close Issue 1764 (Advice on how to handle Aggregated Content) with comment "See new language which allows use of original author claim or aggregator claim."
20:30:34 [Michael]
resolution: close Issue 1811 (Baselines may make WCAG useless – and 508 will become the standard) with comment "Baselines are the only way to deal with the “until user agent’ issue that plagues 1.0 and limits its useful life. We could find no other way to address the problem."
20:32:08 [Yvette]
q+
20:32:23 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone
20:32:23 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is on the phone', ben
20:32:29 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:32:29 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Bruce_Bailey, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Gregg_and_Ben, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Bengt, Michael_Cooper, Sorcha_Moore, LucaMascaro (muted), John_Slatin, Yvette_Hoitink,
20:32:33 [Zakim]
... Roberto_Scano (muted), Tim_Boland, Roberto_Ellero (muted), Sofia_Celic (muted), Cynthia_Shelly, Alex_Li
20:32:38 [Michael]
ack y
20:32:42 [gregg]
ack y
20:32:55 [ben]
q+
20:34:06 [Michael]
ack b
20:35:58 [Becky]
Becky has joined #wai-wcag
20:36:05 [Michael]
ack j
20:36:53 [Zakim]
+Becky_Gibson
20:37:30 [Michael]
ack c
20:37:34 [gregg]
ack c
20:39:38 [Michael]
ack a
20:40:44 [gregg]
ack c
20:41:39 [Michael]
ack j
20:43:05 [Michael]
resolution: stick with A, AA, AAA in conformance document: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2006JanMar/att-0497/conformance_with_edits.html
20:43:36 [Michael]
resolution: accept with edits revised conformance draft http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2006JanMar/att-0497/conformance_with_edits.html
20:43:54 [Michael]
...survey http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/2006-03-09conf/results#xdraftnot
20:44:21 [Ryladog]
Ryladog has joined #wai-wcag
20:44:25 [Michael]
resolution: accept revised introduction with edits from survey
20:44:43 [Michael]
zakim, next item
20:44:43 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Team B Techniques for March 16" taken up [from ben]
20:46:00 [Yvette]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20060316TeamB/results
20:46:07 [Michael]
resolution: accept with edits surveyed items that had status of accept or accept with edits for all surveys surveyed this week
20:46:15 [Michael]
...Proposed wording for SC 1.3.2, How to Meet Success Criterion 2.4.3,Grouping links, How to Meet Success Criterion 2.4.7
20:47:11 [Yvette]
zakim, unmute me
20:47:11 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should no longer be muted
20:47:26 [Zakim]
+Kerstin_Goldsmith
20:51:49 [Michael]
ack c
20:55:26 [Michael]
ack j
20:55:29 [Michael]
ack l
20:58:02 [gregg]
ack c
20:58:45 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:58:56 [Michael]
Failure due to complete change of main content through an automatic update that the user cannot disable from within the content, Proposed revisions to How to Meet Success Criterion 1.1.1, Providing short text alternatives for non-text content that serve the same purpose and present the same information, Using null alt text and no title attribute on img elements for images that AT should...
20:58:58 [Michael]
alt="image") for Images that should be ignored by AT, 1416, 1671, 1672, 1673, 1674, 1678, 1775, 1807,Using THE ACCESSIBILTY API FEATURES OF A TECHNOLOGY to expose the names and roles, allow user-settable properties to be directly set, and provide notification of changes,Creating components using a technology that supports the accessibility API features of the platforms on which the user...
20:58:59 [Michael]
resolution: consent decree from Team A survey
20:59:01 [Michael]
...ignore, Failure due to providing a text alternative that is not null. (e.g.. alt="spacer" or
20:59:02 [Michael]
...agents will be run to expose the names and roles, allow user-settable properties to be directly set, and provide notification of changes
20:59:17 [Michael]
resolution: consent decree from Misc. items survey:
20:59:19 [Michael]
1808, 1820, 1834, 486, 1894
20:59:47 [ben]
zakim, [IP is David_MacDonald]
20:59:47 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald]; got it
21:00:07 [Zakim]
+??P9
21:00:13 [Michael]
zakim, David_MacDonald] is David_MacDonald
21:00:13 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald; got it
21:00:20 [Zakim]
-Kerstin_Goldsmith
21:01:05 [Yvette]
zakim, unmute me
21:01:05 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink was not muted, Yvette
21:01:42 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
21:02:13 [Michael]
q+ to ask who is last person to join
21:03:02 [Yvette]
q+
21:04:35 [David_MacDonald]
q+
21:04:52 [Michael]
ack j
21:04:57 [gregg]
ack m
21:04:58 [Zakim]
Michael_Cooper, you wanted to ask who is last person to join
21:05:25 [Kesh]
Kesh has joined #wai-wcag
21:06:29 [gregg]
ack y
21:06:39 [Michael]
zakim, ??P9 is Kerstin_Goldsmith
21:06:39 [Zakim]
+Kerstin_Goldsmith; got it
21:07:15 [gregg]
ack d
21:07:35 [gregg]
Q+
21:07:39 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, umute me
21:07:39 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'umute me', David_MacDonald
21:08:03 [David_MacDonald]
i'm ok here
21:08:06 [David_MacDonald]
ok
21:08:06 [Michael]
zakim, who is muted?
