IRC log of wai-wcag on 2006-01-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

21:00:41 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
21:00:41 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/01/12-wai-wcag-irc
21:00:49 [ben]
Zakim, this is WAI
21:00:49 [Zakim]
ok, ben; that matches WAI_WCAG()4:00PM
21:00:55 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:00:55 [Zakim]
On the phone I see David_MacDonald, ??P4
21:00:56 [Michael]
Michael has joined #wai-wcag
21:01:00 [Zakim]
+John_Slatin
21:01:12 [ben]
zakim, ??P4 is Gregg_and_Ben
21:01:12 [Zakim]
+Gregg_and_Ben; got it
21:01:17 [David]
David has joined #wai-wcag
21:01:20 [Zakim]
+Michael_Cooper
21:01:22 [Becky]
Becky has joined #wai-wcag
21:01:30 [ben]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Telecon
21:01:35 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
21:01:40 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
21:01:42 [ben]
chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden and John_Slatin
21:01:44 [Zakim]
+Yvette_Hoitink
21:01:47 [Becky]
I will be late today - have some family issues to deal with.
21:01:49 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:01:49 [Zakim]
On the phone I see David_MacDonald, Gregg_and_Ben, John_Slatin, Michael_Cooper, Christophe_Strobbe, Yvette_Hoitink
21:01:52 [Yvette]
zakim, I am Yvette_Hoitink
21:01:52 [Zakim]
ok, Yvette, I now associate you with Yvette_Hoitink
21:01:56 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
21:01:58 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
21:02:06 [Zakim]
+??P12
21:02:16 [bengt]
zakim, ??P12 is Bengt_Farre
21:02:16 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
21:02:23 [gregg]
gregg has joined #wai-wcag
21:02:25 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic
21:02:34 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:02:45 [LucaMascaro]
Zakim, [IP is LucaMascaro
21:02:45 [Zakim]
+LucaMascaro; got it
21:02:51 [LucaMascaro]
Zakim, mute me
21:02:51 [Zakim]
LucaMascaro should now be muted
21:02:53 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:03:04 [rellero]
10 01zakim, +[IPcaller] is rellero
21:03:25 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow_Weaver
21:03:28 [ben]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2006JanMar/0061.html
21:03:32 [rellero]
zakim, +[IP is rellero
21:03:32 [Zakim]
sorry, rellero, I do not recognize a party named '+[IP'
21:04:00 [rellero]
zakim, +IPcaller is rellero
21:04:00 [Zakim]
sorry, rellero, I do not recognize a party named '+IPcaller'
21:04:16 [rellero]
zakim, +[IPcaller] is rellero
21:04:16 [Zakim]
sorry, rellero, I do not recognize a party named '+[IPcaller]'
21:04:21 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:04:21 [Zakim]
On the phone I see David_MacDonald, Gregg_and_Ben, John_Slatin, Michael_Cooper, Christophe_Strobbe, Yvette_Hoitink, Alex_Li, Tim_Boland, Bengt_Farre, Sofia_Celic, LucaMascaro
21:04:25 [Zakim]
... (muted), [IPcaller], Andi_Snow_Weaver
21:04:36 [Yvette]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Roberto_Ellero
21:04:36 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
21:04:48 [rellero]
:-)
21:04:49 [Yvette]
zakim, rellero is Roberto_Ellero
21:04:49 [Zakim]
sorry, Yvette, I do not recognize a party named 'rellero'
21:04:56 [Yvette]
zakim, Roberto_Ellero is rellero
21:04:56 [Zakim]
+rellero; got it
21:05:02 [Yvette]
zakim, who's on the phone?
21:05:02 [Zakim]
On the phone I see David_MacDonald, Gregg_and_Ben, John_Slatin, Michael_Cooper, Christophe_Strobbe, Yvette_Hoitink, Alex_Li, Tim_Boland, Bengt_Farre, Sofia_Celic, LucaMascaro
21:05:03 [rellero]
thx
21:05:05 [Andi]
scribe: Andi
21:05:05 [Zakim]
... (muted), rellero, Andi_Snow_Weaver
21:05:30 [Yvette]
zakim, mute me
21:05:30 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should now be muted
21:05:46 [ben]
agenda + Progress, schedules, procedures, etc.
21:05:55 [ben]
agenda+ Guideline 2.1 Normative Issues
21:06:05 [ben]
agenda+ 12 January Techniques and Open Issues for 1.3
21:06:16 [ben]
agenda+ 12 January Techniques and Open Issues for 1.1
21:07:13 [Zakim]
+Becky_Gibson
21:07:14 [ben]
scribe: Andi
21:07:14 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:07:32 [Yvette]
survey: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/2006-01-12_2-1/results
21:08:06 [ben]
rrsagent, make log world
21:08:20 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 2
21:08:20 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Guideline 2.1 Normative Issues" taken up [from ben]
21:08:22 [Andi]
resolution: accept all survey items where everybody had the same opinion or had the sam opinion with purely editorial comments.
