IRC log of dawg on 2006-02-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:30:02 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dawg
14:30:02 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/02/07-dawg-irc
14:30:29 [LeeF]
Chair: DanC
14:30:30 [Zakim]
SW_DAWG()9:30AM has now started
14:30:32 [DanC]
agenda + DAWG records and semweb best practices
14:30:33 [LeeF]
Scribe: LeeF
14:30:37 [Zakim]
+??P2
14:30:50 [LeeF]
Regrets: EricP, KendallC, libby, SteveH
14:30:55 [AndyS]
zakim, ??P2 is me
14:30:55 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
14:30:59 [LeeF]
Meeting: DAWG Weekly
14:31:23 [Zakim]
+DanC
14:31:32 [Zakim]
+[IBMCambridge]
14:31:36 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:31:38 [LeeF]
Zakim, IBMCambridge is me
14:31:38 [Zakim]
+LeeF; got it
14:31:47 [patH]
patH has joined #dawg
14:31:48 [jeen]
Zakim, [IPcaller] is me
14:31:48 [Zakim]
+jeen; got it
14:31:52 [Zakim]
+PatH
14:32:05 [DanC]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006JanMar/att-0347/dawg-minutes-2006-01-31.html minutes 31 Jan
14:32:59 [DanC]
ACTION: KC to work on edited changelog since 2005-09-14 LCWD
14:33:03 [DanC]
-- continues
14:33:09 [DanC]
ACTION: KC to update protocol references to [SRD] and WSDL
14:33:12 [DanC]
-- continues
14:33:35 [DanC]
agenda + SPARQL format spec announcement (ACTION: EricP to arrange for announcement of results format spec)
14:34:05 [DanC]
agenda + protocol, syntax extensibility (ACTION: EricP to provide a "SPARQL++" example query in the accessingCollections neighborhood ACTION: KC to add an example of a "SPARQL++" query in the spec, and think about a separate interface )
14:34:39 [DanC]
agenda + rdfSemantics comments (ACTION: DanC to complete response to Barstow ACTION: patH to respond to PFPS comments ACTION: AndyS to draft reply to Wood )
14:35:14 [DanC]
agenda + Toward updated QL WD ACTION: AndyS to propose a publication plan
14:36:00 [DanC]
let's continue testing actions on JosD, AndyS, EricP, DanC, and DaveB without discussion (see bottom of http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/weekly-agenda )
14:36:12 [DanC]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
14:36:12 [Zakim]
On the phone I see AndyS, DanC, LeeF, jeen, PatH
14:36:16 [DanC]
Zakim, agenda?
14:36:16 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda:
14:36:17 [Zakim]
1. Convene (or cancel), take roll, review records and agenda [from DanC]
14:36:20 [Zakim]
2. DAWG records and semweb best practices [from DanC]
14:36:22 [Zakim]
3. SPARQL format spec announcement (ACTION: EricP to arrange for announcement of results format spec) [from DanC]
14:36:25 [Zakim]
4. protocol, syntax extensibility (ACTION: EricP to provide a "SPARQL++" example query in the accessingCollections neighborhood ACTION: KC to add an example of a "SPARQL++" query
14:36:29 [Zakim]
... in the spec, and think about a separate interface ) [from DanC]
14:36:32 [Zakim]
5. rdfSemantics comments (ACTION: DanC to complete response to Barstow ACTION: patH to respond to PFPS comments ACTION: AndyS to draft reply to Wood ) [from DanC]
14:36:35 [EliasT]
EliasT has joined #dawg
14:36:35 [Zakim]
6. Toward updated QL WD ACTION: AndyS to propose a publication plan [from DanC]
14:36:36 [Zakim]
+[IBMCambridge]
14:36:41 [EliasT]
Zakim, IBMCambridge is me
14:36:41 [Zakim]
+EliasT; got it
14:36:43 [AndyS]
What action on AndyS?
14:37:01 [DanC]
indeed, that's done.
14:37:17 [DanC]
Zakim, take up item 1
14:37:17 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Convene (or cancel), take roll, review records and agenda" taken up [from DanC]
14:38:38 [JosDeRoo]
JosDeRoo has joined #dawg
14:39:33 [DanC]
PROPOSED: to approve minutes 31 Jan
14:40:04 [DanC]
so RESOLVEd.
14:40:28 [Zakim]
+Jos_De_Roo
14:40:53 [LeeF]
Next meeting -- 14th Feb
14:41:02 [DanC]
Zakim, pick a scribe?
