IRC log of tagmem on 2006-02-21

Timestamps are in UTC.

18:00:39 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tagmem
18:00:39 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-tagmem-irc
18:00:44 [Zakim]
TAG_Weekly()12:30PM has now started
18:00:51 [Zakim]
+Norm
18:00:52 [Norm]
Meeting: TAG
18:00:55 [Norm]
Scribe: Norm
18:00:58 [Norm]
ScribeNick: Norm
18:01:03 [Norm]
Date: 21 Feb 2006
18:01:08 [Zakim]
+[INRIA]
18:01:08 [Norm]
Chair: Vincent
18:01:08 [Zakim]
+Ed_Rice
18:01:30 [Vincent]
Zakim, INRIA is Vincent
18:01:30 [Zakim]
+Vincent; got it
18:01:39 [Norm]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/02/21-agenda.html
18:02:32 [Norm]
zakim, agenda+ Administrative
18:02:32 [Zakim]
agendum 1 added
18:02:36 [Norm]
zakim, agenda+ Face-to-face in Cannes/Mandelieu
18:02:36 [Zakim]
agendum 2 added
18:02:40 [Norm]
zakim, agenda+ Publication
18:02:40 [Zakim]
agendum 3 added
18:02:44 [Norm]
zakim, agenda+ Draft State finding
18:02:45 [Zakim]
agendum 4 added
18:02:48 [Zakim]
+[IBMCambridge]
18:02:49 [Norm]
zakim, agenda+ Issue XMLVersioning-41
18:02:49 [Zakim]
agendum 5 added
18:03:13 [ht]
zakim, please call ht-781
18:03:13 [Zakim]
ok, ht; the call is being made
18:03:15 [Zakim]
+Ht
18:03:39 [Norm]
zakim, agenda+ Issue namespaceDocument-8
18:03:39 [Zakim]
agendum 6 added
18:03:44 [Norm]
zakim, agenda+ Any other issue?
18:03:44 [Zakim]
agendum 7 added
18:03:47 [Norm]
zakim, show agenda
18:03:47 [Zakim]
+DanC
18:03:49 [Zakim]
I see 7 items remaining on the agenda:
18:03:50 [Zakim]
1. Administrative [from Norm]
18:03:51 [Zakim]
2. Face-to-face in Cannes/Mandelieu [from Norm]
18:03:53 [Zakim]
3. Publication [from Norm]
18:03:54 [Zakim]
4. Draft State finding [from Norm]
18:03:55 [Zakim]
5. Issue XMLVersioning-41 [from Norm]
18:03:57 [Zakim]
6. Issue namespaceDocument-8 [from Norm]
18:03:59 [Zakim]
7. Any other issue? [from Norm]
18:04:36 [Norm]
zakim, who's on the phone?
18:04:36 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Norm, Vincent, Ed_Rice, [IBMCambridge], Ht, DanC
18:04:44 [Norm]
zakim, [IBMCambridge is Noah
18:04:44 [Zakim]
+Noah; got it
18:05:59 [Zakim]
+DOrchard
18:06:04 [dorchard]
dorchard has joined #tagmem
18:06:13 [Norm]
zakim, who's on the phone?
18:06:13 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Norm, Vincent, Ed_Rice, Noah, Ht, DanC, DOrchard
18:06:38 [Norm]
Present: Norm, Vincent, Ed, Noah, Henry, Dan, Dave
18:06:46 [Norm]
Regrets: Tim, TV?
18:07:00 [Norm]
zakim, next agendum
18:07:00 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Administrative" taken up [from Norm]
18:07:21 [DanC]
DanC has changed the topic to: TAG Weekly 21 Feb http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/02/21-agenda.html
18:07:24 [Norm]
Vincent: Next meeting is f2f, Monday and Friday
18:07:35 [Norm]
Possible regrets for Norm on Monday afternoon
18:08:15 [DanC]
I'm available 7 Mar but inclined to cancel
18:08:17 [ht]
HST can't make 7 Mar
18:08:46 [Norm]
Next telcon: 14 Mar; 7 Mar telcon is CANCELLED
18:09:23 [Norm]
Tim sends regrets for 14 Mar
18:09:33 [Norm]
Vincent is at risk for 14 Mar
18:09:46 [DanC]
(strictly speaking, I heard him say let's keep the 7Mar reservation, but probably cancel it on Fri. Formally, a W3C meeting needs 7 days notice, so the Friday ftf can't resurrect a cancelled 7 Mar meeting)
18:10:17 [Norm]
Scribe will fix in HTML minutes
18:10:32 [Norm]
Accept this agenda?
