IRC log of wai-wcag on 2006-03-02

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:55:39 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:55:39 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/03/02-wai-wcag-irc
19:55:56 [ben]
zakim, list conferences
19:55:56 [Zakim]
I see no active conferences
19:55:57 [Zakim]
scheduled at this time are SVG_WG()2:00PM, XML_QueryWG(ttf)3:00PM, WAI_WCAG()3:00PM
19:56:05 [ben]
zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
19:56:05 [Zakim]
ok, ben; I see WAI_WCAG()3:00PM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
19:56:18 [ben]
RRSAgent, make log world
19:56:21 [rellero]
rellero has joined #wai-wcag
19:56:49 [ben]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Telecon
19:57:46 [Makoto]
Makoto has joined #wai-wcag
19:58:33 [ben]
Chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden and John_Slatin
19:58:48 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
19:58:55 [Zakim]
+??P0
19:59:40 [Zakim]
+??P1
19:59:44 [Zakim]
-??P0
19:59:45 [Zakim]
+??P0
19:59:46 [Zakim]
+Michael_Cooper
19:59:49 [judy]
judy has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:31 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:00:48 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:00:50 [Makoto]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Makoto_Ueki
20:00:50 [Zakim]
+Makoto_Ueki; got it
20:01:12 [Makoto]
zakim, mute me
20:01:12 [Zakim]
Makoto_Ueki should now be muted
20:01:20 [Zakim]
-??P1
20:01:21 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:01:27 [Zakim]
+??P5
20:01:30 [rscano]
zakim, [IPCaller] is Roberto_Scano
20:01:30 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Scano; got it
20:01:35 [ben]
zakim, ??P5 is Gregg_and_Ben
20:01:35 [Zakim]
+Gregg_and_Ben; got it
20:01:40 [rscano]
zakim, I am Roberto_Scano
20:01:40 [Zakim]
ok, rscano, I now associate you with Roberto_Scano
20:01:42 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow_Weaver
20:01:44 [rscano]
zakim, mute me
20:01:44 [Zakim]
Roberto_Scano should now be muted
20:01:46 [Zakim]
+Yvette_Hoitink
20:01:50 [ben]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2006JanMar/0445.html
20:02:00 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:02:00 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P0, Michael_Cooper, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Makoto_Ueki (muted), Roberto_Scano (muted), Gregg_and_Ben, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Yvette_Hoitink
20:02:05 [Yvette]
zakim, who's making noise?
20:02:18 [Zakim]
Yvette, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: ??P0 (42%), Gregg_and_Ben (4%)
20:02:21 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
20:02:42 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:02:44 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:02:46 [rellero]
zakim, [IPcaller] is rellero
20:02:46 [Zakim]
+rellero; got it
20:02:52 [rellero]
zakim, mute me
20:02:52 [Zakim]
rellero should now be muted
20:02:54 [Becky]
Becky has joined #wai-wcag
20:03:13 [ben]
zakim, ??P0 is Cynthia_Shelly
20:03:13 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly; got it
20:03:40 [Zakim]
+Becky_Gibson
20:03:44 [gregg]
zakim, who's here
20:03:44 [Zakim]
gregg, you need to end that query with '?'
20:03:58 [gregg]
zakim, who's here?
20:03:58 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Cynthia_Shelly, Michael_Cooper, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Makoto_Ueki (muted), Roberto_Scano (muted), Gregg_and_Ben, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Yvette_Hoitink,
20:04:01 [Yvette]
zakim, if you already know it needs a ? why don't you put it there?
20:04:01 [Zakim]
... Christophe_Strobbe, rellero (muted), Katie_Haritos-Shea (muted), Becky_Gibson
20:04:02 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Becky, judy, Makoto, rellero, RRSAgent, Zakim, ben, Christophe, rscano, Yvette, gregg, Michael
20:04:05 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, Yvette.
