IRC log of swbp on 2006-02-06

Timestamps are in UTC.

17:52:12 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #swbp
17:52:12 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-irc
17:53:44 [RalphS_]
Meeting: SWBPD WG
17:54:28 [dbooth]
dbooth has joined #swbp
17:54:28 [RalphS]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Feb/0026.html
17:54:38 [chalaschek]
chalaschek has joined #swbp
17:54:44 [RalphS]
Previous: 2006-01-23 http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes
17:54:55 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #swbp
17:55:06 [RalphS]
zakim, this will be swbp
17:55:06 [Zakim]
ok, RalphS; I see SW_BPD()1:00PM scheduled to start in 5 minutes
17:56:34 [RalphS]
[there's a glitch in our record-keeping arrangement, as the HTML TF met earlier today on this irc channel. I'll have to untangle this.]
17:57:12 [Elisa]
Elisa has joined #swbp
17:58:49 [Zakim]
SW_BPD()1:00PM has now started
17:58:56 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.930.aaaa
17:58:59 [raphael]
raphael has joined #swbp
17:59:01 [raphael]
hi all
17:59:12 [FabGandon]
FabGandon has joined #swbp
17:59:25 [Elisa]
zakim, aaaa is me
17:59:25 [Zakim]
+Elisa; got it
17:59:47 [Zakim]
+David_Wood
18:00:01 [Zakim]
+[UMD]
18:00:01 [dwood]
dwood has joined #swbp
18:00:08 [Zakim]
+Ralph
18:00:11 [benadida]
benadida has joined #swbp
18:00:29 [aliman]
aliman has joined #swbp
18:00:31 [Elisa]
zakim, mute me
18:00:31 [Zakim]
+[CWI]
18:00:32 [Zakim]
Elisa should now be muted
18:00:53 [Zakim]
+[Sophia]
18:00:54 [RalphS]
zakim, cwi is Raphael
18:00:54 [Zakim]
+Raphael; got it
18:00:54 [FabGandon]
zakim, [Sophia] is FabGandon
18:00:55 [Zakim]
+FabGandon; got it
18:00:58 [RalphS]
zakim, umd is ChrisH
18:00:58 [Zakim]
+ChrisH; got it
18:01:00 [Zakim]
+??P8
18:01:07 [RalphS]
zakim, ??p8 is DBooth
18:01:07 [Zakim]
+DBooth; got it
18:01:07 [dwood]
zakim, I am DavidW
18:01:09 [Zakim]
ok, dwood, I now associate you with David_Wood
18:01:15 [raphael]
zakim, [cwi] is raphael
18:01:15 [Zakim]
sorry, raphael, I do not recognize a party named '[cwi]'
18:01:21 [FabGandon]
Zakim, mute FabGandon
18:01:21 [Zakim]
FabGandon should now be muted
18:01:23 [raphael]
zakim, [CWI] is raphael
18:01:23 [Zakim]
sorry, raphael, I do not recognize a party named '[CWI]'
18:01:34 [dwood]
zakim, who is here?
18:01:34 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Elisa (muted), David_Wood, ChrisH, Ralph, Raphael, FabGandon (muted), DBooth
18:01:37 [Zakim]
On IRC I see aliman, benadida, dwood, FabGandon, raphael, Elisa, Zakim, chalaschek, dbooth, RRSAgent, RalphS, Guus, Steven
18:01:38 [Zakim]
+Alistair_Miles (was Guest P9 7927)
18:01:40 [Zakim]
+Alistair_Miles
18:01:57 [Zakim]
+Ben_Adida
18:01:57 [aliman]
zakim, alistair is really me
18:01:58 [Zakim]
+aliman; got it
18:02:04 [benadida]
zakim, mute me
18:02:04 [Zakim]
Ben_Adida should now be muted
18:02:10 [aliman]
zakim, mute me
18:02:10 [Zakim]
aliman should now be muted
18:02:20 [raphael]
zakim, mute me
18:02:20 [Zakim]
Raphael should now be muted
18:02:36 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
18:03:34 [Guus]
zakim, [IPCaller] is Guus
18:03:34 [Zakim]
+Guus; got it
18:03:35 [Jacco]
Jacco has joined #swbp
18:04:31 [Zakim]
+Jacco_van_Ossenbruggen
18:04:34 [EvanWallace]
EvanWallace has joined #swbp
18:04:39 [Jacco]
zakim, mute me
18:04:39 [Zakim]
Jacco_van_Ossenbruggen should now be muted
18:04:46 [benadida]
the scribing mistake may be mine
18:05:03 [TBaker]
TBaker has joined #swbp
18:05:21 [Zakim]
+Evan_Wallace
18:05:45 [dbooth]
Scribe: DBooth
18:06:03 [Elisa]
zakim, unmute me
18:06:03 [Zakim]
Elisa should no longer be muted
18:06:26 [Zakim]
+Tom_Baker
18:06:38 [Guus]
zakim, who is here?