18:11:49 [DanC]
http://www.ibiblio.org/hhalpin/irw2006/
18:12:00 [Norm]
Dan requests discussion of IRW workshop
18:12:19 [Norm]
zakim, agenda+ IRW workshop
18:12:19 [Zakim]
agendum 8 added
18:12:22 [Norm]
zakim, show agenda
18:12:22 [Zakim]
I see 8 items remaining on the agenda:
18:12:24 [Zakim]
1. Administrative [from Norm]
18:12:26 [Zakim]
2. Face-to-face in Cannes/Mandelieu [from Norm]
18:12:27 [Zakim]
3. Publication [from Norm]
18:12:28 [Zakim]
4. Draft State finding [from Norm]
18:12:29 [Zakim]
5. Issue XMLVersioning-41 [from Norm]
18:12:30 [Zakim]
6. Issue namespaceDocument-8 [from Norm]
18:12:31 [Zakim]
7. Any other issue? [from Norm]
18:12:33 [Zakim]
8. IRW workshop [from Norm]
18:12:55 [Norm]
Approve minutes of 14 Feb?
18:13:12 [Norm]
Approved.
18:13:25 [Norm]
zakim, take up agenda 8
18:13:25 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "IRW workshop" taken up [from Norm]
18:13:40 [DanC]
http://www.ibiblio.org/hhalpin/irw2006/
18:14:05 [Zakim]
+Raman
18:14:07 [Norm]
Dan: Workshop looks interesting
18:14:37 [Norm]
Dan is slated to talk about the TAG position
18:15:05 [Norm]
Dan: I don't consider myself a disinterested party; I can give my slant and a little bit of what the TAG is up to,or I can give just my slant. I can't report impartiallhy on the TAG position.
18:15:17 [Norm]
Henry: Speaking as an organizer, we're happy for you to make that call
18:15:31 [Norm]
Henry: Speaking as a TAG member, I'd be happy for you to make the balance as you see fit.
18:16:19 [Norm]
Noah: For the TAG side, would you intend to take mainly about positions in the Arch doc or also about unresolved, ongoing discussion?
18:16:55 [Norm]
Dan: I would probably only quote from TAG approve things; but ad libbing I'd probably leak some current discussions.
18:17:22 [Norm]
Noah: Is there more than use URIs and range-14?
18:17:33 [Norm]
Dan: Yeah, there are still questions about ambiguity.
18:17:40 [raman]
raman has joined #tagmem
18:18:15 [Norm]
Norm: I'm happy for Dan to wing it.
18:19:46 [DanC]
(wow... indeed. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2006Jan/att-0003/Jan102005.html )
18:19:56 [Norm]
Vincent: returning to administrivia for a moment: the Jan 10 minutes are member only
18:20:02 [Norm]
Vincent: Any objection to making a public copy?
18:20:03 [Norm]
None.
18:20:09 [Norm]
Vincent: Ok, I'll take care of that.
18:20:21 [Norm]
zakim, next agendum
18:20:21 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Administrative" taken up [from Norm]
18:20:26 [Norm]
zakim, take up agendum 2
18:20:26 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Face-to-face in Cannes/Mandelieu" taken up [from Norm]
18:20:46 [Norm]
-> http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/02/27-agenda.html#Admin
18:21:15 [Norm]
Vincent: Dinner is arranged for Monday evening at 7pm at La Riou[sp?]
18:21:36 [Norm]
Vincent: we should be able to get a quite place in the restaurant
18:23:01 [Norm]
Vincent: should we add endPointRefs-47 per Mark Baker?