20:04:12 [Zakim]
+??P12
20:04:38 [RylaDog]
RylaDog has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:49 [Becky]
zakim, I am Becky_Gibson
20:04:49 [Zakim]
ok, Becky, I now associate you with Becky_Gibson
20:04:50 [Zakim]
+John_Slatin
20:04:56 [jslatin]
jslatin has joined #wai-wcag
20:05:00 [ben]
RRSAgent, pointer?
20:05:00 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2006/03/02-wai-wcag-irc#T20-05-00
20:05:06 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
20:05:50 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic
20:06:37 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
20:06:42 [Becky]
scribe: Becky
20:07:22 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
20:08:57 [Becky]
Topic: Failure due to using the onblur event to change the context
20:11:31 [Michael]
q+ to say I'm a little lost now? my comments were different
20:11:54 [bengt]
bengt has joined #wai-wcag
20:12:08 [Becky]
ack john
20:12:57 [Zakim]
+??P16
20:13:03 [bengt]
zakim, ??P16 is Bengt_Farre
20:13:03 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
20:14:02 [Becky]
Resolution: Accept Failure due to using the onblur event to change the context as ammended
20:14:21 [Becky]
Topic: Failure due to opening pop-up windows that are not requested by the user
20:18:11 [Becky]
Action: Cynthia to explore techs and examples of occluding overlays. Due March 30, 2006
20:18:34 [Becky]
Resolution: Accept Failure due to opening new windows that are not requested by the user, Note the name change.
20:19:08 [Yvette]
q+
20:19:39 [Becky]
Topic: Validating delivery units
20:19:59 [Zakim]
-Becky_Gibson
20:20:31 [Zakim]
+Becky_Gibson
20:20:33 [Zakim]
-Becky_Gibson
20:20:39 [RylaDog]
spec
20:20:52 [RylaDog]
matches spec
20:21:31 [Zakim]
+Becky_Gibson
20:22:25 [Michael]
ack m
20:22:25 [Zakim]
Michael_Cooper, you wanted to say I'm a little lost now? my comments were different
20:22:27 [Yvette]
ack y
20:22:40 [Becky]
Resolution: Accept Validating Delivery Units as ammended
20:23:18 [Becky]
Agenda item 2:
20:23:23 [Becky]
Topic: Creating elements when creating new content.
20:24:03 [Becky]
This topic has been resurveyed - will be discussed later in call
20:24:29 [Becky]
Topic: Using semantic elements to mark up structure.
20:26:31 [Becky]
Resolution: Accept Using semantic elements to mark up structure.
20:26:43 [Becky]
Agenda item 3: GL 2.4 Techniques and Issues (Feb 23)
20:27:42 [RylaDog]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/gl24feb23/results
20:27:51 [Becky]
Topic: Providing link text that describes the destination of a link
20:29:54 [ben]
ack John
20:29:56 [ben]
ack Lor
20:30:08 [Becky]
zakim, unmute me
20:30:08 [Zakim]
Becky_Gibson was not muted, Becky
20:31:24 [Becky]
ack Cyn
20:31:53 [Becky]
Resolution: Accept Providing link text that describes the destination of a link as ammended.
20:32:22 [Becky]
Topic: Using the title attribute of the frame element
20:33:30 [Becky]
Resolution: Accept Using the title attribute of the frame element
20:34:41 [Becky]
Topic: Failure due to providing adjacent image and text links that point to the same resource
20:35:07 [Becky]
This has been removed as a failure and an new advisory technique, Failure due to providing adjacent image and text links that point to the same resource, has been created.
20:36:06 [Becky]
s/Combining adjacent image and text links for the same resource./Failure due to providing adjacent image and text links that point to the same resource
20:36:41 [Becky]
Resolution: Remove the failure and Accept new optional technique, Combining adjacent image and text links for the same resource.
20:39:07 [Becky]
Topic: Placing the interactive elements in an order that follows sequences and relationships within the content
20:39:41 [Becky]
not needed - accepted last week.