21:08:06 [Zakim]
I see LucaMascaro, Yvette_Hoitink, Roberto_Scano, Roberto_Ellero, Sofia_Celic muted
21:08:16 [gregg]
ACK D
21:08:22 [David_MacDonald]
i'm write it
21:08:39 [David_MacDonald]
description....isn't more a description
21:09:13 [David_MacDonald]
perhaps we can says "description"
21:09:15 [David_MacDonald]
no
21:09:46 [Ryladog]
:-)
21:12:14 [Michael]
ack j
21:13:51 [Michael]
ack a
21:14:41 [Michael]
ack g
21:15:12 [Yvette]
q+
21:16:46 [Yvette]
zakim, unmute me
21:16:46 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should no longer be muted
21:17:12 [Michael]
ack y
21:21:00 [Michael]
ack l
21:22:46 [ben]
q+ to propose, "
21:22:46 [ben]
2.4.5 Each link is associated with text describing the purpose of the link. and 2.4.9 The purpose of each link can be programmatically determined from the link without changing the focus."
21:24:15 [gregg]
ACK J
21:24:25 [gregg]
ACK B
21:24:25 [Zakim]
ben, you wanted to propose, "
21:24:51 [Yvette]
zakim, unmute me
21:24:51 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink was not muted, Yvette
21:25:41 [David_MacDonald]
2.4.5 Each link is associated with text describing the destination of the link
21:25:48 [gregg]
each link is associated with text from which the purpose can be inferred
21:26:14 [gregg]
ack j
21:27:34 [gregg]
ack a
21:30:00 [Becky]
q+
21:30:12 [gregg]
ack b
21:30:24 [David_MacDonald]
q+
21:31:10 [gregg]
ack d
21:31:25 [David_MacDonald]
q+
21:31:25 [Becky]
resolution: revise SC 2.4.5 to read, "The unique function of each link can be determined. "
21:31:25 [Becky]
... add 2.4.9 to read, "The unique function of each link can be programmatically determined from the link."
21:31:50 [Becky]
previous post for INFORMATION ONLY (becky is not the scribe)
21:33:01 [Michael]
q+ Bruce
21:33:05 [ben]
q+ Bruce
21:33:14 [gregg]
ack d
21:35:01 [David_MacDonald]
ack d
21:35:06 [Michael]
ack l
21:37:07 [Michael]
ack c
21:37:09 [Michael]
ack b
21:42:00 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:43:15 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:43:48 [Yvette]
q+ to say "delete 2.4.9"
21:44:56 [David_MacDonald]
q+
21:45:09 [Zakim]
-Sorcha_Moore
21:45:29 [Yvette]
ack y
21:45:29 [Zakim]
Yvette, you wanted to say "delete 2.4.9"
21:46:07 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:46:14 [Sorcha]
ip caller is Sorcha Moore
21:46:21 [Yvette]
zakim, [IP is Sorcha_Moore
21:46:21 [Zakim]
+Sorcha_Moore; got it
21:46:29 [Sorcha]
thanks!
21:47:10 [Zakim]
+Judy
21:47:27 [gregg]
ack d
21:47:35 [gregg]
ack j
21:47:36 [gregg]
ack l
21:47:44 [Michael]
resolution: accept following wording for SC 2.4.9
21:48:04 [Michael]
..."The purpose of each link can be programmatically determined from the link"
21:48:16 [judy]
judy has joined #wai-wcag
21:48:23 [Michael]
resolution: accept following wording for SC 2.4.5
21:48:28 [Michael]
..."Each link is programmatically associated with text from which its purpose can be determined"
21:48:35 [Michael]
...if sufficient techniques are: 1) link text, 2) link text plus different types of conditional content (aka "title") (with UA support note), 3) link text plus hidden link text, 4) Link text plus text of parent (with UA support note)
21:48:51 [bengt]
ben tell john he lost connection to irc
21:49:26 [Michael]
zakim, next item
21:49:26 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Team A Techniques for March 16" taken up [from ben]
21:54:14 [Becky]
scribe: Becky
21:55:26 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:56:18 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:56:37 [Tim]
Tim has joined #wai-wcag
21:58:19 [Zakim]
+ +1.703.674.aaaa
21:58:20 [Becky]
Topic: level of captioning for live multimedia
22:02:23 [Ryladog]
+k
22:02:36 [Ryladog]
+katie
22:02:43 [Ryladog]
+q
22:03:00 [Ryladog]
q+
22:03:01 [Yvette]
q+ katie
22:03:07 [Yvette]
ack katie
22:06:49 [gregg]
ack a
22:06:52 [gregg]
ack r
22:08:41 [Yvette]
zakim, who's muted?