18:06:38 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Elisa, David_Wood, ChrisH, Ralph, Raphael (muted), FabGandon (muted), DBooth, aliman (muted), Ben_Adida (muted), Guus, Jacco_van_Ossenbruggen (muted),
18:06:41 [Zakim]
... Evan_Wallace, Tom_Baker
18:06:42 [Zakim]
On IRC I see TBaker, EvanWallace, Jacco, aliman, benadida, dwood, FabGandon, raphael, Elisa, Zakim, chalaschek, dbooth, RRSAgent, RalphS, Guus, Steven
18:07:02 [dwood]
Regrets: Jeremy, Jeff Pan, Libby, Gary, Brian McBride
18:07:34 [dbooth]
Regrets+ Deb-McGuinness
18:07:47 [dbooth]
Topic: Admin
18:08:09 [dwood]
Minutes from 12 Dec: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Jan/0014.html
18:08:56 [dwood]
Minutes from 9 Jan: http://www.w3.org/2006/01/09-swbp-minutes
18:09:08 [dbooth]
DWood: We didn't record accepting some of our previous minutes.
18:09:09 [dwood]
Minutes from 23 Jan: http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes
18:09:42 [RalphS]
-> http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html 2005-12-12 record in HTML form
18:10:00 [dbooth]
RESOLVED: Accept minutes of 12 Dec, 9 Jan and 23 Jan.
18:10:09 [dwood]
PROPOSED next meeting 20 February 2006
18:10:37 [RalphS]
20 Feb is a US Holiday
18:11:23 [dbooth]
RESOLVED: next meeting 20 February 2006
18:11:26 [RalphS]
(I expect I will attend on the holiday if the WG meets then)
18:11:43 [benadida]
zakim, unmute me
18:11:43 [Zakim]
Ben_Adida should no longer be muted
18:12:12 [TBaker]
q+ to propose Cookbook for Working Draft
18:12:17 [benadida]
zakim, mute me
18:12:17 [Zakim]
Ben_Adida should now be muted
18:12:32 [dwood]
ack TBaker
18:12:32 [Zakim]
TBaker, you wanted to propose Cookbook for Working Draft
18:12:48 [dbooth]
DWood: Other agenda for today?
18:12:58 [dbooth]
Ben: RDF/A Primer
18:13:20 [benadida]
yes!
18:13:33 [TBaker]
thank you!
18:13:49 [aliman]
zakim, unmute me
18:13:49 [Zakim]
aliman should no longer be muted
18:13:50 [dbooth]
Topic: 2.1 Proposed resolution httpRange-14
18:15:43 [dbooth]
Alistair: DBooth had action to request clarification from TAG on the issue, and I had a VM TF action to ask whether 302 redirects are okay, so I drafted something boiling it down to whether hTTP responses are assertions. That also seemed like what was underlying a lot of discussion on the thread and whether it is okay to use a URI to name a person. I thought the httpRange-14 decision was to the effect that HTTP response is an assertion.
18:16:08 [dbooth]
.... Pat Hayes said he doesn't think this is a good idea to ask, that this is still a research question. DWood also commented.
18:16:16 [RalphS]
+1 to Pat Haye's arguments being well worth reading
18:16:25 [RalphS]
s/ye's/yes'/
18:16:39 [dbooth]
q+
18:16:48 [dwood]
ackk dbooth
18:16:55 [dwood]
ack dbooth
18:17:07 [RalphS]
DBooth: my view has shifted as a result of the email discussion
18:17:26 [RalphS]
... I had felt that AWWW said that what the RDF/A Primer is doing should not be done
18:17:50 [RalphS]
... but after reading Pat Hayes' and Jeremy's remarks I see there is a different interpretation of the TAG's writings
18:18:01 [Zakim]
+??P13
18:18:04 [aliman]
q+ to say something about webarch
18:18:05 [RalphS]
... I don't think it would be advisable to force the question right now
18:18:22 [RalphS]
DavidW: is there a different question that is worth asking the TAG?
18:18:22 [dbooth]
q+ to say I think we can sidestep the issue
18:18:40 [jacco_]
jacco_ has joined #swbp
18:19:24 [dbooth]
Ralph: I had been skeptical about whether it's worth asking the TAG to resolve anything, because I didn't feel it was likely they would answer quickly, so i'm confortable not pushing them on this.