20:39:49 [Becky]
Agenda item 4: GL 3.1 Techniques and Issues (Feb 23)
20:39:49 [Becky]
20:42:58 [Becky]
Topic: Using a Unicode right-to-left mark (RLM) or left-to-right mark (LRM) to mix text direction inline
20:43:28 [Becky]
ack Lor
20:48:01 [Christophe]
q+
20:50:52 [Christophe]
q-
20:54:15 [judy]
judy has joined #wai-wcag
20:55:12 [Becky]
Resolution: Accept Using a Unicode right-to-left mark (RLM) or left-to-right mark (LRM) to mix text direction inline. Team B will added the discussed tests.
20:55:22 [Zakim]
-Yvette_Hoitink
20:55:57 [Zakim]
+Yvette_Hoitink
20:56:01 [Becky]
Topic: Using the dir attribute on an inline element to resolve problems with nested directional runs
20:56:29 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
20:58:02 [ben]
ack John
20:59:07 [ben]
ack Katie
21:00:26 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
21:00:44 [Becky]
Action: Team B to define "nested directional run" And to run these directional related techniques by the I18N Working group. Due March 6, 2006.
21:01:15 [Becky]
Resolution: Accept Using the dir attribute on an inline element to resolve problems with nested directional units.
21:02:54 [RylaDog]
thanx andi
21:04:10 [Becky]
Topic: s the structure and content of How to Meet Success Criterion 3.1.3 approved?
21:04:18 [Becky]
s/Is/s
21:04:41 [Michael]
q+ to say second part of my comment was relevant
21:04:47 [Becky]
ack John
21:06:59 [ben]
q+
21:08:47 [Christophe]
q+ to say: "title on span for definitions can be added in later version of tech docs, when AT starts supporting it - techs are not in Rec track to allow this kind of evolution'
21:09:42 [ben]
ack ben
21:09:42 [Becky]
ack Be
21:09:46 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:09:50 [ben]
ack Cyn
21:10:41 [RylaDog]
yes
21:10:46 [RylaDog]
def tag
21:11:33 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
21:11:53 [RylaDog]
dfn yes
21:11:57 [Yvette]
zakim, [IP is David_MacDonald
21:11:57 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald; got it
21:11:58 [Michael]
zakim, [IP is David_MacDonald
21:11:59 [Zakim]
sorry, Michael, I do not recognize a party named '[IP'
21:12:04 [Yvette]
zakim, mute dav
21:12:04 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should now be muted
21:12:15 [Becky]
ack Chris
21:12:15 [Zakim]
Christophe, you wanted to say: "title on span for definitions can be added in later version of tech docs, when AT starts supporting it - techs are not in Rec track to allow this
21:12:19 [Zakim]
... kind of evolution'
21:12:20 [gregg]
ack c
21:13:50 [Becky]
Related to this tech. Group is discussing whether or not a title on a span is a sufficient technique for 3.1.3.
21:15:23 [Becky]
ack John
21:15:36 [Becky]
ack Cyn
21:15:59 [Becky]
q+ to say HPR already supports this
21:16:32 [gregg]
Q+
21:16:37 [gregg]
ack b
21:16:37 [Zakim]
Becky, you wanted to say HPR already supports this
21:16:53 [gregg]
ack g
21:18:03 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, unmute me
21:18:03 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should no longer be muted
21:21:21 [ben]
zakim, who's on the phone?
21:21:21 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Cynthia_Shelly, Michael_Cooper, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Makoto_Ueki (muted), Roberto_Scano (muted), Gregg_and_Ben, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Christophe_Strobbe, rellero
21:21:24 [Zakim]
... (muted), Katie_Haritos-Shea (muted), ??P12, John_Slatin, Sofia_Celic (muted), Bengt_Farre, Becky_Gibson, Yvette_Hoitink, David_MacDonald
21:22:21 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
21:22:28 [jslatin]
Be Right Back
21:23:19 [Michael]
q?
