IRC log of er on 2006-01-18

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:48:05 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
14:48:05 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/01/18-er-irc
14:48:11 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
14:48:17 [shadi]
zakim, this will be ert
14:48:17 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; I see WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 12 minutes
14:48:40 [shadi]
meeting: ERT WG
14:48:44 [shadi]
chair: Shadi
14:48:49 [shadi]
regrets: Nick
14:49:11 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2006Jan/0033.html
14:49:22 [shadi]
agenda+ EARL 1.0 Schema - open issues
14:49:37 [shadi]
agenda+ HTTP Request/Response
14:49:47 [shadi]
agenda+ Reminder: open action items
14:50:00 [shadi]
agenda+ Reminder: face-to-face meeting
14:53:55 [Sandor]
Sandor has joined #er
14:56:01 [JibberJim]
JibberJim has joined #er
14:56:34 [ChrisR]
ChrisR has joined #er
14:57:40 [JohannesK]
JohannesK has joined #er
14:58:30 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM has now started
14:58:41 [Zakim]
+Carlos
14:59:24 [Zakim]
+Shadi
14:59:29 [Zakim]
+Sandor_Herramhof
15:00:03 [carlos]
carlos has joined #er
15:00:14 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:00:43 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is really Chris
15:00:43 [Zakim]
+Chris; got it
15:01:15 [ChrisR]
zakim, scribe is Chris
15:01:15 [Zakim]
sorry, ChrisR, I do not recognize a party named 'scribe'
15:01:30 [shadi]
zakim, carlos has Carlos, Johannes
15:01:30 [Zakim]
+Carlos, Johannes; got it
15:01:41 [Zakim]
+David
15:01:53 [shadi]
scribe: Chris
15:01:58 [shadi]
scribenick: ChrisR
15:02:46 [drooks]
drooks has joined #er
15:02:53 [ChrisR]
zakim, agenda item 2
15:02:53 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'agenda item 2', ChrisR
15:02:54 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 2
15:02:54 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "HTTP Request/Response" taken up [from shadi]
15:03:11 [CarlosI]
CarlosI has joined #er
15:03:31 [JibberJim]
JibberJim has joined #er
15:04:11 [ChrisR]
saz: background info on HTTP request/response notes
15:04:38 [ChrisR]
saz: recalls that these were to be published as working notes
15:04:56 [ChrisR]
saz: anything missing?
15:05:28 [Zakim]
+nacho
15:05:34 [Zakim]
+Jim_Ley
15:05:56 [shadi]
zakim, nacho CarlosI
15:05:56 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'nacho CarlosI', shadi
15:06:11 [shadi]
zakim, nacho is really CarlosI
15:06:11 [Zakim]
+CarlosI; got it
15:06:25 [ChrisR]
JK: cookies issue
15:07:00 [ChrisR]
JK: seems to be no other issues - send spec to list
15:07:23 [ChrisR]
JK: will be able to edit as working group note. Carlos will help.
15:08:04 [ChrisR]
SAZ: any objections as publish as note?
15:08:30 [ChrisR]
resolution: HTTP request/response spec to be published as working group note.
15:08:42 [ChrisR]
resoultion: JK will edit
15:09:29 [ChrisR]
saz: cookies - publish as note in spec. Will discuss later. JK will send message to list to discuss.
15:10:05 [ChrisR]
JK: namespace issue still unresolved?
15:10:28 [ChrisR]
saz: do we want a temp namespace? (for now then switch to formal)
15:11:05 [chaals]
chaals has joined #er
15:11:47 [ChrisR]
discussion of namespace, temp namespace was helpful in short term
15:12:01 [ChrisR]
JK: used several namespaces in spec
15:12:40 [ChrisR]
saz: will look what other groups are using but would like to use temp for now
15:13:50 [chaals]
[I think it is a *terrible* idea to change namespaces. It is just an opaque string, and changing it just requires everyone to handle a bunch of extra stuff for no identifiable purpose]
15:13:51 [ChrisR]
action: saz will look into namespace for HTTP request/response stuff and talk to JK
15:14:22 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 2
15:14:22 [Zakim]
agendum 2, HTTP Request/Response, closed
15:14:23 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
15:14:25 [Zakim]
1. EARL 1.0 Schema - open issues [from shadi]
15:14:27 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
15:14:27 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "EARL 1.0 Schema - open issues" taken up [from shadi]
15:14:34 [chaals]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:14:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/01/18-er-minutes.html chaals
15:14:43 [chaals]
rrsagent, make log member
15:15:41 [ChrisR]
saz: dc:location topic from CI - remove location (since using request/response)?
