IRC log of wai-wcag on 2006-02-02

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:32:09 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:32:09 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/02/02-wai-wcag-irc
19:32:15 [ben]
rrsagent, make log world
19:32:23 [ben]
zakim, this will be WAI
19:32:23 [Zakim]
ben, WAI_UAWG()2:00PM is already associated with an irc channel; use 'move WAI to here' if you mean to reassociate the channel
19:32:35 [ben]
zakim, list conferences
19:32:35 [Zakim]
I see XML_EXI()1:30PM, WAI_UAWG()2:00PM active
19:32:36 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time is SVG_WG()2:00PM
19:33:09 [ben]
zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
19:33:09 [Zakim]
ok, ben; I see WAI_WCAG()3:00PM scheduled to start in 27 minutes
19:33:21 [ben]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Teleconference
19:36:07 [ben]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2006JanMar/0193.html
19:36:30 [ben]
agenda+ Questions related to transcripts and levels from 26 January Open
19:36:30 [ben]
issues and techniques for Guideline 1.2
19:36:38 [ben]
agenda+ Techniques for SC 1.3.1
19:36:48 [ben]
agenda+ 26 January Open issues and proposed techniques for guideline 1.4
19:36:57 [ben]
agenda+ 26 January Open issues and proposed techniques for guideline 2.3
19:37:06 [gregg]
gregg has joined #wai-wcag
19:37:11 [ben]
agenda+ 26 January Issues and proposed techniques for guideline 1.1
19:37:20 [ben]
agenda+ Guideline 4.2 Issues
19:37:29 [ben]
agenda+ Draft Techniques and Issues for Guideline 2.4
19:37:38 [ben]
agenda+ Techniques for Guideline 2.1
19:37:46 [ben]
agenda+ Draft Techniques for Guideline 1.2
19:37:57 [ben]
agenda+ Draft Techniques and proposals for Guideline 3.2
19:41:28 [ben]
agenda?
19:41:33 [Sorcha]
Sorcha has joined #wai-wcag
19:55:04 [Yvette]
Yvette has joined #wai-wcag
19:55:10 [Yvette]
Hi y'all
19:55:58 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #wai-wcag
19:57:02 [rellero]
rellero has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:54 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
20:00:01 [Zakim]
+Michael_Cooper
20:00:29 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:30 [Zakim]
+John_Slatin
20:00:35 [Zakim]
+??P20
20:00:42 [bengt]
zakim, ??P20 is Bengt_Farre
20:00:42 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
20:00:49 [jslatin]
jslatin has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:50 [Zakim]
+Yvette_Hoitink
20:01:20 [rellero]
for Gregg: Roberto Scano says regrets by phone :-)
20:01:21 [Zakim]
+Sorcha_Moore
20:01:40 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
20:01:43 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow_Weaver
20:02:14 [Sorcha]
Sorcha has left #wai-wcag
20:02:19 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
20:02:24 [Becky]
Becky has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:24 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:02:25 [Zakim]
+Judy
20:02:38 [Zakim]
+Becky_Gibson
20:02:45 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:02:45 [Yvette]
zakim, mute me
20:02:45 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should now be muted
20:02:52 [Zakim]
+??P3
20:03:00 [Zakim]
-Yvette_Hoitink
20:03:01 [ben]
zakim, ??P3 is Ben_Caldwell
20:03:02 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
20:03:04 [Becky]
zakim, I am Becky_Gibson
20:03:04 [Zakim]
ok, Becky, I now associate you with Becky_Gibson
20:03:06 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:03:09 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Michael_Cooper, John_Slatin, Bengt_Farre, Sorcha_Moore, Christophe_Strobbe, Andi_Snow_Weaver, David_MacDonald, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Judy, Becky_Gibson,
20:03:11 [Zakim]
... [IPcaller], Ben_Caldwell
20:03:16 [Michael]
zakim, [IP is Judy_Brewer
20:03:16 [Zakim]
+Judy_Brewer; got it
20:03:30 [Christophe]
zakim, mute me
20:03:33 [Zakim]
+Yvette_Hoitink
20:03:38 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should now be muted
20:03:39 [Michael]
zakim, Judy_Brewer is Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:03:43 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden; got it
20:03:54 [judy]
judy has joined #wai-wcag
20:03:54 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:03:59 [rellero]
10 01zakim, [IP is rellero
20:04:10 [rellero]
zakim, [IP is rellero
20:04:10 [Zakim]
+rellero; got it
20:04:38 [Sorcha]
Sorcha has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:38 [judy]
zakim, who's making noise?