21:25:02 [Christophe]
zakim, mute me
21:25:02 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should now be muted
21:29:32 [Becky]
Resolution: Title on span is an advisory technique for 3.1.3 but will not publish the tech. in the next draft - it will remain as "title only". Will rediscuss after last call.
21:30:11 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
21:30:13 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Scano
21:30:46 [Zakim]
+??P0
21:32:17 [Michael]
ack m
21:32:17 [Zakim]
Michael_Cooper, you wanted to say second part of my comment was relevant
21:32:40 [Sofia]
zakim, ??P0 is Sofia_Celic
21:32:40 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic; got it
21:34:50 [ben]
Regrets: Sorcha_Moore, Tim_Boland, Roberto_Castaldo
21:37:37 [judy]
judy has joined #wai-wcag
21:38:41 [Becky]
Resolution: Accept the structure and content of How to Meet Success Criterion 3.1.3 given the previous resolution about title on span.
21:39:01 [Becky]
Resolution: Add "or phrases" after words in 3.1.1. It now becomes, A mechanism is available for identifying specific definitions of words or phrases used in an unusual or restricted way, including idioms and jargon.
21:39:20 [Becky]
s/3.1.3/3.1.1
21:39:35 [ben]
From 2.2 Surveys (both 23 Feb. and 02 Mar.)
21:39:35 [ben]
21:39:35 [ben]
Approved to publish with edits
21:39:35 [ben]
21:39:35 [ben]
* Failure caused by defaulting to non-conforming version as a result of content negotiation (4.2.1)
21:39:37 [ben]
* Failure due to a script that causes a blink effect without a mechanism to stop the blinking at 3 seconds or less (2.2.2)
21:39:39 [ben]
* Failure due to an object, such as Java or Flash, that has blinking content without a mechanism to pause the content that blinks for more than three seconds (2.2.2)
21:39:43 [ben]
* Failure due to using server-side techniques to automatically redirect pages after a timeout (2.2.1)
21:39:44 [ben]
* If users submit data when the user is no longer authenticated, the data is saved and the data is reused after the user re-authenticates (2.2.6)
21:39:47 [ben]
* Making non-essential alerts optional (2.2.5)
21:39:49 [ben]
* Providing a help link on every delivery unit (2.5.4)
21:39:51 [ben]
* Providing client-side validation and alert (2.5.1, 2.5.2)
21:39:53 [ben]
* Providing expected data format and example (2.5.4)
21:39:55 [ben]
* Providing the ability for the user to review and correct answers before submitting (2.5.3)
21:39:57 [ben]
* Providing the ability to recover the deleted information (2.5.3)
21:39:59 [ben]
* Satisfying all WCAG success criteria at levels 1 and 2 that the technology outside the baseline can support (4.2.3)
21:40:02 [ben]
* Using scripts to control blinking and stop it in three seconds or less (2.2.2)
21:40:04 [ben]
21:40:07 [ben]
Approved, no edits required
21:40:08 [ben]
21:40:10 [ben]
* Providing keyboard-controllable event handlers (2.1.1)
21:40:12 [ben]
21:40:14 [ben]
From 2.4 Survey (Feb 23)
21:40:17 [ben]
21:40:18 [ben]
Creating elements when creating new content, Failure due to the title of a delivery unit being the filename of the delivery unit or some other text that is not a title
21:40:21 [ben]
21:40:22 [Zakim]
-??P12
21:40:23 [ben]
unanimous items from 02 March glossary survey:
21:40:25 [ben]
21:40:27 [ben]
delete definition of "link", definition of programmatic reference, definition of structure, Editorial and formatting revisions to glossary
21:41:00 [Becky]
Resolution: Accept all items previous listed by Ben. These are items which are accepted via the surveys with only editoral comments.
21:41:27 [Becky]
Agenda item 5: Techniques for Guideline 2.2
21:41:55 [rscano]
bye. good work!
21:41:57 [rscano]
rscano has left #wai-wcag
21:42:26 [Becky]
Topic: Allowing the content to be paused and restarted from where it was stopped.