18:23:55 [Norm]
Henry: Although we settled the general issue, we never addressed his original question.
18:24:32 [Norm]
Vincent: Mark also reminded me that I had an action to invite him to a telcon
18:24:42 [Norm]
Vincent: Mark will be in Cannes next week.
18:24:55 [DanC]
(discussion of epr47 raises an intersting question about whose issue it is. Seems to me the issue is what the TAG says it is, though we're obliged to seek consensus with all interested parties.)
18:25:11 [Norm]
TV: Maybe we can invite him to have lunch with us on Monday or Friday?
18:25:59 [Norm]
TV: Or some other day.
18:26:38 [Norm]
Noah: If we want everyone involved, it should be at a formal meeting
18:26:42 [Norm]
Vincent: I agree.
18:27:38 [Norm]
Noah: I think Mark is telling us that if we want our comments to matter, we need to get them in soon
18:27:53 [DanC]
"16 February 2006: Web Services Addressing 1.0 - WSDL Binding - Last Call Ends 31 March 2006" -- http://www.w3.org/TR/
18:28:24 [Norm]
Vincent: I'll meet with him during the week and see if I can arrange to meet with him at a teleconference.
18:28:50 [Norm]
Norm: Ok by me.
18:29:04 [Norm]
Vincent: Do we want to talk about httpRange-14 per David Booth?
18:29:11 [Norm]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2006Feb/0067.html
18:29:12 [DanC]
q+
18:29:28 [Norm]
ack danc
18:29:55 [Norm]
DanC: I think the questions he asks are as much about HTML-fragments-some-other-issue. I don't want to reopen httpRange-14.
18:30:10 [Norm]
DanC: Fragments in XML seems like the one that's most relevant.
18:30:29 [DanC]
fragmentInXML-28 : Use of fragment identifiers in XML
18:30:37 [DanC]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html?type=1#fragmentInXML-28
18:31:04 [Norm]
Norm proposes that we constrain the amount of time we spend talking about it if we decide to take it up
18:31:25 [Norm]
Noah: I've had this question inside IBM. But I don't care if we do it at the f2f or put it in the queue.
18:31:40 [DanC]
issue 47 is also nearby
18:31:51 [Norm]
Vincent: I don't see a lot of enthusiasm. Let's see if we have time left on Friday afternoon.
18:32:27 [Norm]
Vincent: My inclination is not to change the agenda for the f2f at this point.
18:32:43 [Norm]
Vincent: Any other comments about the agenda?
18:32:55 [Norm]
None
18:33:01 [Norm]
s/None/None offered at this time./
18:33:26 [Norm]
Norm has changed the topic to: TAG Weekly 21 Feb http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/02/21-agenda.html
18:33:29 [Norm]
zakim, next agendum
18:33:29 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Administrative" taken up [from Norm]
18:33:35 [Norm]
zakim, take up agendum 3
18:33:35 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Publication" taken up [from Norm]
18:34:57 [Norm]
-> http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/02/namespaceState/TR/2006/WD-namespaceState-20060223/
18:35:14 [Norm]
Norm asserts that it's ready to go except for the status
18:35:38 [Norm]
Dan: It competes with a whole bunch of things
18:36:02 [Norm]
Norm: how about we work together at the f2f and we pick another date post-publication-moritorium
18:36:08 [Norm]
Vincent: Let's do that.
18:36:46 [DanC]
(I have no plans to publish least-power stuff as a WD)
18:37:07 [Norm]
Noah asks about publication for least power
18:37:19 [Norm]
Vincent points out that this is just an internal finding so there's no issue about the moritorium
18:38:14 [Norm]
Vincent: If I remember correctly, last week we agreed to take nsState-48 to the TR page as an experiment.
18:38:23 [Norm]
Vincent: For the moment, I think it makes sense to just publish it as a usual finding.
18:38:53 [Norm]
Noah: When we take a finding to a "next stage" should I remove the prevlocs?
18:39:04 [Norm]
DanC: My preference is that you and Norm do what you like.
