IRC log of dawg on 2006-02-21

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:29:09 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dawg
14:29:09 [RRSAgent]
logging to
14:29:47 [LeeF]
zakim, this will be dawg
14:29:47 [Zakim]
ok, LeeF; I see SW_DAWG()9:30AM scheduled to start in 1 minute
14:30:19 [Zakim]
SW_DAWG()9:30AM has now started
14:30:26 [Zakim]
14:30:33 [AndyS]
zakim, ??P4 is me
14:30:33 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
14:30:40 [Zakim]
14:30:43 [Zakim]
14:30:54 [LeeF]
zakim, IBMCambridge is temporarily me
14:30:54 [Zakim]
+LeeF; got it
14:31:23 [Zakim]
14:31:49 [LeeF]
LeeF has changed the topic to: "DAWG Weekly 21Feb. scribe: AndyS"
14:31:50 [EliasT]
EliasT has joined #dawg
14:32:00 [Zakim]
14:32:00 [LeeF]
oh yeah
14:32:01 [LeeF]
14:32:20 [Zakim]
14:32:20 [Zakim]
14:32:27 [EliasT]
Zakim, Elias_Torres is me
14:32:27 [Zakim]
+EliasT; got it
14:33:21 [Zakim]
14:33:44 [DanC]
agenda + Convene ...
14:34:04 [DanC]
agenda + upcoming ftf 2-3Mar
14:34:05 [EliasT]
Zakim, mute me por favor
14:34:05 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'mute me por favor', EliasT
14:34:11 [DanC]
agenda + Toward updated QL WD
14:34:13 [EliasT]
Zakim, please mute me
14:34:13 [Zakim]
EliasT should now be muted
14:34:19 [DanC]
agenda + comments related to rdfSemantics, owlDisjunction
14:34:22 [ericP]
zakim, mute me
14:34:22 [Zakim]
EricP should now be muted
14:34:26 [DanC]
agenda + Toward CR
14:34:33 [DanC]
agenda + test suite maintenance
14:34:38 [DanC]
Zakim, take up item 1
14:34:38 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Convene ..." taken up [from DanC]
14:34:59 [AndyS]
Scribe: AndyS
14:35:06 [DanC]
14:35:32 [DanC]
Regrets: JosD, JeenB, EnricoF
14:35:39 [DanC]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
14:35:39 [Zakim]
On the phone I see AndyS, LeeF, Libby_Miller, Sven_Groppe, Kendall_Clark, EliasT (muted), EricP (muted), DanC
14:36:03 [EliasT]
Chair: DanC
14:36:39 [DanC]
-> minutes 14 Feb
14:36:54 [ericP]
14:37:11 [DanC]
RESOLVED: to approve minutes 14 Feb
14:37:30 [EliasT]
Meeting: DAWG Weekly
14:37:44 [DanC]
agenda + JSON serialization draft
14:37:50 [AndyS]
Next meeting: F2F (W3C All Groups Meeting, Cannes, 2/3 March)
14:37:55 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
14:37:55 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "upcoming ftf 2-3Mar" taken up [from DanC]
14:37:59 [DanC]
ack ericp
14:38:09 [ericP]
ack ericP
14:38:29 [AndyS]
Eric: Agenda in-progress
14:38:49 [DanC]
q+ re observers
14:38:50 [AndyS]
Eric: 24 people registeres inc observers (14 observers)
14:38:56 [Zakim]
14:40:01 [AndyS]
EricP: More of a workshop style for part of the meeting
14:40:15 [libby]
q+ ask if it makes sense to join with swig for some dawgshows
14:40:22 [libby]
q+ to ask if it makes sense to join with swig for some dawgshows
14:40:25 [AndyS]
DanC: noted [test-dodo] items
14:41:01 [DanC]
-> SwigAtTp2006
14:41:21 [DanC]
(afternoon of which day?)
14:42:06 [kendallclark]
hmm, I believe my availability to dial-in has been reduced to something approximating zero.
14:42:11 [AndyS]
Next steps discussion: afternoon of Thursday
14:42:53 [kendallclark]
not sure if i need to send regrets for dialing in?