21:43:01 [Yvette]
q+
21:43:15 [Becky]
ack lor
21:43:20 [gregg]
ack y
21:45:07 [Yvette]
q+
21:45:35 [gregg]
ack y
21:46:51 [Yvette]
q+
21:49:03 [gregg]
ack y
21:49:08 [gregg]
ack jo
21:49:58 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, mute me
21:49:58 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should now be muted
21:50:47 [Becky]
Action: Gregg, Yvette, and Andi to explore the issue of on-the-fly user agents and responsibility of authors. Due March 13, 2006.
21:52:07 [Becky]
Accept Allowing the content to be paused and restarted from where it was stopped.
21:52:27 [Becky]
Topic: : Allowing users to complete an activity without any time limit.
21:56:02 [Yvette]
zakim, unmute me
21:56:02 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should no longer be muted
21:57:31 [Becky]
Resolution: Accept Allowing users to complete an activity without any time limit as ammended.
21:57:49 [Becky]
Agenda Item 6: Techniques from Team C for 02 March 2006
21:58:03 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, unmute me
21:58:03 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should no longer be muted
21:58:06 [ben]
scribe: ben
21:58:52 [ben]
Topic: Failure due to having a session timeout without a mechanism for saving user's input and re-establishing it upon re-authentication
22:00:09 [Yvette]
q+ to say "failure due to having a session time-out that causes loss of user data"
22:01:28 [Yvette]
zakim, unmute me
22:01:28 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should no longer be muted
22:01:52 [Yvette]
q?
22:01:59 [gregg]
ack y
22:01:59 [Zakim]
Yvette, you wanted to say "failure due to having a session time-out that causes loss of user data"
22:02:00 [Christophe]
Christophe has left #wai-wcag
22:02:02 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
22:05:50 [RylaDog]
can you hrae me
22:07:39 [ben]
resolution: Accept this technique with edits
22:07:56 [ben]
Topic: Failure due to including blinking content that can't be turned off
22:10:28 [Zakim]
-rellero
22:12:57 [ben]
resolution: replace this failure with two tech-specific examples (<blink> element and CSS text-decoration: blink)
22:13:56 [ben]
Topic: Providing a link at the top of the non-conformant content that points to an alternate version that does meet WCAG 2.0 Level 1 success criteria
22:15:33 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, mute me
22:15:33 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should now be muted
22:21:18 [Yvette]
q+
22:21:20 [Yvette]
ack j
22:21:58 [Yvette]
q-
22:28:09 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
22:28:10 [gregg]
ack jo
22:28:14 [gregg]
ack katie
22:29:31 [Michael]
http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Meet_Success_Criterion_4.2.1
22:31:07 [ben]
resolution: accept this technique with comments
22:31:12 [ben]
resolution: Split how to meet for this into two situations. (one for using a technology where a link to alternatives is accessible, another for using a technology where it is not possible to create an accessible link)
22:31:26 [ben]
action: team c to clean up situations described above
22:31:37 [ben]
Topic: Failure to provide a method for the user to find the alternative
22:31:38 [ben]
conforming version of a non-conforming page (4.2.1)
22:32:58 [Zakim]
+Kerstin_Goldsmith
22:35:49 [ben]
action: John and Michael to work on cleaning up concerns with, "Failure to provide a method for the user to find the alternative conforming version of a non-conforming page"
22:36:05 [ben]
resolution: accept this failure with edits, "Failure to provide a method for the user to find the alternative conforming version of a non-conforming page"
22:36:26 [Zakim]
-Yvette_Hoitink
22:36:36 [ben]
Topic: Failure due to using a non-text mark alone in order to convey information
22:37:17 [Makoto]
zakim, unmute me
22:37:17 [Zakim]
Makoto_Ueki should no longer be muted
22:37:54 [Zakim]
+??P6
22:38:30 [judy]
zakim, ??P6 is Judy
22:38:30 [Zakim]
+Judy; got it
22:40:04 [ben]
resolution: accept with edits
22:40:59 [ben]
action: Makoto and John to discuss comments regarding color
22:41:12 [ben]
Topic: Supplementing link text with hidden text
22:42:05 [Zakim]
+Yvette_Hoitink
22:47:26 [ben]
no resolution - need to discuss a proposal to remove this given concerns regarding search engine optimization
22:49:03 [ben]
Topic: Glossary Issues for 02 March
22:50:04 [ben]
EO is working on proposals related to glossary proposals (to be sumbitted next week)
22:51:10 [ben]
Topic: analog, time-dependent input
22:51:17 [Zakim]
-Yvette_Hoitink
22:54:16 [ben]
resolution: accept revisions to analog, time-dependent input as proposed by EO (Gregg's comments) with John's edits ("input whose result...")