20:04:38 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
20:04:44 [Yvette]
zakim, mute rellero
20:04:44 [Zakim]
rellero should now be muted
20:04:59 [Zakim]
judy, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Yvette_Hoitink (90%), Michael_Cooper (19%), David_MacDonald (9%), Judy (9%)
20:05:05 [David]
David has joined #wai-wcag
20:05:19 [rellero]
sorry i'm setting audio
20:05:42 [Michael]
scribe: Michael
20:06:06 [Yvette]
scribe: Yvette
20:07:06 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:07:06 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Michael_Cooper, John_Slatin, Bengt_Farre, Sorcha_Moore, Christophe_Strobbe (muted), Andi_Snow_Weaver, David_MacDonald, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Judy, Becky_Gibson,
20:07:09 [Zakim]
... Gregg_Vanderheiden, Ben_Caldwell, Yvette_Hoitink, rellero (muted), Tim_Boland
20:07:25 [Zakim]
+??P11
20:07:28 [Yvette]
agenda+ Questions related to transcripts and levels from 26 January Open
20:07:29 [Yvette]
issues and techniques for Guideline 1.2
20:07:40 [ben]
zakim, ??P11 is Cynthia_Shelly
20:07:40 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly; got it
20:07:50 [Yvette]
zakim, drop agendum 11
20:07:50 [Zakim]
agendum 11, Questions related to transcripts and levels from 26 January Open, dropped
20:07:58 [Yvette]
topic: 1.2
20:09:40 [Christophe]
zakim, unmute me
20:09:40 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should no longer be muted
20:10:19 [Tim]
Tim has joined #wai-wcag
20:11:10 [Yvette]
Resolution: accept all resolutions that were unanimous in the survey or unanimous with edits only
20:11:35 [Yvette]
todo: add numbers
20:15:49 [Yvette]
q+
20:15:53 [Michael]
q+
20:16:30 [ben]
ack Yvette
20:16:58 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
20:17:13 [Yvette]
ack john
20:17:37 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
20:18:01 [Yvette]
q+
20:18:25 [Yvette]
q+ to say "Lots of things at level 1 don't have an acceptable alternative"
20:19:16 [ben]
ack Michael
20:19:33 [David]
q+
20:21:10 [David]
q-
20:21:15 [ben]
ack Cyn
20:21:49 [gregg]
g+
20:21:54 [gregg]
Q+
20:21:55 [ben]
ack Yvette
20:21:56 [Zakim]
Yvette, you wanted to say "Lots of things at level 1 don't have an acceptable alternative"
20:23:28 [ben]
ack John
20:25:33 [ben]
q+
20:26:33 [ben]
q-
20:26:35 [Michael]
q+
20:26:43 [ben]
ack gregg
20:28:26 [Michael]
ack M
20:28:31 [ben]
ack Mich
20:30:36 [ben]
ack John
20:38:32 [Yvette]
zakim, who's on the phone?
20:38:32 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Michael_Cooper, John_Slatin, Bengt_Farre, Sorcha_Moore, Christophe_Strobbe, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Judy, Becky_Gibson, Gregg_Vanderheiden,
20:38:36 [Zakim]
... Ben_Caldwell, Yvette_Hoitink, rellero (muted), Tim_Boland, Cynthia_Shelly, David_MacDonald
20:39:14 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic
20:44:43 [ben]
zakim, rellero is Roberto_Ellero
20:44:43 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
20:45:14 [ben]
zakim, unmute Roberto_Ellero
20:45:21 [Zakim]
Roberto_Ellero should no longer be muted
20:45:21 [ben]
zakim, mute Roberto_Ellero
20:45:21 [Zakim]
Roberto_Ellero should now be muted
20:45:43 [rellero]
captions and transcr L1
20:46:14 [rellero]
sorry i've currently audio problems
20:46:23 [judy]
roberto, do you mean "and" or "or"?
20:46:31 [rellero]
pair surely
20:46:39 [rellero]
but i prefer and
20:46:43 [rellero]
if posssible
20:47:15 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
20:48:05 [rellero]
excuse me, i notice now that my preference for "and" is near first answer, captions only
20:48:31 [rellero]
captions are necessary in my opinion, L1
20:48:50 [rellero]
Yes, captions L1
20:53:15 [Yvette]
q+
20:56:04 [judy]
reference: http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies.html#def-Consensus
20:56:36 [judy]
Consensus: A substantial number of individuals in the set support the decision and nobody in the set registers a Formal Objection.