18:19:44 [dbooth]
DWood: How about a purely SemWeb interpretation of the rang-14 issue?
18:21:11 [dbooth]
Ralph: Not sure that's the best use of our time in the WG. But publishing the docs that we are publishing (RDF/A Primer, Apache Config Cookbook), both docs can touch on this question. i hope there will be several venues in which this issue is discussed (including this WG), but having an objective to resolve this in the next few months may be reaching too far.
18:21:33 [dbooth]
q?
18:22:00 [dwood]
ack aliman
18:22:00 [Zakim]
aliman, you wanted to say something about webarch
18:23:20 [dbooth]
Alistair: When I first read the TAG's httpRange-14 decision, the way I read it, I thought that the implied position was that an HTTP response is effectively an assertion, and I think quite a few other people read it that way as well. It could be useful to ask the question of the TAG. They could then say no, that isn't what we mean.
18:23:32 [dwood]
ack dbooth
18:23:32 [Zakim]
dbooth, you wanted to say I think we can sidestep the issue
18:23:49 [RalphS]
DBooth: it's reasonable to send a question to the TAG
18:24:00 [RalphS]
... with regard to our documents we can side-step the issue
18:24:18 [RalphS]
... as it really comes down to the particular usage of an ontology; whether that particular usage runs into the issue
18:24:51 [jacco_]
jacco_ has changed the topic to: SWBPD TF agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Feb/0026.html
18:24:53 [dbooth]
Ralph: I'm okay with posing the question to the TAG. Don't know howw much background we need to supply on it.
18:25:00 [Elisa]
zakim, mute me
18:25:00 [Zakim]
Elisa should now be muted
18:25:28 [dbooth]
q+
18:25:36 [dwood]
ack dbooth
18:26:08 [RalphS]
DBooth: my interpretation now is that an HTTP response is an assertion but that assertion is different from what I originally expected
18:26:17 [RalphS]
... and perhaps also different from what Alistair and Pat expected
18:26:54 [RalphS]
... I don't want the TAG to think the WG is asking a question because we are waiting for a response but rather note that we ran into the question and found confusion in the area
18:27:05 [Guus]
suggest that DavidB takes this action
18:27:10 [RalphS]
Ralph: "we noted some ambiguity ..."
18:27:24 [Elisa]
zakim, unmute me
18:27:24 [Zakim]
Elisa should no longer be muted
18:27:36 [aliman]
zakim, mute me
18:27:36 [Zakim]
aliman should now be muted
18:27:37 [RalphS]
ACTION: DBooth draft a new message to the TAG noting the ambiguity remaining in httpRange-14 and HTTP responses
18:27:45 [dbooth]
ACTION: DBooth to draft TAG message noting confusion about meaning httpRange-14 decision
18:28:06 [dbooth]
Topic: 2.2 OMG: ODM review
18:29:16 [dbooth]
Elisa: No tools for QVT to validate. Delayed to April hoping for tools. Can drop Jeremy's action.
18:29:20 [dbooth]
DROPPED: ACTION: jeremy to review OWL chapter of ODM
18:29:46 [dbooth]
Topic: 2.3 Other
18:30:07 [dbooth]
Elisa: I did review the WSDL 2.0 --> RDF mapping verbally.
18:30:18 [dbooth]
DONE: ACTION: Elisa to review WSDL 2.0 RDF Mapping
18:30:35 [Elisa]
zakim, mute me
18:30:35 [Zakim]
Elisa should now be muted
18:31:07 [dbooth]
PENDING: ACTION: Guus to arrange telecon between himself, Alistair [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action07]
18:32:25 [aliman]
guus did you just say you sent a mail to pfwg to arrange a telecon?
18:32:33 [dbooth]
Topic: 3.1 PORT - Porting Thesaurii to RDF and OWL (Alistair)
18:32:44 [aliman]
zakim, unmute me
18:32:44 [Zakim]
aliman should no longer be muted
18:32:56 [Elisa]
zakim, unmute me
18:32:56 [Zakim]
Elisa should no longer be muted
18:33:00 [dbooth]
Alistair: Nothing to report
18:33:21 [dbooth]
Ralph: Still expecting to do another WG of SKOS?
18:33:25 [dbooth]
Alistair: Undecided.
18:33:27 [dbooth]
Topic: 3.2 OEP - Ontology Engineering and Patterns (Deb/Chris)
18:33:29 [RalphS]
s/WG/WD/
18:33:57 [Zakim]
-David_Wood
18:34:05 [dbooth]
Elisa: Had a call last week. Chris and Allen working with Ralph. Action is now mine to work with Ralph to put it into CVS.