22:54:25 [ben]
Topic: authored unit
22:57:51 [bengt]
closest word to entity is thing
23:00:35 [ben]
resolution: accept proposed revisions to "authored unit," as "set of material created as a single body by an author"
23:01:00 [ben]
Topic: definition of "baseline"
23:03:09 [ben]
resolution: accept proposed definition of "baseline" without notes other than, "NOTE: For more information on Baselines and their use see http://www.w3.org/place-where-we-put-baseline-discussion-doc."
23:03:24 [ben]
Topic: definition of "captions"
23:04:13 [judy]
judy has joined #wai-wcag
23:06:38 [gregg]
ackkat
23:06:41 [gregg]
ack kat
23:06:51 [gregg]
ack ker
23:07:53 [Zakim]
-Kerstin_Goldsmith
23:08:42 [ben]
resolution: accept proposed definition of "caption" with editorial revisions from John and change "dialog" to "speech" -- "text presented and synchronized with multimedia to provide not only the speech, but also sound effects and sometimes speaker identification"
23:08:58 [ben]
Topic: definition of "content"
23:10:49 [Michael]
I have to go catch that last bus. Although I was a lone "other" I thought my issues with the flash/luminosity ones were very important, so I hope they get enough discussion...
23:10:56 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
23:11:24 [Zakim]
+Kerstin_Goldsmith
23:11:47 [judy]
q+
23:14:07 [ben]
ack Judy
23:14:35 [ben]
EO had questions about what would be excluded by proposed definition
23:14:51 [Zakim]
-Becky_Gibson
23:15:44 [judy]
"everything that the user agent uses to render presentation units"
23:17:17 [ben]
action: Judy to take the above definition to EO for additional feedback
23:17:50 [ben]
resolution: accept "everything that the user agent uses to render presentation units" as definition with proposed note until we have something better
23:18:12 [ben]
Topic: general flash threshold
23:22:42 [ben]
resolution: accept proposed definition of "general flash threshold" and expand "FPA" in parentheses in note.
23:22:53 [ben]
Topic: definition of "idiom"
23:24:01 [judy]
q+ to comment on idiom
23:26:02 [gregg]
ack judy
23:26:02 [Zakim]
judy, you wanted to comment on idiom
23:26:07 [gregg]
ack kerstin
23:28:55 [ben]
RRSAgent, do not start a new log
23:30:18 [ben]
resolution: update definition of "idiom" to read, "a phrase whose meaning is not clear from the meaning of the individual words" and revise note with example to use "In US English, "kick the bucket" means "die."
23:31:54 [Zakim]
-Kerstin_Goldsmith
23:37:02 [Zakim]
-Judy
23:38:10 [ben]
Topic: definition of, "luminosity contrast ratio"
23:40:15 [ben]
resolution: accept proposed revisions to luminosity contrast ratio
23:40:25 [ben]
action: Gregg to review EOWG comments and look at how to make it more human-readable
23:40:48 [ben]
Topic: definition of "perceivable structures"
23:47:49 [gregg]
ack k
23:49:07 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
23:49:15 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
23:50:45 [gregg]
ack j
23:51:24 [ben]
action: team b to look at alternatives for definition of "perceivable structures"
23:51:46 [ben]
Topic: definition of "programmatically determined"
23:53:12 [gregg]
ack jo
23:53:59 [ben]
no resolution
23:54:36 [ben]
Topic: definition of, "red flash threshold"
23:54:55 [ben]
resolution: accept proposed definition (same resolution as general flash threshold)
23:55:43 [ben]
resolution: accept definition of "technology" with editorial comments
23:56:23 [ben]
Topic: replace "delivery unit" with "Web page or other primary resource"?