14:43:02 [AndyS]
or maybe Friday (SWBPD WG meeting Friday - "fairly informal")
14:43:02 [DanC]
no more than you have
14:43:12 [kendallclark]
14:43:18 [AndyS]
KC sends regrets for F2F
14:43:54 [AndyS]
PatH sends regrets for F2F
14:44:39 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
14:44:39 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Toward updated QL WD" taken up [from DanC]
14:44:49 [ericP]
zakim, mute me
14:44:49 [Zakim]
EricP should now be muted
14:44:59 [AndyS]
DanC: Please publish message sent
14:45:00 [kendallclark]
Alabama. :>
14:45:04 [libby]
zakim mute me
14:45:11 [libby]
zakim, mute me
14:45:11 [Zakim]
Libby_Miller should now be muted
14:45:17 [AndyS]
DanC: may tweak status section
14:45:28 [AndyS]
...should appear any time now
14:45:50 [AndyS]
EricP did "EricP to fix /0 stuff in rq23"
14:46:07 [AndyS]
Commets due 3 weeks yesterday (13 March)
14:47:13 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
14:47:13 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "comments related to rdfSemantics, owlDisjunction" taken up [from DanC]
14:47:29 [AndyS]
Continue action Enrico
14:47:39 [AndyS]
ACTION: Enrico to explain definitions in reply to LeeF's questions
14:47:58 [AndyS]
ACTION: patH to respond to PFPS comments (pending LC publication)
14:48:39 [patH]
patH has joined #dawg
14:49:21 [LeeF]
Is a *very* minor editorial comment on the current QL draft in order?
14:49:37 [AndyS]
No :-) Oh all right
14:49:54 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
14:49:54 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Toward CR" taken up [from DanC]
14:50:25 [AndyS]
ACTION: KC to update protocol references to [SRD] and WSDL
14:50:47 [AndyS]
ACTION: KendallC to edit proto-wd w.r.t. decision: in case of syntax error [including extension], must return malformed query or query request refused
14:51:04 [DanC]
agenda + WSD WG comments
14:51:07 [DanC]
Zakim, take up item 8
14:51:07 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "WSD WG comments" taken up [from DanC]
14:51:42 [DanC]
-> RE: Belated comments on SPARQL Protocol for RDF 25 January 2006 LC WD
14:52:49 [ericP]
hugo's WSDL converter does not do 2.0 to 1,1
14:53:32 [LeeF]
14:53:33 [AndyS]
DanC: request someone to feed our WSDL to feed woden
14:53:37 [LeeF]
14:53:58 [DanC]
ACTION Leef: try SPARQL WSDL files with Woden validator, report results.
14:54:15 [DanC]
LeeF, be sure to include CVS version info from our WSDL files when you report results.
14:54:18 [LeeF]
I'll wait until it's checked in, and once checked in I'll also update the WSDL 1.1 stuff
14:54:24 [AndyS]
14:55:12 [DanC]
ACTION KC: update SPARQL WSDL query operation to change name to query-request (though it may change back)
14:55:35 [DanC]
Zakim, close item 8
14:55:35 [Zakim]
agendum 8, WSD WG comments, closed
14:55:36 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:55:37 [Zakim]
5. Toward CR [from DanC]
14:56:12 [DanC]
# ACTION: DanC to respond to major technical: underspecified errors [CONTINUES]
14:56:18 [DanC]
ACTION: DanC to respond to major technical: underspecified errors [CONTINUES]
14:56:19 [AndyS]
ACTION: DanC to respond to major technical: underspecified errors
14:56:33 [AndyS]
14:56:37 [DanC]
-> CR request, in progress
14:57:48 [AndyS]
RRSAgent, drop action 9
14:57:54 [AndyS]
RRSAgent, drop action 8
14:58:03 [LeeF] search for @@hmm
14:59:26 [LeeF]
I can also imagine it going to a LC and attracting a lot of comments (of the form Kendall just mentioned) :-)
15:00:00 [AndyS]
Can accept and postpone straight away - input to SPARQL-2
15:03:16 [EliasT]
SPARQL Protocol And RDF Query Language
15:03:57 [AndyS]
DanC: currently minded not to take requirments to rec.