18:34:23 [Zakim]
+David_Wood
18:34:44 [dbooth]
ACTION: Elisa to work with Ralph to make lasted doc avail on CVS [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action11]
18:35:05 [Guus]
wrt Action PFWG: it was rephrased as: "[NEW] ACTION: Guus to finish action of 2.4 within 1 week [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action02]"
18:35:25 [dbooth]
[DBooth to fill in action updates from Elisa's email]
18:35:30 [RalphS]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Feb/0027.html Elisa's report on action status for OEP actions
18:35:37 [Guus]
and i took the original action text for the agenda as it was clearer
18:35:59 [dbooth]
Elisa: Still outstanding: Deb needs to be sure all comments are captured from Galway mtg.
18:36:09 [dbooth]
... (on integration note).
18:36:10 [RalphS]
(hmm, actually, 0027 doesn't have the detail I'd thought)
18:36:37 [RalphS]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Feb/0042.html [ALL/OEP] Minutes of 2006-01-30 Telecon [Elisa 2006-02-06]
18:36:39 [dbooth]
... QCR note is being reconstructed after Chris's hard drive crash. Should be fine.
18:36:48 [RalphS]
(0042 has more action status detail)
18:37:10 [dbooth]
Guus: Voted on both notes alreadY?
18:37:30 [dbooth]
Elisa: Not sure. One minor change needed on QCR from Alan.
18:38:17 [dbooth]
ACTION: Deb to contact Chris and get status [recorded in
18:38:17 [dbooth]
http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action08]
18:38:17 [dbooth]
DONE
18:38:25 [dbooth]
ACTION: Deb to report the plan of OEP [recorded in
18:38:25 [dbooth]
http://www.w3.org/2006/01/09-swbp-minutes.html#action03]
18:38:26 [dbooth]
DONE
18:39:05 [dbooth]
ACTION: Guus to incorporate Alistair's comments into revised
18:39:05 [dbooth]
draft of QCR draft, based on Alan's revision
18:39:05 [dbooth]
[http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action19]
18:39:06 [dbooth]
PENDING
18:39:19 [dbooth]
ACTION: Chris to move todo's to the changes section
18:39:19 [dbooth]
[http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action12]
18:39:20 [dbooth]
PENDING
18:39:32 [dbooth]
s/todo/QCR todo/
18:39:50 [dbooth]
ACTION: Raphael Georgios S, Fabien, Phil to review Semantic
18:39:50 [dbooth]
Integration note [http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action15]
18:39:51 [dbooth]
DONE
18:40:02 [raphael]
zakim, unmute me
18:40:02 [Zakim]
Raphael should no longer be muted
18:40:05 [raphael]
q+
18:40:07 [raphael]
q+
18:40:29 [FabGandon]
Zakim, unmute FabGandon
18:40:29 [Zakim]
FabGandon should no longer be muted
18:40:36 [RalphS]
zakim, ??p13 is probably Mike_Uschold
18:40:36 [Zakim]
+Mike_Uschold?; got it
18:41:09 [dbooth]
Mike: Had a meeting where we made a detailed plan for the Note. I updated a new draft, much more detailed. Missing code examples. Chris Benzel will fill in code examples. Deb McGuiness will add an example at the end of the note.
18:41:23 [dwood]
ack Raphael
18:41:46 [dbooth]
Raphael: Still the version of 3 Nov. Is there a new URI for the latest version?
18:41:51 [aliman]
what's the URI for the sem integration note?
18:42:06 [dbooth]
ACTION: Mike to put up latest version of the sem integration note
18:42:35 [dbooth]
Mike: You could review structure now or wait for complete draft.
18:42:57 [RalphS]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/OEP/ points to http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/OEP/SemInt/ (currently dated 3 Nov 2005)
18:43:04 [raphael]
zakim, unmute me
18:43:04 [Zakim]
Raphael was not muted, raphael
18:43:11 [FabGandon]
Zakim, mute FabGandon
18:43:11 [Zakim]
FabGandon should now be muted
18:43:18 [raphael]
zakim, mute me
18:43:18 [Zakim]
Raphael should now be muted
18:43:38 [dbooth]
ACTION: Raphael Georgios S, Fabien, Phil to review Semantic Integration note [http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action15]
18:43:44 [dbooth]
CONTINUED
18:44:01 [dbooth]
ACTION: Evan to send note to Feng on discussion of semantics
18:44:01 [dbooth]
[http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action13]
18:44:08 [dbooth]
DONE
18:44:26 [dbooth]
Elisa: Evan pointed out an issue with the domain language.