20:56:45 [bengt]
the relevant part is: Abstention is either an explicit expression of no opinion or silence by an individual in the set.
20:57:01 [Yvette]
A Formal Objection to a group decision is one that the reviewer requests that the Director consider as part of evaluating the related decision
20:57:31 [bengt]
no means abstention unless one goes formal
20:58:09 [Yvette]
q?
21:00:10 [Yvette]
action: Gregg to document techniques for captioning when you don't have access to the source file
21:00:22 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'remove action 1', Michael. Try /msg RRSAgent help
21:00:31 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'droop action 1', Michael. Try /msg RRSAgent help
21:00:43 [Yvette]
action: Gregg to research techniques for easier captioning
21:02:26 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
21:02:58 [Yvette]
Resolution: retain current wording about captions at level 1
21:03:34 [Andi]
q+
21:03:42 [Michael]
ack c
21:03:44 [Michael]
ack y
21:04:16 [Yvette]
Vote was 8 for requiring captions at level 1 versus 5 for requiring captions or corrected screenplay at level 1 AND captions at level 2
21:04:39 [Michael]
scribe: Michael
21:06:52 [Zakim]
+Kerstin_Goldsmith
21:08:37 [Yvette]
topic: 1.2.2
21:08:45 [Michael]
topic: 1.2.2
21:08:47 [Michael]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/2006-01-26-multimedia/results#xadtranso
21:09:15 [ben]
ack andi
21:09:20 [Yvette]
zakim, mute me
21:09:20 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should now be muted
21:09:42 [ben]
ack Cynthia
21:09:59 [Sofia]
zakim, mute me
21:09:59 [Zakim]
Sofia_Celic should now be muted
21:10:26 [ben]
ack Alex
21:10:35 [Michael]
Question: Audio descriptions at level 1, or option of audio descriptions or edited screenplay at level 1 plus audio descriptions at level 2
21:12:31 [Michael]
q+ to say I think our decision should be consistent with the previous one, so maybe we can fast-trak?
21:14:22 [ben]
ack John
21:16:31 [ben]
ack Michael
21:16:31 [Zakim]
Michael_Cooper, you wanted to say I think our decision should be consistent with the previous one, so maybe we can fast-trak?
21:17:17 [ben]
ack Cynthia
21:18:42 [rellero_]
rellero_ has joined #wai-wcag
21:18:54 [judy]
q+
21:18:59 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
21:19:21 [judy]
q-
21:19:45 [judy]
q+ to address question of skillset
21:20:40 [Michael]
ack j
21:20:40 [Zakim]
judy, you wanted to address question of skillset
21:20:46 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:20:58 [rellero_]
zakim, [IP is rellero
21:20:58 [Zakim]
+rellero; got it
21:21:03 [rellero_]
zakim, mute me
21:21:03 [Zakim]
sorry, rellero_, I do not see a party named 'rellero_'
21:21:13 [rellero_]
zakim, mute rellero
21:21:13 [Zakim]
rellero was already muted, rellero_
21:21:19 [ben]
zakim, rellero is Roberto_Ellero
21:21:19 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
21:21:50 [rellero_]
sorry for line, I agree with consistency with previous, my vote is Audio descriptions at level 1, text transcript of all audio intermixed with a text description is not a acceptable experience for blind people (not synchronized and spoken by synthesis not by actor: loss of expression, not multimedia experience)
21:22:11 [David]
q+
21:23:04 [rellero_]
problems with mic
21:23:25 [Michael]
q+ to pass on Roberto's comment
21:24:02 [rellero_]
q+
21:24:10 [Michael]
q-
21:24:10 [rellero_]
ops
21:24:17 [rellero_]
q-
21:24:19 [Christophe]
zakim, mute me
21:24:19 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should now be muted
21:24:25 [ben]
ack David
21:24:28 [Michael]
q+ to pass on Roberto's comment
21:24:35 [gregg]
ack m
21:24:35 [Zakim]
Michael_Cooper, you wanted to pass on Roberto's comment
21:25:57 [Yvette]
zakim, unmute me
21:25:57 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should no longer be muted
21:26:54 [Sofia]
zakim, unmute me
21:26:54 [Zakim]
Sofia_Celic should no longer be muted
21:27:33 [Christophe]
zakim, unmute me
21:27:33 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should no longer be muted
21:28:50 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:28:50 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Michael_Cooper, John_Slatin, Bengt_Farre, Sorcha_Moore (muted), Christophe_Strobbe, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Judy, Becky_Gibson,