15:05:27 [DanC]
ACTION DanC: noodle on SOAP exit criteria
15:06:14 [AndyS]
DanC: I do not expect to chair through the whole of the CR phase
15:08:37 [ericP]
ack ericp
15:10:03 [DanC]
REQUEST FOR TESTCASE: something that uses SPARQL media type in POST
15:10:46 [DanC]
never mind. it uses x-www-urlencoded
15:11:09 [ericP]
zakim, mute me
15:11:09 [Zakim]
EricP should now be muted
15:13:16 [ericP]
ack ericp
15:13:33 [ericP]
zakim, mute me
15:13:33 [Zakim]
EricP should now be muted
15:13:34 [kendallclark]
i've heard that from people at Nokia and at my own lab, actually. :>
15:14:30 [DanC]
s/satsifaction of the community./satisfaction of a critical mass of the community/
15:15:42 [kendallclark]
zakim, mute me
15:15:42 [Zakim]
Kendall_Clark should now be muted
15:16:38 [kendallclark]
erp, i'm actually convinced by those objections now. :<
15:17:52 [ericP]
kendallclark, yeah, you noted an interest in 4-ary querying in your SPARQLNextSteps response
15:18:11 [kendallclark]
yep, that's exactly what I'm convinced by now.
15:18:46 [kendallclark]
FROM/FROM NAMED seem a far too coarse way of doing that when we have a formalism for doing it more finely grained that does *not* involve web-arch issues.
15:18:51 [AndyS]
(review of CR draft)
15:19:06 [ericP]
i note that this came *from* timbl's comment
15:20:24 [DanC]
Hayes: "defns are unnecessarily complicated"
15:20:25 [kendallclark]
zakim, unmute me
15:20:25 [Zakim]
Kendall_Clark should no longer be muted
15:22:59 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
15:22:59 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Toward CR" taken up [from DanC]
15:23:04 [DanC]
Zakim, close item 5
15:23:04 [Zakim]
agendum 5, Toward CR, closed
15:23:05 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
15:23:06 [Zakim]
6. test suite maintenance [from DanC]
15:23:30 [ericP]
ack ericP
15:23:38 [AndyS]
ACTION: JosD to make test case from [19]Sergio's basic query patterns examples.
15:23:42 [ericP]
15:23:48 [AndyS]
ACTION: EricP to fix test schema to match manifest with negative tests [recorded in [21]09/27-dawg-minutes.html#action16]
15:23:57 [AndyS]
ACTION: DanC to follow up re optional test based on op:dateTime triple
15:24:05 [AndyS]
ACTION: DaveB add to test suite the temperature case from comment on truth tables in [22]commentor's message
15:24:12 [DanC]
Zakim, take up item 2
15:24:12 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "upcoming ftf 2-3Mar" taken up [from DanC]
15:24:28 [AndyS]
Friday PM : test suite maintenance
15:25:07 [EliasT]
I'd like to join that, hopefully we can have one schema for both language and protocol.
15:25:22 [EliasT]
Zakim, unmute me
15:25:22 [Zakim]
EliasT should no longer be muted
15:25:31 [EliasT]
I will be there.
15:26:01 [LeeF]
Libby is on the queue
15:26:02 [LeeF]
15:26:08 [DanC]
ack libby
15:26:09 [Zakim]
libby, you wanted to ask if it makes sense to join with swig for some dawgshows
15:26:12 [LeeF]
15:26:13 [LeeF]
15:26:15 [LeeF]
15:26:18 [libby]
sorry I'm muted!
15:26:21 [libby]
15:26:27 [DanC]
15:26:45 [DanC]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
15:26:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate DanC
15:26:51 [EliasT]
did we talk about JSON?
15:26:52 [DanC]
RRSAgent, make logs world-access
15:26:54 [patH]
patH has left #dawg
15:26:58 [DanC]
15:27:15 [DanC]
Zakim, take up item 7
15:27:15 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "JSON serialization draft" taken up [from DanC]
15:27:23 [EliasT]
15:27:28 [ericP]
AndyS, is now public
15:27:57 [AndyS]
Got it.
15:28:12 [EliasT]
15:28:32 [AndyS]
Please add ARQ/Joseki to the impls.
15:29:57 [EliasT]
HP is omniscient
15:34:19 [kendallclark]
i like both ideas, elias, precisely for the 'small, puny client' design space
15:35:12 [LeeF]
there's an obvious bridge there though, i.e. dereferencing the name using a well-understood protocol handler
15:35:15 [AndyS]
example: FROM <data:someGraph>
15:35:21 [kendallclark]
15:35:43 [AndyS]
Maybe able to add that.