15:16:56 [ChrisR]
discussion of dc:location
15:16:57 [chaals]
[Location in the current spec isn't used in the same way as request/response, but I don't thik it is remotely necessary as currently used anyway so support removing it]
15:17:28 [ChrisR]
saz: define our own earl:location?
15:18:57 [ChrisR]
discussion of perhaps using something like earl:uri
15:19:38 [JohannesK]
ACK
15:21:20 [ChrisR]
resolution: use earl:uri instead of dc:location
15:25:07 [ChrisR]
ci: concerns over testcase element in earl draft (message sent to list)
15:25:54 [ChrisR]
ci: testrequirement element is OK but is more like testcase then testrequirement
15:26:10 [ChrisR]
saz: seems more like an editorial problem
15:26:35 [ChrisR]
ci: important that we have common view of what elements mean
15:27:22 [ChrisR]
ci: does group agree with suggestions from message posted to list?
15:29:04 [ChrisR]
jj: agrees with ci's post to list, wording is clearer
15:29:19 [CarlosI]
IMO a requirement is a documented need of what a particular product should be or do (what you expect from the product) and test are process used to ensure products are designed and produced to meet those requirements (the way you test whether you have what you expected or not).
15:30:43 [ChrisR]
discussion of ci's proposal
15:31:06 [chaals]
[I think the words are much more flexible and harder to pin down in english usage than Carlos' idea of them, but I like the wording proposals anyway...)
15:33:37 [JohannesK]
1. test (actual test that is performed)
15:39:21 [ChrisR]
discussion of what the actual tests are - something specific like HTML test suite or something more general like a WCAG guideline SC
15:48:57 [ChrisR]
saz: review of evidence class
15:54:12 [ChrisR]
saz: good discussion and we should take to list more more consideration
15:55:07 [ChrisR]
saz: is this a showstopper (hold off publication of EARL spec)?
15:56:14 [ChrisR]
ci: draft is still OK but needs to be resolved before final status
15:57:25 [ChrisR]
saz: after discussion on list we will bring up on next weeks call
15:58:25 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 1
15:58:25 [Zakim]
agendum 1, EARL 1.0 Schema - open issues, closed
15:58:27 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
15:58:28 [Zakim]
3. Reminder: open action items [from shadi]
15:58:31 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 3
15:58:31 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Reminder: open action items" taken up [from shadi]
15:58:34 [ChrisR]
action: saz will send to mailing list
15:58:55 [shadi]
* Chaals make proposal for schema to describe how to add a Collection as evidence
15:58:55 [shadi]
- <http://www.w3.org/2005/10/17-er-minutes.html#action01>
15:58:55 [shadi]
* jim write up proposal for "earl:snippet" locator type
15:58:55 [shadi]
- <http://www.w3.org/2005/10/17-er-minutes.html#action05>
15:59:02 [Zakim]
-Chris
15:59:45 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 3
15:59:45 [Zakim]
agendum 3, Reminder: open action items, closed
15:59:46 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
15:59:47 [Zakim]
4. Reminder: face-to-face meeting [from shadi]
15:59:53 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 4
15:59:53 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Reminder: face-to-face meeting" taken up [from shadi]
16:00:53 [Zakim]
-David
16:00:55 [Zakim]
-Jim_Ley
16:00:55 [Zakim]
-Shadi
16:00:57 [Zakim]
-Carlos
16:01:01 [shadi]
saz: sign up and book hotels soon!
16:01:02 [Zakim]
-Sandor_Herramhof
16:01:03 [Zakim]
-CarlosI
16:01:04 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 4
16:01:05 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM has ended
16:01:06 [drooks]
drooks has left #er
16:01:07 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shadi, Sandor_Herramhof, Chris, Carlos, Johannes, David, Jim_Ley, CarlosI
16:01:09 [Zakim]
agendum 4, Reminder: face-to-face meeting, closed
16:01:09 [shadi]
zakim, bye
16:01:11 [Zakim]
I see nothing remaining on the agenda
16:01:13 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #er
16:01:16 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
16:01:22 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:01:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/01/18-er-minutes.html shadi
16:01:25 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
16:01:29 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
16:01:29 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/01/18-er-actions.rdf :
16:01:29 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: saz will look into namespace for HTTP request/response stuff and talk to JK [1]
16:01:29 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/01/18-er-irc#T15-13-51
16:01:29 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: saz will send to mailing list [2]
16:01:29 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/01/18-er-irc#T15-58-34