14:41:02 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, DanC.
14:41:13 [LeeF]
Next meeting -- 14th Feb -- Scribe = EliasT
14:41:30 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
14:41:30 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "DAWG records and semweb best practices" taken up [from DanC]
14:42:05 [DanC]
http://www.w3.org/2003/11/rdf-in-xhtml-demo
14:42:20 [DanC]
. http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/
14:42:33 [EliasT]
EliasT has joined #dawg
14:42:42 [DanC]
http://www.w3.org/2003/11/rdf-in-xhtml-demo
14:42:47 [DanC]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/
14:43:03 [AndyS]
I get parse error :-(
14:43:05 [LeeF]
DanC: DAWG records are variously formalized -- GRDDL demo service at http://www.w3.org/2003/11/rdf-in-xhtml-demo -- try with http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/ to see some RDF/XML
14:43:43 [AndyS]
Show source
14:43:53 [DanC]
http://groups.csail.mit.edu/dig/2005/ajar/ajaw/tab.html
14:45:26 [DanC]
signed.applets.codebase_principal_support
14:45:47 [LeeF]
14:45:47 [LeeF]
DanC: To get around privileges error -- go to about:config and set signed.applets.codebase_principal_support = true
14:47:14 [LeeF]
1) Go to http://groups.csail.mit.edu/dig/2005/ajar/ajaw/tab.html
14:47:30 [LeeF]
2) Input http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/ in the URI: form box
14:47:35 [LeeF]
3) Add to outliner
14:47:53 [LeeF]
3b) If privileges error, start a new tab, and iput "about:config" in the address bar
14:48:03 [LeeF]
3c) type "principal" (no quotes) in the filter box
14:48:07 [LeeF]
3d) change setting value to true
14:48:59 [LeeF]
3a) Click blue globe next to http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/
14:49:06 [LeeF]
3e) retry 3a
14:49:32 [Zakim]
+EricP
14:50:41 [Zakim]
-EricP
14:51:35 [Zakim]
+EricP
14:57:37 [ericP]
+
14:58:04 [ericP]
gnuclient?
14:58:50 [AndyS]
In FF, view source is OK (and cheap to implement)
14:59:42 [EliasT]
http://opensourcetesting.org/unit_javascript.php
14:59:49 [DanC]
-> http://eulersharp.sourceforge.net/2006/02swap/euler.js euler.js
14:59:58 [DanC]
^ prolog engine in 85 lines of prolog
15:00:11 [DanC]
^ prolog engine in 85 lines of javascript, rather
15:00:36 [DanC]
-> http://dannyayers.com/archives/2006/02/06/least-power/ Danny Ayers on Jos's euler.js
15:01:29 [DanC]
(note to self: talk to Jos at TP)
15:01:39 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
15:01:40 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "SPARQL format spec announcement (ACTION: EricP to arrange for announcement of results format spec)" taken up [from DanC]
15:02:13 [ericP]
ack ericP
15:02:20 [JosDeRoo]
Pat, try http://eulersharp.sourceforge.net/2006/02swap/graph.html and do view source
15:02:58 [patH]
Thnx Jos, got it.
15:04:39 [ericP]
http://jhart.de/component/option,com_newsfeeds/task,view/feedid,20/Itemid,58/
15:04:51 [patH]
When in doubt, don't.
15:05:52 [DanC]
we consider it sufficiently announced
15:05:55 [LeeF]
We consider the results format LC announcement sufficiently done.
15:06:00 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
15:06:00 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "protocol, syntax extensibility (ACTION: EricP to provide a "SPARQL++" example query in the accessingCollections neighborhood ACTION: KC to add an example of a
15:06:03 [Zakim]
... "SPARQL++" query in the spec, and think about a separate interface )" taken up [from DanC]
15:06:46 [LeeF]
ACTION: EricP to provide a "SPARQL++" example query in the accessingCollections neighborhood DONE
15:07:41 [DanC]
1.110 $ of $Date: 2006/01/30 14:25:50 http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/proto-wd/
15:08:31 [DanC]
doesn't yet prohibit out message in the case of a syntax error
15:09:39 [DanC]
ACTION: KC to add an example of a SPARQL++" query in the spec, and think about a separate interface [CONTINUES]
15:09:47 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
15:09:47 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "rdfSemantics comments (ACTION: DanC to complete response to Barstow ACTION: patH to respond to PFPS comments ACTION: AndyS to draft reply to Wood )" taken up [from
15:09:50 [Zakim]
... DanC]
15:10:05 [DanC]
ACTION: DanC to complete response to Barstow
15:10:19 [DanC]
-- continues
15:10:21 [DanC]
ACTION: patH to respond to PFPS comments
15:11:24 [DanC]
-- continues
15:11:49 [DanC]
ACTION: AndyS to draft reply to Wood
15:12:52 [DanC]
DONE.