15:35:48 [EliasT]
15:36:12 [ericP]
15:36:14 [ericP]
The FROM NAMED syntax suggests that the IRI identifies the corresponding graph, but actually the relationship between a URI and a graph in an RDF dataset is indirect. the IRI identifies a resource, and the resource is represented by a graph (or, more precisely: by a document that serializes a graph).
15:36:18 [patH]
patH has joined #dawg
15:36:19 [ericP]
15:36:35 [LeeF]
safe URL characters :)
15:36:47 [EliasT]
date.replace(" ","")
15:36:59 [EliasT]
15:37:01 [AndyS]
.replace("%20", " ")
15:37:12 [EliasT]
15:37:26 [Zakim]
15:37:57 [EliasT]
AndyS, is data: support coming on ARQ/Jena?
15:38:10 [EliasT]
soon :-)
15:38:17 [AndyS]
Not yet.
15:38:34 [EliasT]
I might have to code a quick LocatorData :-)
15:38:37 [LeeF]
with arbitrarily long URIs, right, Elias? :p
15:38:42 [AndyS]
The cost is ... related to "beer" (or wine, as we are invFrance)
15:39:00 [EliasT]
or the pay? cough. cough.
15:39:20 [EliasT]
AndyS, we need tokens to bypass the 50K limit.
15:39:21 [AndyS]
"Small beer" - I'm paid in the UK :-)
15:39:21 [DanC]
{ <erics-foaf> sparql:names ?G } <=> { <erics-foaf> webarch:identifies [ webarch:representation ?G ] }
15:40:17 [AndyS]
I'll try to add it ASAP. Not sure Locator will hack it - yes it will - returns a stream to its own bytes. What a hack!
15:40:36 [Zakim]
15:40:46 [LeeF]
To add data: support to Jena
15:41:08 [AndyS]
Why over 50K? (not in a data URI please!)
15:42:24 [ericP]
DanC, on the right side of the <=> i see three nodes. which of them goes into SELECT * FROM NAMED ??? ?
15:43:06 [DanC]
<erics-foaf> and ?G
15:43:26 [LeeF]
thanks, AndyS
15:43:27 [ericP]
either of them works? that's odd
15:43:32 [Zakim]
15:43:35 [DanC]
huh? no; each of them has a position
15:43:36 [Zakim]
15:43:40 [Zakim]
15:43:42 [Zakim]
15:43:44 [Zakim]
15:43:48 [SvenGroppe]
SvenGroppe has left #dawg
15:44:01 [DanC]
SELECT * FROM NAMED <erics-foaf> # results in a dataset with (<erics-foaf>, G1) in its dataset
15:44:10 [AndyS]
AndyS has left #dawg
15:44:14 [Zakim]
15:44:38 [DanC]
where G1 is some graph derived from a representation [ is webarch:identifies of "http://...erics-foaf" ]
15:44:50 [Zakim]
15:44:51 [Zakim]
SW_DAWG()9:30AM has ended
15:44:52 [DanC]
(the <=> rule above has a use/mention bug)
15:44:53 [Zakim]
Attendees were AndyS, Libby_Miller, LeeF, Sven_Groppe, Kendall_Clark, EricP, EliasT, DanC, PatH
15:45:44 [ericP]
and which of <erics-foaf>, G1 will be the graph identifier in the GRAPH ??? graph patterns?
15:46:00 [ericP]
it sounds like G1
15:46:25 [ericP]
but that leaves an odd conundrum when writing the queries:
15:47:01 [ericP]
SELECT * FROM NAMED <erics-foaf> WHERE { GRAPH G1 { ?s ?p ?o } }
15:47:07 [DanC]
"http://...erics-foaf" will be the identifier in GRAPH ?? patterns.
15:48:42 [ericP]
i think i meant G1, per
15:48:44 [ericP]
2006-02-21T15:44:01Z <DanC> SELECT * FROM NAMED <erics-foaf> # results in a dataset with (<erics-foaf>, G1) in its dataset
15:49:26 [DanC]
rather: with ("http://...erics-foaf", G1) in its dataset
15:51:49 [DanC]
let { ?URI sparql:names ?GRAPH } mean: SELECT * FROM NAMED ?URI results in a dataset including (?URI, ?GRAPH). Then { ?URI sparql:names ?GRAPH } <=> { [ log:uri ?URI] log:semantics ?GRAPH }.