21:08:57 [Yvette]
zakim, unmute me
21:08:57 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should no longer be muted
21:10:55 [ben]
accepted survey items mentioned above include issues 1795, 986, 1836, 1874, 1800 and 1802
21:12:07 [rellero]
zakim, mute me
21:12:07 [Zakim]
rellero should now be muted
21:13:02 [ben]
agenda+ Programmatically determined, UA support, etc.
21:13:17 [Zakim]
+Judy
21:13:18 [ben]
agenda+ Misc. Questions from 22 December Telecon
21:13:24 [ben]
agenda+ General Issues
21:13:32 [Andi]
resolution: accept proposal for issue 561 minus the sentence about UAAG.
21:14:32 [LucaMascaro]
LucaMascaro has joined #wai-wcag
21:14:38 [Judy]
Judy has joined #wai-wcag
21:17:58 [Andi]
resolution: add boneyard item to 2.1.1 to address optional technique on using the most abstract event handler.
21:20:15 [Yvette]
Yvette has joined #wai-wcag
21:20:22 [Yvette]
q+
21:20:37 [ben]
ack Yve
21:22:12 [Andi]
action: Gregg to make sure issue and survey comments for 2.1.1 are covered in the intent section.
21:23:10 [Andi]
resolution: close issue 986 with proposed comment
21:24:55 [Yvette]
q+
21:26:30 [Michael]
q+ to say I think all the comments have merit - combine? still lead to close thie issue
21:26:46 [ben]
ack Yve
21:29:17 [Andi]
resolution: answers on survey should be "accept", "accept with modifications", and "accept with other"
21:30:22 [Michael]
q-
21:31:06 [Zakim]
+??P26
21:32:21 [Judy]
Judy has joined #wai-wcag
21:33:30 [Yvette]
q+
21:33:36 [Zakim]
-??P26
21:36:15 [Yvette]
q?
21:36:39 [ben]
ack Yve
21:37:29 [Andi]
resolution: close with comment "Content must be designed to support operation via keyboard or keyboard interface, and authors should use technologies (see definition in Glossary) that support this capability."
21:38:17 [Andi]
resolution: modify previous resolution "answers on survey should be "accept", "accept with modifications", and "other"
21:42:25 [Andi]
resolution: delete sc 3.1.6 (duplicate of 2.4.7)
21:43:10 [Andi]
resolution: close 1700 with comment "covered by 2.4.7"
21:44:20 [Yvette]
zakim, mute me
21:44:20 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should now be muted
21:47:56 [Yvette]
zakim, unmute me
21:47:56 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should no longer be muted
21:48:30 [Yvette]
zakim, mute me
21:48:30 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should now be muted
21:49:34 [Andi]
resolution: close issue 1740, include examples from 2.1.2 intent section in response
21:50:34 [Andi]
resolution: close issue 1740, some functionality cannot be done with keyboard, Level 3 is where we put things that don't apply to most websites, include examples from 2.1.2 intent.
21:51:25 [Yvette]
zakim, unmute
21:51:25 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'unmute', Yvette
21:51:54 [Yvette]
zakim, unmute me
21:51:54 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should no longer be muted
21:51:58 [Judy]
Judy has joined #wai-wcag
21:55:47 [Andi]
resolution: for issue 1804, keep "analog" as the term, accept item 2 in the proposal, substituting "analog" for "continuous"
22:00:23 [Yvette]
zakim, mute me
22:00:23 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should now be muted
22:00:38 [Andi]
resolution: leave 1829 open, editors need to look at a way to include something in the "how to meet" document regarding Access Keys. Need to say something because it was in WCAG 1.0.
22:00:42 [ben]
ack John
22:04:20 [Zakim]
-LucaMascaro
22:11:36 [Andi]
resolution: close issue 1837 - after extensive discussion, WG has decided this exception should exist at Level 1.
22:12:12 [Andi]
action: Gregg to followup on Becky's suggestion to put something in "how to meet" for gl 2.1.1 explaining why the exception is worded that way.
22:16:52 [Becky]
q+
22:18:47 [Becky]
ack becky
22:20:34 [Yvette]
zakim, unmute me
22:20:34 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should no longer be muted
22:20:35 [Yvette]
q+
22:23:33 [Zakim]
-rellero
22:24:59 [Yvette]
ack y
22:25:39 [Yvette]
q+
22:26:02 [ben]
ack Yve
22:28:27 [Yvette]
zakim, mute me
22:28:27 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should now be muted
22:29:33 [Yvette]
zakim, unmute me
22:29:33 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should no longer be muted
22:30:10 [Yvette]
zakim, mute me
22:30:10 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should now be muted
22:31:10 [Andi]
resolution: close issue 1873, delete the note about MouseKeys, move MouseKeys exception to the definition of keyboard interface by adding the following phrase "Keyboard operated mouse emulation software, such as MouseKeys, does not qualify because it emulates a mouse interface and is not a keyboard interface."