18:39:14 [Norm]
zakim, show agenda
18:39:14 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda:
18:39:16 [Zakim]
1. Administrative [from Norm]
18:39:18 [Zakim]
3. Publication [from Norm]
18:39:19 [Zakim]
4. Draft State finding [from Norm]
18:39:20 [Zakim]
5. Issue XMLVersioning-41 [from Norm]
18:39:21 [Zakim]
6. Issue namespaceDocument-8 [from Norm]
18:39:22 [Zakim]
7. Any other issue? [from Norm]
18:39:28 [DanC]
Zakim, close item 1
18:39:28 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Administrative, closed
18:39:29 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
18:39:30 [Norm]
zakim, take up agendum 4
18:39:31 [Zakim]
3. Publication [from Norm]
18:39:33 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Draft State finding" taken up [from Norm]
18:39:43 [Norm]
Dave: I published a lengthy document on state today.
18:39:44 [DanC]
Zakim, close item 3
18:39:44 [Zakim]
agendum 3, Publication, closed
18:39:45 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
18:39:46 [Zakim]
4. Draft State finding [from Norm]
18:40:07 [Norm]
Dave: I'm hoping we can take a look at it at the f2f. Roughly, it points out that designing for state is one aspect of system design.
18:40:27 [Norm]
Dave: To meet the various requirements of your application, you may need several kinds of state
18:40:34 [Norm]
Dave: I tried to enumerate the kinds and give some examples.
18:41:30 [Norm]
Dave: There's a fairly lengthy discussion of state in the web context and then another using more XML-related technologies.
18:42:56 [Norm]
Dave: I've been working on it for a while, I'm hoping that the work the TAG was doing around end point references will fit in here.
18:43:22 [Norm]
Vincent: Ok, Dave. I think it's too early to have a discussion of the document today, but I'll put it on the f2f.
18:43:26 [Norm]
Dave: Ok
18:44:55 [Norm]
Some discussion of whether or not there's time to read the text before the f2f
18:45:41 [DanC]
From: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
18:45:41 [DanC]
To: www-tag@w3.org
18:45:41 [DanC]
Subject: Draft State Finding
18:45:41 [DanC]
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 10:05:11 -0800 (12:05 CST)
18:46:59 [Norm]
Noah: It would be helpful Vincent if you would tell us what you would like us to have read before the f2f
18:47:08 [Norm]
Vincent: I'll update the agenda tomorrow.
18:47:58 [Norm]
Vincent: It doesn't seem clear if there will be time to read it before the meeting.
18:48:06 [Norm]
Vincent: If we take it up, it will be on Friday.
18:48:18 [Norm]
Vincent: I'll put it at the end of the agenda, if enough folks have read it, then we'll discuss it.
18:49:39 [Norm]
zakim, take up agendum 5
18:49:39 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Issue XMLVersioning-41" taken up [from Norm]
18:50:47 [Norm]
Vincent reviews the open actions
18:51:19 [Norm]
Vincent: Henry to make sure that what he is doing with ontology of XML infoset fits with what DanC is doing on ontology of Language etc.
18:51:30 [Norm]
Henry: that's ongoing, but in so far as I'm keeping up with what Dan's doing, I'm happy.
18:51:39 [DanC]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-versioning/2006Feb/0003.html msg about RDF/OWL version of versioning terms
18:51:40 [Norm]
Henry: I haven't reviewed Dan's most recent edits
18:51:49 [DanC]
in particular, http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/ext-vers/ext-vers-uml.rdf
18:51:52 [Norm]
Vincent: Dave to update extensibility finding with the result of Edinburgh F2F discussion and related diagrams.
18:52:21 [Norm]
Dave: I think I've done that.
18:52:48 [Norm]
Dave: There have been a couple of comments since I posted my most recent stuff to the xml-versioning mailing list.
18:52:59 [Norm]
Dave: Dan's proposed some changes and we had some discussions on the TAG call recently.
18:53:18 [Norm]
Dave: I made some more changes taking into account some of what Dan had done. I published this to the xml-versioning list.