15:52:25 [DanC]
where log:uri is, roughly, owl:inverseOf webarch:identifies
15:52:43 [DanC]
and log:semantics is, roughly, webarch:representation (+ RDF parsing)
15:53:29 [DanC]
does that make sense? (starting with let { ...)
16:04:26 [ericP]
DanC, need to run off. read back and continue in 1.5 hr
16:04:58 [DanC]
ok. hasta.
16:05:22 [ericP]
now i need to find the chairs of SWIG and SWBP so i can send out a proposed agenda ebfore i leave
16:05:34 [ericP]
2 chairs for SWIG, 1 for SWBP, iirc
16:06:37 [ericP]
only danbri listed for SWIG. weak
17:08:49 [EliasT]
EliasT has joined #dawg
17:12:28 [DanC]
ugh. bunch of broken links in rq23
17:49:59 [AndyS]
Serious breaks?
17:55:37 [DanC]
serious enough to stop publication. You're copied on the webmaster's reply of 21 Feb 2006 11:55:00 -0500
17:55:55 [DanC]
17:55:55 [DanC]
What to do: The link is broken. Fix it NOW!
17:55:55 [DanC]
Response status code: 404
17:56:06 [DanC]
I wonder if I introduced that one
17:56:16 [DanC]
17:56:16 [DanC]
What to do: The link is forbidden! This needs fixing. Usual suspects: a missing index.html or Overview.html, or a missing ACL.
17:56:16 [DanC]
17:56:29 [DanC]
I'm pretty sure I didn't do this one:
17:56:29 [DanC]
17:56:29 [DanC]
What to do: The link is broken. Fix it NOW!
17:56:49 [AndyS]
I'll look at it now.
17:57:06 [DanC]
if you fix in rq23, I can apply patches to /TR/
17:57:07 [AndyS]
Shoudl I change rq23?
17:57:19 [DanC]
17:57:37 [AndyS]
And it has to be propagted to the publishable version by you?
17:58:27 [AndyS]
It's just a missing # - one occurence
18:03:24 [DanC]
has to be propagated by somebody; I doubt you have CVS write access, though you're welcome to try. You could ask Matthew to apply some patches. I can probably get to it later today, though
18:04:03 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #dawg
18:05:18 [ericP]
AndyS, where'd you get to on rq23 b0rken links?
18:05:49 [AndyS]
One moment - running the validator
18:06:25 [ericP]
standing by to apply patches
18:08:24 [AndyS]
There is an href="rHEX" which should be href="#rHEX" (one times)
18:08:40 [AndyS]
Quite a few more - give me some time.
18:09:24 [ericP]
18:09:41 [AndyS]
href="#defn_SPARQLQueryString" - # missing (x1)
18:09:53 [ericP]
standing by in a doing-day-job-at-the-same-time way
18:11:21 [AndyS]
WD-rdf-sparql-query-20060220/parsers/ needs an index.html - no - gets 403 so I presume its OK really
18:12:15 [AndyS]
In CVS log: - a message from you about xsd:string/simple literal
18:13:28 [ericP]
huh. will look for it
18:14:34 [AndyS]
Don't understand "There are broken fragments which must be fixed." then long, long list of lines
18:15:48 [ericP]
below there should be a list of the fragments in question
18:18:38 [AndyS]
They don't align.
18:19:42 [AndyS]
Can you fix rHEX, defn_ and your email then rerun the validator? I'll do an HTML validation in case the link checker is confused by errors.
18:20:29 [ericP]
on it...
18:20:44 [ericP]
xsd:string link should be
18:20:57 [ericP]
18:21:25 [AndyS]
I'll change rq23.
18:22:32 [AndyS]
If rq23 == the WD draft?
18:22:40 [AndyS]
Is rq23 byte== the WD draft?
18:23:20 [ericP]
ahh, doubt it
18:24:21 [ericP]
i tend to edit in place (ensuring that WD 1.1 byte== rq23 1.???) but danc likes to keep rq23 from lying about what it is
18:24:39 [AndyS]
It's XHTML strict
18:24:46 [ericP]
i will do a CVS diff of all the fixes and apply it to the WD
18:25:12 [AndyS]
Linkchecking rq23 ...