22:31:26 [ben]
zakim, close this item
22:31:26 [Zakim]
agendum 2 closed
22:31:27 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
22:31:28 [Zakim]
1. Progress, schedules, procedures, etc. [from ben]
22:31:34 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 1
22:31:34 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Progress, schedules, procedures, etc." taken up [from ben]
22:36:26 [David]
zakim, mute me
22:36:26 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should now be muted
22:36:27 [Judy]
task force authority under W3C Process document:
22:36:27 [Judy]
http://www.w3.org/2004/02/Process-20040205/process.html#ReqsAllGroups
22:37:12 [Judy]
task authority under WCAG WG charter:
22:37:12 [Judy]
http://www.w3.org/2004/04/wcag-charter#scope
22:37:53 [Judy]
already approved techniques task force:
22:37:53 [Judy]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2003/12/wttf.html
22:37:53 [Judy]
which, with the following edits, would enable you to draft techniques
22:38:54 [Judy]
1. Add status line "This document is being revised and is under review by the WCAG WG."
22:38:54 [Judy]
2. Objective: "In the sentence, "The objective is...." remove "technology-specific"
22:38:54 [Judy]
3. Communication: Replace last four bullets with "teleconferences and/or face-to-face meetings if necessary and approved by WCAG WG"
22:38:54 [Judy]
4. Participation: After "Task force participants" add "*must* have joined the WCAG WG"
22:38:54 [Judy]
5. Participation: Remove first three bulleted items.
22:38:56 [Judy]
6. W3C Team Leadership: Replace current with "The Task Force is facilitated by Gregg Vanderheiden and John Slatin, Co-Chairs of WCAG WG, with Judy Brewer available for consultation as interim team contact."
22:39:48 [Andi]
www.w3.org/wai/gl/2003/12/wttf.html
22:39:59 [Andi]
is the relevant existing one
22:52:14 [David]
zakim, unmute me
22:52:14 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should no longer be muted
22:52:35 [Yvette]
zakim, unmute me
22:52:35 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should no longer be muted
22:53:01 [Yvette]
zakim, mute me
22:53:01 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should now be muted
22:54:47 [Yvette]
zakim, unmute me
22:54:47 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink should no longer be muted
22:55:35 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
22:55:35 [Zakim]
On the phone I see David_MacDonald, Gregg_and_Ben, John_Slatin, Michael_Cooper, Christophe_Strobbe, Yvette_Hoitink, Alex_Li, Tim_Boland, Bengt_Farre, Sofia_Celic, Andi_Snow_Weaver,
22:55:38 [Zakim]
... Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Becky_Gibson, Judy
23:03:55 [David]
zakim, mute me
23:03:55 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should now be muted
23:12:41 [Zakim]
-Judy
23:14:11 [bengt]
??
23:14:24 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
23:14:36 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
23:15:23 [ben]
zakim, close this item
23:15:23 [Zakim]
agendum 1 closed
23:15:24 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
23:15:25 [Zakim]
3. 12 January Techniques and Open Issues for 1.3 [from ben]
23:15:29 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 3
23:15:29 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "12 January Techniques and Open Issues for 1.3" taken up [from ben]
23:15:32 [Yvette]
q+
23:15:33 [Andi]
resolution: accept definition of "variations in presentations in text"
23:15:49 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
23:15:57 [ben]
ack Alex
23:16:00 [ben]
ack Yve
23:16:20 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
23:16:20 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Gregg_and_Ben, John_Slatin, Christophe_Strobbe, Yvette_Hoitink, Alex_Li, Bengt_Farre, Sofia_Celic, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Becky_Gibson
23:26:01 [ben]
Regrets: Roberto_Scano, Sebastiano_Nutarelli, Roberto_Castaldo
23:27:21 [Andi]
resolution: working examples are allowed in techniques but not required. No work should be delayed due to lack of working examples.
23:27:50 [Yvette]
zakim, unmute me
23:27:50 [Zakim]
Yvette_Hoitink was not muted, Yvette
23:29:46 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
23:29:47 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
23:29:50 [Zakim]
-Becky_Gibson
23:29:51 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
23:29:51 [Zakim]
-John_Slatin
23:29:52 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
23:29:53 [Zakim]
-Yvette_Hoitink
23:29:54 [Zakim]
-Gregg_and_Ben
23:29:54 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow_Weaver
23:29:56 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
23:29:57 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has ended
23:29:59 [Zakim]
Attendees were David_MacDonald, John_Slatin, Gregg_and_Ben, Michael_Cooper, Christophe_Strobbe, Yvette_Hoitink, Alex_Li, Tim_Boland, Bengt_Farre, Sofia_Celic, LucaMascaro,
23:30:02 [Zakim]
... Andi_Snow_Weaver, rellero, Becky_Gibson, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Judy
23:30:16 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
23:30:59 [jslatin]
9/andi thanks so much for scribing today
23:34:53 [ben]
Zakim, bye
23:34:53 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
23:38:59 [Christophe]
Christophe has left #wai-wcag
23:39:10 [ben]
RRSAgent, bye
23:39:10 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/01/12-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
23:39:10 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg to make sure issue and survey comments for 2.1.1 are covered in the intent section. [1]
23:39:10 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/01/12-wai-wcag-irc#T21-22-12
23:39:10 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg to followup on Becky's suggestion to put something in "how to meet" for gl 2.1.1 explaining why the exception is worded that way. [2]
23:39:10 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/01/12-wai-wcag-irc#T22-12-12