18:53:45 [Norm]
Vincent: Ok, so I guess that action is closed.
18:54:07 [Norm]
Vincent: Comments?
18:54:22 [Norm]
Noah: I'm struggling to put together the various pieces that different people have been contributing.
18:54:28 [noah]
Dan is this what you were looking for: http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/ext-vers/ext-vers-uml.png
18:54:44 [Norm]
Noah: I find that diagram to be pretty close to what came out of Edinburgh
18:55:00 [Norm]
Noah: My impression is that Dave's finding still tends towards saying that a language consists of pieces of XML
18:55:13 [DanC]
dorchard, I'm just reading your msg of 15 Feb now. I haven't gotten a round to subscribing to xml-versioning yet. sigh.
18:55:27 [Norm]
Noah: So maybe I'm misreading, but I wanted to signal that in terms of the meat of converging the content, I'm not sure we've moved as close as would be ideal.
18:55:42 [Norm]
Dan: Which differences do you see?
18:56:19 [Norm]
Noah: I've got a PNG from Dan that looks good, and then I've got [something] from Dave which has some of that diagram and some text.
18:56:57 [Norm]
Noah: Well, probably the best thing for me to do is punt here and go back and put the pieces together.
18:57:05 [Norm]
Dan: I'd prefer that we discussed this in substance now.
18:57:09 [dorchard]
Here's what I posted from the f2f in edinburg http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-versioning/2006Feb/0000.html
18:57:18 [Norm]
Noah: I just don't have the stuff handy that I need.
18:57:25 [dorchard]
Then there's an update.. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-versioning/2006Feb/0006.html
18:58:05 [noah]
" By language, we just mean the set of elements and attributes, or components, used by a particular application. "
18:58:26 [DanC]
(please don't bother with history; the TAG hasn't decided anything)
18:59:01 [Norm]
Noah: I thought in Edinburgh, we said something like "by language we mean the class of strings" or something liek that that's independent of XML.
18:59:42 [Norm]
Noah: I'm not sure I like the title. I think the TAG could offer more architecturally if we did something about versioning of web documents (XML, N3, etc.) not just XML.
19:00:30 [DanC]
yes, we keep having the discussion over and over. That's the cost of collaboration. it will repeat until we converge.
19:00:56 [Norm]
Dave: To the extent that we can abstract away from XML in a time-bound manner, I'm ok. But at the end of the day, the goal put into this deliverable have been about XML
19:01:26 [Norm]
Noah: Dan pressed me and I showed you an example of some text that was bothering me
19:02:00 [Norm]
Dan: Let's start suggesting text
19:02:14 [Norm]
Noah: "A language is a class of strings" or "A version of a language is a class of strings"
19:02:34 [DanC]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-versioning/2006Feb/0006.html
19:02:34 [Norm]
Dave: (Looking at the diagram)
19:03:40 [Norm]
Dave: What I did here is say that a language uses a vocabulary and I extracted out the XML vocabulary
19:03:53 [Norm]
Dave: I said that an XML vocabulary is a type of vocabulary
19:03:57 [DanC]
(hmm... why a 0..1 on the subclass link? odd.)
19:04:31 [Norm]
Noah: That's good. I'm still trying to decide what our story is about languages and instances
19:04:41 [Norm]
Noah: Do you have a definition for language?
19:04:50 [Norm]
Noah: What does this diagram try to tell me?
19:05:10 [Norm]
Dan: A language is related to membership by a "string_set"
19:05:22 [Norm]
Noah: How do you read that?
19:05:42 [Norm]
Dan: An instance (a string of characters) that's in the string set of a language.
19:05:48 [Norm]
Dan: No one was ever happy with "Membership"
19:05:56 [Norm]
Dave: Instances relate to language by being members of the language
19:06:28 [Norm]
Dan: The reason for the box is to distinguish the different languages that might have the same strings
19:06:54 [Norm]
Noah: I almost view membership as "string sets" and languages as "interpretable string sets"
19:07:45 [DanC]
interesting question: does the UML say that every instance encodes an infoset?