18:25:31 [DanC]
since I'm doing this publication, indeed, rq23 will not lie about itself.
18:26:00 [AndyS]
3 patches so far:
18:26:14 [AndyS]
1/ href="rHEX" => href="#rHEX"
18:26:31 [AndyS]
2/ href="defn_SPARQLQueryString" => href="#defn_SPARQLQueryString"
18:26:56 [AndyS]
3/ CVS log at xsd:string/ ==>
18:27:29 [ericP]
18:27:42 [ericP]
roger. will try to apply the cvs diffs
18:27:46 [AndyS]
"Broken fragments and their line numbers" - the refs seem to be right - is this a linkcheck effect?
18:28:33 [DanC]
ew... line number mismatches. what a pain
18:28:41 [AndyS]
Seem to refer to valid # refs e.g.
18:28:54 [DanC]
most of the link problems should show up if you run the linkchecker on rq23 itself
18:30:31 [AndyS]
ACL problem : fixed :
18:30:41 [ericP]
i recall something funny about #nil from the last pub
18:30:59 [ericP]
s/recall something/recall that there was something/
18:31:42 [AndyS]
checking : defn_BGPequiv ...
18:31:58 [AndyS]
Need to merge the two <a id=> as :
18:32:05 [AndyS]
<p><b>Definition:</b> <a name="defn_BGPequiv">Basic Graph Pattern equivalence</a></p>
18:35:06 [AndyS]
Rechecking ...
18:40:31 [AndyS]
No red in summary. Just "Broken fragments and their line numbers: They need to be fixed!" which I don't understand as it looks right (and does not appear in the table)
18:44:10 [AndyS]
OK - assuming I'm done now.
18:44:25 [AndyS]
Will be online later on
18:56:58 [ericP]
updated. off to buy beer. work on rq23 upon successful completion of that mission
19:22:48 [AndyS]
AndyS has joined #dawg
19:24:20 [AndyS]
Back - how are those #refs from the link checker?
19:34:20 [DanC]
AndyS, I see ericP claimed victory. Hmm... I'm 4 min late for my next telcon. Maybe I'll pass on that one.
19:34:55 [ericP]
claimed victory?
19:36:48 [DanC]
<ericP> updated. off to buy beer. work on rq23 upon successful completion of that mission
19:36:58 [DanC]
oh... I read "successful completion" too quickly
19:37:06 [ericP]
yes, i have beer
19:37:15 [DanC]
I think I'll join you... brb...
19:37:19 [ericP]
and i can prove it
19:38:17 [DanC]
now *there*s a turing test... prove you have beer, over IRC
19:38:39 [ericP]
now jump up and down. what's your stomach feel like?
19:39:02 [ericP]
how intelligent does a person have to be to pass a turing test?
19:39:30 [DanC]
I bet my beer's cheaper than yours.
19:39:48 [DanC]
Milwaukee's best. aka the beast. $5.50/12-pack
19:40:25 [ericP]
but mine has more trappist monk elbow greese in it
19:41:28 [ericP]
any reason not to add a trailing slash to ?
19:41:45 [ericP]
i can't think of any, but wonder if someone had a good reason for leaving it off
19:41:45 [DanC]
because the title page of that note gives a uri with no trailing /
19:41:53 [ericP]
aha. see?
19:42:17 [DanC]
it doesn't matter a whole lot. but I prefer that if a doc says "this is my URI" that we take it at its word
19:44:36 [ericP]
i think the linkchecker gives an error on because it doesn't know how to resolve application/rdf+xml fragments
19:45:09 [DanC]
yeah... why do we link to that?
19:45:29 [ericP]
19:45:30 [ericP]
The form <code>()</code> is an alternative for the IRI <code>rdf:nil</code>
19:45:31 [ericP]
which is&nbsp; <code><a href=">"></a></code>.
19:45:34 [ericP]
19:46:08 [DanC]
seems like just mentioning that URI would have been enough, but OK
19:46:17 [ericP]
it's a rendered (in your face) URL in the text
19:46:39 [DanC]
yes, the in-your-face-ness is necessary. the link... is ok, I guess
19:48:26 [DanC]
$ patch Overview.html <~/w3ccvs/WWW/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/,link-fixes
19:48:31 [DanC]
Hunk #6 FAILED at 6270.