18:44:45 [dbooth]
s/semantics/semantics in time ontology note/
18:44:58 [dbooth]
s/DONE/CONTINUED/
18:45:14 [dbooth]
ACTION: Guus to review OWL Time note [recorded in [recorded
18:45:14 [dbooth]
in http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action09]
18:45:19 [dbooth]
CONTINUED
18:46:00 [RalphS]
action#17 is to get part-whole ready for publication
18:46:21 [dbooth]
Elisa: Regarding part/whole note, Chris is reconstructing it from hard drive crash.
18:46:59 [Guus]
q+
18:46:59 [dbooth]
ACTION: Chris and Alan to work with Ralph to make [recorded
18:46:59 [dbooth]
in http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action17]
18:47:03 [dbooth]
CONTINUED
18:48:23 [dbooth]
Elisa: N-ary relations note is waiting on a new ordering pattern from Pat Hayes. Currently ordering of flight segments is implicit. Pat has the action to fix this; not sure of how to get it into the note.
18:49:01 [dbooth]
... Discussion of additional potential notes. Chris has asked for a Fluents note.
18:49:02 [RalphS]
"Chris is working on a Fluents note, " -- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Feb/0042.html
18:50:20 [Guus]
q?
18:50:21 [dbooth]
Elisa: Been talking about units of measure, what will happen to OEP. Suggestion was to ask OEP to be rechartered. Chris might participate at a lower level. No conclusion but we thought it is a good idea for it to move forward.
18:51:51 [jacco_]
zakim, unmute me
18:51:51 [Zakim]
Jacco_van_Ossenbruggen should no longer be muted
18:51:58 [Elisa]
zakim, mute me
18:51:58 [Zakim]
Elisa should now be muted
18:52:02 [RalphS]
ACTION: Ralph add link to minutes of f2f on WG home page
18:52:11 [dbooth]
Guus: We only approved the Part/Whole note at the Galway F2F.
18:52:19 [RalphS]
ACTION: Ralph check for link to minutes of March 2005 f2f on WG home page
18:52:44 [jacco_]
zakim, mute me
18:52:44 [Zakim]
Jacco_van_Ossenbruggen should now be muted
18:53:05 [Guus]
q-
18:53:29 [dbooth]
Topic: 3.3 WordNet (Aldo)
18:53:54 [dbooth]
Guus: Mark has made a new version. Handles all comments so far. Want reviewers.
18:54:07 [RalphS]
-> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/WNET/wn-conversion.html RDF/OWL Representation of WordNet $Id: wn-conversion.html,v 1.5 2006/02/02 13:23:29 mvanasse Exp $
18:54:14 [dbooth]
... Main addition: Added intro for how to use it.
18:54:20 [jacco_]
zakim, unmute me
18:54:20 [Zakim]
Jacco_van_Ossenbruggen should no longer be muted
18:54:55 [jacco_]
action: jacco to review wn
18:54:56 [dbooth]
ACTION: Jacco to do second review of WordNet doc
18:55:03 [TBaker]
zakim, unmute me
18:55:03 [Zakim]
sorry, TBaker, I do not see a party named 'TBaker'
18:55:16 [RalphS]
action- 16
18:55:18 [dbooth]
ACTION: Guus to ask Brian to review Wordnet doc
18:55:28 [dbooth]
ACTION: Guus to bring issue wrt URI space for ontologies
18:55:28 [dbooth]
[http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action14]
18:55:28 [dbooth]
DONE
18:55:32 [jacco_]
zakim, mute me
18:55:32 [Zakim]
Jacco_van_Ossenbruggen should now be muted
18:56:18 [TBaker]
zakim, Tom_Baker is really me
18:56:18 [Zakim]
+TBaker; got it
18:56:25 [TBaker]
zakim, unmute me
18:56:25 [Zakim]
TBaker should no longer be muted
18:56:35 [dwood]
q?
18:56:44 [dbooth]
Topic: 3.4 XSCH - XML Schema Datatypes (Jeremy)
18:57:18 [Zakim]
-FabGandon
18:57:18 [jacco__]
jacco__ has joined #swbp
18:57:34 [dwood]
The editors hence propose publishing:
18:57:34 [dwood]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/XSCH/xsch-sw-20060127/
18:57:34 [dwood]
as a WG Note.
18:57:43 [Guus]
URI for my WNET action: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Feb/0043.html
18:58:02 [dbooth]
PROPOSED to move WD to WG Note:
18:58:02 [dbooth]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Jan/0161.html
18:58:26 [Elisa]
zakim, unmute me
18:58:26 [Zakim]
Elisa should no longer be muted
18:58:34 [dbooth]
Ralph: Who reviewed?