22:08:41 [Zakim]
I see Michael_Cooper, LucaMascaro, Yvette_Hoitink, Roberto_Scano, Roberto_Ellero, Sofia_Celic muted
22:09:04 [Yvette]
zakim, who's making noise?
22:09:19 [Zakim]
Yvette, listening for 12 seconds I heard sound from the following: Bruce_Bailey (3%), Tim_Boland (4%)
22:11:23 [Michael]
zakim, unmute me
22:11:23 [Zakim]
Michael_Cooper should no longer be muted
22:11:54 [Yvette]
q+
22:13:06 [Yvette]
acl y
22:13:08 [Yvette]
acak y
22:13:09 [Michael]
zakim, mute me
22:13:09 [Zakim]
Michael_Cooper should now be muted
22:13:11 [Yvette]
ack y
22:16:26 [Zakim]
- +1.703.674.aaaa
22:18:18 [Becky]
Resolution: close issue 1850 group discussed moving this to level 1 and felt that it should not be moved to level 1.
22:23:21 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
22:25:14 [Ryladog]
q+
22:25:55 [Becky]
Topic: change to SC 1.1.1
22:25:57 [Becky]
Resolution: Accept proposed revision to 1.1.1 with John's edit
22:26:31 [Becky]
Topic: Providing long descriptions for non-text content that serves the same purpose and presents the same information
22:26:59 [Becky]
Resolution: Accept above technique with John's edits.
22:31:20 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
22:31:55 [ben]
zakim, who's making noise?
22:32:01 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
22:32:04 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
22:32:08 [Zakim]
ben, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Becky_Gibson (47%), Loretta_Guarino_Reid (25%), Gregg_and_Ben (39%), Tim_Boland (25%)
22:32:11 [Becky]
Revised Resolution: Accept above technique with edits.
22:32:24 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
22:32:41 [Becky]
Topic: Proposed revisions to SC 4.1.2 and related definitions (was 4.1.2, 4.1.3, 4.1.4, 4.1.5)
22:33:58 [Zakim]
-LucaMascaro
22:34:09 [Ryladog]
q+
22:36:38 [ossetsol]
ossetsol has joined #wai-wcag
22:36:50 [ossetsol]
ossetsol has left #wai-wcag
22:37:45 [ossetsol]
ossetsol has joined #wai-wcag
22:37:53 [ossetsol]
ossetsol has left #wai-wcag
22:38:48 [marco]
marco has joined #wai-wcag
22:39:30 [Yvette]
zakim, unmute me
22:39:30 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink was not muted, Yvette
22:42:14 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
22:44:06 [Becky]
ack cyn
22:48:26 [jslatin]
jslatin has joined #wai-wcag
22:48:30 [Zakim]
-Yvette_Hoitink
22:49:38 [jslatin]
notification of changes to these items is available to user agents, including assistive technology
22:54:38 [gregg]
ack j
22:54:53 [gregg]
ack r
22:54:55 [gregg]
ack k
22:55:05 [Ryladog]
katie
22:55:11 [Ryladog]
i want to talk
22:55:17 [Ryladog]
q+
22:55:55 [ben]
ack Ryladog
22:55:59 [ben]
ack alex
22:56:06 [gregg]
ack j
22:57:31 [Becky]
Resolution accept changes to 4.1.2 with edits and new SC text: For all user interface components, the name and role can be programmatically determined, values that can be set by the user can be set programmatically, and notification of changes to these items is available to user agents, including assistive technology
22:58:38 [David_MacDonald]
scribe: David
22:58:44 [ben]
scribe: David_MacDonald
23:00:56 [ben]
Topic: Definition of Programmatically Determined
23:05:01 [gregg]
ack c
23:05:03 [gregg]
ack a
23:05:19 [Zakim]
-Becky_Gibson
23:09:10 [ben]
zakim, who's on the phone?
23:09:10 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Gregg_and_Ben, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Bengt, John_Slatin, Roberto_Scano (muted), Roberto_Ellero (muted), Sofia_Celic (muted), Cynthia_Shelly,
23:09:13 [Zakim]
... David_MacDonald, Kerstin_Goldsmith, Sorcha_Moore, Judy, Bruce_Bailey, Alex_Li
23:10:31 [gregg]
ack j
23:10:40 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Scano
23:10:43 [rscano]
'night
23:11:38 [rscano]
rscano has left #wai-wcag
23:15:18 [David_MacDonald]
resolution:Definition of programmatically determined Note: Publicly documented here means that documents are available in a free and accessible manner to all users, including availability on the Web.