19:49:12 [DanC]
ah... that's the CVS log
19:49:56 [ericP]
i just commited 1.651 . is that in your patch set?
19:50:07 [DanC]
hmm... if we were using one of the modern version control systems (hg in particular), this would be easier.
19:50:44 [DanC]
no, I'm only up to 1.650 so far...
19:51:49 [ericP]
oops, 651 includes , which i had written down before you noted that they elide the trailing link in the spec
19:51:59 [ericP]
worth another pass?
19:52:12 [DanC]
saw that trailing / ; applied it.
19:52:39 [ericP]
other than that, it's set to go (once we convince that is a valid uriref)
19:53:02 [DanC]
I'll note #nil in mail to webreq
19:53:14 [DanC]
can you stand by while I note issues#rdfSemantics in SOTD?
19:54:06 [ericP]
19:54:16 [ericP]
i noted #nil in the last go-round, btw
19:56:05 [DanC]
so... if somebody stopped you in the hall and asked you why we're doing this WD, what would you say?
19:58:30 [DanC] v v 1.8 2006/02/21 19:57:49
19:58:33 [DanC]
pls review SOTD
19:58:51 [DanC]
oh... say... what did you guys do about an index.html for /parsers/ ?
19:58:55 [DanC]
19:59:24 [DanC]
hmm... no changes in rq23/parsers/
19:59:44 [LeeF]
It looks good to me, DanC
19:59:58 [DanC]
v1.8 that is, Leef?
20:00:01 [DanC]
20:00:24 [LeeF]
double checking
20:00:33 [LeeF]
20:01:23 [ericP]
i see no index.html
20:01:41 [DanC]
$ (echo <ul>; for i in *.* do; echo "<li><a href='$i'>$i</a></li>"; done)
20:01:53 [DanC]
why am I getting: bash: syntax error near unexpected token `;'
20:02:25 [DanC]
20:03:01 [LeeF]
quote the first <ul>?
20:03:24 [LeeF]
also, you're missing a </ul> :-)
20:03:35 [DanC]
I'm gonna pipe it into tidy
20:03:48 [DanC]
$ (echo "<ul>"; for i in *.* do; echo "<li><a href='$i'>$i</a></li>"; done)
20:03:48 [DanC]
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `echo'
20:03:50 [DanC]
20:04:43 [DanC]
$ (echo "<ul>"; for i in *.*; do echo "<li><a href="$i">$i</a></li>"; done;)
20:04:45 [ericP]
s/do;/; do/
20:04:51 [ericP]
beat me
20:05:07 [DanC]
I use to sit next to tchrist. "csh considered harmful" is not just an essay; it's a way of life ;-)
20:05:34 [LeeF]
ah well, i've just never broken the habit... and i do my shell scripting in perl anyway :)
20:06:06 [DanC]
perl is better indeed... I wonder why my sh muscle flexed before my perl muscle in this case
20:06:45 [AndyS]
Bourne shell is the true shell - csh is the road to ... well - Berkeley actually.
20:07:16 [DanC]
20:07:26 [DanC]
DataAccess/rq23/parsers/index.html,v <-- index.html
20:07:26 [DanC]
initial revision: 1.1
20:08:05 [DanC]
TR/2006/WD-rdf-sparql-query-20060220/parsers/index.html,v <-- index.html
20:08:05 [DanC]
initial revision: 1.1
20:08:19 [LeeF]
I can think of worse places to end up than Berkeley. (*stares out the window at Winter.*)
20:08:40 [DanC]
still getting error in defns... Lines
20:08:40 [DanC]
defn_BGPequivlines 236, 238
20:08:51 [ericP]
LeeF, you're in Berkeley CA?
20:08:53 [DanC]
i.e. in
20:08:59 [LeeF]
no, i'm in Cambridge, MA
20:09:07 [LeeF]
I long for the "winters" of Berkeley
20:09:15 [AndyS]
It's just up the road from here. It has a castle.
20:09:19 [DanC]
ericp, I just finished my beer. I don't like to drink alone. will you join me in another?