18:58:36 [Jacco__]
Jacco__ has joined #swbp
18:58:41 [Elisa]
zakim, mute me
18:58:41 [Zakim]
Elisa should now be muted
18:58:42 [dbooth]
Guus: Evan and Ralph reviewed.
18:59:01 [dbooth]
Ralph: I'd have to re-read this before I can state an opinion.
18:59:21 [RalphS]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/XSCH/xsch-sw-20060127/
18:59:56 [dbooth]
ACTION: Ralph and Evan to provide reviews of Schema note http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/XSCH/xsch-sw-20060127/ by next meeting
19:00:09 [TBaker]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Jan/0180.html - see Section 3, "Response to reviews"
19:00:13 [dbooth]
Topic; 3.5 VM - Vocabulary Management (TomB)
19:00:18 [dbooth]
s/;/:/
19:01:04 [RalphS]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Jan/0180.html [VM] Telecon Tuesday (today) 15:00 UTC
19:01:06 [dbooth]
Tom: Discussed suggestions made by reviewers. Want to propose the draft for publication as WD.
19:01:12 [TBaker]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/VM/http-examples/2006-01-18/
19:02:24 [dbooth]
... I believe we addressed major points made by reviewers.
19:03:16 [dwood]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Jan/0180.html
19:03:18 [dbooth]
DWood: Reviewers were Andreas and DBooth.
19:05:00 [aliman]
no amendments are being proposed
19:05:08 [dbooth]
Guus: I propose we put this on agenda for next time.
19:05:45 [RalphS]
DBooth: are we proposing to remove some words regarding httpRange-14 from the cookbook?
19:06:08 [RalphS]
... the intent of my action was to propose some words on how to select which type of URI to use, which I think is still relevant
19:06:11 [aliman]
q+ to mention scope
19:06:39 [RalphS]
... I recall doing some work on these words but might not have posted to the list
19:06:55 [RalphS]
... I think words can be written that avoid controversy
19:07:33 [RalphS]
q+ to ask DBooth if these additional words should hold a first WD
19:08:00 [dwood]
ack aliman
19:08:00 [Zakim]
aliman, you wanted to mention scope
19:08:09 [RalphS]
DBooth: I think it is relevant to say something about what kind of URI to use
19:08:30 [RalphS]
Alistair: the TF summarized the scope of the document [reads Introduction]
19:08:53 [RalphS]
... the document scope is primarily for existing vocabularies
19:09:06 [RalphS]
... though Ralph did include a few words about choosing names
19:09:29 [RalphS]
... if David wants to propose some new text I'd be glad to look
19:10:22 [RalphS]
DavidW: DBooth is free to propose words, the TF decides whether or not to include the proposed words before asking the WG to publish
19:10:41 [RalphS]
Alistair: in that case, I ask the WG to publish the draft as-is and we consider any proposed new words in a future update
19:11:15 [RalphS]
DBooth: I'm comfortable with that. It sounds as thought the TF carefully bounded its scope to avoid the question of picking URIs but I feel this is such an obvious question that it should be covered
19:11:16 [TBaker]
q+
19:11:38 [RalphS]
ack me
19:11:38 [Zakim]
RalphS, you wanted to ask DBooth if these additional words should hold a first WD
19:11:45 [dwood]
ack RalphS
19:12:15 [dwood]
ack TBaker
19:12:52 [RalphS]
Tom: can we take the resolution to advance the cookbook to Working Draft on the next telecon, please
19:12:58 [dbooth]
Tom: I'd like to advance this to WD on 20 Feb. Would like any proposed text before 14 Feb.
19:13:48 [dbooth]
ACTION: DBooth to re-review Cookbook document
19:14:14 [dbooth]
ACTION: Tom to ask Andreas to re-review Cookbook document in light of changes already made.
19:15:43 [benadida]
zakim, unmute me
19:15:43 [Zakim]
Ben_Adida should no longer be muted
19:15:44 [dbooth]
s/DBooth to re-review Cookbook document/DBooth to re-review Cookbook document by 14 Feb/
19:15:55 [dbooth]
Topic: 3.6 HTML - Embedding RDF in HTML (Ben)
19:16:40 [Guus]
q+
19:17:00 [dbooth]
Ben: Lots of discussion regarding WebArch issues. On mailing list 2 wks ago I made a mistake and forgot to include a section that Mark had written. Lots of positive feedback on them. Wanted to check withh the WG that we're still okay to go to WD.