21:28:53 [Zakim]
... Gregg_Vanderheiden, Ben_Caldwell, Yvette_Hoitink, Tim_Boland, Cynthia_Shelly, David_MacDonald, Sofia_Celic, Alex_Li, Kerstin_Goldsmith (muted), Roberto_Ellero (muted)
21:30:09 [rellero_]
Audio descriptions at level 1
21:30:23 [Yvette]
zakim, mute me
21:30:23 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should now be muted
21:30:36 [Sofia]
zakim, mute me
21:30:36 [Zakim]
Sofia_Celic should now be muted
21:31:54 [rellero_]
i've made tests and a compatibility table in progress
21:32:18 [Sofia]
zakim, unmute me
21:32:18 [Zakim]
Sofia_Celic should no longer be muted
21:32:32 [Sofia]
zakim, mute me
21:32:32 [Zakim]
Sofia_Celic should now be muted
21:32:52 [Yvette]
q+
21:32:58 [Michael]
resolution: No change to SC 1.2.2 (vote 6 for no change, 5 for change, 4 abstentions)
21:33:19 [Yvette]
q-
21:33:38 [rellero_]
results are good with 2 audio tracks in win http://www.webaccessibile.org/argomenti/documento.asp?DocID=570
21:33:39 [Michael]
...reason for abstentions usually because need more info
21:33:50 [Michael]
ack c
21:35:37 [Yvette]
q+ to say "Consensus speaks about substantial number support"
21:36:00 [judy]
q+
21:37:30 [Yvette]
q-
21:37:56 [ben]
Present: Michael_Cooper, John_Slatin, Bengt_Farre, Sorcha_Moore, Christophe_Strobbe, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Judy, Becky_Gibson, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Ben_Caldwell, Yvette_Hoitink, Roberto_Ellero, Tim_Boland, Cynthia_Shelly, David_MacDonald, Sofia_Celic, Alex_Li, Kerstin_Goldsmith
21:38:04 [ben]
Chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden and John_Slatin
21:38:12 [ben]
Regrets: Roberto_Castaldo, Luca_Mascaro
21:38:16 [ben]
q?
21:39:35 [ben]
rrsagent, do not start a new log
21:40:03 [Yvette]
q+
21:40:05 [Michael]
vote adjusted: 6 for solo, 6 for pair, 3 abstentions, no change to resolution
21:40:44 [Michael]
chair breaks tie with a vote for solo, making it 7
21:41:13 [judy]
q+ to respond on alex's qu about content lost or not
21:41:18 [judy]
q-
21:41:26 [ben]
ack Alex
21:41:35 [Michael]
final vote: 7 for solo, 6 for pair, 3 abstentions
21:41:46 [Yvette]
zakim, unmute me
21:41:46 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should no longer be muted
21:41:56 [Michael]
ack y
21:43:28 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow_Weaver
21:43:34 [Michael]
zakim, next item
21:43:34 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Questions related to transcripts and levels from 26 January Open" taken up [from ben]
21:43:45 [Michael]
zakim, next item
21:43:45 [Zakim]
agendum 1 was just opened, Michael
21:43:52 [Michael]
zakim, close this agendum
21:43:52 [Zakim]
agendum 1 closed
21:43:53 [Zakim]
I see 9 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
21:43:54 [Zakim]
2. Techniques for SC 1.3.1 [from ben]
21:44:10 [Michael]
zakim, take up agendum 2
21:44:10 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Techniques for SC 1.3.1" taken up [from ben]
21:45:23 [Michael]
skipping this in favor of ones we're prepared for today
21:45:27 [Michael]
zakim, next item
21:45:27 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "26 January Open issues and proposed techniques for guideline 1.4" taken up [from ben]
21:45:42 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow_Weaver
21:45:48 [Michael]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/2006-26-01-contrast/results
21:47:03 [Yvette]
zakim, mute me
21:47:03 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should now be muted
21:47:07 [Michael]
Item 1618: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/2006-26-01-contrast/results#xi1618
21:48:15 [David]
q+
21:49:08 [Michael]
zakim, unmute me
21:49:08 [Zakim]
Michael_Cooper should no longer be muted
21:49:54 [Michael]
resolution: close 1618, making the changes proposed in the survey
21:49:56 [Michael]
ack d
21:50:34 [Michael]
Item 1842a http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/2006-26-01-contrast/results#xi1842a
21:56:27 [ben]
ack John
21:57:29 [Andi]
q+
21:58:07 [Yvette]
q+
21:58:10 [Yvette]
zakim, unmute me