23:16:57 [David_MacDonald]
resolution: accept the definition as proposed: with chage to note as above:
23:17:05 [ben]
Topic: Definition of "label"
23:19:11 [David_MacDonald]
Resolution: accept the definition of label as proposed
23:19:24 [ben]
Topic: Proposed revisions to How to Meet Success Criterion 4.1.2
23:20:41 [David_MacDonald]
Resolution: accept the definition of label as proposed, "text, image or sound that is presented to a user to identify a component within Web content "
23:22:48 [Zakim]
-Kerstin_Goldsmith
23:23:11 [Kesh]
Kesh has left #wai-wcag
23:23:17 [David_MacDonald]
resolution: how to meet 4.1.2 with edits
23:23:38 [David_MacDonald]
resolution: unanimously accet how to meet 4.1.2 with edits
23:24:02 [David_MacDonald]
s/accet/accept
23:24:09 [ben]
Topic: Issue 1893: concerns that 4.1.2 prohibits HTML components
23:24:21 [David_MacDonald]
s/chage/change
23:33:38 [David_MacDonald]
action: Cynthia write a technique or example that describes how to write an accessible tree
23:34:14 [David_MacDonald]
resolution: close 1893 with " there are ways to make trees accessible"
23:34:52 [David_MacDonald]
resolution: "Addressed by edits to 4.1.2. Revised proposal for 4.1.2. It is possible to make trees accessible."
23:36:48 [David_MacDonald]
test
23:37:40 [David_MacDonald]
test
23:38:00 [ben]
scribe: ben
23:38:14 [ben]
resolution: accept 06Using MARKUP FEATURES to expose the name and role, allow user-settable properties to be directly set, and provide notification of changes01 with edits
23:38:57 [ben]
Topic: Proposed revisions for SC 1.3.1
23:39:31 [ben]
1.3.1 Information and relationships conveyed through presentation can be programmatically determined and notification of changes to these items is available to user agents, including assistive technology.
23:40:19 [ben]
resolution: revise 1.3.1 to read, 1.3.1 Information and relationships conveyed through presentation can be programmatically determined and notification of changes to these is available to user agents, including assistive technology.
23:41:31 [ben]
Topic: SC 2.4.1
23:41:45 [gregg]
ack c
23:41:49 [gregg]
ack j
23:42:39 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
23:42:46 [ben]
resolution: delete SC 2.4.1
23:42:58 [Zakim]
-Sorcha_Moore
23:43:02 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
23:43:09 [Sorcha]
sorcha moore
23:43:16 [Sorcha]
apologies - skype problems
23:43:21 [ben]
zakim, [IP is Sorcha_Moore
23:43:21 [Zakim]
+Sorcha_Moore; got it
23:43:44 [ben]
zakim close this item
23:43:48 [ben]
zakim, close this item
23:43:48 [Zakim]
agendum 3 closed
23:43:49 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
23:43:50 [Zakim]
4. Proposal to Delete or Keep 2.4.1 [from ben]
23:43:51 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
23:43:57 [ben]
zakim, close agendum 4
23:43:57 [Zakim]
agendum 4, Proposal to Delete or Keep 2.4.1, closed
23:43:58 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
23:43:59 [Zakim]
5. Misc. Issues and Proposals for March 16 [from ben]
23:44:02 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 5
23:44:02 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Misc. Issues and Proposals for March 16" taken up [from ben]
23:45:17 [ben]
Topic: Issue 1630
23:46:31 [ben]
resolution: close issue 1630 with John's proposal
23:46:41 [taki]
taki has joined #wai-wcag
23:46:45 [ben]
Topic: Issue 1833: SC 4.2.1 - use relative priority for conformance
23:46:52 [taki]
taki has left #wai-wcag
23:50:46 [ben]
resolution: add a new level 2 SC for 4.2 that reads, "If content does not meet all Level 2 success criteria, then an alternate version is available from the same URI that does meet all Level 2 success criteria."
23:51:37 [ben]
resolution: close 1833 with we have created a new level 2 SC that reads as follows: "If content does not meet all Level 2 success criteria, then an alternate version is available from the same URI that does meet all Level 2 success criteria."
23:52:06 [ben]
Topic: Issue 1876: Reword 4.2.1 to emphasize accessible version
23:54:35 [ben]
resolution: revise 4.2.1 to read, "At least one version of the content meets all level 1 success criteria, but alternate version(s) that do not meet all level 1 success criteria may be available from the same URI." and close 1876 as proposed.
23:54:54 [ben]
Topic: Issue 1786: Suggest using EARL for conformance claims