15:14:26 [jeen_]
jeen_ has joined #dawg
15:15:18 [DanC]
ACTION: AndyS send reply to Wood
15:15:32 [AndyS]
Sorry - will make more noice
15:15:34 [DanC]
with "are you satisfied?" bit added and perhaps a link to issues#accessingCollections
15:16:40 [DanC]
agenda + valueTesting, xsd:string <
15:17:46 [LeeF]
DanC: current issues status doesn't make it clear who has the ball for each comment; might formalize open comments inside editors' drafts and include that in LC Status report
15:17:49 [ericP]
seems good to me
15:17:52 [ericP]
(danc)
15:17:55 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
15:17:55 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Toward updated QL WD ACTION: AndyS to propose a publication plan" taken up [from DanC]
15:19:14 [ericP]
ack ericP
15:19:34 [DanC]
AFS: I've got 5 comments, some stuff from Fred Z, ...
15:23:56 [LeeF]
DanC: Would like to have request to move to CR made before TP
15:24:08 [DanC]
ACTION DanC: draft request for CR
15:24:22 [ericP]
right
15:24:38 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
15:24:38 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "valueTesting, xsd:string <" taken up [from DanC]
15:24:38 [ericP]
i'm *quiet* at least
15:25:04 [ericP]
ack ericP
15:25:50 [AndyS]
str() does not quite get it, because of ORDER BY
15:26:33 [DanC]
PROPOSED: to
15:26:33 [DanC]
add xsd:string to 11.3 Operator Mapping and hence < and and ORDER BY
15:26:40 [DanC]
PROPOSED: add xsd:string to 11.3 Operator Mapping and hence < and and ORDER BY
15:27:02 [ericP]
not this week
15:27:19 [DanC]
ack jeen
15:27:30 [DanC]
DanC has changed the topic to: DAWG meets 7 Feb
15:27:34 [LeeF]
EliasT and I will do it
15:27:41 [LeeF]
Aye
15:27:42 [AndyS]
Thx
15:28:15 [DanC]
so RESOLVED.
15:28:35 [DanC]
RESOLVED: add xsd:string to 11.3 Operator Mapping and hence < and and ORDER BY
15:29:00 [DanC]
ACTION LeeF: work with EliasT on xsd:string tests, incl < and ORDER BY
15:29:07 [ericP]
on it
15:29:14 [DanC]
ACTION EricP: edit 11.3 Operator Mapping to add xsd:string
15:29:18 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
15:29:18 [Zakim]
I do not see any non-closed agenda items, DanC
15:29:34 [DanC]
ADJOURN
15:29:43 [LeeF]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
15:29:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/02/07-dawg-minutes.html LeeF
15:29:55 [LeeF]
RRSAgent, make logs world-access
15:30:14 [AndyS]
AndyS has left #dawg
15:30:24 [Zakim]
-AndyS
15:30:27 [Zakim]
-jeen
15:31:47 [DanC]
Zakim, mute ericP
15:31:48 [Zakim]
EricP was already muted, DanC
15:31:55 [ericP]
sorry, forgot my polarity
15:40:44 [ericP]
added xsd:string < > xsd:string to Operator Mapping --> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#OperatorMapping
15:42:18 [Zakim]
-LeeF
15:42:30 [Zakim]
-EliasT
15:42:38 [Zakim]
-PatH
15:42:40 [Zakim]
-Jos_De_Roo
15:42:42 [Zakim]
-DanC
15:42:43 [Zakim]
-EricP
15:42:44 [patH]
patH has left #dawg
15:42:45 [Zakim]
SW_DAWG()9:30AM has ended
15:42:46 [Zakim]
Attendees were AndyS, DanC, LeeF, jeen, PatH, EliasT, Jos_De_Roo, EricP
15:52:41 [DanC]
ooh... it would be really cool to have our request for CR be of the form, "if The Director agrees to X, Y, and Z, we then have a proof that we've met the entrance criteria for CR"
18:02:08 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #dawg
19:22:19 [EliasT]
EliasT has joined #dawg