19:17:14 [Guus]
we have voted, so it is basicaly editor's discretion
19:17:19 [dbooth]
q+ to say I'm okay going okay with first WD
19:17:27 [dwood]
ack dbooth
19:17:27 [Zakim]
dbooth, you wanted to say I'm okay going okay with first WD
19:17:45 [dbooth]
Guus: We already voted on it.
19:18:42 [dbooth]
... No problem in going forward with it.
19:19:41 [dbooth]
DONE: ACTION: ben to contact alistair on use of frag id's
19:20:12 [dbooth]
RESOLVED: Document is ready to publish.
19:20:54 [dbooth]
ACTION: Ralph to publish RDF/A document
19:21:22 [dbooth]
s/publish./publish as a WD./
19:21:37 [dbooth]
s/RESOLVED/AGREED/
19:22:09 [dbooth]
s/AGREED/CONFIRMED
19:22:20 [dbooth]
Topic: 3.7 ADTF - Applications and Demos (Libby)
19:22:23 [dbooth]
(skipped)
19:22:32 [dbooth]
Topic: 3.8 RDFTM - RDF/Topic Maps Interoperability (Steve)
19:22:35 [dbooth]
(skippeed)
19:22:40 [benadida]
zakim, mute me
19:22:40 [Zakim]
Ben_Adida should now be muted
19:22:55 [dbooth]
ACTION: Ralph check with Valentina on whether there are
19:22:55 [dbooth]
editorial changes to rdftm-survey, then start WG Note
19:22:55 [dbooth]
publication process if none
19:22:55 [dbooth]
[http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action30]
19:22:57 [dbooth]
DROPPED
19:23:04 [RalphS]
s/DROPPED/DONE/
19:23:08 [dbooth]
Topic: 3.9 Tutorial Page
19:23:10 [dbooth]
(skipped)
19:23:22 [dbooth]
Topic: 3.10 SE - Software Engineering
19:23:30 [dbooth]
ACTION: RalphS will make a publication request for the
19:23:30 [dbooth]
SE Primer [recorded in
19:23:30 [dbooth]
http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action24]
19:23:32 [dbooth]
PENDING
19:24:08 [dbooth]
ACTION: Ralph cite relevant CG meeting records [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action23]
19:24:15 [dbooth]
PENDING
19:24:18 [jacco]
zakim, unmute me
19:24:18 [Zakim]
Jacco_van_Ossenbruggen should no longer be muted
19:24:24 [dbooth]
Topic: 3.11 MM - Multimedia Annotation
19:24:25 [dwood]
q?
19:25:04 [dbooth]
Jacco: Want to move the MM doc to public WD. Reviewers: Mike and Guus.
19:25:24 [dbooth]
DWood: Has Jane Hunter contributed?
19:25:44 [dbooth]
Jacco: She contributed a first draft of example. I asked her to revise it and have not heard back.
19:25:46 [RalphS]
q+ to ask about Jane Hunter's contribution
19:25:58 [raphael]
"Image annotation on the Semantic Web", latest version available at http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/MM/image_annotation.html (v1.142)
19:26:05 [dwood]
ack RalphS
19:26:05 [Zakim]
RalphS, you wanted to ask about Jane Hunter's contribution
19:26:08 [dbooth]
... Chris Canto also promised to send a use case soon-ish.
19:26:40 [dbooth]
Ralph: Jane Hunter has not completed the invited expert materials.
19:26:45 [dbooth]
Jacco: She told me she had.
19:26:57 [raphael]
s/Canto/Catton
19:27:01 [dbooth]
Ralph: There's a form she needs to complete.
19:27:33 [dbooth]
Jacco: I think her name can be removed from the list of contributors.
19:27:49 [dbooth]
... I'll forward Ralph her email about this.
19:28:28 [raphael]
zakim, unmute me
19:28:28 [Zakim]
Raphael should no longer be muted
19:28:41 [dwood]
Jacco: Please note that in Section 5.4, s/Apollo 7 Saturn shuttle launch/Apollo 7 Saturn rocket launch/
19:29:28 [dbooth]
ACTION: Mike to re-review MM doc to see if his concerns are addressed
19:30:08 [dbooth]
PROPOSED: To move the MM doc to WD contingent on Mike's approval of changes.
19:30:21 [dbooth]
"Image annotation on the Semantic Web", latest version available at http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/MM/image_annotation.html (v1.142)
19:30:58 [dwood]
s/Jacco:/Jacco,/
19:31:07 [dbooth]
Mike: it isn't linked from the BP web page.