20:09:29 [ericP]
good. no missed geeking opportunity (i was in CA last week)
20:09:45 [ericP]
DanC, .5 way into 2nd, but hugo helping me
20:09:46 [DanC]
do you have that PathCross demo working yet, LeeF ? ;-)
20:09:51 [ericP]
so hard to calibrate
20:10:06 [DanC]
somebody fix sparql-defns.html for me? Andy?
20:10:15 [LeeF]
If I answer "yes", are you going to ask to see it?
20:10:19 [LeeF]
20:10:25 [ericP]
but please, join us in a fine trappist ale or whatever you have on hand
20:10:32 [LeeF]
We're starting less ambitious.
20:10:49 [LeeF]
Integrating data from with ical-2-rdf data and maybe throwing in some FOAF for good measure
20:11:40 [AndyS]
Looking at sparql-defs ...
20:11:55 [ericP]
DanC, make defns.html did somehting on my box, but i presume that's not helpful
20:12:42 [DanC]
see andy's reply to my publication request
20:13:46 [DanC]
(for those following at home, it's copied to w3c-archive)
20:15:13 [AndyS]
fixing ...
20:16:08 [AndyS]
.. fixed
20:16:34 [SteveH]
SteveH has joined #dawg
20:17:01 [AndyS]
Will it check in - it was a temp tidy that I had to use for those that wanted defns all in one place.
20:17:30 [DanC]
at your earliest convenience, AndyS
20:17:38 [DanC]
we just need the output, for now
20:17:50 [AndyS]
Tomorrow - its' at work and I'm not.
20:18:12 [AndyS]
I just hand edited the file by taking the correct bit from rq23
20:18:18 [AndyS]
Hi Steve
20:18:27 [SteveH]
Hi Andy
20:18:39 [DanC]
ah... this is a dup anchor. I have it in an emacs buffer, but I'll stand by for Andy's commit for a bit
20:19:15 [DanC]
SteveH, have I thanked you for editing the SPARQL test suite to date? Thanks! (again, perhaps)
20:19:26 [AndyS]
Is done.
20:19:27 [DanC]
I'm curious about your interest in doing so going forward.
20:19:39 [DanC]
P sparql-defns.html
20:20:08 [SteveH]
DanC, my pleasure, not that I've really done much
20:20:34 [SteveH]
DanC, on the subject, I probably need to get someone else to take over, ive taken a new job recently and i'm very short of time
20:20:43 [DanC]
20:20:54 [SteveH]
I should mail the list with my (pending) change of affilition too
20:21:21 [DanC]
you've got me curious. Where are you headed?
20:21:24 [libby]
steveH, where to?
20:22:09 [SteveH]
DanC, I'm working for a startup, thier not W3C members yet, cos I havent done the paperwork, but will be ASAP
20:22:24 [DanC]
hmm... what is examples.html ? are we publishing that? the link checker is complaining
20:22:47 [DanC]
ooh... bitten by the start-up bug. Whee!
20:23:35 [DanC]
Revision 1.592 2005/12/16 23:05:15 eric + added examples.css for <a href="examples.html">examples document</a> <- I propose to strike that link
20:25:00 [DanC]
struck in v 1.9 2006/02/21 20:24:46
20:25:31 [DanC]
round N+1 with the link checker...
20:26:38 [DanC]
re not done much... well, SteveH , as far as I can remember, you did everything you said you would do. entirely reliable.
20:27:41 [SteveH]
I hope I did what I said, I hate letting people down, but I have a terrible memory
20:27:43 [DanC]
ok, all thumbs up from the link checker, save , which is not our fault. sending again...
20:30:29 [DanC]
webreq sent, again.
20:37:41 [AndyS]
AndyS has left #dawg
20:42:19 [SteveH]
whats the URL for the Mar 2-3 all hands stuff? I can remember if I registered
20:43:51 [DanC]
registration is ; ericp hasn't made an ftf page, though he emailed an agenda update today
20:44:20 [DanC] does *not* show you registered to attend
20:47:36 [SteveH]
thanks, just registering
21:19:01 [SteveH]
SteveH has joined #dawg
21:43:16 [DanC]
DanC has changed the topic to: SPARQL QL 20 Feb released; joins SPARQL Protocol at last call.
23:07:21 [SteveH]
SteveH has left #dawg
23:39:16 [libby]
libby has joined #dawg