00:01:50 [ben]
resolution: accept proposal to make examples specific "example of Web page," "example of primary resource"
00:02:18 [ben]
resolution, accept proposal to Replace "delivery unit" with "authored unit" in 3.2.2
00:02:41 [ben]
Topic: Failure due to using markup that results in different DOMs being generated in different user agents
00:05:22 [ben]
resolution: back to team a
00:05:26 [ben]
topic: proposed revisions to 1.1.6
00:05:41 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow_Weaver
00:05:42 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
00:05:42 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
00:05:43 [Zakim]
-Gregg_and_Ben
00:05:43 [Zakim]
-John_Slatin
00:05:44 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
00:05:56 [ben]
resolution: accept proposed revisions without the word content, "1.1.6 For prerecorded multimedia, a combined document containing captions intermixed with the audio description transcripts is available."
00:06:43 [ben]
Zakim, bye
00:06:43 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were Michael_Cooper, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Makoto_Ueki, Roberto_Scano, Gregg_and_Ben, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Yvette_Hoitink, Christophe_Strobbe,
00:06:43 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
00:06:46 [Zakim]
... Katie_Haritos-Shea, rellero, Cynthia_Shelly, Becky_Gibson, John_Slatin, Sofia_Celic, Alex_Li, Bengt_Farre, [IPcaller], David_MacDonald, Kerstin_Goldsmith, Judy
00:07:02 [ben]
Present: Cynthia_Shelly, Michael_Cooper, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Makoto_Ueki, Roberto_Scano, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Ben_Caldwell, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Christophe_Strobbe, Roberto_Ellero, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Judy_Brewer, John_Slatin, Sofia_Celic, Bengt_Farre, Becky_Gibson, Yvette_Hoitink, David_MacDonald, Alex_Li, Kerstin_Goldsmith
00:07:06 [ben]
RRSAgent, bye
00:07:06 [RRSAgent]
I see 9 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/03/02-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
00:07:06 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Cynthia to explore techs and examples of occluding overlays. Due March 30, 2006 [1]
00:07:06 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/03/02-wai-wcag-irc#T20-18-11
00:07:06 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Team B to define "nested directional run" And to run these directional related techniques by the I18N Working group. Due March 6, 2006. [2]
00:07:06 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/03/02-wai-wcag-irc#T21-00-44
00:07:06 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg, Yvette, and Andi to explore the issue of on-the-fly user agents and responsibility of authors. Due March 13, 2006. [3]
00:07:06 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/03/02-wai-wcag-irc#T21-50-47
00:07:06 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: team c to clean up situations described above [4]
00:07:06 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/03/02-wai-wcag-irc#T22-31-26
00:07:06 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: John and Michael to work on cleaning up concerns with, "Failure to provide a method for the user to find the alternative conforming version of a non-conforming page" [5]
00:07:06 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/03/02-wai-wcag-irc#T22-35-49
00:07:06 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Makoto and John to discuss comments regarding color [6]
00:07:06 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/03/02-wai-wcag-irc#T22-40-59
00:07:06 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Judy to take the above definition to EO for additional feedback [7]
00:07:06 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/03/02-wai-wcag-irc#T23-17-17
00:07:06 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg to review EOWG comments and look at how to make it more human-readable [8]
00:07:06 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/03/02-wai-wcag-irc#T23-40-25
00:07:06 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: team b to look at alternatives for definition of "perceivable structures" [9]
00:07:06 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/03/02-wai-wcag-irc#T23-51-24