21:58:10 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should no longer be muted
21:58:33 [Yvette]
q-
21:58:38 [Sofia]
q+
21:58:40 [Yvette]
q+
21:58:42 [gregg]
ack a
21:59:06 [Christophe]
Christophe has left #wai-wcag
21:59:13 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
21:59:30 [Michael]
ack s
22:00:05 [Michael]
ack y
22:00:13 [Michael]
ack j
22:00:44 [Yvette]
q+ to say "do not require visual, title etc should suffice"
22:01:01 [gregg]
q+
22:01:10 [Michael]
ack y
22:01:10 [Zakim]
Yvette, you wanted to say "do not require visual, title etc should suffice"
22:02:57 [Andi]
scribe: Andi
22:03:06 [Yvette]
zakim, mute me
22:03:06 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should now be muted
22:04:24 [ben]
ack gregg
22:06:06 [Andi]
resolution: 1842A accept proposal to move 1.3.4, "Any information that is conveyed by color is visually evident when color is not available" to L1
22:06:07 [Yvette]
zakim, unmute me
22:06:07 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should no longer be muted
22:08:57 [Andi]
resolution: 1.3.2 is referred back to committee to determine whether it is still required.
22:10:14 [Andi]
resolution: 1842b reject proposal to move 1.3.4, "Any information that is conveyed by color is visually evident when color is not available" to L1
22:11:03 [Andi]
resolution: 1842c reject proposal to move 1.4.3, "Text or diagrams, and their background, have a luminosity contrast ratio of at least 10:1" to L2
22:12:02 [ben]
zakim, close this item
22:12:02 [Zakim]
agendum 3 closed
22:12:03 [Zakim]
I see 7 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
22:12:04 [Zakim]
4. 26 January Open issues and proposed techniques for guideline 2.3 [from ben]
22:12:09 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 4
22:12:09 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "26 January Open issues and proposed techniques for guideline 2.3" taken up [from ben]
22:14:57 [ben]
ack John
22:15:09 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
22:15:25 [ben]
q+
22:16:11 [judy]
q+ to say that this doesn't just affect kids
22:19:14 [ben]
ack ben
22:19:18 [ben]
ack judy
22:19:18 [Zakim]
judy, you wanted to say that this doesn't just affect kids
22:19:21 [judy]
q-
22:20:51 [ben]
q+
22:23:11 [ben]
ack alex
22:24:46 [ben]
ack ben
22:29:51 [judy]
q+
22:30:12 [ben]
ack judy
22:31:15 [Andi]
When content violates either the general flash threshold or the red flash threshold, users cannot access the content without first seeing and dismissing a warning.
22:34:26 [Yvette]
zakim, unmute me
22:34:26 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink was not muted, Yvette
22:39:50 [judy]
q+
22:40:14 [Yvette]
q+
22:40:39 [Yvette]
ack alex
22:40:47 [Yvette]
ack lore
22:41:28 [ben]
ack judy
22:43:40 [Yvette]
q-
22:43:55 [Becky]
q+
22:45:02 [ben]
ack Becky
22:45:58 [Yvette]
q+ to say "doability is issue for L1 and L2, so doesn't matter"
22:46:28 [David]
q+
22:48:15 [Yvette]
zakim, mute me
22:48:15 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should now be muted
22:50:27 [Andi]
resolution: delete 2.3.1 and move 2.3.1 to Level 1
22:50:44 [Andi]
s/2.3.2/2.3.1/
22:51:17 [Andi]
resolution: replaces last resolution - delete 2.3.1 and move 2.3.2 to Level 1
22:53:30 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
22:53:54 [ben]
above resolution closes 1785, 1796 and 1793
22:53:59 [ben]
zakim, close this item
22:53:59 [Zakim]
agendum 4 closed
22:54:01 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
22:54:02 [Zakim]
5. 26 January Issues and proposed techniques for guideline 1.1 [from ben]
22:54:07 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 5
22:54:07 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "26 January Issues and proposed techniques for guideline 1.1" taken up [from ben]
22:54:50 [Andi]
resolution: close issue 1104 as proposed in the survey
22:55:23 [ben]
zakim, close this item
22:55:23 [Zakim]
agendum 5 closed
22:55:24 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
22:55:25 [Zakim]
6. Guideline 4.2 Issues [from ben]
22:55:27 [Michael]
* 1665
22:55:29 [Michael]
* 1668
22:55:30 [Michael]
* 1670
22:55:32 [Michael]
* 1776
22:55:33 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 6