19:07:49 [Norm]
General regret that several of us can't really read the UML well enough to undertand the diagram
19:08:39 [Norm]
Noah: Given that there's a star there, how do you read that in English?
19:08:45 [DanC]
(I wonder what TV makes of this diagram-based discussion, and whether the RDF/OWL stuff helps at all.)
19:08:52 [Norm]
Dave: I think instances have infosets.
19:09:24 [Norm]
Noah: There's a sense in which you can leave all the XML stuff out and the diagram would still hold up
19:09:38 [DanC]
hmm... interesting idea... an xml-ignorant diagram, and and an xml-specialized diagram
19:10:22 [Norm]
Noah: You could talk about a lot of interesting things, like partial understanding, in the xml-ignorant diagram
19:10:49 [Norm]
Noah: Then you could say that when you build meta-languages, you can share a lot of mechanisms across different meta-language vocabularies
19:11:04 [DanC]
yes, please, dave, try the xml-specific and generic diagrams.
19:11:16 [Norm]
Some agreement that it would be good to try an xml-ignorant and xml-specific diagrams
19:11:51 [Norm]
Noah: And then the middle ground is to say that XML is an example of a meta-langauge. What we expect is that lots of versioning solutions that apply to this XML-language might also apply to that other XML-language. And that's true of meta-languages in general.
19:12:59 [Norm]
Noah goes on to describe how this might work out [scribe couldn't type fast enough]
19:13:50 [Norm]
Dave describes interface descriptions that might be able to express all the constraints of the various components. With an abstract notion of languages and versioning you could apply it to several parts of the interface.
19:14:19 [Norm]
Noah: My particular proposal was to scope this to roughly web documents: MIME-typed octet-streams.
19:14:52 [DanC]
(I also find it appealing to think about protocol versioning along with language versioning, but my thoughts on that are *much* less mature.)
19:14:58 [DanC]
q+
19:15:14 [Vincent]
ack danc
19:15:47 [Norm]
Dan: I think I come down on the side of doing the string thing for now and adding new issues later.
19:16:06 [Norm]
Dave: At the end of the day, I think this serves a different purpose that I have as well. Hopefully it'll hang together well anywya.
19:16:11 [Norm]
s/anywya/anyway/
19:16:46 [raman]
was this a two hour call?
19:16:50 [DanC]
no, 90min
19:16:52 [Norm]
Vincent: Dave would you commit to providing two diagrams?
19:17:13 [Norm]
ACTION: Dave to provide two diagrams: one XML-ignorant, one XML-aware.
19:17:44 [DanC]
(is it worth the meeting's time for me to talk to dorchard about CVS issues?)
19:17:45 [Norm]
Dan plans to call his action on RDF/OWL versioning done
19:18:28 [Norm]
(collaboration without CVS is a pain so, yes, from my perspective, DanC )
19:20:06 [dorchard]
( apparently not Dan :-)
19:20:13 [Norm]
Vincent: For the moment, let's try to finish today's agenda
19:20:21 [Norm]
Vincent: DanC, what about your action a?
19:20:39 [Norm]
Vincent: You want to consider it done, is that right?
19:20:45 [DanC]
> http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/ext-vers/
19:20:45 [DanC]
> http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/ext-vers/ext-vers-uml
19:20:45 [DanC]
> http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/ext-vers/ext-vers-uml.png
19:20:45 [DanC]
> http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/ext-vers/ext-vers-uml.rdf
19:20:45 [DanC]
> http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/ext-vers/ext-vers-uml.violet
19:22:46 [Norm]
Vincent: Ok, then let's call it done.
19:23:21 [Norm]
Vincent: What about Dave to produce a new draft of his versioning finding by the end of the year
19:23:31 [Norm]
Vincent: I'm not sure if it's really different
19:23:53 [Norm]
Dave: I'm still working on it, but I haven't finished it yet.
19:24:14 [Norm]
Vincent: anything else on versioning today?