19:32:03 [RalphS]
q+ to ask a copyright question
19:32:21 [dbooth]
s/addressed/addressed by end of this week/
19:32:38 [dbooth]
RESOLVED: To move the MM doc to WD contingent on Mike's approval of changes.
19:32:59 [dbooth]
Ralph: Do we have permission to use all the NASA and other images?
19:33:00 [RalphS]
ack me
19:33:00 [Zakim]
RalphS, you wanted to ask a copyright question
19:33:01 [dbooth]
Jacco: Yes.
19:33:03 [chalaschek]
yes the nasa image is ok
19:33:21 [raphael]
zakim, mute me
19:33:21 [Zakim]
Raphael should now be muted
19:33:23 [Zakim]
-Evan_Wallace
19:33:24 [Zakim]
-ChrisH
19:33:25 [Zakim]
-Mike_Uschold?
19:33:26 [Zakim]
-Ben_Adida
19:33:27 [Zakim]
-David_Wood
19:33:34 [aliman]
bye
19:33:40 [Zakim]
-aliman
19:33:42 [Zakim]
-Jacco_van_Ossenbruggen
19:33:59 [Zakim]
-Elisa
19:34:08 [Zakim]
-Raphael
19:35:26 [Zakim]
-DBooth
19:35:28 [Zakim]
-Ralph
19:35:39 [Zakim]
-Guus
19:35:43 [dbooth]
zakim, bye
19:35:43 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were +1.408.930.aaaa, Elisa, David_Wood, Ralph, Raphael, FabGandon, ChrisH, DBooth, Alistair_Miles, Ben_Adida, aliman, Guus,
19:35:43 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #swbp
19:35:46 [Zakim]
... Jacco_van_Ossenbruggen, Evan_Wallace, Mike_Uschold?, TBaker
19:35:57 [raphael]
raphael has left #swbp
19:36:04 [dbooth]
rrsagent, draft minutes
19:36:04 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html dbooth
19:36:11 [dbooth]
rrsagent, make log public
19:39:07 [benadida]
benadida has left #swbp
21:15:04 [RalphS]
rrsagent, bye
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
I see 26 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-actions.rdf :
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DBooth draft a new message to the TAG noting the ambiguity remaining in httpRange-14 and HTTP responses [1]
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-irc#T18-27-37
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DBooth to draft TAG message noting confusion about meaning httpRange-14 decision [2]
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-irc#T18-27-45
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Elisa to work with Ralph to make lasted doc avail on CVS [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action11] [3]
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-irc#T18-34-44
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Deb to contact Chris and get status [recorded in [4]
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-irc#T18-38-17
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Deb to report the plan of OEP [recorded in [5]
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-irc#T18-38-25
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Guus to incorporate Alistair's comments into revised [6]
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-irc#T18-39-05
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Chris to move todo's to the changes section [7]
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-irc#T18-39-19
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Raphael Georgios S, Fabien, Phil to review Semantic [8]
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-irc#T18-39-50
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Mike to put up latest version of the sem integration note [9]
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-irc#T18-42-06
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Raphael Georgios S, Fabien, Phil to review Semantic Integration note [http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action15] [10]
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-irc#T18-43-38
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Evan to send note to Feng on discussion of semantics [11]
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-irc#T18-44-01
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Guus to review OWL Time note [recorded in [recorded [12]
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-irc#T18-45-14
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Chris and Alan to work with Ralph to make [recorded [13]
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-irc#T18-46-59-1
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ralph add link to minutes of f2f on WG home page [14]
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-irc#T18-52-02
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ralph check for link to minutes of March 2005 f2f on WG home page [15]
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-irc#T18-52-19
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jacco to do second review of WordNet doc [17]
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-irc#T18-54-56
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Guus to ask Brian to review Wordnet doc [18]
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-irc#T18-55-18
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Guus to bring issue wrt URI space for ontologies [19]
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-irc#T18-55-28
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ralph and Evan to provide reviews of Schema note http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/XSCH/xsch-sw-20060127/ by next meeting [20]
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-irc#T18-59-56
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DBooth to re-review Cookbook document [21]
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-irc#T19-13-48
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Tom to ask Andreas to re-review Cookbook document in light of changes already made. [22]
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-irc#T19-14-14
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ralph to publish RDF/A document [23]
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-irc#T19-20-54
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ralph check with Valentina on whether there are [24]
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-irc#T19-22-55
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: RalphS will make a publication request for the [25]
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-irc#T19-23-30
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ralph cite relevant CG meeting records [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action23] [26]
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-irc#T19-24-08
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Mike to re-review MM doc to see if his concerns are addressed [27]
21:15:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-irc#T19-29-28