22:55:33 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Guideline 4.2 Issues" taken up [from ben]
22:57:43 [Yvette]
zakim, unmute me
22:57:43 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should no longer be muted
23:01:21 [Michael]
ack l
23:01:23 [Michael]
ack d
23:01:24 [Yvette]
q-
23:01:26 [Michael]
ack y
23:01:47 [ben]
q+
23:02:10 [ben]
q-
23:02:12 [ben]
ack John
23:03:18 [Zakim]
-Yvette_Hoitink
23:03:27 [Yvette]
I got kicked off
23:03:32 [Yvette]
but want to vote against closing
23:03:55 [Andi]
resolution: close 1666 as proposed but modify comment as proposed by John
23:05:06 [Zakim]
+Yvette_Hoitink
23:09:29 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
23:11:23 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
23:11:27 [Zakim]
-Yvette_Hoitink
23:13:04 [Zakim]
-Kerstin_Goldsmith
23:13:29 [Andi]
resolution: close issue 1667 with modified rationale
23:23:24 [Andi]
resolution: add an advisory technique to GL 1.3 called "providing resizable fonts"
23:24:22 [ben]
zakim, close this item
23:24:22 [Zakim]
agendum 6 closed
23:24:23 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
23:24:24 [Zakim]
7. Draft Techniques and Issues for Guideline 2.4 [from ben]
23:24:31 [ben]
agenda?
23:24:38 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 8
23:24:38 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "Techniques for Guideline 2.1" taken up [from ben]
23:24:51 [ben]
Topic: Failure due to using plugins in a way that traps users inside plugin content
23:30:08 [Andi]
resolution: accept proprosal for "Failure due to using plugins in a way that traps users inside plugin content." with edits to address Loretta's and Andi's comments. Examples would be really helpful.
23:31:46 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow_Weaver
23:31:47 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
23:31:48 [Zakim]
-Judy
23:31:50 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
23:31:51 [Zakim]
-John_Slatin
23:31:52 [Sorcha]
Sorcha has left #wai-wcag
23:31:52 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
23:31:54 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
23:31:55 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
23:31:57 [Zakim]
-Ben_Caldwell
23:31:58 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden
23:32:07 [Zakim]
-Becky_Gibson
23:32:48 [bengt]
zakim, who is here ?
23:32:48 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Sorcha_Moore
23:32:49 [Zakim]
On IRC I see David, judy, Andi, gregg, RRSAgent, Zakim, bengt, ben
23:32:59 [bengt]
ben ?
23:34:16 [judy]
judy has left #wai-wcag
23:34:19 [bengt]
ben: zakim doesnt close
23:35:53 [bengt]
zakim, who is here ?
23:35:53 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Sorcha_Moore
23:35:54 [Zakim]
On IRC I see David, Andi, gregg, RRSAgent, Zakim, bengt, ben
23:36:00 [bengt]
zakim, disco
23:36:00 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'disco', bengt
23:36:05 [bengt]
zakim, disconnect
23:36:05 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'disconnect', bengt
23:36:20 [bengt]
zakim, drop
23:36:20 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'drop', bengt
23:36:21 [ben]
zakim, bye
23:36:21 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
23:36:22 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were Michael_Cooper, John_Slatin, Bengt_Farre, Yvette_Hoitink, Sorcha_Moore, Christophe_Strobbe, Andi_Snow_Weaver, David_MacDonald,
23:36:26 [Zakim]
... Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Judy, Becky_Gibson, [IPcaller], Ben_Caldwell, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Tim_Boland, Cynthia_Shelly, Sofia_Celic, Roberto_Ellero, Alex_Li, Kerstin_Goldsmith
23:36:31 [ben]
RRSAgent, bye
23:36:31 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/02-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
23:36:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg to document techniques for captioning when you don't have access to the source file [2]
23:36:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/02-wai-wcag-irc#T21-00-10
23:36:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg to research techniques for easier captioning [3]
23:36:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/02-wai-wcag-irc#T21-00-43