19:24:37 [Zakim]
-Raman
19:24:46 [Norm]
zakim, take up agendum 6
19:24:46 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Issue namespaceDocument-8" taken up [from Norm]
19:25:02 [Norm]
Norm reports failure to make progress. Too much to do after returning from vacation.
19:25:22 [Norm]
Vincent: What should we do about Tim Bray's action?
19:25:33 [Norm]
Vincent: I propose that we drop it.
19:26:25 [DanC]
ok, then let's call it done, not dropped
19:26:27 [Norm]
Henry: I think we agreed that we got a declaration from Jonathan and that we agreed that's the best we could do.
19:26:43 [Norm]
Vincent: Right, we have that statement from Jonathan.
19:26:49 [Norm]
Vincent: Ok, then we'll call it done.
19:27:05 [Norm]
Vincent: Norm to follow up on Noah's message on namespace name?
19:27:08 [Norm]
Norm: No progress.
19:27:19 [DanC]
(really? I thought NDW did that one. oh well.)
19:27:25 [Norm]
Vincent: Henry to track progress of #int bug 1974 in XML Schema namespace document
19:27:34 [Norm]
(Did I? I'll have to look before I do it again :-)
19:27:36 [ht]
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2005/12/XMLSchema
19:28:12 [Norm]
Henry: The WG is pretty happy. There are a few changes to the draft namespace document still pending, but we're busy producing anchors for all the things we promised would have anchors.
19:28:17 [DanC]
I see http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xmlschema11-2-20060217/ just went to last call
19:28:30 [Norm]
Henry: Not quite done, but I'm working on it.
19:28:47 [Norm]
Dan: The namespace document isn't part of the last call?
19:29:03 [Norm]
Henry: It's along side. Historically, namespace documents haven't been part of what's reviewed at transition.
19:29:09 [noah]
I've got to drop off...see you all in France.
19:29:17 [Zakim]
-Noah
19:29:48 [Norm]
Henry: This draft will replace the 2001/XMLSchema namespace document.
19:29:55 [Norm]
Henry: That should happen in a month or so.
19:30:00 [Norm]
Dan: Please let us know when that happens.
19:30:21 [Norm]
Vincent: Norm to propose to Jonathan changes the Natures
19:30:38 [Norm]
Norm: I started the discussion with Jonathan, but it hasn't reached conclusion yet.
19:30:41 [Norm]
Vincent: So it's in progress.
19:30:43 [Norm]
Norm: Yes.
19:31:12 [DanC]
count me in for dinner monday night.
19:31:16 [dorchard]
+1 for dinner
19:31:17 [Ed]
Count me in as well.
19:31:18 [Norm]
Norm will be there
19:31:34 [Norm]
(who's coming to dinner)
19:31:34 [Zakim]
-DOrchard
19:31:39 [ht]
HST will be there
19:31:49 [ht]
Raman, will you be at the dinner Monday?
19:32:10 [Norm]
Vincent: Adjourned
19:32:12 [Zakim]
-DanC
19:32:13 [Zakim]
-Ht
19:32:14 [Zakim]
-Ed_Rice
19:32:15 [Zakim]
-Norm
19:32:17 [Zakim]
-Vincent
19:32:19 [Zakim]
TAG_Weekly()12:30PM has ended
19:32:20 [Zakim]
Attendees were Norm, Ed_Rice, Vincent, [IBMCambridge], Ht, DanC, Noah, DOrchard, Raman
19:32:21 [Norm]
rrsagent, make draft minutes
19:32:21 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make draft minutes', Norm. Try /msg RRSAgent help
19:32:27 [DanC]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
19:32:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/02/21-tagmem-minutes.html DanC
19:32:35 [noah]
Noah WILL be at dinner Monday, thank you.
19:32:36 [Norm]
thankks dan
19:36:13 [Vincent]
Dan, don't forget to make the minutes world-readable
19:40:20 [DanC]
RRSAgent, make logs world-access
19:40:42 [DanC]
I expect NDW will check the edited minutes in under /2001/tag/2006/02... and chacl them there
19:47:54 [Norm]
Yes
21:44:34 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tagmem